Mon, Sep 9, 10:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 12:29 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Rules unclear and unfair

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 12:44 PM

ROTFL!! Im thanking my lucky stars on that for sure!

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:19 PM

Welcome to page 6, in which members begin to forget the original point of the thread and start taking pot shots at each other and maybe indulge in some old score settling. Also about this time other OT posts will begin to appear and maybe the odd cat picture (odd as in occaisional... or maybe just odd cats shrugs).

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:23 PM

@jevans69...shrug...still too narrow a usage on your part...

...also I'm a bit disappointed you couldn't recognize the quote "...people either have their eyes open or their eyes closed... " surprised, in fact, considering everything else you apparently know...It has NOTHING to do with the question of whether you agree or disagree, or who's right or who's wrong. It's a statement about seeing what's...oh, nevermind...clearly just a waste of time to explain it...

@StaceyG...shrug...I re-read the thread AGAIN, and it does seem like alot of...oh, nevermind...just a waste of time to say it.

BTW, for anyone else still reading, there is a rumor going around that regarding this specific matter, this specific image...Primaltruck subsequently received an apology from an admin here and the warning was rescinded. I haven't heard this directly from him, so I can't verify it. But IF that is in fact the case, then despite what the mod/coord/admins say about their "system" to review images, in the end they still got it wrong and he was subjected to all this for nothing!

...carry on everybody...

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 1:28 PM

Cliff,

The image removal still stands as a violation of our TOS.   We didn't "get it wrong".  A human being on our team err'd in the communication sent about the removal but the removal itself , reviewed by the team, is still valid. 

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 2:00 PM

Quote - @jevans69...shrug...still too narrow a usage on your part...

Okey doke. I have no idea what you mean, then. I've got a pretty good vocabulary and access to a lot of reference works, but perhaps you know of some definition of the word that eludes me. I'm always willing to learn, though, so if you feel like sharing your usage instead of refuting me and moving on, please do.

Quote - ...also I'm a bit disappointed you couldn't recognize the quote "...people either have their eyes open or their eyes closed... " surprised, in fact, considering everything else you apparently know...

Yeah. I get that a lot. For some reason people make the leap from me being above-average-smart and a polymath to "I thought you knew everything". I don't know where that comes from. I don't recognize the quote, and I can't find it as is. Is it possible that the original was worded differently, or that you paraphrased it? Who said it, and in what context?

Quote - It has NOTHING to do with the question of whether you agree or disagree, or who's right or who's wrong. It's a statement about seeing what's...oh, nevermind...clearly just a waste of time to explain it...

Well, that sure makes it hard to have a conversation, doesn't it? If it's so clearly a waste of time, why post anything in the first place? Why not delete the post before you type it? Now, my perception is that you're wanting to appear to be martyred just a bit, above the fray and slightly wounded by it.

I get the literal meaning of the expression, I believe I understand what you intended by it, and I don't believe that it was your intention to communicate the thought that I described. I just wanted you to know that I was inferring a sub-text.

Quote - @StaceyG...shrug...I re-read the thread AGAIN, and it does seem like alot of...oh, nevermind...just a waste of time to say it.

Again, there goes the conversation stopper. I suppose we'll just leave you in your quiet corner where you can wring your hands over the injustice of it all. Time is, after all, the one precious commodity that we all have, and there's no sense in you wasting yours.

Quote - ...carry on everybody...

Thank you so much, I surely will. 😄

Captain Jack

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 2:54 PM

Quote - Welcome to page 6, in which members begin to forget the original point of the thread and start taking pot shots at each other and maybe indulge in some old score settling. Also about this time other OT posts will begin to appear and maybe the odd cat picture (odd as in occaisional... or maybe just odd cats shrugs).

Some individuals might regard OT posts in a thread like this one as being a distraction from a very important central discussion.  While in reality: OT posts bunched up at the end are the redemption of these types of threads.  Assuming, of course, that redemption is possible.

Bring on the pictures of the CATS!

@ Captain Jack (jevans69): You're good.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 3:06 PM

Quote - @ Captain Jack (jevans69): You're good.

Why, thank you. 😄

I do try. Or I'm trying. At least, I try peoples' patience. Or something like that... :lol:

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 3:18 PM

Quote - I do try. Or I'm trying. At least, I try peoples' patience. Or something like that... :lol: 

In that case: "carry on".........

