Tue, Oct 22, 11:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: problem with gallery,hoping the mods will read

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:06 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:27 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=629748&Start=379&Sectionid=0&filter_genre_id=0&Whats

ok this is geting aggravating. the other day I saw a picture that had a hat and such blantantly pasted onto the pic and knew it was from a copyrighted picture. sure enough it was and the artist noted{lets not get into how much kudos the picture was geting when the material wasnt even the one claiming it} today browsing the gallery I see a thumb nail and was like "hold on I know that pic and it does not belong to that person" I poped open the thumb and it is a picture of a girl in a prison. the girl is not from that setting originally and I am sure the "I got it from a tube" will come up again. the thing is we all know very well that many of the tube communities use pictures that are stolen. so then why are pictures that use them allowed here when a large lot of them are copyright infringed material? I am going nuts trying to go through all the gallery listings I have to get the originating picture of this girl in blue. The thing is if we ..viewers see something WE KNOW is copyrighted we cant do anything because we are just viewers. I ask, what if you poped open a pic and O.O there was part of your picture? I know there are MANY here that would blow a gasket. I think that it is time renderosity takes a stand on this. we need to cut this off before it become a place that copyright infringers think it is safe to post here. There ARE tube places out there that are clean and original work but I am seeing more and more pieces with blantant copyright infringed work. things you just know when you first see it that it is not suppose to be a tube. For those that Tube, please becareful of the sites you go to. also if a woman, figure,dragon what ever looks THAT good chances are the artist didnt give permission. Most artist do not creat these works to be cut up. Just take a moment to think about that. and those using them no matter what..dont think the works wont be recognized. they will and you will get reported. it just plain and simple not worth it. the link goes to the pic I am talking about I know the blue girl from another work and am going half nuts looking for it.~sighs~

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

tafkat ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:27 PM

"viewers see something WE KNOW is copyrighted we cant do anything because we are just viewers" Why not comment on the image and inform the mods? That's what I've done in the past. But I agree, there's so much of this stuff goes on it's overwhelming. I honestly didn't know about "tubes" until a month or so back - I'd never heard of them. Personally I'd go even further and say that art created using the art of others, be it tubes or stock or whatever, be given a separate category. That way the skills of a person who simply cuts and pastes will never get ranked against the person who creates a completely original work from scratch.

tafkat ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:29 PM

Hmm... just checked out the image linked to. If this image is a (c) violation then it may well be the fault of the site that supplied the compenent parts rather than the artist. My comment about separate categories still stands, however.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 3:58 PM

background from free stuff lady from free downloads at kandy's psp site thanks for looking This is written on the bottom of the poem, do not see what hte problem is, the artist is saying that they didn't create the chick or the bg but just pasted together......

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 4:26 PM

the thing is the girl is copyrighted. that is the problem. It is not crediting the artist that created it. and more then likely{ I can not say for sure but as the artist is not created it is a safe bet} the artist doesnt even know it is being cut and pasted like this. again if you opened up one of the thumbs and saw YOUR work cut and pasted and the "the so and so is a tube from such and such site" would you not be alittle ticked? it is common sence. if the picture looks that good chances are the artist didnt do it with the intention of it being a tube and more then likely doesnt even KNOW. sorry but that is wrong. and someone that says..it was a tube. they are responsable for finding out if the tube they are dling is legal and free and clear. a simple email to the tube site. "hey I was interested in such a such tube. has it been cleared with the artist for use? and if so is there a copy availble to see" simple. very very simple. it clears you and it clears the site. and any site that would post the work.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 4:30 PM

on a second thought I am abit confused. posts and posts threads and threads have been dedicated here to copyright infringment and how wrong it is. "burned at the stake" is a good discription for some of the instances of it. why is it ok then to infring in this manner? I am totally confused. why is it ok to infringe because it was a "tube" ?

