Thu, Sep 19, 6:50 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:12 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Marketplace Wishlist improvements and more!!!!

Shardz ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:19 AM

I just noticed something that really needs to be fixed. When you click on the 'Sample Image' links and go to say promo image #2, it doesn't highlight which promo image page you are on. I ended up clicking on the same one twice because it doesn't state which one you are viewing. I also noticed yesterday that it stated on top of the MP how many members were online, and now it doesn't. I thought that was kind of a cool feature that should be put back in. The 'Baby' page will hopefully be replaced with a nav menu like the old version...I dunno about everyone else, but when I see that baby I want to toss. I'd rather see an angry demon rising from an inferno, that would be more symbolic.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:35 AM

Stacey, Can you please add to your list... a boolean search function? We desperately need a better search tool on this site. Being able to specify "title" or "title and description" (like at eBay) would help. A lot. If I'm looking for a hair model, I don't need to see all the items which simply credit the use of other people's hair, or the chair the model is seated upon! The Google search engine is clever enough to identify misspellings (do you realize how many ways people here (merchants and customers) type "medieval"?), but they have real linguists working for them. In the meantime, I'd be happy with something like 3dcommune's setup with "and" and "or" buttons. Being able to use pluses and minuses would be great. 3 fields is plenty. I realize that there will be squawkers no matter what is done, but the current search feature is so utterly useless that anything will be an improvement in the shopping experience. Thanks for listening and taking notes! Carolly

ariannah ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:47 AM

I'll echo Carolly for the request for an improved search function. Man, I gotta tell you it's like the lost labyrinth of Stephen King's topiary maze in there. I can't begin to explain what's come up with some of my searches and believe me, I've tried every trick in the book.

Thanks from me as well to all the behind the scenes elves who do seem to be listening. It's encouraging to see some of our requests already in place!

~arry

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

kenmizuki ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:25 AM

Thanks man. I think all item should have 2 date. the first is upload date , the second one is Update time. :D

goldie ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:37 AM

Many thanks for attending to the "wishlist"...big improvement.. just a few things that i would like to see remedied: 1. ability to move items from cart to wishlist 2. upload date for merchandise on product page 3. function to notify you that you've already purchased the item or that it's in your wishlist (like it was before) REALLY important... many thanks

judee3d ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 2:31 AM

I want to add my thanks for all the hard work - it shows that you are really paying attention and working on our "wishes". Looks like most of my personal concerns have been fixed, or are being fixed. Meanwhile, let me say what I Do like. I like the navigation bar on the left, especially having my account, shopping cart, and wishlist all together. And the other links too. Freebies, for example. :) Just a personal preference, of course. Wondering if the site will follow through once it is converted... I LOVE the huge images of the product at the top of the product pages. I don't mind scrolling down to the price and other info. It's impressive to see a big look at the item first off. That may be personal opinion, of course, but I like it. I do think some of the "required products" may need work - I've seen a few outfits thus far (haven't browsed more than a few pages) where the outfit is a texture map, requiring a previous outfit - but this isn't mentioned in the initial "required" part - in most cases it is mentioned in the merchants info on their item, but not on the store info. And not always a like to the opriginal clothes. It would be nice to have that info (plus link if it's a RMP item) along with the other info. But perhaps this is something you are working on. Meanwhile, keep up the good work, sleep when you can (naps are good) and thanks to all who are working on getting this up to speed. It may seem to some like it wasn't "ready" but how else is a changeover going to work? The only way to get public opinion is to show it first and let us howl about what we want changed. ;D Oh one last thing - I tend to agree about the baby. Might have been a cute idea, but my first reaction was that you had actually made a baby figure (similar to the mil baby) then I realized it was the marketplace. All the best, judee3d

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:19 AM

Agreed about the baby thing... I thought, "is this the daz baby somehow?" and then realized it was just another wasted click... as if you can't tell the market place was "new" and "different," but the added picture and click was just... irritating.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 5:49 AM

Oh, if I wasn't clear about pluses and minuses... plus means that the word must be in the search, and minus that it must be excluded. Example: [Hair] [+Jessi] should yield only hair which fits Jessi. [ship] [-space] should yield boats and not spaceships. Carolly

jesserev ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 7:15 AM

Not sure if anyone has posted or noticed, but your "sale" emails still have the wrong marketplace link.

