Sat, Sep 21, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: The Debate

girsempa ( ) posted Sun, 07 May 2006 at 11:11 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1138393&Start=55&Artist=girsempa&ByArtist=Yes

To Simon: I already try to do something artistic with it: one of my first uploaded images was about this subject... (don't shoot; it was one of my first LOL)

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 1:31 AM

hee hee hee, I can't believe how this turned around... I love the nude art works, I actually only click on the ones that I can see the photographer has tried to create art out of not just get views or do a full nude shoot coz they can. I love the curves, shape and flow that some of you guys make with women. It is sad how male shots don't get the same attention as females, maybe women can contain themselves (oh damn big pun there).

But the big thing to me was ppl who post want views and comments but don't browse the galleries to give out the same respect. And this is regardless of nudes, macro, landscape, pets, children, places - basically any genre.

Nice to read all the views anyway and what all you wonderful ppl do view and how/when/why...

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

DJB ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 2:01 AM

Back to topic for a sec here...
Miranda....I did ask  the day you posted that image  why it was not acccepted.Unfortunately the majoity ruled.
There has been more revealing photos  posted in the past.
That  said... I do  believe we need to have a guideline set, to stop people from going over the edge.
If we allow a certain type, someone will always push it to the limit, and then it becomes a big hassle to try and discuss the image within the staff. This takes a lot of time.
Having a blanket statement about what is accepted is easier.

I imagine reading the statistics on which members are viewing images with nudity, we would find that most of them have no clue as to what is artistic about it.
They are having a peep show.
Thats my opinion anyway. Go have a look in the members photo album and see who is making all the  babe comments.
There are members here who post really good  artistic nudes , and some comments on them are not even related to the image.
They comment on  the model.So you will only get a handful of members who going to be genuine in the critique of the nudity images.
This is because they do a good job of thier own.

Admin looks at it as  "you cannot have something other than clothing or a chair touching the pubic area",  because there has been  too many sexual related objecst posted in this manner.

You have valid points Miranda. But for every one who thinks it should be alright, there is another who does not.I am not a statistic person, but do believe that the majority of women would not  post images of themselves this way.
Why...because that is how they have been taught.

Another point I agree with is that I dislike looking at the violence too.Has no point to me.
I have a nephew whoi whacked a schoolmate over the back with a chair, because he saw it on WWF.
He got suspended for a week.
This type of thing would not happen if it was not so accepted for viewing.

Now here is an idea...
I am sure this site would be really happy to have you post this image again if....
Lets say you sent M&M'S® marketing this image and asked them if it could be thier public advertisement for billboards and perhaps TV.
If they accept it, then there would hardly be a site  on the iternet that would'nt. LOL

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Simon_P ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 7:52 AM

Quote -  Now here is an idea...
I am sure this site would be really happy to have you post this image again if....
Lets say you sent M&M'S® marketing this image and asked them if it could be thier public advertisement for billboards and perhaps TV.
If they accept it, then there would hardly be a site  on the iternet that would'nt. LOL

Indeed Doug, however I have to say I have seen some pretty risqué billboard adverts that push the limits, so I would never rule anything out these days. There was one run in the UK some years back that would have never made it passed the RR TOS or child image guidelines for that matter.

Anyway back to the original question, from my POV, Peewee is right, should we expect comments if we don’t make them?

Expect comments when not commenting probably not. However good images will receive comments by some if they a, like them and b, interest them, regardless of if they get reciprocal comments.

For me I post and if I get comments all well and good, I don’t always comment depending on whether I have time or how slow it is all going at the time, when I have time on my hands (not very often) I make comments on images that I like/interest me regardless of the subject matter.

Art nude is something that interests me as well as many other styles, but tend to comment on them if IMO there is good technique and lighting used.

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 8:21 AM

:b_overwhelmed: :b_uncertain: :b_lipssealed:

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Mon, 08 May 2006 at 8:49 AM

:b_funny: @ PL ...

danob ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 12:56 PM

Photography is an art and as such should include every subject.. This is also a public website and as such can be browsed by the whole world so who knows who is looking and not commenting, I  to had wondered this.. Some time ago somebody posted an image no thumb called it Hot Pussy it was in fact a Cat on a cooker it got thousands of viewings and i think it still in the most viewed images gallery... Also in view of this fact we have to consider the problems we face with what can and cannot be displayed in such a public viewing area, and it is in fact sad we cant have a nude image in the TWIG feature because we cant tag the nudity button, not because we object to them or the art form... We as adults can make a choice to go to a gallery of art or a dispaly of any form of the photographic art, but here with our children sitting on our knees looking at our latest images it is not quite the same, though I take the point that is being made here about showing such images and there is some superb examples of nude and glamour work here and a lot of great talent.. What do we do have them all in a gallery where we have to click a button to gain entry, or accept a little bit of censorship so we can all enjoy them?

It is perhaps more a sad reflection of the age we live in, where I have to think very carefully before even taking a picture of a delightful child without making sure I ask  the parents if it ok or getting some strange looks.. Even on a beech while taking an image of the bird life found myself confronted by some neandrathal thinking I was after some other delightful creature his girlfriend who was almost naked he did not seem best pleased when I told him Ihad not even noticed her!

