Tue, Oct 22, 4:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Need an apron and chef hat

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 12:48 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:57 AM

Hi. I need an apron and a chef hat like this:

cocinero%20copy.jpg

Can you help me?I need it for V2 or V3

Thanks.-

Message edited on: 08/25/2004 12:49

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 1:35 PM

Attached Link: https://home.comcast.net/~jhe1024/ChefHat.obj

I did a quick check of the usual suspects (DAZ, RDNA, TurboSquid, 3D Cafe, and Terra Incognita) and I couldn't find anything. I'm attaching a link to a chef's hat I just now whomped up in Wings 3D... I don't have a copy of Poser on this computer, so I can't check to see how it imports, but it ought to work okay, as long as the polygon smoothing doesn't warp it out of shape. I don't have the tools here to turn it into a prop file, but you should be able to import it okay. I expect a simple white texture with little or no highlighting will look okay with it.

If it's close but not quite, please let me know and I'll see if I can't fix it up some more.

HTH,
Jack

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 1:50 PM

No problem, I hope to work well with it resizing and texturing Thanks, Rafa.-

CASETTE
=======

cooler ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 2:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net

PhilC has/had a chef hat & apron in his archived freebies

Elsina ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 2:44 PM

file_124750.jpg

Poserworld (subscription site) has this one for Mike 2 with morphs.

My gallery @ Renderosity

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 25 August 2004 at 10:04 PM

eh..I tried..but wrinkles didn't come out quite right..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Dizzie ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 12:16 AM

file_124751.jpg

Jack, it seems to have a band across the bottom when rendering...:>)

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 6:23 AM

file_124753.jpg

>> Jack, it seems to have a band across the >> bottom when rendering...:>)

Yeah, it looks even worse on my machine,as shown. Just to test it, I imported the model into POV-Ray, and it seems to render okay, except for the too-well-defined edges in the band. I modeled the band at the bottom with hard edges, so the vertext normals make it look odd in POV.

I intruded the base of the hat inside, to make it hollow, and I suspect that that's part of the problem. I'd bet that Poser is getting some of those polygons to show. I'll see about modelling a different one without the interior polygons and see if that makes a difference.

Jack

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 7:32 PM

Attached Link: https://home.comcast.net/~jhe1024/ChefHat2.obj

file_124754.jpg

Okay, this one is a little better, anyway, but it's still not great. Guess I've got a lot more to learn about modelling for Poser. :)

I set the diffuse color to white and diffuse value to 1.000, specular value to 0.000, ambient color to white, and ambient value to 0.500, FWIW.

Jack

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 10:51 PM

Thanks a lot ;)

CASETTE
=======

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 August 2004 at 10:57 PM ยท edited Thu, 26 August 2004 at 10:57 PM

You're quite welcome, hope it's useful. :)

Message edited on: 08/26/2004 22:57

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.