Fri, Sep 20, 4:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:32 pm)

Subject: Any new Poser FEMALE figures coming?

3DNeo ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:10 PM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 9:00 AM

Just wondering what the current word is on any NEW FEMALE figures for Poser? It has been years and we are STILL working with V3 and S3. Is DAZ ever going to do anything at all or simply wait until they are FORCED to do something? Are they having money or designer issues? Just wondering because PCs are more and more powerful every year. I have 2GB of memory and 1 terabyte of storage just sitting and waiting. Right now, I'm just bored working with V3/S3 and thought surely there would be some fantastic NEW female figures out by now.

If anyone has any info or details please reply. I just hope something will happen soon because the market is stagnent as far as new figures go.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

Fugazi1968 ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:27 PM

I got bored with the millenium figures ages ago, thats why I moved over to to the efrontier line, they have a new range of male figures coming, which look really great.  not sure what they are doing with the femme figures.  I really like Miki though, she has some joint issues but is a very naturalistic figure.

John

Fugazi (without the aid of a safety net)

https://www.facebook.com/Fugazi3D

plus3d ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 12:52 PM

file_351476.JPG

Have you tried G1 (Gloria 1.0). She is beautiful !

Plus3D
My freebies at Renderosity - CLICK HERE :)

richardson ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 1:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1169154&member

Here's a new one I'm familiar with. She will debut in Maya with weight mapping and a skin 12,000x4000. Thereabouts. A splined back perhaps.. Tendons and muscle deformers... Here's a link to her new cage (old pic). It will be a high res mesh for deformations. Totally new concepts in some areas... She will be heavy but she will do amazing things...

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2659370         Cage/Maya

The same cage will be boned by me for Poser. JCM's to handle deformations, I hope. Not as pretty and not as heavy as the Maya version but, with plenty of FBMs. I've enclosed a pic of a practice run on the original mesh muscles. Just an example of a FBM that may be possible. Fine details I hope to achieve with displacement maps and keep the mesh lighter...

This will be in testing this fall, I hope. She will be like no other. And she will bend like no other.

Parthius/richardson

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 2:52 PM

3DNeo,

Have you tried Aiko 3 or Jessi/Glamorous Jessi?  If you don't like Aiko's head, there is a way of replacing it with Victoria 3's or Stephanie 3's head.  There's a lot of nice clothes available for Aiko, free and pay.  Jessi/Glamorous Jessi is more of a challenge, but excellent results are possible.

3DNeo ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 4:00 PM

Thanks for the replies so far. I should've said that I was ONLY interested in realistic renderings so that rules out some of the others like Aiko and such. I am looking for something that goes WELL beyond current V3/S3 figures capable of doing. Their rigging just is not that good for some poses, like sitting in extreme positions, leg bends, etc. Also, I'm wanting more realism in my figures. The PC tech has been there for a good while now as my system specs are WAY beyond what is now on the market.

Just hoping for other designers to bring some NEW realistic figures that will blow V3/S3 way away. Hopefully it will be more than just talk and happen soon.

Jeff

Development on: Mac Pro 2008, Duel-Boot OS - Snow Leopard 10.6.6 & Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon , 10GB 800 MHz DDR2 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT.

nakamuram ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 5:02 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_351505.jpg

Aiko can be realistic, especially if you swap heads with V3 or S3.  Except for her shoulders which cut into her back, she bends a lot better than V3 does.

3DNeo ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 7:11 PM

Papa:

Yes, I have seen those, but the Spaki one is basically just updated morphs for the V3 head I was told awhile back. The Kaimira figure and others have been in the works for over a year or more now. One can only believe a new figure when it actually is released because there have been talk and teases for a LONG time now. However, nothing ever comes to market. Yes, I know it takes time and a lot of work, I'm just making general statements of talk of NEW female figures has been just that for a very long time now. Hopefully at least one or two will eventually make it to market in the next 6 months. One can hope. :)

Jeff

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 19 August 2006 at 7:15 PM

I'm begining to feel the desperate need to get away from all the Vickies this is some great stuff.

