Thu, Sep 19, 6:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: O.T. Condolences to the people of Britain

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 3:26 PM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:48 PM

My heartfelt condolences to the people of Britain for their losses and injuries in this recent savage and cowardly act of mass murder and indiscriminate slaughter of the innocents. This act, like so many others that they have committed only serves to illustrate the malevolence and contempt this low-life segment of the world holds for a decent humanity. It is my hope that this criminal act shall not go unpunished. Quest

Rochr ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 3:45 PM

I second that! My condolences. Rudy

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Gog ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 4:23 PM

Being a Brit, I have the problem that on one hand I am selfish and breath a sigh of relief that neither friends or family have been injured in anyway (especially those that are in the Met police and fire brigade), but I also feel for those less fortunate. I hope that the perpetrators are caught and locked away for the rest of their lives.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

MoonGoat ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 4:36 PM

I heard about it this morning. Absolute sadness and gried felt for those affected.

Argon18 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 4:47 PM

Attached Link: Zero tolerance for Politics

It was a great tragedy that has has a lot of ppl outraged. I can sympathize with ones affected in London since I used those same stops on the subway when I was there. But apparently some in the forums can't discuss it since the thread about it got locked in short order at the hint of an argument of political views about the causes of the bombings. Warnings from the mods don't seem to make much difference and it was locked in a heartbeat to prevent too much heated exchange.

Click to get a printed and bound copy plus T-shirts, mugs and hats

ek-art ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:02 PM

My condolences and thoughts are with the British people too. I agree that political discussiond shouldn't take place here - but when tragedies like this occur, it's so difficult not to point your anger at someone.

Come join the Rendergods!

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:06 PM

I am right in line with the rest of you here.... My condolances to all those who have been affected by this tragedy. May God Bless you all through this.

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't.ย 

Aย whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

RodsArt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:14 PM

My condolences. Rod

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

tjohn ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:34 PM

My sympathy, thoughts and prayers to those who lost love ones in London today.

This is not my "second childhood". I'm not finished with the first one yet.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

"I'd like to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather....not screaming in terror like the passengers on his bus." - Jack Handy

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:50 PM

Also all our thoughts are with the UK in this time of great tragedy. Sharen and Mike

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:01 PM

My condolences, and hope all our British 3d graphics friends are OK.

Dann-O ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:17 PM

My sympathies to all who have lost a loved one or friend.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:55 PM
Forum Moderator

If I may, I would like to say a big thank you to all of the above on behalf of the British people. Your kind words mean so much to us. We're still reeling from the shock and I haven't heard from my brother or his wife who both live and work in London. My brother works on the Gatwick express - a shuttle service from London Victoria to Gatwick airport - He's not answered my answerphone message. And Jeanette, who works as a nurse in a London hospital. Both my wife and I have many other family members living in London, but there's little chance that they were in the affected areas - thank God. We daren't ring yet because they want to keep lines clear and of course we've been told not to go to London until things quiet down a bit. We were on such a high until we heard the news, because London had just been awarded the Olympic Games for 2012. Now, instead of partying we just want to catch the bad guys. On behalf of us Brits - Thank you!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:00 PM

Hoping the best for you & your family TheBryster. Hoping all the best for your family members. I post here since the "poser forum" thread was locked. But still wish the best for ALL our 3d graphic friends and their families living in England. Has there been anyone here(RO in general) not accountanted for? Please say no.

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:00 PM

I just hate you had to join 'club 911'. At least they'll have enough video footage from the ubiquitous cameras to maybe find them..

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

TheBryster ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:13 PM
Forum Moderator

Reality Check: I've just read the stuff on the Poser Forum and figure it's time to post an update on the facts as we know them... 33 dead 700 injured (That's from critical right down to cuts and bruises). 4 bombs - 3 in the subway and 1 in an London double-decker bus. The death toll could rise anytime soon... ..and I'm staying well away from the politics on this one... oh, and another of my brothers - I have 5 - is in the Metropolitan Police and I haven't heard from him either...

