Fri, Jul 12, 6:58 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 12 4:09 am)

Subject: OT - Long Time Members

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:13 PM

my favorites were advance jacketman his jacket was black I still don't know what made him advance and ultra morph woman which i believe is still available and don't forget the Sumo Baby I made a bunch of dancing Sumo baby animations and someone did a real cool animation of the matrix with Neo and Trinity on the roof with agent smith and Neo doing the bullet dodge those were the days

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

Carcinogen ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:27 PM

Anton, I remember; and I swear it was you. There was this render....it was Posette (before we called her that) And you had some image with her that bowled me away. You rendered a woman with all these treasures of gold and jewels and she was sitting like on this throne, and I remember a peacock feather or feathers in there somewhere. Am I ringing any bells? Anyway, I was BLOWN AWAY that someone could do a render like that with Poser. Back then realistic textures on a the characters were just not normally used. That was in the EARLY days. But I remember the render was awesome. It was an eon ago. But do you remember? Did she have white or platinum hair like in a beehive? What year would that have been. That was WAY before 1999? Or am I dreaming this? If not, do you still have that image? It would be fun to reminisce...

Khai ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:29 PM

"I remember more then 1000 members in the forum at once would bring the server to a crawl" not much has changed then ;)

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:29 PM

How about this for a Frontpage Headline:- Saturday, November 27, 1999 Gallery Posting Guidelines People in the forums demanded there be guidelines... (By Roy) - 18 opinions posted Have things really changed that much?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHzย ย  3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 9:33 PM

file_317024.jpg

Carcinogen Are you talking about this image?

โ€œThe fact that no one understands youโ€ฆDoesnโ€™t make you an artist.โ€

3dCritter ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:08 PM

OK, as long as we're reaching deep into the past, there was an early Poser website that was named for a common Poser 2 runtime error (50?). I can't quite remember what it was or who owned it.

3dCritter

ย 

Carcinogen ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:17 PM

YES! That's it, Hawkfyr. Did Anton Do that? It was a whole image, though. That has been around a loooooong time.

Carcinogen ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:17 PM

And thanks for making me realize I am not crazy!

Butch ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:27 PM

According to my profile sept 1 1999, but I go back to when this site first started and PFO before that.... Ah, those were the days my friends we thought that would never end..... sorry, couldn't resist. Anyway, Poser and Renderosity has been my window to the world for the last number of x years, especailly when I am having trouble with MS and can't get out or about.... Thanks guys, you'll never know how much you have help me over the years! Butch

Artalgo ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:41 PM

Although my profile says August 6, 2000, I'm another old timer from the PoserForum days.
The picture of the queen shown above was done by Martin Murphy. The entire picture is in the color section of the Poser 5 manual. I seem to remember that there used to be a tutorial for how it was done somewhere online.

Kenmac ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:42 PM

According to my profile I joined on Friday, March 24, 2000 but I was here before then when it was the Poser Forum Online run by Grey and Willow. BTW does anybody know whatever happened to them? I'm just curious. I started using Poser 3 in 1998 and stumbled across the PFO via a Webcrawler search. I was surprised to see so many people using this interesting program and I got quite a few tips from others. I tend to do most of my posting now over on the Poser newsgroup but I do post here once in awhile.

Helen ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 10:51 PM

I Joined Willows Poser Forum online and followed it here. I joined Saturday, February 13, 1999 Those were the days. Helen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senior MarketPlace Tester

If anyone sees a mind wandering aimlessly around..... It is mine.ย  I want it back.

coldrake ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:12 PM

Artalgo is correct. Here is a link to the image. It's at the bottom of the page. http://www.artsforge.com/martin/murphy.html Last I heard, Martin was working for ILM. 3dCritter, it was called "Error Code 50" and it was the old chatroom for the PFO. :) Kenmac, the PFO just sort of faded away, I think mainly because everyone was going to forums that had stores, (or should I say stores that had forums........) I still miss the old PFO, (the very first online Poser forum) where it was all about art, not merchandise. I've been around since April 1998 when this site hosted Willow's Poser Forum Online. Yup Helen, those were the days. :) Coldrake

Petunia ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:26 PM

I joined here September 2000. Gosh.. been a while!

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:36 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:40 PM

I have been an embarrassment to this forum since Oct or Nov 1999. I remember the site wars. I remember the arguments when Vue was first discussed. I remember the night MetaCreations announced it was dumping its graphics software, and everyone panicked about the first P4 patch ever being released (someone offered to distribute his beta). I remember pre-Vicky. I remember Pre-Rotica! There was no marketplace, until B-Bay. There was no trans-mapped hair! DAZ was still Zygote! I remember when JDK yelled at Allerleirauh (still can't spell it) and she ran away. I remember having only four or five consistent sources for freebies. I remember when Darth Logice was still Darth Logice and when RadArt was pretending to be two people.

