Sun, Sep 22, 2:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Need Help with COnforming Clothes

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 10:19 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:42 AM

What Im trying to do is make a helmet conform to the poser male.I know that I can make it a smart prop and parent it to the head. Iam just practing in making conforming objects. THe prob Iam having is this. 1 when I edit the joint parms, the helmet doesn't want to follow the position of the figure that it is to conform to. See the attached Picks. Phil C if you can help me I would really appreciate it.By the way its your fault that iam having so much trouble. I love your stuff and decided I need to learn your tricks.

Icee ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 10:26 PM

file_140844.jpg

This is what I see

JeffH ( ) posted Thu, 04 January 2001 at 11:49 PM

I have never been able to make a Helmet conform to a figure. It's better to treat the helmet as a hair prop or a Parented figure.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 5:41 AM

I stand guilty as charged :) When you bring the helmet into the Poser workspace with no boxes checked in the import options, it must arrive in the correct position. That is it must align to the figure's object file, not the figure as it loads from the library. Then using the Joint Editing Window set its center and end points to match the figure's head. philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

Parts ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 9:40 AM

Ahhh I see. How do I do this ? When I bring in the helmet it is in the position it is now. How do I brin it in so it sits in the correct spot?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 9:54 AM

When I model I bring a copy of the figure (zero pose, zero position) into the modeling program and create my work around that. In this way I know it will line up when I import it into Poser.
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JeffH ( ) posted Fri, 05 January 2001 at 12:07 PM

No matter what position the helmet is to the base OBJ, if the conforming function is used it flips upside down to the floor. If you look at the conforming curls in Poser4 the CR2 contains an extra conforming command and very unusual JPs. They really had to work hard to get that to conform. Phil, are you saying that you have been able to get head objects to conform under the conforming function? If so, please let us in on your secrets ;-) -JH.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2001 at 1:04 PM

file_140845.jpg

I made a conforming helmet this morning, works fine, this is how I did it: Made the helmet in Max, fitted it on the dork's head (so it is automatically the right size and the right place). Attached all the various parts to the shell, named that group "head" in Max, exported it 1:1 as a object file called helmet.obj Because there are no suitable existing clothing items that I could steal the CR2 from I used the P4NudeMan CR2, took it in CR2 editor, deleted all the various body parts except the BODY, neck and head (I like to start out one part below the actual mesh), linked and parented the BODY to the neck (instead of the hip, which is now gone), removed the unnessary channels for the hrad (all the head dials), removed the unnessare materials, removed all the weld and IK lines. Oh, and I pointed the CR2 to the helmet object file. I then open the helmut in Poser and set the helmuet to non-bending. It worked perfectly the first time. I've never seen anybody else mention making CR2s from the figure for clothing, but I've done it several time now, it isn't that hard. If I get enough people begging me, I'll put the helmet in Free-Stuff, otherwise is is going with my first collection for Michael, which is in the planning stage now. ;)

JeffH ( ) posted Sat, 06 January 2001 at 3:30 PM

I did basically the same thing with a helmet I had and it toppled to the floor. I think the only difference is that I didn't delete the welds for the head and neck. One other thing I did though was to remove the deforming channels from the CR2 in place of turning the bend property off. That shouldn't have had an effect on the conforming, I've done it before. I'll start fresh and see if I can get it to work by removing the welds as well.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 07 January 2001 at 9:48 AM

JeffH- Make sure you get both places the parent is mentioned- the first is in the second listing for the part (neck in my case), the second is under figure at the bottom.

Icee ( ) posted Mon, 08 January 2001 at 10:54 PM

Hey jim could I get you to make me a mini tut with pics. Still having probs.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 1:14 PM

Icee- Problems with the CR2 part or the modeling part?

Icee ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 10:40 PM

Man I must dummer than dirt. Did everything you said and still don't work. I don't know what Im doing wrong. I don't have the uneck but I do have the neck. By the way why are your numbers in the cr2 different than mine. I get the object to appear in poser but when I click on it nothing happens. Everything is empty

Icee ( ) posted Tue, 09 January 2001 at 10:41 PM

the cr2 part

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 10 January 2001 at 7:30 AM

Hi Icee!- I guess you've seen my reply to the other thread by now, it should be a help with the CR2.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.