:biggrin:

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 3:44 AM · edited Mon, 21 August 2006 at 3:46 AM

I'm working on making a remapped version of  Traveler's Eve4 to take Vicky 2 textures.  Cloned with NEA's head, or even as a retextured version of Stahlratte's Evelyn, it should offer some renewed possibilities. 
Whether this helps or not, I don't know, but it should be nice.
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Phantast ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 5:06 AM

The one thing that is needed, IMO, is a figure that can take a greater range of positions without deforming badly. V3 is streets ahead of V1-2, Posette, Eve etc in that regard, but still rather lacking.

But I would also suggest it should be essential for a new figure to be able to use the large amount of materials (textures, clothes) that are out there. I'm really not interested in buying everything twice over to support a new figure.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 21 August 2006 at 3:27 PM · edited Mon, 21 August 2006 at 3:31 PM

if you look at that pic, the spanki figure has folds at the waist that v3 never does.  everything i've seen and read has pointed to spanki creating a unique, non-daz based character with an emphasis on realistic joints and bending.  but maybe i misunderstood.

edited to add: in fact, the caption of the picture says:
"Figure modelled, grouped and UV-mapped in Cinema 4D, rigged in Poser, textured by Fatale and [spanki]."

so not v3.

Starkdog ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 12:37 AM

Do not forget, that there is also Elle by Neftis, Farris by Kirwyn, and PHFemale by Sixus1Media.  I have and use all of them.  I really like using different ranges of figures, as it is way to easy to see a render and tell that it is V3 in a canned pose. -Starkdog

3DNeo ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 1:07 AM

What I'm most interested in is a more REALISTIC figure that goes well beyond current ones such as V3/S3. My PC is well beyond what has been in use for Poser figures for some time now. I'm looking for better rigging and more human realism in my figures. PC's become more and more powerful each passing year, yet there is a fundimental lack of development in the Poser community for NEW figures to keep pace. Personally we should be on V5/S5 by now so that's what is so darn frustrating. I just hope someone can take the market by storm and make a truly HIGH-END female figure for Poser sometime soon since nothing ever changes for years.

Jeff

Phantast ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 5:18 AM

You might be able to load one ultra-high-end figure, but frankly, I hit resource problems with just three V3 figures loaded together.

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 12:07 PM

Quote - Papa:

Yes, I have seen those, but the Spaki one is basically just updated morphs for the V3 head I was told awhile back. The Kaimira figure and others have been in the works for over a year or more now. One can only believe a new figure when it actually is released because there have been talk and teases for a LONG time now. However, nothing ever comes to market. Yes, I know it takes time and a lot of work, I'm just making general statements of talk of NEW female figures has been just that for a very long time now. Hopefully at least one or two will eventually make it to market in the next 6 months. One can hope. :)

...as cobaltsdream mentions above, my model is not based on V3 in any way - it's a new model.  As for whether/when she might ever be released... I have no news on that.

Actually, I think Daz has done some great work over the years, considering what they have to work with. V3 bends better than V2, S3 bends better than V3 and Aiko (arguably) bends better than S3, so they've made good efforts in that regard.

The problem is that they are still running into limits imposed on them by the Poser rigging system.  Barring some 'outside-the-box' solutions with clever rigging (which ie. Anton might have achieved with Apollo (I don't own it, so I can't say)), they have to rely more and more on JCMs, which some end-users and 3rd party developers will bash them for.

So I don't think your critera stated above will really be satisfied without changes within Poser itself.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:21 PM

Spanki, I thought you had a thread talking about the process of making your figure, but couldn't find it as I didn't remember her name.  I thought she also popped up during a discussion of A-pose vs. T-pose modelling.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:35 PM

i want to say that i'd rather have a character that poses great and has only dynamic clothes than a figure with mediocre joints and lots of conforming clothes that also bend poorly.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 4:44 PM

I'm mildly surprised that nobody has mentioned V4 in this thread -- at least not directly.  Supposedly she's coming.  I'm not sure when.  Hopefully soon.

