Thu, Oct 17, 7:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 1:31 am)

Subject: New Poser Girl - Alexa

BECamation ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 1:05 PM

Interesting posts for sure. :) Personally I like realism in 3D but now that we have our own toon character I'm having way too much fun playing with her. Just to clarify a few things, Alexa is 29.95 and she comes with over 90 morphs, a catsuit, poses, toon and real textures, skirt, top, shoes and several mats and transmaps for the catsuit. She already has about 9 new outfits, props and add-on's from vendors like, Fabi at FK Designs, The Rendering, Nerd3D, Spanki, lanner at Digital Intoxication, ArtRO, Alexnest, Schlabber and more to come soon. We've got freebies up for her already and we've just announced a contest with her where you can win CASH for the holidays. Make sure to swing by 3DC and see her for yourself. Mark

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 3:56 PM

file_87012.jpg

Misaki by Yoshitaka Ichikawa and Jonathan Lynn. http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=22645 -SMT

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:11 PM

Misaki? I've never heard of her before. I like her. Where is she available?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 4:42 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=22645

Click the link for Misaki -SMT

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 5:44 PM

file_87013.jpg

...I wonder why Tom Woof has never made Poser versions of his, "Manga Babes"? -SMT

mondoxjake ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 6:35 PM

Interesting thread here. I have been following these new toon dolls pretty closely as I am a toon fan [I like girls too!]. So far the only one I have been able to afford was Sara [free!]. I agree that there is a resemblance facial wise between Sara and Alexa...but feel the comparison stops there. From the renders I have seen of both dolls I believe Alexa is the most versatile, and have yet to see an un-postworked render of her where any of the normal Poser 'folds'at knees, elbows, etc.,were visible. I was surprised to see how many clothing and accessory packs were realeased at the same time as Alexa. [As of today by my figures the total for all packs and the doll is $130.65.] The Netoon Gal [IMHO] has the prettiest head/face of the lot, but there is a disappointing lack of clothing and accessories to make her a well rounded character. I am downgrading or plugging any particular doll here, just reporting it as I see it. 1. For cute 'out of the box': Neftoon Gal 2. For posing and available items: Alexa 3. For my budget: Sara The ones I left out is because I personally have no interest in them.

mondoxjake ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 6:56 PM

Correction to my earlier post [why isn't there an Edit feature in these forums?]-- read: I am downgrading as: I AM NOT DOWNGRADING...sorry, the yelling is for emphasis only!

neftis ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 7:01 PM

mondoxjake: Thanks a lot for your comments on NG! I only wanted to tell you that very soon we will have loads of stuffs for all the polymage figures. So far Digicalimero and I were alone doing all the basics...but we now can accepts brokers directly at Polymage and we will supporting all of our figures with clothes , hair ;) , and morphs and new character sets as well. We have a lots on the table...it's only a matter of time... But still...very soon ;) so don't worry :)

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 7:28 PM

file_87014.jpg

I also wonder why "It's Ming" has never converted any of his cute female characters into Poser form? I mean, he's done Poser stuff before, but only with very "cartoonie" type characters... -SMT

mondoxjake ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 7:49 PM

Your Neftoon Gal is for sure the one I would like to have first, and I can understand the lack of accessory items as you and Digicalimero put your all of your early efforts into production of a great doll. [I did register at your site today and will be watching the updates.] I have noticed that one of my comrades from the Poser newsgroup, Gareee [hope I got enough e's in that!], is supporting the doll by working on some things for her as well. I just can't imagine why some of our other creators are not coming out with much for her yet. I only wish at this point I had saved the money I spent on Vicky3 and the tons of stuff needed to make her work....I don't even use her much.

Torulf ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 8:55 PM

Do not forget Aiko anime/afire from Hanspawn studio or Toshi free anime figure for Posett.

TG

Torulf ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:07 PM

Sorry miss spell, HandspanStudos Aiko Faerie /anime. I can no longer find it on the site. Toshis on the left and Aiko to the right. http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=296132&Start=1&Artist=Torulf&ByArtist=Yes

TG

Torulf ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 9:12 PM

file_87015.jpg

One more time. Here it is.

TG

n3k0 ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 10:55 PM

And yes, TheGirl does look a whole lot like gorgeous Karen Duffy. And for further 2D toon girl inspiration, go here: www.pinuptoons.com (and they're based on real people, too. I keep telling myself, "hey she looks familiar, hey I've seen her before.")

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:04 PM

file_87016.jpg

Now these I really find scary. :D Larger version- http://www.calypso-dreams.com/sigs/toonbackslg.jpg

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Caly ( ) posted Tue, 02 December 2003 at 11:10 PM

file_87017.jpg

I took out the 2 more 'realistic' gals- The Maya doll, and Kaedeko. Larger Version- http://www.calypso-dreams.com/sigs/toongalstextlrg.jpg Koshini has the Kandied Koshini texture by AllenArt Default (Poserpros) Aiko has the Daz Mat/Mor female default LaRoo has the DNA Tex01.jpg default Sara has the make-up texture from Daz/toon base default Alexa has her Toon texture default NefToon has her Tan texture (comes with) Animedoll is at her default coloring. I don't seem to have textures. Trixie is using the TrixieFae textures from Sixus1

Renderosity Gallery

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 12:56 AM

file_87018.jpg

Alexa is my personal favorite so far...