I don't remember the name of Jack's old partner. Hmm. What was his name?

Those were the days.... Edited for more silly remembrances....

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 23:40

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.ย  He apologizes for this.ย  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.ย  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:50 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:53 PM

Yeah dirt is fun.

ANyway, so many names are on the tip of my tobhue, half remembered names of people who were around for years and vanished. So many have disappeared. I try to think whenever there was a significant shift in thinking, trends, etc I would venture to guess we are towards the end of the 4th age of Poser.

First Age of Poser:
Poser1 and 2
(Small but growing userbase. Community is born)

Second Age of Poser
Poser2 and 3
(Community grows and learns. People trying radical things to make the most of it. Poser3 causes huge surge of new users.)

Third Age of Poser
Poser4 and ProPack
(Lots of education and tutorials. Everyone learning and most contributing. Birth of Brokerages, site wars, commercial resentment, and grudgematches. OT forums, TOS, and warez prodominant issues. Poserdom goes commercial big-time)

Fourth Age of Poser
Poser5 and 6
(Blogs appear. Bipolar people inherit the forums, mods with agendas, rampant phychos and quiet intrigues. Merchants go quiet and stop posting. Market starts shrinking faster to balance fast growth of third age.)

So this year or next enter the Fifth age of Poser. ALways fun to speculate and watch. I forecast deamons, crusades, and asteroids. I see war in the clouds. lol.

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 23:53

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denialย in the faceย ofย truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

bushi ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:51 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_317025.jpg

Joined February 14, 1999 here and mid-summer 1998 at the original PFO. That really brings back some memories since Poser 3 was released shortly after I joined the PFO. The big feature on that release was the addition of a "Special Techniques" manual that showed how to build your own Poser figures. There was a mad rush at that point to figure out how exactly to do it since the methodology was still pretty obscure. I've included the front-pages from my website from shortly after all the techniques where worked out. These are some of the very first user-built Poser figures. We've really come a long way from those days!

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:56 PM ยท edited Fri, 06 January 2006 at 11:59 PM

The freebie I really remember is Jacketman. Wish I had a picture. Seemed so radical back then. was a figure with ffused clothing.

I remember when someone first made eyelashes transparent. Poser3 didn't have transparency if I remember.

Message edited on: 01/06/2006 23:59

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denialย in the faceย ofย truth is concealment."

byAnton ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:03 AM

igohigh I just unistalled those for good. Actually just unistalled everything pre-Apollo. I still love that Flytrap! Such a happy plant. It amazes me how much people must have stored on disk. Who was it that had that famous skirt tutorial?? was it Roy?

Fringewood ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:13 AM

file_317026.jpg

I've had to re-register twice, once in '99 and once in '00. The second time was a small glitch to the database that only affected a few members, or so I was told. If I recall correctly, I first wandered into R'osity in October of '98. I was putting together a Halloween page at the time and searching for resources. It looked a lot different back then. I go back to Poser 1.0, when the figures were part of the application, and only the textures were libraried. Pixel smoothing wasn't too hot either.

sturkwurk ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:29 AM

I guess I'm down for Oct. 99. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:30 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_317027.jpg

Couldn't find Jacketman - but here for your viewing pleasure.... Ultra Morph Woman

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

n3k0 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:36 AM

Current username since 3/2001. I had a previous username that was around since PFO.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:37 AM

Quote - Best part of being around so long is you get dirt on everyone. lol. Well not everyone.

so clean I squeak LOL I'm a newbie... spring of 2003 for me :) But I lurked for 2 years, hehe Then my driving need to learn Poser got me posting and asking dumb questions, LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Stormrage ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 1:58 AM

Attached Link: the earliest i could find for rosity/pfo

my join date is 1/01 but i've been around since at least 98 or before. I was here when willow ran it. At the time i was Wynterfyre. ohh pfo looked way different back then

lmckenzie ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 2:26 AM

I did not know that Poser's creator: "Larry Weinberg is a grandson of early animation great Dave Fleischer. His pioneering contributions to computer animation software, and animation supervision, have helped win four Clio Awards, a special effects Emmy Award (for Star Trek -- Deep Space Nine), and an Academy Award for Best Special Effects (for Babe)."

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

PoseWorks ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 2:52 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 January 2006 at 2:53 AM

Attached Link: http://www.poseworks.com/p4wishlist/

file_317028.jpg

Wow, that's a time warp. I don't even remember managing the Bryce forum...

