Sat, Jul 6, 1:11 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 06 10:46 am)

Subject: Poserworld.com - Any Good?

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:01 AM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 9:14 PM

Poserworld.com. I want to see what it sells for Poser but I cant view the catalogue without paying. There are a few low res renders of "this weeks update" but no product information. Is this a real website with content or some kind of con trick? I figured it was a con as if they actually had good content they would let you at least view it before buying it... kind of like the Daz platinum club. Assuming powerworld is a real site, what's the qualitry of the items like? Should I join?

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:05 AM

This is one of THE BEST DEALS IN THE POSER UNIVERSE!!! They give away free stuff as well, but, as you'll soon see, they are held in the highest regard by most Poser folk, and with good reason. You can buy memberships in all variety of lengths and download to your heart's content while it is active. Larry F (Poserworld lifer) PS: steveshanks - Mr. Poserworld - frequents this place quite often. Ask him.

Redfern ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:07 AM

Be prepared for a ton of "oh, yes!" and "definitely, a great deal!" replies. I recently bought a year's subscription when it was 15 bucks off. I do not regret my decision! Sincerely, Bill

Tempt the Hand of Fate and it'll give you the "finger"!

HalfEsperLaura ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:37 AM

Actually, you can see previews of the subscription content---Toward the lower right of their homepage, you'll see "Subscription Site Updates by Page Number", followed by linked numbers from 1 to (as of this writing) 115. Click on those numbers, and you'll see previews. Definitely a good deal, I think! Especially since you're completely allowed to sign up for just one month and DL everything on the site---lots of scene-sets, over 100 clothing items, and over 40 pages (4 dls/page) of props! (Having gotten into this hobby recently, I sometimes have trouble tearing myself away from DLing stuff to even do my art---PoserWorld is one good reason why! ^_^)

Schurby ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:10 AM

Been there since the start. The quality of the product is the best. I've got only 33 days left on my Poserstyle subscription and will not be signing up again. But with Poserworld besides getting a discount I received a free CD loaded with materials.

Schurby

jonfe ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:17 AM

To be perfectly honest with you, I doubt that you will EVER come across any better poser-related deal than PoserWorld. PERIOD. Steve Shanks modeling is top-notch and the same can be said for the textures (previously handled by RenaPD and currently by Lyrra Madril - both great texture artists). Jon

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:17 AM

Thanks for the replies. However that still leaves the main question unanswered: What sort of stuff does Poserworld have? I can't justify signing up until I know what they have... I'm looking for hair, clothing and texture maps for Stephanie 3. I can't tell from the low res preview files what characters the clothing items are for, whether they come with morphs, tex maps, etc etc ...

Larry F ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:21 AM

http://www.poserworld.com/subpreviews2004/subspreview115.asp

jonfe ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:36 AM

At the time, there seems to be around 11-12 clothing sets for SP3 alone, out of nearly 80 sets for DAZ 3rd generation female figures. Considering that SP3 is a relatively new figure that number is not bad at all. Head over the Product Showcase forum here, search for 'shanks' and read these topics, for a preview of PW latest offers. Definetely not a con. Jon

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:48 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Attached Link: http://freespace.virgin.net/poser.world/Poserworld%20Index.pdf

file_112400.jpg

I'll be honest SD i hate doing HTML, the time it takes to to all that fancy stuff IMHO is better spent making a new model :o).......But you have a good point and it has been noticed that folks want more info so with that in mind Lyrra has created a PDF file that lists all the content, you can download via the link here, i would right click and save target as though coz its 3.5 mb, the images aren't big mind as we had to keep the file size down but at least you can see whats what....And while i'm announcing new things i can tell you that every new item from now on WILL be made for all the mil figures, so if David gets a suit so will Mike 1, 2 and 3.....heres Steph wearing not a lot as will the vickys :o)......Steve

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 7:57 AM

Best money I've EVER spent....It's an incredible deal :)

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:24 AM

I am interested but have not taken the plunge in part because of concern about whether there is a search capability on the site... it is wonderfull that there is so much stuff but I have such an awefull slow connect... will I be able to find what I am looking for? is there any sort of organization or search capasity to the site?

