Thu, Oct 3, 1:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What's the scoop with Terai Yuki?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 12:41 PM · edited Thu, 03 October 2024 at 1:19 AM

It said "Available Tomorrow", yesterday, in line with the release date of 8/12 that was stated here. It still says "Available Tomorrow", which is today, which (btw) was yesterday in Japan. So, if 'today' is 'tomorrow' and 'yesterday', has it not already not been unreleased not yet. ;0)

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:20 PM
Site Admin

If it's tomorrow in Japan then people over there think we're doing what we're doing today yesterday... (I swiped that from a 1963 issue of Mad)

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 1:52 PM

no no in japan yesterday is today, which the page said today which ment tomorrow which is today, but tomorrow for us and yesterday for Japan. A freind once called me from the future when he was in China on a business trip. That was weird. Soon, maybe a bit late, but better late than never. shrug I have no clue when this is coming out, I'm still waiting on Shade 8 US announcements and details.

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 2:59 PM

We have more details up on Shade 8 on Shader's Cafe. A new press release was put out yesterday :) - Noel

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 3:14 PM

Is that yesterday yesterday, today yesterday, or tomorrow yesterday? I guess were speaking in future imperfect past tense...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 4:15 PM

Eh!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 4:38 PM

She is available now!! that's yesterday in Japan and today in the u.s

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 4:49 PM

now in Japan, or tomorrow here? or are all our tomorrows yesterdays?..;)
I hate Temporal Physics
-Janeway
..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 4:59 PM

WOW...! She makes the BEST invisible woman I have EVER seen..! Just had 2 x e-mails from CP announcing her arrival and... they are both completely blank. I don't know who does CP's weekly e-mails to subscribers, but... they need sacking! Hardly a week goes by without getting either countless e-mails (all the same) from them, or... totally screwed up e-mails.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:08 PM

Shes there I just bought her ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:17 PM

I don't know what's up, ziggie, but my CP email was just fine. If you are already certain that your email app is allowing HTML content, then there must be some sort of flub in their subscription emailer. There may also be subscription settings, but unsure. Check those too, if there are any! :)

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:17 PM

I'm about to buy, noticed a code for 5% off entire cart purchase, in News letter. So, pokeydots, going to share an image and a thought about her or what.

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:19 PM

Just un zipped her going to have a look right now ;o)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:21 PM

Furgot to add: thefixer and pakled - ;0) Have a great weekend, um, if you haven't already (?).

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:23 PM

efrontier newletter sent today has a discount code to get 5% off total order if you order before monday. Thought I would pass that on. That is today today right now, not future or past, okay maybe future applies, but damn this is getting complicated to keep track of so I'm going to live in the present, but now it could be a presant cause ya get a gift. bangs head against wall (runs off to look at product page at CP)

ziggie ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:25 PM

kuroyume0161: everything ok my end settings wise... just got e-mail flyer from DAZ3D no prob. Usually get e-mails from CP okay... just multiple... multiple copies... like 6-7 at a time. Not to worry... at least I know Terai Yuki is there now :-)

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:29 PM

file_282727.jpg

Here is a P6 render of her head, shes very cute, not a lot of morphs though, but I'm sure someone will make somefor her!

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:30 PM

file_282730.jpg

Here is with the P4 renderer in P6 I used smooth polygons in both renders but her head isn't as smooth with the P4 render

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:37 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_282732.jpg

Here's the body

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:40 PM

That shows why an upgrade to P6 is worth it. I don't think the P4 render uses the smothing or many of the extra options the Firefly uses. Side note, discount code doesn't work. Said there is one but it's not available for that product or has been disabled. You would think that a code given for a new product would work for that product. I thought wrong.

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:43 PM

she's very low poly. should be a boon for animators :) At the current resolution it will be difficult to create the quality and range of morphs that are available for other figures, such as the DAZ ones. If they did a higher res version with a few more thousand in the body and double the head - I'd be more interested. :) I'd drop a suggestion but frankly, I'm an annoyance lately.

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 5:49 PM

file_282733.jpg

Here she is dressed with everything that comes with her including hair.

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:00 PM

Gotta agree with ya Joe. Maybe I should bother them instead ;)

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:19 PM

Sure go right ahead - they haven't replied to may last email yet :D Now, I did a head pack for Jessi, but this figure is way smaller in polycount. Maybe less than Victoria (1) Low Res?

karanta ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:21 PM

Does she bend well? She looks cute :)

My Renderosity Store

Torulf ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:30 PM

Netherworks wrote she's very low poly. should be a boon for animators :) Sounds good for me. But in what sense are low poly better for animation? I have made a charter for my movie from Aiko3 but maybe this charter is better?