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 4:52 PM

Yeah but do you know if it is alright to use the girl in a tube, from your post it doesn't seem so, I am all for burning at the stake when it is warrented but it just doesn't seem like you have proof to me ( no I am not trying to start a flame war 'neither :) just playing devils advocate cause prob a (C) has occured)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

kbennett ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 4:55 PM

It's most certainly not okay to infringe someone's copyright by tubing. Any that we catch here are removed as soon as we know about them and can verify that they're rip-offs. One thing you have to bear in mind though... we can't just pull it because a member points it out. We have to have some kind of evidence to work with (a link to the original, a complaint from the original artist, something like that) unless it's something so obvious that anyone would catch it. I've just looked at the image you mention. If you can provide a link to the original image of the girl, I'll gladly look into it deeper, but just because the artist says it came from a psp site doesn't automatically mean it's a copyright violation. There's always the chance the original artist posted the image at the psp site for others to use, and we have to bear that in mind too. Kev.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:02 PM

I'm no expert at copyright issues...Nor PSP tubes.. There are a lot of tube sites that use images with out permission. I'm not accusing anyone,but I've seen enough of it. if we knew where the original image was before it was "tubed" that would help.. I'll bring this up to some other Mods who know more about this than I do..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:21 PM

trust me I am going through my gallery links. I know that I cant do anything with out the link to the originating picture. the thing is I posted so to kind of open eyes. Renderosity is on alimb with things like this. I think it is time that a point is made perhaps an addition to the TOS stateing that if you are using tubes to please make sure that the material is copyright free. asking for verification is not extreme in this at all.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:25 PM

odeathoflife no flame war at all. I understand where you are coming from. But if you see a royo..a bergkvst{which she clearly states it not to be used} a vallejo or something that is amazing. you just -know-.

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:42 PM

Attached Link: Copyright Overview

Tubes are a wonderful feature of PSP, and can be used for everything from enhancing an image to creating an entire image with nothing but tubes....however, copyright applies to tubes, just like it applies to everything else - you can't just see an image you like and "tube out" a chunk of it and use it in your own work or offer it on your site for download without the artist's permission....unfortunately, a great many "tubers" do not understand or respect this (even though they know better), and a lot of newbies don't realize that just because a tube is offered somewhere doesn't mean the tuber has the right to do so, or don't understand that making a tube from someone else's work doesn't give them the right to use it. As the mod of the PSP forum, I try to keep reminding people of this fact in threads every couple of months, and have written a copyright overview (linked above) that addresses this and other basic copyright rules.....but some people are going to ignore the rules no matter how many times they are told of them, and will continue to "snag" and use whatever they want. (And of course, not everyone who uses PSP visits the forum or reads the overview :-P) There *are* reputable tube sites out there (I have one myself, thank you very much, LOL) that offer ONLY original tubes, created entirely from scratch, or from confirmed public domain images....a general "rule of thumb" for good tube sites will be that the person states that the tubes are "all original work", and there aren't any tubes of characters you recognize, such as Disney, Precious Moments, WB, Pokemon, etc. Images using copyrighted tubes are dealt with just like all other copyright/TOS violations here....but since there are many, many, many images here at Rosity, and not so many mods, we depend on the members to help bring them to our attention, and appreciate it when you do! Any time you spot what you think may be a copyright violation, please IM the mod of that particular gallery (it helps if you can give some sort of reference to the original image), and it *will* be investigated by that mod and the rest of the team. As for this particular offending image, the girl *is* copyrighted - I don't remember the original artist, but I've seen this one enough to know.....and I will remove the image posthaste! I am also trying to compile a list of "reputable" tube sites, so if you know of one, PLEASE IM me with the url - thanks! dreamsosweet (or Sweet for short, LOL) PSP Moderator

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 5:52 PM

Oh I do know there are many legal tube sites I know that. I am not slamming all tubes. But we need to keep our eyes open and tube responsably....that sounded so odd.lol. Artists need to look out for Artists. I am looking at the tube site. and for some reason I keep wanting to think it is actually a poser piece. >.< I am so sorry I am so scatterbrained. I remember either pictures or pieces of pictures and then....O.O I cant remember where or when and I go nuts. sorry for that. http://desktopenhancements.surfhoo.com/KandyKisses/people1.html that is the page the original tube is from the girl was originally in red. and in one of the tubes you can see abit of the bg.