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Warblade ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:28 PM

Indeed a terriable tragedy. Thoughts and prayers gout out to all of england. Rod.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:28 PM

Bryster, we here in the US trying to keep abreast on this are hearing that there are 37 dead and over 700 injured. Please quantify. You have our sincerest warm wishes and sympathies. I was there on 9/11 and feel your dread. Argon, this is a showing of sympathy and support to our brethren and great Island Nation of Great Britain and not to be construed as a political discussion on the legitimacy of terrorist groups, to which there is no legitimacy. That can be discussed somewhere else but this thread is not opened to the political rhetoric as inane as Islamic jihad terrorism is. So if someones post to this thread is intended to politicize their views, and place blame, we already know who detonated the bombs this faithful day, theres nothing to discuss so please, be gone! Quest

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:10 PM

Of course, being who I am, I really must put in my two cents. It's a wonderful thing, all of this emotion that everyone is expressing over human pain and suffering. I can't say I feel any of it, but in an attempt to get you all to see a world view on things : 1,000,000+ dead in Iraq since 1992, at the hands of the US and the UN. Go cry somewhere else. And I hope I get this thread closed, all this blubbering is making me nauseous.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:26 PM

Well LSD, you are a fool. No one here is talking Iraq or any such thing, just you. And I have choice words but you dont even deserve them. You are an enablera usera dealer. Youre like a pimp of human emotions and have no qualms or scruples. Whats more, you dont have the slightest idea what it is youre talking about. Just shows how uninformed you are all tho you think you know it all. Ive got news for youyou dont! Go throw up on your own dime, go smoke your weedleave the rest of us to reality. Better yet, I have a rope you can barrow. Quest

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:56 PM

Such terrible news, my heart goes out to all who are affected by this tragedy.

rickymaveety ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:25 PM

Having loved London for many years (and the British in general for more years than I can count), I'm incredibly sorry that this type of destruction has visited that glorious country (and beautiful city) yet again.

Could be worse, could be raining.

sackrat ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:48 PM

My smypathy for all those affected in London. Greatest loss of life since the Blitz from what I understand. @LSD,...you really should stop relying on Al Jezeera as your only source of news.

"Any club that would have me as a member is probably not worth joining" -Groucho Marx

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:48 PM

Quest, your hate is much appreciated. And, like always, you give up all control of your emotions with such reactions. Mind control isn't my goal here, that would be too easy. I'm merely bringing into perspective that this was hardly a tragedy. What did you EXPECT to happen when you blew up hundreds of thousands of people in other countries, PEACE? So save the bleeding hearts for another era, there's no place in this world for such hypocrisy. And Quest, I love you and Bryster and the rest of the artists here just fine. Your hatred is misplaced, but keep at it. Hate heals. It's certainly worked towards our "enemies", right?

Sans2012 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:22 PM

Condolences, truly its hard to comprehend such an event living in Australia, we are so out of touch down here. But it still hits a chord in the hart to hear and see of such selfless acts of brutality. May all the people involved in this cowardly attack come to quick strict justice. PIECE!

I never intended to make art.

dashboard_jehovah ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:30 PM

LSD...you have succeeded again! As usual, you have turned a simple outpouring of sympathy into a festering postule! advice to Quest and others>>> ignore the zit, don't poke or prod it...eventually, it will go away!

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:31 PM

LSD you say to "Go cry somewhere else. And I hope I get this thread closed, all this blubbering is making me nauseous." I Say: Go throw up somewhere else and let those of us who are human express our care and concern. Go start your own thread devoid of feelings if thats how you feel, don't taint this one with your maliciousness. Don't try to say you love the artists here if you can't show respect for their feelings. Just My Two or three cents! Ang

Ang25 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:34 PM

Sorry dashboard, I get zits quite a lot being a woman and all and I tend to squeeze the pus out of them. Can't seem to leave them alone. My apologies if I'm just aggravating the issue.