Bobbie25 ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 8:05 AM

O like the look but omg I am going blind A bit small

========================================================
Typing Advisory :
Read at your own risk! May cause
dizziness, naseua,drooling, and temporary blindness.
Surgeon General recommends running the txt through a spell checker.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 9:27 AM

A couple of things I really, really, loved about shopping at the Renderosity marketplace and miss....and trust me, you guys got A LOT of my money...Anyway... I loved having the shopping cart, public and private wishlists all on the same page, with the ability to move items easily between them.... I liked having my purchase history where it was listed by each item I bought (with a hotlink to the product page) rather than the new setup where we just see order numbers in a list I also like the price and other pertinant info (add to cart, etc) on the top of the product page. Other things that I second the extreme need for: upload date for merchandise on product page function to notify you that you've already purchased the item or that it's in your wishlist REALLY important... Basically - I apprecaite the hard work and I KNOW it has been hard work. I also apprecaite that you are trying to create a more reliable marketplace for us all... But I sure did love the layout and interface of the old marketplace...It was easy to navigate, didn't require lots of uneccesarry scrolling and clicking, and was my favorite place to spend my play money....

Brandy

jonfe ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:26 AM

"function to notify you that you've already purchased the item or that it's in your wishlist (like it was before) REALLY important..." +1 Other quirks I can live with :)

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:31 AM

Member homepage: View member store link has now been fixed. I will be reporting things throughout the day that have been adjusted or added. Also I have gathered all the suggestions here down to the last post before this and forwarded to the admin team for review. Thank you all so much for the feedback. Stacey

Bismark41 ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 12:57 PM

one step foward and two steps back

One of the things I really liked about the old marketplace was that if you tried to add a item to your cart that you had already purchased (or added to cart or wishlist) it told you. Now you have to check through your account purchased list which is no longer one long list but sorted into individual purchases. While it seem to remove the item from your wishlist if you put it into your cart from the product page which is an improvement, to take an item from the cart onto the wishlist is now a multi step process.

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:26 PM

oh - i just noticed a couple of other things....Now when viewing an item, I don't have the option to add a merchant to favorites? And product reviews...Wow - without those I hardly ever buy, I usually chose the read all reviews options and checked them all out....

Brandy

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:28 PM

Just want to remind everyone that you still have an items purchased list. When you click on Account it defaults to the Orders page, but if you click on the Items List, then you will see all purchases made by product name in alphabetical order by default you can sort by date purchased as well. Also you will see a column there at the end that says Updates and any updates made going forward will have a date in that field and you can sort by update as well to see which products you've purchased have been updated. Hope that helps some who having been thinking that you have to drill down into each order to see the products you've purchased. Thanks Stacey

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 1:31 PM

The product reviews will be coming back, its just not functional at the moment. I believe they are working on this today. I will post when I get an update of the Product review status. Thanks Stacey

nghayward ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 2:59 PM

Good to see all the improvements you've already made, but there are still a few things I miss. One is the sale end date when browsing through. I appreciate you've added it to the products page but if I see something's on sale while browsing that's about to finish being on sale I'll be more likely to buy (so it's in the stores interest) Also the search function doesn't seem to be working. I did a search for Miki earlier on and though I got a page of Miki related items the one thing I was after was not displayed(And a load of others I know exist)

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 3:47 PM

StaceyG wrote: "Just want to remind everyone that you still have an items purchased list. When you click on Account it defaults to the Orders page, but if you click on the Items List, then you will see all purchases made by product name in alphabetical order by default you can sort by date purchased as well." I'm wondering if it would make more sense to have it default to the Items List instead of the Orders List. I don't think the Orders List is very informative since I don't memorize the order numbers...I'd always want to see more details like what the product was I bought. This would eliminate one of those extra mouse clicks. Thanks

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 4:33 PM

Hi Cliff, I tend to agree with you on the items list being the default. There were some reasons behind why its not done that way. Let me bring it up again and see what I can find out. Thanks Stacey

leather-guy ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 5:37 PM

BkMrrrrq

rdonovan ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 6:08 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/

Have you spent enough time admiring some Rosity staffer's way-cute baby? Are you wondering how long an extra click will be required to enter the marketplace? Me too. Bookmark this link. Problem solved.