Perhaps in sequence with the release of P7.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 6:05 PM

Xeno, so little is known about V4 except for the fact that she might be released next month.  I wouldn't hold your breath for P7 coming any time soon...

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 7:06 PM

I'd say that V4 will be the one to watch -- that figure, and the market's reaction to it,  will define a lot about where the overall Poser market is headed. 

As for P7: it'll come when it comes.  I'm already planning on parting with some cash to upgrade to Vue 6I -- and I've got enough going on with Lightwave to keep me busy otherwise.  So I'll wait on P7 for as long as it takes.  But I'm still looking forward to it's release.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Tue, 22 August 2006 at 7:49 PM

LOL...I totally agree with you about V3.  I'm laughing at all these posts where people are saying they don't want another figure.  When V4 comes out, she's going to take over.

Phantast ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 7:42 AM

Quote - When V4 comes out, she's going to take over.

That's certainly possible, but I wouldn't bank on it. Wait until your chickens are hatched ...

rofocale ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 2:37 PM

nakamuram

So how do you replace Aiko´s head with another figures head?

Is there a tutorial..?

I know some ways to do that but the result usually isn´t satisfying.

nakamuram ( ) posted Wed, 23 August 2006 at 9:09 PM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net/freestuff.htm

rofocale,

I had a swap heads tutorial, but Kamilche wrote a python script called "Shapeshifter" to swap the heads of Unimesh Figures.  It is available at PhilC's website.  Click on the link and scroll to the bottom of the page.

rofocale ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 2:36 PM

nakamuram...Domo Arigato!

nakamuram ( ) posted Thu, 24 August 2006 at 9:21 PM

Denada y Rotsa Ruck!!

Spanki ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 5:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2335336&page=1

> Quote - Spanki, I thought you had a thread talking about the process of making your figure, but couldn't find it as I didn't remember her name.  I thought she also popped up during a discussion of A-pose vs. T-pose modelling.

Hi PBM,

I've been fairly vague about her name :).  I think the thread you're thinking of is this one.

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 6:36 AM

Who was it who predicted a year or so ago that James and Jessi would dominate the market and V3 would be largely forgotten? 

I don't mind people getting excited by a new figure and the associated possibilities (Rikishi is supercool) but this person was very high-handed and very insulting to people who disagreed with them.

Miki seems to be vastly more popular than Jessi but even she ain't no V3...I think a V4 would have the best chance of toppling V3 off the throne, but it must surely be a hard battle even then...

Maybe V3 will dominate until the kinds of changes needed in Poser are made to allow a true passing of the crown? (I think nearly everyone will buy V4, but wouldn't V3 still be the easiest to use in terms of setting up a render and costume etc)

Cheers

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 10:02 AM

Quote - Who was it who predicted a year or so ago that James and Jessi would dominate the market and V3 would be largely forgotten?  

That thought also crossed my mind ... and it's not as if e-frontier didn't have V3 and M3 to learn from, either.

3rdimension ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 10:52 AM · edited Fri, 25 August 2006 at 10:56 AM

apparently there was discussion about V4 at the artzone a few weeks ago from the featured Chat, speakers Dan Farr and Chris Creek. They spoke about a few of the new features that V4 will entail. I wasn't at the featured chat, so I wouldn't know what V4 new features will be, but I wouldn't be too surprised if many are pleased by the new upgrade designs to it.

I don't think there will be much discussion about it either till "it's" arrival. No pun intended considering she can turn into Michael in V3. LOL!  Just a lot of speculation or guessing or hoping what the new features will be.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 4:00 PM

It was hardly predicted that James and Jessi would take over.  Rather it was hoped that they would be sufficiently developed to be viable alternatives to unimesh.  While they are useful and interesting characters, they do not have nearly the same level of innovation.

As irritated as I have been with the unimesh, it has been a rather novel and innovative development in the poser world.  From Dan's chat, it was mentioned that V4 will have high and low res versions, a V3 clothing fit, new hands, feet, & muscle groups.

Phantast ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 4:04 PM

Quote - From Dan's chat, it was mentioned that V4 will have high and low res versions, a V3 clothing fit, new hands, feet, & muscle groups.