Quest ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:34 PM

LOL...LSD...You're a twit!

haloedrain ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:35 PM

lordstormdragon: Tragedy is tragedy, no matter the size. To express condolences for one does not mean another is any less important. Love and sorrow can go in many places at once, and dividing love in half makes two halves that are just as great as the whole. There is no need to quantify as you are doing. And this is not about Iraq, or any of the other countless tragedies in the world that remain undocumented and unknown. My heart goes out to the people of London and of Britain--and to all people who suffer anywhere, of any cause.

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:39 PM

Just read about this terrible tragedy. My condolences to the families and prayers to all in England. -Helen

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:24 AM

Yeah, you're right... Haloe, you made me feel like a poo. I suppose feeling self-righteous about being numb to violence is quite counter to my true feelings, or perhaps escaping my disgust for violence in general... I apologize for any I may have offended in my rantings. And I hope youre family is okay, Bryster, sincerely.

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:43 AM

The deed will return threefold to those who did it, that's a fact. My condolences to those envolved....

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 2:23 AM

I am a Londoner, born and bred. Like Chris I haven't yet heard from all my friends and family who may have been in the area, but have heard from most. At a time like this I am proud to be a Londoner, and am proud of the British spirit that is coming through. I posted this poem in the locked thread in the poser forum, and I post it again here. This guy has really said it all, for all Londoners, whatever nationality, and lets face it London is a truly cosmopolitan city. London Pride You come to place your bags of hate On bus and train, you made us late Yet well be back again tomorrow Well carry on despite our sorrow Your bags of hate caused some to die Yet we stride out strong with heads held high Youll never win, we will not bow You cant defeat us, you dont know how This London which we love with pride Is a town where scum like you cant hide Dont worry we will hunt you down Then Lock you up in name of Crown Were London and were many races Just look youll see our stoic faces We all condemn your heinous act You will not win and thats a fact Well mourn our dead and shed a tear But we will not bow to acts of fear Youre out there somewhere all alone Theres nowhere now you can call home Olympics ours weve won the race Your timing then a real disgrace Our strength youll find remains unbowed Were London and were very proud. Author Chris Neal (A Londoner)

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developย  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

RobertJ ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 3:55 AM

"A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic." 37 dead would a just above average day in Iraq. What is so shocking to this all is that it is comming awfully close to our homes. I will offer my condolences to the families & friends, but that's about it.

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

darkness_02 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:04 AM

I couldn't believe it when I heard the news of all them people that had been hurt and killed... I just can't understand why people need to do this to overs... there not right in the head to go out and bomb people they don't even know is worge and I'd love for the people that did this to be find....

You imagination is your only limitation.

Check out Dark Design forย freebies for your own artwork.

Sitemailย -ย Dark Design

kawecki ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 5:30 AM

Two tragedies, one that touched the inocent people of London and the other tragedy is that we are not allowed to touch the politicians that caused all these and other tragedies all around the world. I've spoken too much, now you can lock this thread too, how someone dare to speak about the choosen ones by Job's God!

Stupidity also evolves!

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 8:13 AM
Forum Moderator

Well I got some good news this morning (Fri) My brother rang to say thathe and his wife are just fine and that he had been working the night run which is why he hadn't been able to return my call....... Again thanks for those of you who sent their kind thoughts. 50 dead and expected to rise. Not all the bodies have been recovered yet.

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 9:08 AM

Good news there Chris. I just received a message from my younger brother, so now I know that him and his family are OK, so all my family is now accounted for.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developย  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:57 PM
Forum Moderator

My prayers and condolences go out to the people of Britain, especially the families immediately effected by the attack. @ LSD: I love you man, and I understand your anger at the coalition, but you need to show more compassion towards the innocent. Sure innocent Iraqis have suffered in the war, and it is GOOD to feel compassion for them, and want to do something for them. Laughing and showing contempt for the Londoners injured and dead is doing NOTHING to help the Iraqis. The Londoners injured in the attack are surely as innocent as the Iraqis who are killed and injured in attacks by the coalition. Surely you can feel compassion for all innocent peoples and not just Iraqi innocent people.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

