Wed, Oct 9, 12:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Customers

Welcome to the MarketPlace Customers Forum

Forum Moderators: tim, msansing, ebasham

MarketPlace Customers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 2:46 pm)

Contact and Support Information:

To reach our Marketplace staff, please open a support ticket at
support.renderosity.com

Our goal is to respond to support tickets within 24 hours, 7 days a week.

Subject: Problem with your Subway Entrance prop

Devon ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 4:40 PM · edited Wed, 09 October 2024 at 12:28 PM

file_34823.jpg

Message to kurokuma : William Burningham Just wanted to let you know I just bought your Subway Entrance Prop for Pose and it's does NOT work right. It causes Poser 5 to crash. I'm using Windows XP Professional. Have you had it tested in Poser 5? I tried re saving it as a Poser file and re loading it but it doesn't work. I get a caught C exception violation trapped at 1b:1c02075 message error. If you e-mail me at poserguy2001@yahoo.com I'll send you a jpeg image of what it looks like. I tried to render an image and it freezes up afterwards. This file is totally usless to me. Unless you can correct this asap I want my money back. I'm sending this message to Renderosities Merchants text people along with an image of the error message I get when loading it. I also get a message that two files or the same name are loading up. I put the textures in the same folder as the files to see if that would help but it didn't. I was thinking I had two or more textures of the same name you had. Not the case. DEVON Please get back to me asap on this.

caleb68 ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 6:00 PM

ouch, i've got the fatal exception error with certain formats of light wave figures before, something in the format of how it was saved poser didn't like. Hopefully its a simple problem like that. Looks like a really nice prop too. Gonna keep my eye on this one to see how it turns out.

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 7:45 PM

file_34824.jpg

Hi Devon, Sorry to see you are having problems with the Subway. Its listed as a "System Requirements: Poser 4 Pro with latest update" and doesnt list Poser 5. However, I downloaded the product, Installed it and tested. No problems on my system. PIII 875Mhz, GeForce 3 64mb AGP, Win 2K Pro, Poser 5. I did not get a duplicate file error when installing the ZIP. The only thing I can see that might have cuased this for you is the License.txt file being installed into /runtime. I loaded the prop with out errors. Used on of the provided Camera setting and here is the results. I will notify kurokuma of this post to see if they can provide some assistance. At this time it appears to be a system specific issue rather than a product file issue. Clint

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

kurokuma ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 8:59 PM

file_34825.jpg

I tested the prop on a new install of Poser 5 on a Celeron 800MHZ PC running Windows XP Professional eddition with 256 MB RAM. Installed the prop directly from the zip file into C:Program FilesCurious LabsPoser 5 Opened Poer 5, and loaded the Prop without any problems. I rendered out an image with the standard figure still present. http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.ez?Who=kurokuma&ViewArticle=2006

Devon ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 9:36 PM

Well I can't figure this out. I can't see this being a system error if we all are Running Windows XP Professional. I even disable my Virus protection because of past problems. Don't seem to be having any problems with other files. Can't figure this out. Anyone have any suggestions? Could this file be bad after the download or something? I have a 14oo MHZ ADM Athalon with 512 MB of ram. Does anyone know what that error message means?

caleb68 ( ) posted Fri, 06 December 2002 at 10:27 PM

check in the poser main directory and make sure no '.tmp' files exist, those have caused problems for me in the past with loading things.... just a thought ;)

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 12:08 AM

Thanks Caleb68 for the suggestion. I did find a spotLight 1_shadow_0001.tmp file in there and took it out but that did not help. If anyone knows what that exception error means we might be able to know what the problem is. I know Microsoft has definitions for all there error messages. Wonder if the People at Curious labs can tell us what this is. I've contacted them on a few ocassions about problems but they never answer me.

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 1:05 AM

I checked Microsofts Knowledge base and could not find anything on this error. This has to be a Poser 5 problem . I did update to the first patch but did not install the second beta Patch. Was wondering if this might solve the problem. I never got this error message before using Poser 4 Pro pack on this same machine. This started with Poser 5 and only this file....so far.

caleb68 ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 2:21 AM

yeah its a poser problem and something to do with reading files points up to his early post I have had the problem sometimes trying to import LW files. Mayhap trying to reinstall the files? make sure they overwrite the old ones. Its a possibility one of the files got currupt. Just another thought...

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 2:43 AM

file_34826.jpg

You better believe it's the file I downloaded today and NOT my computer. I did a test of the Props and first re downloaded the files to get a second copy. Then reinstalled them. Then I decide to save the two parented props as seperate props and Lo and Behold......the Street prop works but the Stairs prop is bad. The only way we will know for sure is if someone takes my bad stairs prop and tries it out. I need a new file "Fresh" and Not from the server that the current one is on and re test it. I can tell you this after doing this test....It's the Prop file that is BAD. Not my computer or Poser 5. See the attached pics for Proof.