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 8:24 PM

I previously posted this as a new thread but then noticed this one so i moved it here. I have two important dislikes with the new store. #1 the engine now does not prevent you anymore from loading into cart an item that you already bought. It just happened to me. This will make it possible for frequent buyers or longtime buyers to make mistakes and buy twice a same item - and then have to ask for refund etc. #2 it does not appear to be possible anymore to transfer items from the cart to the wishlist. This is a major limitation as far as my buying habits are concerned. I often place new items I like into the cart directly in order not to have them lost in the big wishlist I happen to have - then at checkout time I decide which to buy now and which to keep for later. Not being able to move stuff directly is going to be quite annoying. I hope that there may be a future store update that addresses these two points.

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 8:38 PM

Well, while I am at it, I add other small things - the title of the products is not enough visible - I can't remember exactly how it used to be in the old store but I would bet it had something more - whether it was a different font, or simply a bold style or larger size, or simply a different placement - in any way I remember it as being more visible than it is now. Product title has the same font size and quality (underscore) than the merchant name, also the same font and size of the price, and this is not visually effective. The product name should emerge in my opinion. Also I think that the "next" and "previous" links should be more prominent at the end of the pages - better if using a button and if placed above the lines of tiny numbers. Finally, why not add a "add to wishlist" button directly under the product thumbnails? Since the move from cart to wishlist is not available, this would help some with the discomfort.

Orio ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 8:59 PM

Another thing I noticed: in the account/item list of purchased items, the "sort by vendor" dropdown now lists all renderosity merchants. It was way much better the way it used to be before, when only the merchants whose products you did actually buy were present.

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:03 PM · edited Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:05 PM

I was told to come post this here... to add my voice...while still sick with the flue, will just copy my individual post into this one.

Uhg... sorry.. don't like this... I USE my LISTED items, BY DATE (newest first) NEVER my order listing..(waste THAT is for me!) With this mish mosh of items listed by who knows what how can I go back and make a comment on a product once I use it? Or use it for reference?? I tried pushing "the purchase date" and it built the list, but LEAVE THAT PAGE and I have to do it all over again! :(

I WANT TO LOCK IN MY PURCHASES VIEW SO I CAN USE IT!

And my cart is now on a separate page? So I will have to bounce back and forth between wish list pages and cart page? and FYI the wishlist always showed if an item was on sale and hope the e mail notices of an item GOING on sale will still get sent!!

I LIKED all the catagories (with word links) on the first page, so I could go where I wanted... now I get bombarded with a bunch of product thumbs all lined up when I first get there?

I really liked the store the way it was... :( Faster is good (I notice the galleries are faster now?!?! Might be jus the time of day though) OH no... really Orio? I too will not use that, if ALL the merchants are listed in my own account page... sigh..

Message edited on: 01/18/2006 22:05

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 18 January 2006 at 10:16 PM

PS I have always wanted a GOOD SEARCH ENGINE here, and gave up any hope of one...I only TRY to use it when I just had to...but it seems to need the EXACT name and that defeats the purpose... Also, Stacey, I am guessing you are "just" this forum's moderator..that is a "go between" between us users and the higher ups... so personally, as I always tell on line store folks I call with problems - please don't think I am "yelling at you"...as you are not the policy maker (I think).... You have a rough job as mod!! You should get a pat on the back for this job (and I hope you actually get a paycheck!) At any rate.. hang in there!

Seren ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 5:36 AM

What a mess the whole thing is! Pages aren't designed for 1280x1024 res so everythings small and squashed. Used to be perfect on the old site! This is a graphics based community of users therefore we don't use 800x 600!!!!!!! EVERYTHING was just great as it was. I just looked at my Wishlist. Everything mixed together, public & private. I have to say I just hate the whole lot of it and I'll not bother to buy anything for a while until they sort this mess out. I feel VERY negative and disappointed. Lots of red xs on the shopping pages, I don't know whether it's due to my firewall settings or their messups. I really can't be bothered to spend my time troubleshooting it. Yawn. If it ain't broke don't fix it would have been a good mantra to follow. Going to play with poser and forget the whole mess. I hope the vendors complain when their sales drop!!!!!! The renderosity shopping experience was always great before, much better than at Daz as far as I'm concerned. Now Renderosity have gone down the same drain. What a pity!

