Tue, Oct 8, 11:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 08 8:34 am)

Subject: Question about using UVMaps & Photoshop to edit textures

pazu ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 9:18 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 11:39 AM

OK, I've managed to create UV maps using UVMapper. Now I want to bring the UV map into Photoshop as a layer so I can use it as a guide to edit textures on other layers. My question is: how can I get Photoshop to display the white portions of the UV map as clear while keeping the black wireframe lines as perfectly opague? Right now I can only figure out how to reduce the transparency of the entire overlaying UV map, but this hazes out the texture beneath it.

Also, am I going about this the right way? Thanks!

PhilC ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 9:46 PM

Select any white area using the magic wand tool. Now go to Select/Similar. Next go to Edit/Cut. This should leave the black lines whilst enabling you to see the layers underneath.

philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 9:53 PM

Alternatively, set the layer's blend mode to Multiply.

pazu ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 10:13 PM

Thanks PhilC and Little Dragon...both those suggestions work great!

Lyrra ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 10:41 PM

I usually set the template to Darken and work on layers underneath it. For dark colored items I invert the tempalte and set it to lighten ..

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 11:26 PM

Attached Link: http://www.edesign.com/filters/

Promote your template to a layer and zap it with the eliminate white plugin (free at link),and you now have a wireframe on a transparent background. SWAMP

IndigoSplash ( ) posted Sun, 14 December 2003 at 11:55 PM

I make it into a mask and apply it to a solid black layer, it gets rid of all the white perfectly.

pazu ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 1:38 AM

Once again thanks to all! Not just solutions to my basic question, but some great techniques I never even suspected were there, even a filter. What a great resource this forum is!

Tintifax ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 8:00 AM

Use it as lowest layer. This is especially necessary when you are using a template with colored seamguides.

mikeberg ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 8:35 AM

I would love having a tutorial explaining all these techniques for the newbie that I am.

jonzan ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2003 at 8:43 AM

Attached Link: http://www.unwrap3d.com

Still having problems? I have another suggestion for you. If you're a pc user (sorry mac!), Unwrap3d can export straight to a Photoshop layer! No fuss, no mess. Which is pretty cool if you like vector layers and stuff.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.