I hope we can just enjoy our photography here and maybe give credit where it is due! And not worry over  the fact we may have our galleries looked at by many who are not members here.. As for images with the heads off while it may depersonalize them can we be sure that we have informed consent from the model this way? Just a thought

Well done Miranda it is a great thread and just wanted to add my perspective from being a  Coord

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

promiselamb ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 2:01 PM

Thank you danob

Well I fixed the problem on my end. I removed all images that show to much skin lol

I post a picture the other day of a good friends rear end looking out in the desert and every comment but one had to do with the girls ass. I only got one comment that was worth reading from Margana and she talked purly of the quality of the shot. I can shoot girls all day long with amazing asses lol But thats not the reason I post here or even shoot. I hate when I spend hours trying to do the right shot and all it does it attract the perverts. If I wanted to attract pervert I have plenty of different kinds of photos to do that with lol

So I am going to be a june cleaver on here and just post family photos. its a great place to store photos so you can show anyone from anywhere a picture of your dog, cat, mom, dad, sister brother, zoo pictures family get together and so on.

I am going to save my art purly for printing out and putting in a portfolio to show people tht can take it serious in person.. this way if they say nice ass is she single? I can say would you like to take one last look around the room before the lights go out lol

:b_upset:

Miranda

Simon_P ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 2:06 PM

Quote - As for images with the heads off while it may depersonalize them can we be sure that we have informed consent from the model this way? Just a thought Well done Miranda it is a great thread and just wanted to add my perspective from being a  Coord

There used to be a policy (and I assume it is still in place as I haven’t read the TOS for a while) that any nude models posted must have the relevant paperwork (release) and that on request a copy must be submitted to Rosity.

I have shot a few anonymous style nudes usually figure work, although I don’t think I have ever posted any here, either way they all have a release.

They wouldn’t have made the cane if you weren’t meant to break the rules

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 2:12 PM

one good comment can be worth a handful of BS, better to ignore it.. you can't pick & choose comments.. it's going to happen.. just post for you & no one else, you know by now what looks good

DJB ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 6:03 PM

Quote - There used to be a policy (and I assume it is still in place as I haven’t read the TOS for a while) that any nude models posted must have the relevant paperwork (release) and that on request a copy must be submitted to Rosity.

I have shot a few anonymous style nudes usually figure work, although I don’t think I have ever posted any here, either way they all have a release.

We will sometimes ask for a model release  statement and ID if the model has an appearance of being under age.

Or if the model  has been seen on other sites.

Though  many photographers do have  the release forms done, it is only a requirement here at our request.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 8:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1055569&Start=19&Artist=TomDart&ByArtist=Yes

There is a link to my "sexiest" image. From the views, I gather many expected more. There was and is not more, not that I would object if done artistically. (In this case, the model was shown as much as desired and the image is as it is.)  T and A for that sake and not much photography merit leave me cold...no cold shower needed since the shots can do that  without help.  Now, the good nudes, men or women are seen by me as a part of the artistic world as this should be.  There are some wonderful photographers of nudes and semi-nudes here who do magnificient work.  

One of those photographers was very kind and gave me some valuable lessons in studio photography.  His images are magnificent!  

Yes, the lurkers are there and everywhere on the net, appreciating what they want and not the rest. That is part of life. This is not a bad subject to bring up, PeeWee.  Yes, discussed before but we really cannot control the "hits" made by the lurkers.   Thanks for the thread.  I have addedd little to what is said already.  But, I know inside "me" when I see a fine shot and an untasteful and poor shot.

Lurkers don't care about the quality or the artistry. Fact of life.

I as most of us here, do care about the artistry and can see that in images which are perhaps less than perfectly exposed or edited...still the ideas of creativity and artistic intent will show.  I have a long way to go in gettng "perfect" images...an almost unrealistic goal.  So, when my heart speaks to me in an image, artistically, I do the best I can with it.  When I feel and image is done well, even if not one of great artistic merit but to be appreciated and enjoyed by others, I go with it.

Blessings and Peace.             TomDart.

Radlafx ( ) posted Tue, 09 May 2006 at 11:56 PM · edited Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:05 AM

Quote - I guess I am shocked that someone here said dont you think all nudes should go to RR sister site

Did I say "nudes or "adult content"? If nudity was adult content then people wouldn't be aloud to sell nude paintings in mall's. Including ones that don't even fall into R'osity's TOS (i.e. partial nude woman with nude child on lap). Miranda: Im surprised your "Vertical Smile" was deleted, cuz I've seen flyers which contained an image of a womans buttocks covered in rose petals.😕 P.s. remember the "Grand Theft Auto San Andreas" incident?

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:45 AM

Hey PL ... I commented on your colours and logo as well as the arse sniff

Dynazty ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 11:53 AM

Quote - one good comment can be worth a handful of BS, better to ignore it.. you can't pick & choose comments.. it's going to happen.. just post for you & no one else, you know by now what looks good

I can't agree more with this!!

PL- Sry if any of my comment's came off wrong, sometimes the sarcastic guy just comes out, even when were trying to be tasteful....!

PW - Funny I uploaded a photo the other day of a Motorcycle and gave it a thumb from the air brushing on the tank and called it "A Hottie" and over night it had 100 views when most of my images only get around 30-60 views. Now I didn't do this on purpose to prove this point, I just thought it worked well for the image itself and it wasn't deceiving..and it pulled some good comments...=]

UKmac ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 2:31 PM

Miranda, shame you have taken such drastic action, shoot and post what you like, and ignore the goons.....

Steve

dreamerAngel ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 12:59 PM

After following this debate, I posted a thumbnail of a pig's nipple with the title 'A Beautiful Pair of Beasts'. when you see click to see the whole image, it's a piglet suckling from the mum (with a spare nipple in the foreground which is where the thumb comes from). To date, it has just under 200 viewings. The sad thing is - it is clear from the thumbnail that it is an animal's nipple!! Oh well it takes all sorts.

ModestyB ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 3:32 PM

Sodom & gomorra!!!!
LOL!!!!
It's a lovley shot & it deserves lot more comments!!!!!!!!
Not just peepers.........

PUSS & KRAM

dreamerAngel ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 5:34 PM

Thanks - it has given me a bit of a giggle though!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.