TG

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:38 PM

"Low-poly" is better for game designers, if not animators. But this figure is probably too "high-poly" for game designers.

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:46 PM

Well, multiple figure scenes for one and generally if you are rendering multiple frames, the less polygons the better. Wouldn't ya think? I'm not an animator, per se, but I've done illustrative movies for product movement "peeks" and I've had a 40 frame light animation take 25 minutes to render. One figure head, just hair. With DIVX encoding, mind you. So, you just let me know if I'm off the mark here ;)

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 6:53 PM

I don't feel this figure, as is, in a low poly state will be a good pick for stills renders - especially close-up. With Sub-Division type smoothing or not. From pokeydot's head renders but also evident in the product images as Content Paradise, the upper eyelids look chiseled from the low amount of polygons and some of the dark areas on the ears are very dark from the way light bounces off of a low-polygon .obj. With the smoothing and the low poly any detailed, small morph adjustments are going to be smoothed out and barely noticable - if noticable at all. Sure, things like Fat Cheeks or Big Skull will be noticable. :)

MachineClaw ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 7:10 PM

Low poly?! gewd damn I think the SIMS models have more geometry. default she's nice, but I doubt anybody could morph this babe. big pass. thanks for the heads up now I can move on.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 8:14 PM

Before I buy any figures from the eF/CL side of things, I need to know if she's got millenium-style rigging or not.

DaveK ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 9:42 PM

How Cool!! And how generous!

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 11:05 PM

Think I'll pass too. Marque

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Fri, 12 August 2005 at 11:22 PM

"But in what sense are low poly better for animation? I have made a charter for my movie from Aiko3 but maybe this charter is better?" Lower poly figures can be beneficial to animators, because they're usually easier to manipulate in the viewport when you have lots of objects in a scene (minor issue), and they tend to render faster (more serious issue). If a lower poly figure can even save you 2 seconds per frame, and you're rendering 10,000+ frames, then you have saved yourself some real overhead. This can be extremely important if you're on a deadline. In an application like Poser, where there is no network rendering option, I'd always look to cut down on geometry any way possible to get optimum performance.

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:02 AM

What an adorable figure. Very cute. The expression is so charming. Very nice mesh and polygon flow. Smart layout. Kudos!

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:22 AM

What is "millenium-style rigging" ?? --Rebekah--

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 2:54 AM

file_282737.jpg

Now I can't wait for Wardrobe Wizard to support her! Her wardrobe is quite empty and I'm not too good at making clothes fit. ;o( Here she is, wearing NeilP's Sara Ballgown textured by me and Maya Robyn Hair.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

blaufeld ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 3:08 AM

Thanks no. It seems cute at first, but so much limited that she doesn't have 1/100th versatility than Aiko3... I'll pass.

karanta ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 4:33 AM

I could not resist ;) She`s so cute... Just bought her and used the discount code without problems :)

My Renderosity Store

karanta ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 4:35 AM

When I have a bit free time, Ill make some free textures for her clothes and will post them in my freestuff :)

My Renderosity Store

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 5:28 AM

" What is "millenium-style rigging" ??" Is the mesh divided like the millenium figures?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 5:35 AM

Mesh is cut like Possette. So all your old Possette poses work quite well.

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 7:13 AM

That's what she looks like to me, a dolled-up posette. Marque

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:32 AM

Thanks beryld. Looks like I'll have to pass on this one. Who wants to place bets on whether Miki and Koji are going to be the same way?

Wolfkazzy ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:40 AM

France, she's cute! After Phil's announcement that he is going to include her in Wardrobe Wizard, I'm going to get her...just hopped over here to look at renders of her :) Thanks! Kathy

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:45 AM

I think she's cute. I may end up using her mainly for animations or as a background figure, but I think I'll get her. Especially since PhilC has bought her!

Francemi ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 9:07 AM

I'm so happy that Phil will add Yuki to the list of supported models in Wardrobe Wizard! Now I'll be able to dress her the way I like without problems. ;o) I think it was very thoughtful of him to tell us now that she's going to be supported real soon. This way, people can buy her while she's on sale (till Monday). France

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

sixus1 ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:28 PM

Regarding "millenium-style rigging" So what is the difference ? A buttock group ? What else ? I am curious. --Rebekah--

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:39 PM

A similar polygon count to the P3 female, which has an identical head to Posette. This could be a good figure to hang clothes on, but unless somebody has been quite careful about polygon allocation the face could be very limited.

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 1:42 PM

The other difference is that "millenium-style rigging" has an "inverted T" shaped chest and the collars include the breasts, whereas in figures rigged like Posette the collars are much smaller and the chest part includes the breasts.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 August 2005 at 8:14 PM

Is this a Poser 6 figure, or can she be worked with in Poser 5?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.