😉

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 3:25 PM

I can't seem to find any pictures of my cat.........

lemur01 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 3:51 PM

My cat is black, very hard to take a decent picture of a black cat. And i suppose he's a bit odd too. He steals pens, paper clips, cigarette lighters and odd bit's of my daughter's jewelry. He takes them... somewhere. I'm not sure what he's building but it's obviously butane powered and, knowing him like i do i imagine it has something to do with world domination.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 4:12 PM

One of my cats (the black one) digs under the doorway and tears up the carpet in the process.  The other one (the grey one) knocked my lunch bag off of the kitchen table and dumped stuff out onto the floor yesterday -- just as I was about to leave for work.

Cats the world over are engaged in a universal conspiracy.  And they can all communicate with each other via telepathy.  You can tell this each time that my two cats have a "staring contest" for several minutes prior to bouts of wrestling on the floor.  They are obviously in direct mental communication with one another -- plotting to take over.  Either that, or they are insulting each other.  And thus: the scramble & fight which sometimes follows the mutual communication.

Their behavior isn't too far off of ours in some ways.

KarenJ ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 4:12 PM

Oddest cat I've seen all month:

(Click for larger original at CuteOverload.com!)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Bea ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:26 PM

Can someone please answer something for me? Was the image a nude Aiko or did she have some clothes on?

BDC ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 8:55 PM

Karen I would like for the "team" then, too explain to me why and exactly where in the copyright law it says that official press release photos put out by whitehouse.gov of the President, Vice President, U.S. flag, and United States Constitution are copyrighted and cannot be used.

All I can seem to find is the following wich indicates that they are not copyrightable.

http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#105

§ 105. Subject matter of copyright: United States Government works35
Copyright protection under this title is not available for any work of the United States Government, but the United States Government is not precluded from receiving and holding copyrights transferred to it by assignment, bequest, or otherwise.

Also, whitehouse.gov itself makes no mention anywhere of any of this material being copyrighted.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act" ~George Orwell

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 26 October 2006 at 9:50 PM

Might be better to ask that in the Copyright Forum BDC 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:24 AM

jevans69 wrote:

Quote - I suppose we'll just leave you in your quiet corner where you can wring your hands over the injustice of it all.

LOL! Do you seriously think that I'm "wringing my hands" over this? If you do, then you're not nearly as smart as you say you are.

I don't even care about this place anymore, I've moved on. It's sad to see what the site has become this past year; but, these things happen.

However I DO care about some of the members still here. When they get poorly treated, I try to stand up with them. That's why I've stopped in this thread a couple of times.

But why are YOU in this thread? You've made it clear you're tired of seeing threads where people complain about how they were treated. DON'T READ THEM, DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THEM.

You know what, the title of this thread was "Rules unclear and unfair." Oh my gosh! {shock} Somebody's complaining again. You knew it before you even clicked on the link and started reading the first word. If you're so tired of these threads, why keep reading them? Instead, I guess you (and a few other people who are also "tired of reading these threads") have decided it's your collective responsibility to enter into these discussions, make fun of the person, call them childish, maybe even derail the thread with the same old "inside jokes" with each other AND with the forum moderators & coordinators (who, by the way, should be above such behavior, but sadly are not).

Is it any surprise that many members here feel like they aren't listened to, taken seriously, treated fairly...THEY'RE NOT!

At least be honest about this point: despite your protestations to the contrary, you love these threads. They give you a chance to show everyone how smart you are, how witty you can be, how grand your debating skills are...and you can bully somebody from time-to-time if they don't happen to be able to match your forum skills. Well congratulations, you've found quite a nice home here. Enjoy it!

And by the way, the admins, moderators & coordinators don't need your "help" with these discussions...they've proven over and again that they can stand their ground in a debate.

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 2:21 AM

Hi BDC, I believe you were asked for the provenance of the photo but chose to remove it? Sorry I'm not clear on all the details, the member of staff who dealt with your case is no longer on site.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 7:00 AM

Quote - LOL! Do you seriously think that I'm "wringing my hands" over this? If you do, then you're not nearly as smart as you say you are.