marcfx ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:58 PM

From an Englander's view, All this bombing, murdering is just a part of the whole religious problem. I'm affraid that over the past 4,000 years or so, it has been used to cause murder and vengance to every country in the world. I'm a firm believer that we are not alone in the universe BUT, I'm not a believer of us being made by one God, being or other religious thing. So all this hatred could stop by excepting no religion and believing in oneself. This will hurt many people around this forum and around the world, but, you must agree that religion is the prime instigator of all wars. @ JSD. You have every right to view your opinion but please dont blame certain countries or union forces for atrocities. Your facts are wrong and if i may adjust your numbers you should have added Iraq killings of own people to 2,000,000 since a certain leader took control some 30 odd years ago. Almost worse than Pol Pot I dont want to start a new forum on this or a religious theme as this is an art forum but please be aware of your feelings for others who are innocent of any religion or violence of any kind. Lets just hope that these murderous leaders are caught and dealt with, and maybe the Olympic games can heal some hearts in years to come. Let art be the voice of all and not bombs and bullets. Marc.

Smile, your dead a long time :)

ysvry ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 11:26 PM

certain leader , that was hold in place by the cia ,are those files publicly already?, during the iran iraq war sadam was seen as an ally. My sorrow goes too the londoners and the iraqis, in war its allways the commoner that suffers most. did al qaida already confirm they were behind the bombing? It doesnt make sence as the british were going to leave irak soon werent they?

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

zakalwe ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 5:51 AM

Difficult topic this: condolences to all innocent people of this damned globalized war.
But who is innocent? Sometimes, when I draw with Bryce, I think I could use my time to help who wants italian troops go home (italian troops? Yes, it sonds ludicrous), or when I drive a pertol-engine car, I think I should work to get an alternative fuel-engine car, and so on.
Then, although I try to go by bike by ever weather condition and try buy sustainable goods (you know: think globally, act locally), I feel not innocent, because sometimes, when I'm tired or simply lazy I don't care. It's a luxury that's not for everybody.
So these were my 2 cents.

/matteo

RobertJ ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 6:15 AM

Zakalwe is wise

Robert van der Veeke Basugasubasubasu Basugasubakuhaku Gasubakuhakuhaku!! "Better is the enemy of good enough." Dr. Mikoyan of the Mikoyan Gurevich Design Bureau.

kawecki ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 11:21 AM

There is nothing wrong with petrol, there is nothing wrong to have or to drive a car, there is nothing wrong to have money. The problem is how some people get the oil or money!

Stupidity also evolves!

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 11:19 PM

Obviously some people here are thick headed and dense, to put it mildly, or are just down right rude and disrespectful for the hell of it. To use the barbaric and brutal slaughter of innocent people as a political soapbox to try and convince others of their rhetorical gibberish is a pathetic display of desperation. If it werent for the seriousness of the situation it would be almost laughable. Believe me when I tell you that you convince no one. Instead, you merely show your ignorance smothered in callousness and insensitivity. You cant even allow for the expression of compassion without mutilating and misrepresenting the attempt. No one is forced to post to this thread. The objective of this thread was to express condolences and share sympathy for those affected by this criminal tragedy, not for the posting of your political views. There are many web blogs on the Internet that would satisfy your obsessive itch to rant political rhetorical nonsense to your hearts content with both pros and cons.

Redfeather ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 11:09 AM

Quest, I had no such intent. But deleted the post so as not to offend anyone else. I tend to get long winded and have some trouble putting thoughts to script and as a result I tend to come across in a manner I did not intend. Though I had not thought I was on a soap box or getting at all political I can see how it could have been takin as such. To anyone I offended I am extremly sorry.