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:35 AM

momodot: There is a search feature, fast too!!

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:39 AM

i just joined up for this month as a first timer!! and i would say since i was wanting stuff for the older models i'm getting more than my moneys worth!! netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Grey_Tower ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:39 AM

Steve Shanks said: "it has been noticed that folks want more info so with that in mind Lyrra has created a PDF file that lists all the content, you can download via the link here

One of the best reason's to subscribe, Steve listens and responds to his customers needs...you can't beat that kind of service. PoserWorld is the most customer oriented site in existence, bar none (not even DAZ).

There is more than enough content for every level of Poser User. Things you find there you can't find anywhere else. A PoserWorld subscription is the best value in the Poser Universe!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 8:56 AM

They have a wonderful membership and their work is exceptional. Never a bad buy here. Sharen

shazz501 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 9:19 AM

add another happy camper to the list,i had a 3 month subscription to start with,now i'm a lifer,best poser money ever spent!!!!!

Indoda ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 9:27 AM

Well worth the money. Great site, great models, great guy Steve Shanks, great texture maker Lyrra, great business manager? Alan. All in all a great experience. I can't think of one reason why you'd regret joining. Indoda

The important thing is not to stop questioning.
- Albert Einstein

Indoda

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 9:29 AM

I held out for a long time, partially because I wasn't sure the content was stuff I would use. Finally, I bought myself a lifetime membership with my Christmas money. It's a great deal. Several new items come out every week. Lots of contemporary clothes - it's probably the best source there is for those - but also SF, fantasy, historical, etc. Also props and other fun stuff. (I think I saw Starsky & Hutch's car there last week.)

What I like the most is that they support all the DAZ characters (including the kids), and the clothes generally come with morphs. So many pricey clothing packages have no morphs in them, which really reduces their appeal, as far as I'm concerned.

RossoMan ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:05 AM

After reading several forum posts about PoserWorld, I came to the conclusion that several persons swithed to a lifetime subscription after being a member for 3, 6 or even 12 months. At the end of april there was a Special Celebration Coupon...so I bought a lifetime subscription, and I received the CD's with all previous content (before 2004). This IS indeed a great deal! And don't forget that ALL Millenium Figures are supported. This is indeed an EXCELLENT deal.

Byrdie ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:14 AM

Thanks for the catalog, been trying to decide which is the better buy, PC club, Poserstyle or this (I can only afford one right now) Very impressed with what I've seen so far, I've a feeling I'll be subscribing soon.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:39 AM

Steve Shanks said: "it has been noticed that folks want more info so with that in mind Lyrra has created a PDF file that lists all the content, you can download via the link here" I looked all over the site and can't find this... can someone help me?

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:44 AM · edited Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:46 AM

Worth the money just for the sets. (buildings, room interiors etc...) Plus you can even make requests if you need something real bad. (When I first signed up I got my request for realistic nurse and waitress uniforms) (Tho poor Steve is pretty swamped already) I started with a 6 month sub and then got a lifetime. Just save yourself some money and get the lifetime sub... It's more than worth the cost just for the content that's already there.

The best things about PW IMO:

Supports Daz figures better than Daz. If you have bought any of the newer Mill figures and you want em to have clothes other than elf getups and such... you MUST get Poserworld.

Sets, vehicles and other odd things.

Just a really good deal.

Minor gripes:

I wish they would update the older files to unzip to the proper folders.

Sometimes the mapping on some clothing items seems a bit less than ideal, but hey with the volume they put out...

DO IT!!!!!!!!!

Message edited on: 06/10/2004 10:46

shazz501 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:49 AM

Berserga i think you'll find Lyrra is going through the files and updating the older ones,she already did the p4 male section :D

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 11:14 AM

Momodot, the link to the catalog is in Steve's post. Right on THIS page, in post #10.