I suppose my most lasting contribution to Poser history was the Poser 4 Wishlist. I found the old files and uploaded it, for your viewing pleasure :-)

The wishlist was used as a guide for Poser 4's development (and clearly some of Poser 5 as well); it's interesting to look back on it and see the ways that some of the items made it into the software, while we still haven't seen others, and some are just plain crazy! (Who in their right mind would want to export files to Adobe Dimensions? Me, when I was 15 years old--that's who!)

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 02:53

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:39 AM

What freebie did Zygote give us with posing hair?????

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

tastiger ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:42 AM

What freebie did Zygote give us with posing hair?????

Robert A. Heinlein

64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

PoseWorks ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 3:45 AM

I think it may have been a ponytail. I can't recall exactly--the only other one I can think of is the wavvy hair, but that wasn't free.

TT ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:09 AM

Sunday, September 03, 2000 for me. :)

"I like my species the way it is."

jarm ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:29 AM

Wednesday, March 24, 1999 for me

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:43 AM

As SAMS3D - 5/2001 As another name - 5/2000 - I actually forgot the name I use to use. I remember one of my first posts in 2001 was because someone didn't believe we made a model, thought we stole it, had to come in and defend myself....it was awful. Sharen

chrisf ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:48 AM

December,1999 also lurked earlier in PFO. Still raining, still lurking.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 4:58 AM

My current incarnation was signed up may 2004 but I've been hanging round causing trouble since just before they killed the Den.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

FishNose ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 6:41 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 January 2006 at 6:44 AM

file_317029.jpg

Been here since PFO days - October 98, Poser3. I had Poser 2 before that but never used it much - it was still too primitive then. Poser 3 was a total revelation!

Anyone remember Adam's wonderful shoes, from late '98?

:] Fish

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 06:42

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 06:44

Puntomaus ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 6:46 AM

March 27, 2001 shortly after I got P4/ProPack.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

fire_bug ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:22 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:22 AM

Was a member/lurker when the name was Poser forum, can't remember the joined date. And one of these day i will post a pic.

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 07:22

Wraith ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 7:40 AM

Been here since the PFO days. I always wanted the poser 3 Props cd zygote sold but never bought it. Anton, I have these ultra morph shoes for posette, 1 pair that morphs into 14 different ones, were those yours? They are still in my runtime.

buckzero ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 8:55 AM

Oct 2001, been mostly lurking since

$0

jerr3d ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:06 AM

Jan. 15, 2000 Lurked for about a year before getting up the nerve to post an image ^ ^

MartinW ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 9:15 AM

Hi All, Just check my own profile and it says I joined way back Sunday, April 18, 1999. Used Poser 3,4,5,PP as well as Bryce, Photoshop, Illustrator & Lightwave (the last not much). Coincidence - I'm thinking of uploading some of my old images to my very sparse gallery before adding/creating new ones. And I just want to say what a wonderful, helpful community this is - I've had various queries answered over the years, from where can I get French knickers to why has Victoria 2 have such heavy eyebrows! Keep on rendering, martin

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:08 AM

file_317030.jpg

15th Feb 1999 here ... before that long time member at PFO :)

Greets

Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Poppi ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:08 AM

I joined 12/31/2000. But, it seems like forever. Geeze, I miss this place, or how it was before, that is.

PilotHigh ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:33 AM

I was around when it was PFO also.

milamber42 ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:35 AM

My date shows 4/5/2000, but I was also lurking around in the PFO days.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:53 AM ยท edited Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:54 AM

Attached Link: Digital Dreams Downloads

file_317031.jpg

I only go back to October, 99. ;-)

Was at PFO before that, soon got fed up with Willow though, and never went back.

My first freestuff dates to late 99, the cheongsam still doesn't look all that bad, I think, I've since learned a lot, though!

Message edited on: 01/07/2006 11:54

Chris ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 11:54 AM

yep ... that freebie I remember well ;) greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 12:29 PM

Well ... 16 January 2000 is the date listed for me... But, I too was a member at PFO .. and other places. BUT ... i think my name was different ... I've had many NOTDAVIDS, reflashg, and a couple of others ... If I remember right, there was an email forum started by someone in Metacreations or Fractal .... way back, during Poser 2 I think. Does anyone recall that? It was like a cult back then ... the developers were all active online ... especially during the early metatool/metacreation times ..Raydream, early Bryce, Poser, Painter, power tools and all that.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

ynsaen ( ) posted Sat, 07 January 2006 at 2:30 PM

originally December of 98 or 99, been too damn long. Changed names a bit later and been consistent ever since...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.