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 12:57 AM

file_87019.jpg

As you can see in this no-postwork image, she has great joints (very little postwork required for most poses).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 12:59 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Forgot the nudity flag ;(

Bobbie_Boucher ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 2:11 AM

Isn't it a policy of some sort against using characters with names that are already used? Eirian created Alexa & Allie. I bought them.

kayarnad ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 2:46 AM

well, I still don't have Alexa, but from the renders I've seen, I guess she beats Sara hands down.

3-DArena ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:16 AM

I've got to say - NefToon Sara and Alexa hands down - I'm sorry caly but even with your laRoo images she is freaky looking - and nude she is even worse with her udder type breasts and I always have a problem posing with her buttocks. NefToon bends very nicely too and it certainly looks as if Alexa does as well. Trixie is pretty freaky too - more alien than anime and Maya is too cartoony for my taste.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:54 AM

My only issue with Alexa is in some of her proportions... the shins are too long (should be same length as knee to hip) as are her forearms (should be same length as elbow to shoulder). Of course these are 'toon' gals, so that's not critical, but it makes for some odd posing at times ;).

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:56 AM

file_87020.jpg

Hmm Well Heres Cherry Anime Doll This is with no postwork and no textures on her (Except for her hair) She can be found at http://rendervisions.com in the marketplace under people.

The Art Door and Rendervisions Community.
For Artists By Artists

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:58 AM

file_87021.jpg

Neener Neener -Giggle- (No postwork no texture except the hair)

For Artists By Artists

Lady Cherry ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 9:58 AM

file_87022.jpg

Ohhh La La (No postwork no texture except the hair)

For Artists By Artists

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 10:18 AM

Ok, my opinion... NefToon Gal in the lead Then hmm. I really like Sara's sweet face, but I prefer Alexa's body front. However I think I prefer Sara's backside. :D I think Koshini is in a category all of her own and I adore her there, especially fun when using Puppet morphs, and I think Maya's Anime Doll is also in a category by herself and she makes excellent cel-shading type renders. I think a default LaRoo is pretty scary, but that Trixie's default is even freakier. However, LaRoo with morphs can be pretty darn cute. Trixie doesn't really do cute. She's good if you do a certain darker style. Aiko can be cute or sultry, I don't like her 'squinched up' default face, but she can be morphed nicely. I haven't used the Maya Doll much, though I've seen great morphs for her. I haven't used Kaedeko much either, she seems nice enough. I haven't tried Nadya, or Cherry Anime, or Misaki In the grand scheme of things, it's nice to have variety, so it's great that they all exist. But geesh, am I ever going into debt. :D

Renderosity Gallery

Torulf ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 4:55 PM

Here are one more BrainMuffin's Sekushi Koneko Anime Character at Bbay.

TG

mondoxjake ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 8:29 PM

From the varied opinions and posts, I would say there is room in the Poser genre for all this great looking babes...is mostly a matter of personal taste. I think we should also let the creators of these great works know that we are not finding fault with any of their handywork...just more or less an analyisis of them, again personal taste plays a big part...[and available funds!]

mondoxjake ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 10:11 PM

Let's dig out the old Poser 2 and Poser 3 people...not sure if you would call them toonish or not but they sure might start a new trend! And we don't need too many male toons...we still have the Dork.

mondoxjake ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 10:22 PM

Along the lines of the Shazam model, sometime ago there was one called Vicky Bratz{?}. Can't remember who did it, but the artist posted several renders to the gallery and then finally released the file in freestuff.

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 11:33 PM

Shazam reminds me of those freaky big-headed girl doll toys I keep seeing in the toyshops. Bratz or something? I find them utterly grotesque. I must admit, though, Heart'Song has done some very appealing pixies and fairies with Shazaam... bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

elizabyte ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 11:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.bratzpack.com/

Yeah, it is Bratz. Website SUCKS. Not only does it make noise, it's 100% Flash and it's tedious to load, even on cable. Whatever. I won't be buying any of this stuff for my kids any time soon. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Caly ( ) posted Wed, 03 December 2003 at 11:43 PM

file_87023.jpg

NefToon says thanks for the cool free blouse. :) (over at polymage.com) The texture on it is a WIP of mine. :) I redid the cr2s though... I made you a folder in my Geometries folder and took the .objs out of the library folder. :) That's NefToon Gal's default textures though I changed her base hair color. The lights are a variation on Hmann's Goddess Ultimate. The background is the Egyptian Environment from poserpros. There is no postwork.

Renderosity Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.