Caly ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 11:24 AM

Well worth it. :)

Calypso Dreams... My Art- http://www.calypso-dreams.com

Renderosity Gallery

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 12:12 PM

Cool :D Now I might actually use more of that older stuff

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 12:13 PM

Well worth the money.... Now if we can only sweet talk Steve and Lyrra into supporting the distaff kiddies like Koshini, Natalia and Dina (who =really= need some support), and maybe Neftoon Gal..... Hey, I can hope.... ;P

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 12:41 PM

Not a good site not a good subscription It's a GREAT site and a GREAT subscription! You will not regret it if you sign up. I agree Dale, we need to get them to support Natalia and Dina....at least Natalia! Marque

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 12:52 PM

That fact that Steve has started making clothing for David is tempting me to break my resolution not to buy any more figures this year... and that says a lot. I will be buying the lifetime subscription as soon as I have the money to do so, but in the meantime, if you want to test it out, get a 3 month sub and check out the quality. It really is the best value site out there.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Strixowl ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 12:56 PM

Agree with ALL the positive things said above. Would like to add that the customer service (if needed)is second to none. Awhile back I had some problems with a few downloads (long story)and Steve worked personaly and diligently with me to be sure I got my products. You won't be disappointed & Lyrra's textures are superb.

genny ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 1:08 PM

One of the best deals around, I have never regretted one penny of the money I spent to join. I signed up the first time for "One year"........after that....I went for the lifetime subscription. I knew after that year had passed, I would just sign up again...so in the long run..I truly was saving money. Steve is the greatest, and has and will make things on occasion when someone is asking for a particular item. Anyone who has Poser, would be "crazy" not to join...there is something, for "All" the character's, and more comming all the time. (:

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 1:27 PM

This seems great esp. since I really don't intend to uprgrade from Possette, Dork, V2, PTVick, and M2.

Lyrra ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 1:47 PM

I only just finished the Index this week, so I don't think we've made a sitelink for it yet. That was an awful lot of work, but needed. Man but there's all sorts of weird stuff in there! The PDF is sorted by figure (for clothing) and by category for props. So you can look in the Index, then use the search and hopefully find what you're looking for faster. I certainly found some things I'd forgotten about :) I'm going to update the index about once a month (hopefully). Its a whopping document, 80 pages, so it takes a while to distill to PDF. And yes, the pictures turn into Seurat, nothing to be done about it. If you need crisper pictures email me and I can make a less compressed file and send it, but its going to be about 20 megs. I am indeed repacking all the older content to make them easy install. I'm also adding MAT files for anything with multiple textures, and fixing cr2's so they have 'proper' texture references. Right now I'm concentrating on the web content, and I'll get to the CD archives someday. Poser4male (dork) is repacked, and I'm fixing one last file on the Poser4Female (posette) clothing items. As for customer support .. well we do our best. There's a forum, mailing list and fairly soon there will be a chat. as many of you guys know I like to hang out in chat while I'm working, so I figure its time I got one of my own :) We would like to support some of the lesser known figures, but we have demand, we have time issues and we don't have some of them. Steve just got his hands on Dina, I only just got Steph3 and the Milhorse. Frankly, there's the two of us and a To Do list as long as my arm .. that we keep adding stuff onto lol If DAZ would slow down a little we might catch up faster :) Is PoserWorld a good value? well ... if all you make are pinups with minimal clothing, then maybe no. If you make mostly landscapes, than probably no. Fetish scenes? ah ...no, definately not. But if you want modern clothes, modern interiors, accurate historical clothing, modern props, fantasy clothing that seems plausible (no stickum bras, sorry) then probably yeah .. PoserWorld is good for you. If nothing else you'll get some great background props without having to mortgage your liver.

steveshanks ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 2:13 PM

Up on my message momodot, for the link i haven't posted it on the site yet i'm lagging behind :o)....We'll be putting stuff up for the cartoon/anime figures, not sure when yet (as Lyrra says the list is longgggggg LOL) and i already have Natalia and just got Dina, though i must add i'm a bit baffled why the makers haven't made more clothes for these two, i know i would.....but thats another thread...As for the future, the new stuff, we won't be doing a M3 specific or M2 specific item any more, a male item will fit all Mikes and David (1 texture to fit all) and the same for the Vickys and Steph 3...Theres more but why spoil the suprise, :o) Steve