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 6:41 PM

LOL! "Tube responsibly" - I love it, and we all should....although it does sound sort of like a subject line from an email spam! ;-)

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 9:26 PM

DE..did anyone send an email to KandyKiss to tell her that her tubes are from Copyrighted material and in essence are a nono? I could not find anything at her site that stated such, but surely she must be aware?

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 9:46 PM

I tried and it got returned saying mailbox not available>.< I also recognized the fairy from armadillo fairy a piece done by Mark Ivan Cole. he was not aware of its tube use. and his sites are marked with not to be used with out permission. I also noted she has pages of disney things.>.< it is a nightmare of copyright and trademark infringment. the kicker is if you read her copyright disclaimer she says as far as she knows the things are public domain...I dont know what site she is geting some of her things from but I know two of the artists have clearly marked on all their sites that their work is not to be used. and I know disney is down right visciouse about it.

dreamsosweet ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 9:55 PM

Her "copyright info/disclaimer" reads as follows.... ------- To the best of my knowledge pictures used to make the tubes on my site are free for public use. But my garphics come from many many sources so on occasion this may not be true. If you see a tube you know or believe is copyrighted would you please e-mail me and tell me which tube and which page. I have e-mail links on all of my pages. If you do know who the artist is, this would also be Very helpful in my being able to locate them and ask for permission to use their art in the tube. So that it may be used with permission and no one gets in trouble for it, or to remove the tube if needed. When and if I am notified that a picture is copyrighted I will include on this page the picture used for the tube in question and ask everyone visiting if they know who the artist is if it isn't known ,,, so I can find who I need to contact ,,,,, Thank you all for taking the time to read this and for your help in the future ,,,, Kandy P.S. For those of you who visit here often you may want to check this page at the beginning of your visits to see if any tubes are listed in question of copyright issues. Thank You :o) ------- Somehow I don't think an email to her will help, she seems to have a lot of copyrighted material in her tubes, and doesn't seem to make much of an effort on her own to track them down - depending on your downloaders to track your images for you is not "responsible tubing"....

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 10:45 PM

:) responsable tubing a twelve step program for tubing on the net~said in the best annoucing voice~ LOL. nope and the addy returns the mail sent to it. so actually no way to get ahold of her.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:01 PM

Well if one cannot email her without the mail being 'returned', then it's an impossibilty.

Valandar ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:15 PM

Then her provider needs a little e-mail, eh?

Remember, kids! Napalm is Nature's Toothpaste!

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:17 PM

I have searched and searched for her domain server and I cannot find it.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:20 PM

At this time I think that at least Disney should be notified. I sent mail to her at "desktop_enhancements@hotmail.com" and so far it has not been returned. It's getting late for me here in Arkansas and past my bedtime...so I'll check with you all later on this.

Ardiva ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:22 PM

Sorry, I spoke too soon. lol The mail to her at that addy just got returned to me. sigh

DarkElegance ( ) posted Fri, 19 March 2004 at 11:59 PM

GUH...this is just icky an artist cant contact her either to get their work removed. GUH

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 1:59 AM

I think you'll find this site has been abandoned for quite awhile. I know it's been on the 'net for at least 4 years as it was one of the first places that introduced me to tubes. (nope, never used them :) ) At the time I belonged to a group that was scroupulous(sp) at getting permission to tube various images, artists who said no had their wishes, not to mention copyright, adhered to. Course, then I discovered Poser and had no need to seek permission from anyone as I now make my own :) Please excuse the spelling, it's just gone 7am here and I'm not really awake.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 2:04 AM

s'ok. it is 2am here.lol tubes are not all bad. when you need a quick rose,butterfly,gem,etc,etc, they can help. try doing a whole web set with multiple pages when the person wants everything in pearls and lilies and you will find out how much help they can be>.<{specially if you do them ahead of time and save them. I did that with a bunch of dividers that I did in bladepro.} just those that are mutilating and yes I mean mutilating art work for tubes..guh>.< just take a few mins and write the artist! O.O can you tell this tweeks me out?