No, of course I don't think that. I was trying to provoke you into responding, because i was afraid you'd given up. 😄

Quote - But why are YOU in this thread? You've made it clear you're tired of seeing threads where people complain about how they were treated. DON'T READ THEM, DON'T PARTICIPATE IN THEM.

I have? Hmmm... then I need to state things differently, because that's really not my feeling at all. I'm not at all tired of the threads. Heck, I took almost a year off from posting at all (got distracted with personal matters) and I only recently started posting again this past September. I'm not yet tired of any of it. In fact, I'm not particularly "tired" of anything; my annoyance stems entirely from the method of complaint used by primaltruck, and then the subsequent inaccuracies and misconceptions posted by other people. He's complaining about what bugs him in his way, and I'm complaining about what bugs me in my way. Simple as that, really.

Quote - You know what, the title of this thread was "Rules unclear and unfair." Oh my gosh! {shock} Somebody's complaining again. You knew it before you even clicked on the link and started reading the first word. If you're so tired of these threads, why keep reading them? Instead, I guess you (and a few other people who are also "tired of reading these threads") have decided it's your collective responsibility to enter into these discussions, make fun of the person, call them childish, maybe even derail the thread with the same old "inside jokes" with each other AND with the forum moderators & coordinators (who, by the way, should be above such behavior, but sadly are not).  Is it any surprise that many members here feel like they aren't listened to, taken seriously, treated fairly...THEY'RE NOT! At least be honest about this point: despite your protestations to the contrary, you love these threads. They give you a chance to show everyone how smart you are, how witty you can be, how grand your debating skills are...and you can bully somebody from time-to-time if they don't happen to be able to match your forum skills. Well congratulations, you've found quite a nice home here. Enjoy it!

Guilty as charged. 😄 I am smart, I have an excellent vocabulary, I like talking and typing, I like interacting with people in this format, because it gives me the time to think through my responses and (try at least) to make my meaning clear. I'm a showoff and I crave attention and approval. I'm also aware that much of my behavior is annoying to some people the way temper tantrums are to me. I'm not apologizing nor asking anyone else to apologize.

As to this particluar thread, I will say that it was my original intention to not get involved; I actually initially only responded to a bit of humor (made by a member toward a mod, not the mod herself, I would like to note). This was a bit rude, since it effectively constituted "hijacking the thread". However, I could already tell that primaltruck was not going to get the "Oh, poor baby" comments that he so clearly (to me) was searching for, and I thought that throwing in a little humor might help ease the situation. My post was followed up with a further rant by primaltruck, which I felt was aimed in part at me. The manner of the post, it's tone, and my mood all gelled into a compulsion on my part to reply. And, reply I did, in a nasty little sarcastic tone that I found to be quite funny (yes, I often amuse myself). It snowballed from there. I subsequently found people posting information based on assumptions about why the TOS exists, which is not related to the action taken by the admins, and making suggestions that are not workable. I then felt compelled to reply to those statements.

And, yes, it does give me a chance to show off how smart I am. Thank you for noticing. 😄

Hmm... now let's address that word "bully". I don't want to get into another debate over the meaning of words, but I do want to point out that primaltruck fired the first salvo. If you go into a crowded room waving a gun, and don't allow for the fact that there might be a better gunslinger in the room who could take exception to it, then I'd have to call you ill-prepared. I am not without compassion; in fact, quite the opposite, despite appearances to the contrary in this thread. I am, however, quite capable of having my "buttons pushed" and becoming irate, and even occasionally firing off a forum post without thinking it through. (I don't know if you noticed, but no moderator came over to pat me on the head to say "there, there, it's okay", either). Since you don't know me, and I haven't made it clear up to this point, when I get irate, I become extremely sarcastic. It may have been apparent from primaltruck's initial post that he was angry; it was possibly not apparent from my "Unholy Demon of All That Is Unfair and Wrong" post that I was every bit as irate. But I was. I'm better now, and just enjoying the opportunity to talk to people.

Quote - And by the way, the admins, moderators & coordinators don't need your "help" with these discussions...they've proven over and again that they can stand their ground in a debate.