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 2:24 PM

Poserworld is a superb deal. Not only do you get tons of outfits for the DAZ figures, there are scenes, props, vehicles, backgrounds, textures (and you have to see some of the recent textures to appreciate how good they are), characters, you name it. Another thing which makes it even better for me is that it's one of the few sites which has stuff which is obviously British, such as the Train compartment, the litter bin ("trash can" for you colonials ;) ) Even the mousehole has a UK electic socket and plug. As karen1573 said, I will be buying a lifetime subscription ASAP.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 2:40 PM

But have to say that as a big historical buff, Poserworld has done much more than anyone, including DAZ, in creating great, historically accurate characters and costumes. So much of Poser-Land is flooded with idiotic, weirdo stuff, but Poserworld has the kinds of costumes and support for good ol' M2 as well as M3, for my work as an illustrator. Poserworld has a great Cowboy, lots of military uniforms of various eras, Victorian Era, 20's era, 50's era, 60's era, 70's era, ETC, ETC. A real Gold Mine if you are into Poser as a professionally used application along with Photoshop. A tremendously valuable resource and I'm "re-upping" for a lifetime subscription.

spacedragon1234 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 3:27 PM

As the original thread starter I'll just like to say that I will now get a subscription. Thanks to all especially Steve Shanks.

hmatienzo ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 3:39 PM

"Be prepared for a ton of "oh, yes!" and "definitely, a great deal!" replies." Oh, YESSSSSS... GREAT DEAL!!!! evil grin But yes, run for it, don't go past GO! The products are great and reliable, and customer service is even better.

L'ultima fòrza è nella morte.

Letterworks ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 3:43 PM

I'm a proud Lifetime member and must say that Steve's models are some of the easiest to use around! Since Lyrra joined up the out put on the sight is almost too much to keep up with. My only complaint, if you want to call it that, is I'd like to see som clothes for the AnAn (improved Judy)and Maya doll figures, but I can understand that the user base vs. construction time probably isn't there. mike

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 4:23 PM

I gave up renewing my membership, bought the the life-time membership instead. Worth it? Ohh Yeah.

OneShot ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 4:49 PM

Wonderful deal. If you have a slow dial-up account than I'd buy the yearly CD which have the prior years worth of work. Anyway you'd look at it, it's totally worth the money!

lhiannan ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 5:13 PM

Best buy for your Money in all of Poserdom by FAR! Wonderful is too tame a word for this subscription.

SophiaDeer ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 5:47 PM

I agree. PoserWorld is phenomenal and I am delighted with the products very much. I highly recommend purchasing a subscription there. Warm Regards, Nancy

Nancy Deer With Horns
Deer With Horns Native American Indian Site

Dale B ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 6:22 PM

Steve; From what I've gathered from Dan and various other boards, DaCort has had to devote most of his time to work that brings a steadier income with it. I know that he's been wanting to make some new stuff (and has quite a bit of 'In Process' that he hasn't had the time to complete), but time pressures keep getting in the way. Don't suppose you have any Regency era clothing in the pipeline, perchance...? :)

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 10 June 2004 at 10:06 PM

Lyrra sez: "I am indeed repacking all the older content to make them easy install. I'm also adding MAT files for anything with multiple textures, and fixing cr2's so they have 'proper' texture references." YES!!!!!!!!!!!! ^_^

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 5:31 AM

This is one of those topics that repeats on this forum every few months, and every time there's a huge queue of satisfied Poserworld customers saying what a great deal it is. Because it is a great deal ...

macmullin ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 6:17 AM

Always the best

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 2:23 PM

Join now. PW is a lot better than the Platinum Club!!

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 2:37 PM

Lyrra's Index is really excellent. I see several items I never knew existed!!

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 11 June 2004 at 7:01 PM

Count me in as a very very happy lifetime member. Lyrra thank you so much for the list! I see things I forgot I had, will be a very handy quick reference for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.