Fri, Jul 5, 12:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 05 7:45 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: WTF - forums

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:22 PM · edited Fri, 05 July 2024 at 12:06 PM

what is going on? the whole forums have changed - I am now getting this welsome to My Site with a honking big useless left hand menu. The forums were working fine, put them back and fire that coder!
Starting to get pissed off!

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:25 PM

Not just the forums. Galleries and MP too.

You're not the only one, trust me.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:26 PM

same BS in the gallery too. what is going on?!! It has broken my CSS in both to boot.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:26 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:33 PM

Gallery links gone, side bars with all the other links gone...nothing there now but a big blank white area...

...Twilighte Zone theme begins....

"You're travelling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead - your next stop, the Twilight Zone!"

:b_cool:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:28 PM

The whole site is broken atm.  I'm sure they're working on it!

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:35 PM

Shut it down, sort it out, and stay down until done.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:36 PM

LOL...really professionally done site isn't it. The more they work at fixing it, the more screwed up it becomes. Just had to change to php format and write their own php codes didn't they. Should have left well enough alone when it was working. Rosity is really becomming a laughing stock. Sure going to make alot of money this way when you can't even find the marketplace.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:39 PM

:b_funny: :b_grin: :b_scared:

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:41 PM

I just ahad a couple of full screens of nothing but MYSquirrel has escaped text a couple of minutes ago. Have they had a major server glitch and are running off a bad but mostly functional back-up?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:45 PM

This is the worst site change over I've ever seen. What ever is going wrong I'm seriously amazed the site is still up at all. It looks like it needs to be taken off line for a few hours to sort things out.

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:45 PM

lol!  This is TOO funny!  Everything bunched to the left and the CSS is borked!   I feel like my monitor is going to fall over from the weight.    I'm going to bed now and hopefully I'll wake up and it was all a dream.  :-) 

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:48 PM

Night Phil, I think that is a good idea. I'm doing the same.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:55 PM · edited Thu, 15 June 2006 at 9:57 PM

Quote - lol!  This is TOO funny!  Everything bunched to the left and the CSS is borked!   

LMAO that was my first reaction. 

Earlier my board link gave me a page not found error.  When I removed parts of the link to leave http://renderosity.com  I was taken to the MP. I managed to get to the forums from the forums button at the top of the page and made a new bookmark.

When I tried using  www.renderosity.com I was taken to some server page telling me that the address changed to something else.... with "camelot" in it.

Now I click my bookmark to come to an all white page with the menu on the left and all bunched together.

The only thing I could think to do was burst out laughing.  I haven't checked the MP and Gallery. I think I'll wait until they fix whatever they are doing.

I wish they did what most sites do.  Have a production site where they do all of their changes and checking, and then just impliment the changes on the public site when it's all done, fixed and ready.

EDIT:  Try clicking on someone's profile link below their name. 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:02 PM

Hey guys, looks like it's working again...but for how long? And they are still determined to have that pesky popup on the thumbnails in the gallery.

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:03 PM

Well, back to the old code.

cherokee69 ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:04 PM

OOPS..my bad...spoke too soon. Now it's screwed again.

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:06 PM

now its the my site code.

'shakes head and reaches for sunglasses'

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:07 PM

Hahahaha...cherokee69 I think they're just messing with you. LOL. At least it was normal for a second or two....well back to the Twilight Zone again...

:sad:

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:08 PM

original code

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:14 PM

It seems to be back and working again :)

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:15 PM

now old code

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 15 June 2006 at 10:20 PM

You can't get to anyone's homepage now either when you click their profile.  Clicking the homepage link gives a 404 error.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:11 AM

Attached Link: acadia's homepage

ask and ye shall receive 😄

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:20 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:20 AM

When I click "profile" below someone's name, then click "homepage"  I get:

Quote - The connection has timed out

The server at www.renderosity.com is taking too long to respond.

*   The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
          moments.

*   If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
          connection.

*   If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
          that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:41 AM

**cherokee69 wrote. "**Rosity is really becomming a laughing stock."

Your closer to the truth than you might think. I have now read a few posts at different sites that R'sity coding/er are the joke of the day/week/month/year/all time?

Wonder how much money R'sity has lost over this.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:10 AM

Hey pals I'm here again, bots finally are working :biggrin:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:11 AM

My guess is they haven't lost enough money to care about it. Not yet at least.

People snicker and laugh and point at Rosity, but in essense, all they do is mention the site over and over again. Even bad publicity is better than NO publicity. And people go to Rosity to see what all the fuss is about. And once they're there... they may see a banner that interests them, even without the intentions of buying anything... and... Voilá - another customer sucked in ;o)

That said, it is really becoming old, this perpetual changing and breaking down and somewhat working and whatnot. At the moment the galleries seem to be down again, and the only way I can find to GET there is to go to Free Stuff and click the My Gallery in the drop down there. The link at the top of all the other pages is a dead link to the old gallery. Either that or dig up one of my previous posts and click my link in my signature (since I've changed that to the new gallery server)

That is, I could go to the gallery that way if it wasn't for the fact that they're down. AGAIN!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:01 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:02 AM

Attached Link: http://webpages.charter.net/geisel/AlanRickman.JPG

file_345467.JPG

> Quote - That is, I could go to the gallery that way if it wasn't for the fact that they're down. AGAIN!

Seeing you can't go and look at pictures, here is one to put a smile on your face :)

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 5:39 AM

I don't know what's happening. There's been no sign on the front page of any looming major change since the gallery section was revamped. Yes, things go wrong, but this looks more like some seriously inept planning. This should have been main-page, banner-headline, news all week, if it were a properly-planned upgrade. But there isn't anything I've seen that looks like a sudden system failure.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 6:11 AM

I know they moved to a new server yesterday or the day before in an attempt to increase the speed, that accounts for the "camelot" in the address now for some of the links. But not sure about the rest. I had thought the forums were already fixed and weren't going to be undergoing anything other than bug fixes as needed.