Orio ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 6:41 AM

This is a graphics based community of users therefore we don't use 800x 600 > Everything mixed together, public & private. > If it ain't broke don't fix > EVERYTHING was just great as it was. I have to sadly quote the above. I don't know why this had to change but I certainly am quite discomfortable with the whole new store design and features. In the annual surveys I always ranked the store experience as perfect - it didn't help much evidently.

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 12:15 PM

I really like the changes you've made since yesterday afternoon!! The nav bar is back on the right and the header has the links for the galeries, forums, freestuff etc, etc just like it did before...BRAVO and a BIG thank you!! [Thanks for taking down the cute baby pic, too ! ;-) ]

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 12:41 PM

Thanks Cliff, glad you like the changes made since yesterday:) Just wanted to reiterate here what LillianH said in another thread that might help. "The changes to the marketplace were necessary to allow for more flexibility with a php format versus the old ez format. It is like starting over. However, enhancements and updates are coming daily. Please bear with us during these temporary growing pains. Once it's complete we believe it will be worth the momentary inconvenience of the transition." Thanks again, Stacey

Seren ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 2:58 PM

LOL I know I said I was going away until it was fixed. But I couldn't resist another look As the website designers do seem to be listening......... Thanks everyone :-) I really miss the proper descriptions of the products. All those words mashed together in tiny type without spacing are impossible to make any sense of. I really, really will miss all the live links through a thumbnail to Related Products when I buy something. I spend huge amounts that way. Buy them with the base product or add to my wishlist if I can't afford yet. I should be relieved they're not there! I may achieve solvency! hahahaha

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 8:56 PM

just trying to shop for a friend and thought of something else....I can't find a way, from a merchants store or item page, to email or im the merchant, which coincidentally led to a page where you could find their gallery, artist page. wishlist, etc.....Those were features that I used a LOT and will miss

Brandy

-BrandyE- ( ) posted Thu, 19 January 2006 at 8:59 PM

and why can't i find anyones wish list?!?!?!!? It shouldn't be this hard to give you guys my money.....

Brandy

jesserev ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:33 AM

I would really like to see the search parameters of Hot, New, Popular back...any chance?

ariannah ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 2:04 PM

And the date a product was uploaded? Please? I do see what's been done so far, but would love to see the product upload dates and the customer reviews return. As a potential buyer, these features were very useful to me.

Thanks in advance for listening.

I dare you, while there is still time, to have a magnificent obsession. --William Danforth

cindyx ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 7:05 PM

Is it possible to include the DATE that a product was UPLOADED? I always liked that feature, so I could know whether an item is an older one or a new one. Not every 'readme' has that information. Thank you.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 20 January 2006 at 11:03 PM
Site Admin

I too would like to see the upload date feature put back in.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

zulu9812 ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 8:42 AM

I would like to see product reviews back

goldie ( ) posted Sat, 21 January 2006 at 11:23 AM

"Clearance/Warehoused products are now displaying the correct retail price" As far as I can tell, the clearance/warehouse products DO NOT display their correct retail prices...I recently purchased two items in the warehouse and neither of them now show the same price I paid for them...in fact in my previous purchases list, the price I actually paid for each of these items is listed incorrectly...

Wonderland ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 6:14 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2006 at 6:15 AM

Everything seems fine on the gallery pages, but the marketplace is all screwed up. The spacing is terrible (in Safari) and the whole layout and the fonts look terrible and very amateurish for an art site! The product descriptions are harder to read and seem very disorganized with a confusing layout. On the thumbnails pages, if the title of the product is long, it's all on one line causing a huge gap between thumbnails making them unevenly spaced. I miss the product reviews, don't like the menu bar squished on the right and difficult to read, the separate wishlist and all the other issues everyone else mentions. Hoping everything gets back to normal soon and the site will eventually look and function as well as it did before, otherwise it will be too much of a pain to shop on this site....

Message edited on: 01/22/2006 06:15

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com
FACEBOOK: Alicia's Page TWITTER: @AliciaHollinger INSTAGRAM: @AliciaHollinger

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 6:20 AM

Well... I tried to search for Mil Dragon 2 products today. Ferget it. For starters, I cannot narrow down my search. This gives me a list of every single item with "Dragon" in it. So now I get to look at product by product (200 or so pages) to see if it is for Mil Dragon 2 or not... I don't think so. Sorry you merchants who sell Mil Dragon 2 stuff... I couldn't be bothered to go and check though all that stuff. I'll just go without. There has to be an advanced search that uses booleans, so I can use AND at least.