V-e-r-y sensible. These guys at Daz ain't stupid.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 4:11 PM

Heheh, that was the memorable insanity of it: that person did actually make a formal prediction of "this time next year" or words to that effect. It stuck with me because I knew with the nature of forums you should be able to quote them a year on and rub their noses in it (only because they were so snotty about it though - like I said, I get the whole new-figure infatuation thing).

If only I could remember who it was...

I think they had a sig that was all:

: : (person's name) : :

Weird dots and I think all caps on the name? Haven't seen it for a while so maybe they split before the year's prediction was proven wrong, ha!

Cheers

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 25 August 2006 at 11:20 PM

If Jessi was more normal (body similar to Miki and head less alien-shaped), and she and James had been rigged properly, there may have been a slight chance they could have "taken over".

Phantast ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 6:32 AM

... and if they could have used V3 textures/clothes.

Safetyman ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 5:59 PM

Have you guys seen this (Make Human Project): http://www.dedalo-3d.com/index.php Free open source figure creation tool. If you have a modeling program, you can come up with some neat figures that are a departure from V3, A3, etc.

fls13 ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 10:57 PM

Have you guys seen this (Make Human Project): http://www.dedalo-3d.com/index.php

This has been pretty tightly tied to the Blender world and haven't checked them out in awhile, but they seem to be moving forward impressively.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 26 August 2006 at 11:30 PM · edited Sat, 26 August 2006 at 11:33 PM

Quote - ... and if they could have used V3 textures/clothes.

Actually, no. Every figure I've seen that can wear V3 clothes looks so much like Vicki (and usually without much, if any, improvement) that I ask myself "why would someone bother to do this?". The answer is probably "because the Poser community (thinks that it) wants it", although people who ask for this type of thing in new figures are being dishonest with themselves.

Why is is this self-defeating dishonesty? Well, look what has happened to the figures released so far that wear V3 clothes...crickets chirping...

What needs to happen for any new figure(s) to really take off is more of a community effort at the beginning than anything else, and the figure(s) should NOT resemble V3/M3/etc or wear their clothes (without conversion through something like PhilC's WW, at least). They should, however, be realistic looking (like the CP figures, but with better rigging).

If all you want is a new head, there are a few of those around, and they seem to have actually done better in the long run than complete V3-clones have.

For any entirely new figures to succeed, there will need to be plenty of supporting content available at release, if not actually bundled with the figure. Look at Rikishi:

Looks like M3? no
Rigged to do gymnastics? no
Does he need to be? no
Comes with plenty of free content to give him a good start? yes
Sold like hotcakes? yes

On the other hand, look at Apollo Maximus, who sold quite well, but could have sold even more if he had been priced lower (and yes, I do know that Anton priced him that way for sound reasons). He sold as well as he did because he was a great value for the money, and was one of the few truly innovative figures. Notice he also didn't resemble any of the DAZ figures or wear their clothes.

What will have to happen is for either several merchants to collaborate on such a project for several months, or for a similar effort from modelers and figure creators within the community (either aside from the merchants, or including merchants who are willing to have the figure be free with the idea that the amount of readily available content will bring sales). All of these other one-off figures are going nowhere.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 2:11 AM

V4 is the one to watch.  She'll point out the direction -- one way or the other.

shrug  Until some stop listening to the "I hate perfect supermodels!" and "I want to see more 'ordinary' figures !" vocalizing -- and take a look at what actually sells; as opposed to what some claim should sell......until that happens:

Victoria in her various incarnations will continue to drive the market.  An example for everyone else to envy.  Sure: other figures can sell well.  "Well" being a relative term.  But in V3 territory?  No.  Not even close.  And there's no big mystery as to why.

Not until they are dragged.......kicking and screaming.........into admitting to the Big Secret.  The Big (and darkly mysterious) Secret being that attractive female models will always outsell all of the others by wide margins.  And that stuff made for attractive female models will outsell the rest, too.