I never thought they needed my help, and I'm not attempting to defend them. I have given my opinion about their behavior, which seems to be quite different from your opinion. My musing about why you were taking shots at them was really a shot in the direction of people in general who complain about the admins, when the admins have put themselves in a position of limiting how they respond to such words. I would like to thank you for aiming your comments directly at me. While the admins may be able to "stand their ground" in a debate, I'm aiming to take the whole hill and put my flag on it. 😄

Captain Jack

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 7:06 AM

Quote - Karen I would like for the "team" then, too explain to me why and exactly where in the copyright law it says that official press release photos put out by whitehouse.gov of the President, Vice President, U.S. flag, and United States Constitution are copyrighted and cannot be used.

I did some digging and couldn't come up with all of the definitive facts, but I can tell you that the copyright to photographs resides with the photographer. One example that comes to mind is that, the photographer might be acting as a private contracter who subsequently transfered his rights to the government. In that example, the copyright issue would apply. I don't know if that is the actual situation, and there may be other nuances of copyright and ownership law that describe the circumstances. However, I wanted to throw out a possibility.

Captain Jack

Primal ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 9:17 AM

i thought it was a pretty good complaint as at least 10 of my friends have left due to the unclear rules and another 20 or so banned either from the marketplace or the galleries because they did what they always do....Post art.i am sorry you think i am having a tantrum....If you read it that way..i didnt mean it to come off like that..it is still very frustrating..but the facts remain...the majority of people i deal with here are unhappy (to say the least) with what this place is becoming ,,very prude in its nature, and it wasnt like this before..and you say "Why do you stay then?Its because of the friends we have made here and the fun that we have had here ..we would like it to continue to be a fun place to post art and learn...but having to guess or get permission every time we want to post Aiko or the girl or any character young and innocent is a pain in the ass..i have gone to other sites and i dont see much difference in their TOS ..it is just the way it is carried out...and yes i did get an appology,and i except that,thank you,but it was for a mistake made when i was notified,and took them 5 days to notice..and i didnt get a warning because it was a first time i had had any images removed(except for one along time ago when i didnt understand the TOS)and again that was a mistake..but i have at least 100 images in my gallery that are just as young looking and mostly naked and are done to be cute..but like most men i love young looking woman..NOT CHILDREN..(My wife still gets carded at 49 going to clubs)I have raised 6 girls and i know the difference and nothing would bother me more than to see children depicted this way..but these images that are being removed dont depict children..i have seen them..with my eyes..and in every case i have seen i have disagreed with the team.. 

Cliff dweller i have to agree with you, that guy is here to show off his intellegence..well i only have a 6th grade education..so i wont try an argue with him..as he is already sure that i am a baby just venting in my tantrum..i see the forum is just a fun place for many and i wouldnt want to spoil anyones fun..I am just an old hippy that sees people being treated unfairly (myself included)and would like to help..but i am not sure if saying anything here has really helped with the usual forum antics defusing it..

i even saw a picture that was removed from a contest here because the Zombies were nude..and they were just bones and dripping flesh,,no genitalia..i tell you,I laughed out loud at that one..

and i now understand why people stay away from the forums and i appologize to anyone who i might have offended over all of this...This is a Fantastic source of Frustration..

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 10:57 AM

I've stayed away from this so far because it's the same old, same old but I come in now with a suggestion for the peeps that don't like how the place is run and this isn't a sarcastic suggestion, just one that I think has merit:

If you don't like how the place is run by the current set of moderators and coordinators, next time there is a vacancy, apply for it and start to make changes from within. Of course it would need more than one of you to do this and would probably be very difficult to achieve!

At the very least, it would give you some insight into how and why things are done the way they are and also what a thankless and difficult task they have, they are for the most part volunteers and freely give up their own time to do it, how many of us would be prepared to do that?

I for one, and I don't believe I'm in a minority think that in general the site is run very well and with a site as big as this has become, some small blips will surely happen occasionally!

No malice intended to anyone and posted in good faith and I would hope it would be seen in that way!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 12:49 PM

Awwwww, man.....and here I was hoping that the discussion about cats would have done for it.

At least the perennial debate over nudity has now shifted somewhat.  It's no longer over precisely the same issue that it used to be (most of the time).  However: the formulaic nature of such threads yet remains with us in full evidence.  And we've now gotten down to the "bitterness & hurt feelings" segment of the thread.