Silke

nghayward ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 10:17 AM · edited Sun, 22 January 2006 at 10:18 AM

But you can noarrow down searches...

in the example above you can search for Mil dragon by using "+mil +dragon". This will narrow down the search to find mil dragon entries (10 products were listed though 2 were irrelevant)

using "+mil* +dragon" will extend the search to include Mill or Millenium as well (39 products were listed though a larger proportion irrelevant)

The problem with a serach not reporting all products for Miki (and probably others) now seems to have been fixed.

Thanks those responsible.

Nigel

Message edited on: 01/22/2006 10:18

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 4:31 PM

I clicked on a banner today, with interest in some clothing for Aiko...there were NO other images, but the main one and I too HATE the small font, and layout...I was not really sure if the clothing was just for Aiko, or V3 too.... I put the item in my wish list but I do NOT feel like shopping here.... the old layout was soooo user friendly!! I READ the reviews to help decide... I see no reason the LAYOUT cannot be the same? The links to PURCHASE are the critical part (I know, I have a store)... I also took another look at shopping in general...I am sorry I am totally over whelmed by all the thumbs for things I care nothing about... I just look and want to run away...! I noted that to even find the CATEGORIES I had to click on the word POSER- and it took a long time - then all the poser word/links for figures, and other sections were listed...but again...it's just not visually easy to use... In a VISUAL medium, it is critical to display the products well....if I wanted to shop at the drug store, clothing store (real human) or toy store, I would expect rows and rows of thumbs like this... BUT even those stores have a LOT OF DESCRIPTION and information, and larger views to click on... But again, ours is a GRAPHICS environment so the display is paramount! That was a major decision when I built my store (I am the web builder)- NOT to go with the forced layout of the merchant software. I am sorry, I can see myself shopping here MUCH LESS, definitely no spontaneous purchases...only if I see something used in some art, trust the opinion of the artist, and THEN I may purchase just that one item.

Silke ( ) posted Sun, 22 January 2006 at 6:18 PM

Thing is, you might be able to narrow down the searches - but it doesn't SAY that anywhere. I've never in my entire life on the web used + in a search. Ever. First time I hear this is seeing the post above - and I've come here for years. I use AND and OR all the time tho. Going away from what is the norm - the booleans above - is not userfriendly.

Silke

Ralf61 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 8:39 AM

Sorry - but I don't trust the search-function. Try to search for V3. You'll get NO results. I think there is something entirely wrong. So many products here in the MP, you need a powerfull search. And I really need the product reviews. This was a main difference to CP and DAZ where you can't find such thing . ITs so helpful to see, what others think about a product. The new layout is not a a big improvement, but not to bad for me. I would like to see more pics from a product. I'm not sure tht 3 as it has been in the past are enogh ...

Ralf61 ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 11:05 AM

In addition: What happened to the 'favorite merchant' function. I don't see it anymore ...

Wonderland ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 12:45 PM

Also, if you are looking at a particular merchant's products, there is no link on top to go back to the marketplace, you have to keep clicking the arrow to go back. And there is no indication what software the product is for under the thumbnail--Poser? Vue? Bryce? It doesn't say....

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

Lyne ( ) posted Mon, 23 January 2006 at 4:04 PM

ARGGH.. I wanted to contact a merchant... so clicked the product link under my own image..and went to his store... but now the CONTACT the merchant is gone... great.. I will have to do a search here in the other part of the world to find his page and then be able to send him a message. Blah! I also was able to contact another merchant by finding his e mail and asked for clairification on his product page...all his type (and the fact that the product IS for P6 was gone) was mushed together.. what a royal mess!! I keep putting things in my wish list...but I swear I will NOT spend until this mess is made clear... :((

Wonderland ( ) posted Tue, 24 January 2006 at 1:43 PM

And this is really bad for merchants.... I clicked on a banner ad and got: Not Found The requested URL /softgood.ez was not found on this server. Apache/2.0.52 (CentOS) Server at market.renderosity.com Port 80 If the banner ads don't work, that really must affect sales--so hopefully things will be fixed soon....

ART BY ALICIA HOLLINGER

www.AliciaHollinger.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.