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 10:04 AM

Eeeks...I just used one her tubes ( a Fairy Godmother) in a moderin Cinderella type image I did for Poser gallery. I redid the image now using a Brush for photo shop that is sold here by ilona. It is called the Mystic Forest Brushes. The new image has been uploaded in place of the old one. Thank you so much for bringing this to my attention about her site. Warm Regards, Nancy (SophiaDeer)

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 11:33 AM

I hear ya Nancy! I used one of hers as well when I started my Fractal gallery many months ago. It was brought to my attention discreetly and I immediately pulled that piece of work. still reeking with embarrasment

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 1:15 PM

.>>>>>>and discreetly pull my foot out of my mouth. shoelaces just dont taste that good. sorry Ardiva and SophiaDeer

Ardiva ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 1:37 PM

Exactly. :-)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sat, 20 March 2004 at 2:07 PM

it is just a huge pet peeve. I dont mean that all tubers are that way,,,,snagers that is. but it is growing to a problem. it is just aggravating. Several artists here and at epi and a few other galleries I am at as well as myself have been victim to this problem and after you see the bazillanth site with material like that you just near snap. ~sighs~

Erlik ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 6:28 AM

Well, this was not difficult: Domain Name: SURFHOO.COM Administrative Contact: Meredith Edward im@surfsitesusa.com Surfsiteusa.com appears to be hosted with Pro Hosters L.L.C. Address: 22900 Shaw Road Address: Suite 112-4 City: Sterling StateProv: VA PostalCode: 20166 TechPhone: 1-302-275-5408

-- erlik

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 21 March 2004 at 9:14 AM

Here's what I got after searching for "SURFHOO.COM" (which I didn't the first time. Was going for the whole URL name before.)Thanks Erlik LOL!! ============================ Registrant: Meredith, Edward (SURFHOO-DOM) 624 Johnson Ave Linwood, PA 19061 US Domain Name: SURFHOO.COM Administrative Contact: Meredith, Edward (JXW1459) im@surfsitesusa.com 624 Johnson Ave Linwood, PA 19061 US 484-614-2704 fax: 123 123 1234 Technical Contact: Wilson, John (JWC717) jwilson@SCREENSANDTHEMES.COM P.O. Box 238 Claymont, DE 19703 US 302-791-0254 fax: 123 123 1234 Record expires on 06-Nov-2006. Record created on 06-Nov-1999. Database last updated on 21-Mar-2004 10:09:20 EST. Domain servers in listed order: RISSA.SCREENSANDTHEMES.COM 66.197.111.221 RISSA2.SCREENSANDTHEMES.COM 66.197.111.222 ============================================================ surfhoo.com resolves to IP address 66.197.111.226 www.surfhoo.com resolves to IP address 66.197.111.226 Home page title: "Wallpapers, Screen Savers, Desktop Themes, WinAmps, ICQ Skins" Server (surfhoo.com) responded successfully (69 msecs) ============================================================ ============================================================ Information from whois.arin.net (Querying "66.197.111.226") ============================================================ Pro Hosters L.L.C. PROHOSTERS (NET-66-197-0-0-1) 66.197.0.0 - 66.197.127.255 Super Computer Inc. SUPERCOMPUTERINC8 (NET-66-197-111-0-1) 66.197.111.0 - 66.197.111.255

Marquessa_De_Sade ( ) posted Mon, 22 March 2004 at 5:01 AM

what I am wondering is why DE felt the need to apologize. She is right. If you didn't have the common sense to check and make sure the material was okay to use, then you are at fault. If the subject hit to close to home too bad. DE you shouldn't of backed down. you were right.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.