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 3:08 PM

file_34827.jpg

Last night after looking at the Poser screen of my error and thinking how come I'm getting this error and nobody else is....I started to stare at the supplied png thumb that was supplied with this prop. I looked at it and shook my head. How come this png thumb is too big. It's supposed to be 91x91 pixels. How could renderosity even approve this size. Then it hit me........file size....holy @#it. What's the file size of the supplied jpg's? I know for a fact that Poser can't render (or work with) texture maps larger than 4000x4000 pixels. Even Curious Labs doesn't recomend it. I had a problem in the past with errors and freeze ups in Poser 4. So I checked out the file sizes of the two supplied jpg.s Well what do you know...the Stairs jpg is 5000x3411. One dimension was too big. The Subway building jpg was 400x2163. HUMMMMMM...I though....Stairs prop won't load....Street prop does load. How can I test this out? Then I remembered that there were supplied OBJ files with this prop. So I thought why don't I just import the OBJ's resize and position them and add the textures manually. Well I did...and what do you know happened? As soon as I clicked on the 5000x3411 jpg to load it I got the error message again. Well that was it. That's why that prop would not load. It was my Poser program saying that It can't handle the file size. Rightfully so. So I re-sized that jpg file to 3500x2388 and it loaded fine with NO errors. Now my question to all of you is this? Why did I have the problem and nobody else seems to have this problem? We all know that the texture map file sizes should be no bigger than 4000x4000. Why did renderosity let this go through? Is there something I'm missing or don't know? Why was the oversized png file ok'd? Can someone explain this to me? Is there a way to get Poser to render larger image maps without getting errors? Should it even be done? And my last question.....Why the heck make a 5000x3411 texture map for such a small prop? Was that really necessary. My re sized one was more than enough. Why are so many of the merchants going past this boundry for the sake of more detail? Come on get with it. Look at the problems your causing. Now it's OVER.....I never forget this and I hope we all learned from today's lesson. DEVON

caleb68 ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 3:48 PM

so it turned out to be a memory issue? how much memory does your machine have? maybe they should update the packages 'system requirements' to show the package requires X ammount of memory. I know i've worked on some scenes that a machine, no matter how powerful the processor, if it only had 128 megs of ram there was no way it would work with the same scene (over 2 million polys and high res textures). Should try to figure out what the exact memory limits are for this one ;). your question: why make a 5000x3411 pixel texture map - simple answer really - to retain detail levels. For instance, my armor of the ancients uses a 2000x2000 texture map for each piece, however each piece is sharing the same texture map for the most part so only 2 2000x2000 texture maps are being used. I figured out the memory requirements by testing it on the two machines here and watching the memory usage on them, then figured in additional for working with a scene.

Devon ( ) posted Sat, 07 December 2002 at 9:38 PM

Still Caleb68.....we get into the issue of ...is it really necessary to have such a small prop have such a large texture map? I hardly think so. In my opinion were going way overboard on getting detail here. Unless I'm doing an exteme close up of the prop it's totally unnecessary. Like I said before. I down sized it to 3500 pixels and that was more than enough. In my opinion this is more like a conflict issue with Poser not being able want to use a texture map larger than it wants to (than a memory issue). If you read my specs above on my machine. a 1400 MHZ machime running 512MB or RAM is more than enough. I even went so far as to partition my duel 80 GIG hard drive so that Windows has it's own partition and can run with no interference. I still would like to know how others were able to use that file and not I. Were they using that large texture map like I was? If so how did they get around it? I had my machime optimized so that I took full advantage of RAM and memory and had not conflict issues like in the past.

CryptoPooka ( ) posted Tue, 21 January 2003 at 2:29 AM

I have both the subway and the gas station, which also has some very large maps. I can fully load either -- or both -- and have no problems. Multiple figures added in, a relatively cluttered set, no problems. I don't get any errors, even with all the textures at full size. But I don't have Poser 5. However, since there are still so many weird and random bugs with Poser 5 that can't be duplicated on every machine, it could just be another quirk. I've tried running it on two different 2 ghz machines, but we're working with the same 512 of RAM. I wouldn't think that the processor would make THAT much of a change, though. Win XP machines. Something else ... are you having any other weird system hiccups? Blue screens, other errors? My laptop regularly choked on Poser when I first got it. I have pages of exception errors logged. Turned out to be a bad RAM chip. I hate dragging this up again, but I utterly adore kurokuma's work and haven't had any problems, and the geek in me wants to try to figure this one out.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.