That's one prediction that can be made with 100% accuracy.  The only way to beat Victoria would be to 'out-Victoria' Victoria.......not to offer a komquat on the theory that everyone really ought to like komquats.  Victoria will continue to laugh all of the way to the bank.  And I don't blame her.

We'll see what V4 looks like.  I'll pick her up just as soon as she's available.  Most other Poser addicts will, too -- but they probably won't talk about it much in the forums.  You'll be more likely to see the results in the galleries.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:02 AM

"Komquat"...I love that word...

Yeah V3 is the star, all the others are supporting cast I guess...some are brilliant "character actors"...

Cheers

tekn0m0nk ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:18 AM

My only wish is that some time in the 'V' series they will release a cage version of the Vicky mesh. So that those of us who use other apps to render her would be able to use her more efficiently.  Right now i have to deal with a 70k poly mesh that is a b**** to manipulate/render or get by with a low quality low rez alternative. A 10-15k mesh that has the same sorta morphs and nice topology would not only look nicer in the apps i use (after making it a SubD) but also render much faster for me. Poser has a smooth mesh feature too now doesnt it ? If so it would also benefit i think.

Ah well one can hope...

Phantast ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:23 AM

What about the current reduced resolution versions? I find them quite handy in Vue.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:32 AM · edited Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:37 AM

file_352349.jpg

As someone said earlier - V4 will come in 3 versions - one being a SubD-ready version. Poser has always had a smoothing function but not actual subD - so a higher-rez mesh was necessary for morphing and general sihouette smoothness.

...see if I can upload the V4 hi-rez head preview pic:

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 5:38 AM

file_352350.jpg

Here's the V4 Reduced Rez preview...this might be the SubD version also? not sure as only 2 pics were posted at Artzone apparently.

Cheers

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:06 AM · edited Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:18 AM

have to disagree with your notion of  "supermodelness" is why vicky sells.  she sells because she's the norm.  she sells because of the circular model of the market - everyone buys vicky because all the content is for her, and all the content is for her because everyone buys vicky.  after vicky who are the most popular figures (as far as i can tell from galleries, merchandise, etc.)? the specialized and petite aiko and the ordinary looking miki.  and miki has what, 1/100th the support of v3?  but is still highly prominent in the galleries?  even aiko trails v3, and she's got a lot of support.

if anything, i'd have to say that the ordinary look sells better due to how well miki does.  after all, her looks is just about all she has on v3.  it's certainly not joints or morphs that sell her.  it certainly isn't cost since v3 is now free.  it sure as hell isn't merchant or freebie support- v3 wins that hands down as i mentioned.  if you were right, products like rikishi, miki and koji wouldn't even be on the map, let alone as popular as they are.

i mean, come on, when most merchants explicitly announce that they're going to support v4 when she comes out, and when daz has a history of pairing with artists for a 20 and 30 product launch, what do you think is going to happen?    i know i bought v3 with an expectation that the community would support her as they did  v2.   that i could wait months to buy a texture because free ones would be released immediately.  that i could wait to buy clothes because there would also be free clothes.  and i was right.

one reason apollo sold as well as he did was the flexibility he came packaged with and the initial support of several key merchants.

i would be willing to put money down that any female figure that has

• Decent realism
  • Good expressions
  • Full facial and body morph capability
  • Support from all the following merchants: Capsces, ElorOnceDark, Aery Soul, Luthbel, Morris, ExprssnImg, Shahara, Lourdes, Thorne, Sarsa, Mada, Blackhearted, Quarker, Posermatic, BATLAB, idler168, hongyu and AprilYSH

would more than give vicky a run for her money.  but even though i've only named 18 merchants out of the hundreds out there, i'm pretty sure only one figure presently fits the bill.  there are other permutations for success, but basically, if enough popular merchants do quality work for a figure, it will become popular.  even with gumby shoulders, bent straw arms, thighs that flatten when sitting, mediocre expressions, and almost no ability to acheive true supermodel thinness (excluding jim burtons add-ons which are basically new figures).  vicky's built like an amazon with a huge chest, broad shoulders and a wide body, not the clothes hangers supermodels are.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:35 AM · edited Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:38 AM

But you're just describing another Daz/V3 situation - not a real alternative. And any new company coming into the market and duplicating the DAZ mode of doing business isn't going to have the DAZ track record of product support behind them - Apollo is a case in point - he lasted a year before being yanked away: so much for an M3 alternative.