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 5:21 PM

Well, as a pimp of emotions and a whore of every sort, I have to disagree, Quest. Nobody cares about YOUR bleeding heart, your recycled emotions that you don't really feel at all but overstate in an attempt to win the hearts of other bloody hearts to gain attention. You don't express any real compassion, because if you understood empathy and compassion then truly you would be able to translate it into other mediums and along other paths as well. And the reason I stated "nobody cares" (even though I'm certain someone cares) is to point out how completely inane your "you convince no one" arguments are. You obviously let yourself be convinced that you should feel something. Shield your emotions, they are easily controlled and accessed by anyone : the media, me, Red, and prettymuch any random force of propoganda. To sit and insult myself and Redfeather, after pretending you care about people who've died that you NEVER KNEW, is just plain hypocrisy. Me? Callous? Insensitive? Of course I am. I take no insult in that, at least I'm not hiding behind some shield of decency just to fit in with the rest of the hypocritical, teeming masses. Hell, more people die every day in my city than have in this incident. I certainly am NOT promoting useless death, innocent bystanders being used as tools for those damn terrorists OR for the huge transnats that fund them (including the country I live in, whose single largest export is WEAPONS). I don't want anyone to die violently and in massive pain and gore. And were they close enough for me to help, I would be out doing so. But for you to say that WE turned this into a political thread? That's poppycock. The entire thread is political, fronted under the guise of compassion. If this thread were truly about compassion and understanding, then it would be universal, and also pertain to those of us with differing opinions. IF you were truly a compassionate individual, why can't you find any compassion for people you DO know and have known for years? But, Quest, like I previously stated : hate heals. Keep up the good work. But one thing you really need to work on is your insults. They aren't even up to chatroom levels yet. I suggest Seattle : 2 on Yahoo, the center of text-based pain in this Universe. Practice makes perfect.

Ardiva ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:28 PM

Me? Callous? Insensitive? Of course I am. I take no insult in that, at least I'm not hiding behind some shield of decency just to fit in with the rest of the hypocritical, teeming masses.<< --------------------- LSD...I'm really sorry you feel this way and are proud of it. sigh

Ang25 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:40 PM

I tend to disagree with you LSD, just because you have no feelings for total strangers doesn't mean that others do not. I do feel empathy, for those I know and those I don't. I do feel empathy for humans and non-humans. Just because you don't doesn't mean that others do not. I am willing to believe you when you admit to not having feelings, although I can't fathom it, So guess what, that means that people can be different from you and I am so thankful for that. For whatever reason, there exist people like you. sigh

Quest ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:35 PM ยท edited Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:42 PM

Redfeather, my last post was not directed at you specifically, I was referring to you in my statement in the plural sense. I didnt find your post offensive but there are others here who demonstrate little or no consideration in their posting. They automatically take the opportunity to inject their political agenda and propaganda, which no one really cares about, as if they have something to prove. It is unfortunate that this type of moronic behavior seems to be becoming more pervasive here in this forum. These characters always think they know better than the rest of us and when someone differs with their opinion, they curl their lips like wild hyenas and come at you with bullsh*t jingoistic rhetoric. Its ashame that such an element into this forum is driving others away. This behavior is a complete turn-off and from the IMs that Ive been receiving some of our older, longtime established artist members of this forum are becoming less inclined to post here as a result and some are even considering looking to move on to other sites.

LSD, you couldnt find your own ass with a map much less know anything about anything. As is obvious from your postings you are one pathetic, miserable individual without a shred of decency. Only thing you care about is you. Things will only matter to you when you or someone close to you are directly affected by it. Otherwise, its someone elses problem and theyre the bleeding hearts because they are the ones caught in the tragedy. But you always contradict yourself: Me? Callous? Insensitive? Of course I am prior:I suppose feeling self-righteous about being numb to violence is quite counter to my true feelings, funny how you manage to do that all the time. You try to diminish the tragedies of others by quantifying numbers. If the tragedies affected you, the numbers would then mean nothing.

Me? Shield my emotions from what, the likes of pariahs like you? You ARE silly! At least I embrace my emotions and dont hide from them like you do. You just couldnt keep your nonsensical blabber to yourself, so it is obvious that you felt compelled and needed to purge yourself yet once again, so whos controlling whom? Youre a joke!

Having been caught in the 9/11 atrocity myself, having witnessed first hand that slaughter of innocents, having lost a family member there, having lost 26 coworkers there, believe me when I tell you that I know what compassion is. I dont need the likes of you or people like you to try and convince me that I cant sympathize with others who have shared similar tragedies at the hands of barbarism.

Message edited on: 07/10/2005 19:42

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.