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:18 AM

Renderosity has moved into suicide mode. Why are they dropping all these subtle hints - why not just tell us to all clear off and spend our money elsewhere?  On average I spend around $3000 per year here but I'm not spending another penny until this mess is cleaned up.

I too feel sorry for the merchants - this must be their worst nightmare. And take a look at all of the top artists who are saying goodbye - the site will run fast soon because there will be no members on it!

How can the management allow this to happen? This is supposed to be a professional business not a hobbyist site. I bet the other sites in our community are laughing their socks off and so they should. The poor moderators have got their hands full and I wouldn't want their jobs right now - they're getting the stick for things way out of their control. We know it's not your fault but we have to moan at someone and you happen to be in the line of fire but we do appreciate your work..

I am quite a patient person but enough is enough!

Nothing works here - take the site down for a week and fix it. 

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:27 AM

bogwoppet wrote:

Quote -I too feel sorry for the merchants - this must be their worst nightmare. And take a look at all of the top artists who are saying goodbye - the site will run fast soon because there will be no members on it!

Yes, when I was trying to look at the new releases in the store earlier, everytime I clicked on a thumbnail it didn't take me to the product page...just a dumb 404 Error page...grrrrrrr

I haven't been able to even get back into the galleries, so I haven't heard about artists who are leaving...can you fill us in? who's leaving??

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:34 AM

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!
I've had my say.
CrimsonMoon

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 7:36 AM

A comment in the galleries mentioned that several 'Big' names were leaving but din't specify who, however Stonemason has just uploaded his last image because of the new galleries and I'm sure more will follow soon. We can't afford to lose artist like Stonemason.

pearce ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:01 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 8:03 AM

Well I'm no big banana on this site, but I have been spending more time over at 3DC and posting images there rather than here, mostly because here is getting like you never know the opening hours :)

Wouldn't say I'm leaving though.

Also I like the light background -- it's how I've always had it.

m.

p.s. why does cliff-dweller write really, really tiny like he/she's whispering? :D

DCArt ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:07 AM

I truly feel for the merchants.

Remember that scene from Animal House, during the parade that went crazy, when Kevin Bacon was standing in the midst of a frantic crowd of scurrying people saying "All is well!" ?

Well ... it's not. LOL

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:34 AM

file_345485.jpg

**pearce wrote:**

Quote -
p.s. why does cliff-dweller write really, really tiny like he/she's whispering? :D

Oh, that's just toooo funny!! :lol: I'm really sorry about that...didn't realize that's what's been happening. Yesterday I spent quite a bit of time fiddling with the darn CSS coding to try to make the really tiny font (which seems to be the default size for the whole site now) bigger when I view it. Anyway, when I viewed it my forum post is actually larger than the original post by bogwoppet (not a criticism of bogwoppet, just the darn system)...click on pic to see what I mean...anyway, my apologies...hope this entry is better 😊

Most of the time, the forum entries as I see them are made larger by the CSS settings I've changed in my profile, but some of them still come through in this itsy-bitsy tiny font that I find very hard to read after awhile. If anyone can suggest how I can fix that on my end (I have my browser's text size way up, too, but that doesn't seem to affect it at all...must be hard-coded or whatever the right term is)...

anyway, again...sorry 'bout that...Jen (definitely a "she" 😄)

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:41 AM · edited Fri, 16 June 2006 at 9:42 AM

Quote - pearce wrote:

Quote -

...anyway, my apologies...hope this entry is better 😊

Now it's too freakin' big!  LOL!

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:01 AM

file_345486.gif

ROFL!! Is this size better, then??

**TerraDreamer wrote:[**quote]

Now it's too freakin' big!  LOL!

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:04 AM

It's perfect - but then I liked your little 'whisper' text, it was cute and feminine :)  - I could read the larger version from the other side of the room LOL

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:18 AM

bogwoppet wrote:

Quote - I could read the larger version from the other side of the room LOL

:lol: :lol: :lol: Oh, that's just toooo funny...thanks for the big smile you gave me!!

(kept it tiny for you!! 😊)

pearce ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 12:23 PM

"..I liked your little 'whisper' text, it was cute and feminine :) "

Oh don't say that, she'll change the font colour to barbie pink and it'll be impossible to read against my white background :)

It's typographic anarchy here now :)

{@bogwoppet -- I still haven't finished that Clyde puffer model. One day maybe...}

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 1:23 PM

Quote - "..I liked your little 'whisper' text, it was cute and feminine :) "

Oh don't say that, she'll change the font colour to barbie pink and it'll be impossible to read against my white background :)

"Hi," pearce! :blink:  😄

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 16 June 2006 at 10:50 PM

Quote - A comment in the galleries mentioned that several 'Big' names were leaving but din't specify who, however Stonemason has just uploaded his last image because of the new galleries and I'm sure more will follow soon. We can't afford to lose artist like Stonemason.

I sincerely do hope to post here again..just for now it feels more like the website is on show & not the art being posted here.

for now ..I'm better served elsewhere

Cheers

Stefan

*big name...*hahaha...:unsure:

Cg Society Portfolio

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 17 June 2006 at 12:10 AM · edited Sat, 17 June 2006 at 12:11 AM

" I sincerely do hope to post here again..just for now it feels more like the website is on show & not the art being posted here.

for now ..I'm better served elsewhere

Cheers

Stefan

*big name...*hahaha... "

Isn't it ironic being that we are the users/customers how that we are better served elsewhere since not just the software but the sevice of it is on show here as well.

:sad:  Sigh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.