Unless big guys like 3D Max or Maya released a cheap hobbyist version of their software tomorrow with included super-rigged figures and 100 pieces of clothing each, textures etc etc with advanced, but easy to use, posing functions and a content store to support it all you're always going to be dealing with the DAZ business model and the limitations of Poser itself as a determining factor in the marketplace. Because DAZ has D|S in development there's always a chance they'll pull something really amazing out of the bag with one of their new figures.

I'd argue the supermodel thing too - from the art here and elsewhere - hobbyist 3D artists WANT big Amazon girls not sickly little Kate Moss clones or the more lanky supermodel types. The want Valjello (sp?) and Royo type Fantasy-Art girls. And as someone else said, it's more the vocal minority clamouring for "real" looking girls - which is probably more indicative of them wanting to get their poser art away from the "stock" look, which I can fully understand.

Cheers

mickmca ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 7:44 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity, violence

The fact that we eat more MacBurgers than broccoli does not mean MacBurgers are better, or that we should shut up and eat more of them. CobaltDream hits the nail on the head. People buy crappy fuel-guzzling cars because that's what the car makers sell. And they support Vickie because she is the fries and diluted Coke of 3D. And she is designed to support soft-core wet dreams of randy Victorians, who are shuffling around and panting somewhere in the back of every American male mind.

That said, I like the looks of V4. No doubt I will buy her during the initial ludicrous, market-annihilating sale, and maybe I'll use her, though it took more than a year for me to find a reason to switch from SP3 and Judy to V3 for even a single project. One reason I expect to buy her is that it looks likely that e-F will fails to improve Jessi and Miki as throughly as they seem to have missed the mark with the G2 men, and I doubt if Anton will have come out of his sulk and build an Aphrodite as fine as Apollo.

And it's "kumquat," not "komquat."

M

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 2:17 PM · edited Sun, 27 August 2006 at 2:19 PM

Attached Link: http://www.komquat.com/

If it attempts to go up against Victoria by being "ordinary" -- then it's a komquat.

Yes, yes......Victoria is Victorian.......that's all a given.  And anyone who produces Victorian renders is clearly suspect.  After all: they might be male or something.  And that's bad.  Maleness = childishness.  Or perhaps maleness = evil.  That's the PC formula structure of the day.  If you happen to buy into such......uh..........Victorian-envy thinking...........

Quote - she sells because of the circular model of the market - everyone buys vicky because all the content is for her

Yes -- I've heard this type of circular reasoning put forth before.  It goes something like this:  "If only more suppliers would provide baboon meat for the public markets, then the public's appetite for baboon meat would really take off!!!!!

However it's done, the results will always be the same.  And that's yet another prediction of utterly startling & stunning insight made with 100% accuracy.

Keep trying it.  And keep right on eating Victoria's dust.  Some must find it tasty - because that's what they always end up doing.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sun, 27 August 2006 at 4:17 PM

V3 dominates because the support is already existing and the interest is already established.  Despite whatever innovation the developer may have put into the figure, it's success is really dependent upon support from other merchants as it demonstrates that a market exists.  Poser merchants have not been willing to risk having a monopolized support for 3rd party figures because they haven't had to.  V3 products sell well enough that they don't have to support other figures in order to make an income in the poser business.

Victoria, in all her incarnations, has succeeded because she is a brand, a la Barbie, J.Lo and the Olsen Twins.  Whether V4, V5, or V99 are compatible with previous versions is irrelevant as the name "Victoria" represents a stable and reliable market.  (This could be where CL/EF has failed in the past by re-naming their figures with every new version of Poser). 

My issue has always been that everyone has to start somewhere.  In the past, there has been a lot of naysayers even before a figure is released to the public.  I just find it interesting that this time it's with V4 and not a 3rd party figure...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.