BTW - in spite of what some contend, this isn't the only website with these kinds of rules in place.  In fact, there are other major websites with even stricter rules in place.  It should be enlightening to note that the "restrictive" websites also happen to be -- far and away -- the largest of the Poser-related websites.  Other issues totally aside -- there must be a reason.

Please -- do yourself a favor and talk about your cat.

Primal ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:09 PM

We had to get rid of our cat because of all the ferrel cats were we live were beating him up..now he lives in luxury in the Village and is pampered by my mother in law..His name is pumpkin.I think hes the luckiest cat in the world.

Primal ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:10 PM

Hey now i do feel better!

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:17 PM

I have just dogs. And now? :b_confused:

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:24 PM

Quote - ....Post art.i am sorry you think i am having a tantrum....If you read it that way..i didnt mean it to come off like that..

Well hello there... I was afraid you'd run off. You certainly don't have to apologize; I was the one who flew off the handle about it. You have every right to lodge your complaints the way you see fit. I perceived it as a tantrum based on the way it was worded; all we have to go on about each other is the words we write.

Quote - it is still very frustrating..but the facts remain...the majority of people i deal with here are unhappy (to say the least) with what this place is becoming ,,very prude in its nature, and it wasnt like this before..

That's very interesting to me... the majority of the people I deal with here are very happy about the way the place is run, and thinks the place is just becoming better all the time. It makes me wonder how much of our knowledge of the other people's feelings are real and how much is colored by our own perceptions. At the very least, we certainly hang out with different people.

[quote[weller i have to agree with you, that guy is here to show off his intellegence..

Well, yes, but that's only a side benefit. My main reason for being in this thread was the same reason you were here; to vent my frustration. My guess is you see your frustration as being valid and important, whereas mine is, well, something else. I don't know for sure, obviously, but that's my guess. Now, if by "here" you mean at R'osity in general, my main goal is to help other people out and to get help of my own from time to time. I wandered into this thread because, like you, I was irate about something. I've continued to post in the thread because I'm stubborn, full of myself, and I like to get the last word in.

I can't help being what I am, and I don't really have any way to change however smart I am or appear to be (despite many protestations from other people to the contrary over the years). We all are what we are, and I don't know any other way to be, really.

Quote - is already sure that i am a baby just venting in my tantrum..

Now, the only thing I've really said that can be said with surety about me is that I hate temper tantrums. Even though I perceive that you were throwing one, I in no way have the idea that you are normally like that, or that you do or do not behave that way in other aspects of your life. Like Isaid above, I don't know anything about you, except what you've written. And the same goes the other direction, of course.

Quote - I'm just an old hippy that sees people being treated unfairly (myself included)and would like to help..but i am not sure if saying anything here has really helped with the usual forum antics defusing it..

Okay, that's a good thing. What are your ideas for helping? You told us how you feel, and you made some generalizations about the way the rest of us are acting. You've lodged your complaint, and you had admin responses, people coming out in support, and certainly my voice of dissent. Now that that's all behind us, how can we improve things? You say you don't approve of improper images of children, and that's certainly something that you and I can agree on. But what's the answer? There are unscrupulous people in the world who would throw such images up here in a gallery just for a lark or to provoke people. How do we stop them? Who should decide what is and isn't an appropriate image to display here?

You say that you don't agree with the team. Okay, I can accept that. I might not agree with the team, either; I haven't seen your picture. But what positive steps can be taken to make the situation better? I've heard the phrase "common sense" bandied about, but that's not very helpful. Everyone's got a different idea of what's "acceptable" and what isn't.

For example, we couldn't use my ex-mother-in-law to decide. She'd look at your gallery and declare almost all of it as indecent, she'd say my gallery was a stupid waste of time, and she'd pull half the images on here out of spite. So, there needs to be some sort of rule by which an image can be pulled or not pulled. And there needs to be some sort of objective categorization, too... we can't just say an image will be pulled because it is or is not "offensive" or "indecent"; we have to try to be a little specific. And, as I've previously mentioned, we need to focus on the images themselves, not any particular character. I do a lot of my own modeling, and if I felt like violating a TOS based on a figure, I'd just make my own that didn't have a name.

So now that we're past the arguing, what do we do? How do help to make Renderosity a better place?

Captain Jack

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 1:27 PM

Quote - Please -- do yourself a favor and talk about your cat.

I had to give away my five cats when I began dating my now second wife... she's got allergies, so it was them or her. Much as I hated to make the decision, I realized I liked her better. 😄 Fortunately, I remain part cat myself, so it's all good.

Captain Jack

Primal ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 2:13 PM

I agree and wish i knew an answer..if i was a moderator here i would certainly not agree with the others on what i have seen, but if my uncle from Peoria was a mod nobody would have any art with women at all..so i see your point...and i can point out some very good things about renderosity too.But that would be a different thread..i think giving warnings for things that had to be discussed and decided on by a team is wrong..

i think maybe instead of threatening people with warnings..talk to them and see if you can make some changes or have them remove the art themselves without a mark against them.i feel as if is its an open threat for anyone who wants to use these characters..but i still dont have much more of an answer than this..

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:04 PM

Quote - i think maybe instead of threatening people with warnings..talk to them and see if you can make some changes or have them remove the art themselves without a mark against them.i feel as if is its an open threat for anyone who wants to use these characters..but i still dont have much more of an answer than this..

Yeah, I don't know a good answer either. I tried thinking about what I'd do if I were running a web site, and I just came up with the same basic thing they already have... make a list of exceptions that's as specific as possible, have a team of people review images to see if they meet the defined criteria without looking at the image as "art" per se, and rejecting the ones that fit.

I don't know how many images they have to review. I know they get a lot every day; heck, I can't even keep up with checking out the few galleries that I do try to get to every day or so. And I'm sure it's hard to do things "by the numbers", too, trying to say, "does this one part of this particular image make it fit that particular rule". I know that running a web business of this size and complexity is a huge job; there may not be enough income to hire all the people they'd need to do the job any differently at the present.

I doubt that any of the admins are callous people; I'm sure they'd like to be able to do everything that needs to be done in a way that never upset people. It's so hard, though; it's like the Halloween contest, and the rules that some people have objected to. The rules have to be in place to satisfy a lot of different problems, and the more people that have to be satisifed, the narrower the options are for everyone.

Or, like my Grandmother used to say, "Fair isn't getting what you want, it's when everyone else gets the same raw deal as you." 😄

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 3:14 PM

Well, the whole thing of trying to decide if a figure looks too young is actually a trying thing. At 20 I actually passed as 16 in High school. LOl So I know the mods do have it rough on deciding that. As for me, if I post Aiko it will be with second skins or some clothes. :) Bill, glad to see you're feeling a bit better about things.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

LillianH ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 6:29 PM

So now that we're past the arguing, what do we do?

How do help to make Renderosity a better place?

Oh, I'm so glad you asked...submitting cool articles, news, reviews, tutorials and such would be a wonderful way to make Renderosity a better place!

Please contact our Managing Editor, Nick Sorbin [vclaszlo] if you have something cool to share.

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

CaptainJack1 ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 8:05 PM

Thanks for the info, Lillian. 😄

Captain Jack

nickcharles ( ) posted Fri, 27 October 2006 at 11:03 PM · edited Fri, 27 October 2006 at 11:29 PM

Quote - So now that we're past the arguing, what do we do?

How do help to make Renderosity a better place?

Oh, I'm so glad you asked...submitting cool articles, news, reviews, tutorials and such would be a wonderful way to make Renderosity a better place!

Please contact our Managing Editor, Nick Sorbin [vclaszlo] if you have something cool to share.

Hey...I'll second that! ;)

Also, note that we have a monthly "Artist Accolades" feature now, as you can see this month:
http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13327

Feel free to contact me, Nick C. Sorbin anytime :)

Nick C. Sorbin
Staff Writer
Renderosity Magazine
......................................................................................................
"For every breath, for every day of living, this is my Thanksgiving."
-Don Henley

thefixer ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 2:28 AM

Not until the next time will I cry all night for you!!!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 28 October 2006 at 11:13 PM

Well, there is a character for sale in the RMP by Outoftouch and she looks young, even though she comes with a cute peekaboo bra and panty set. I am afraid to buy her because if I do a render the admins might decide she looks under 18!!

Dolphins-Dream ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 7:22 AM

Quote - Oddest cat I've seen all month:

(Click for larger original at CuteOverload.com!)

ROFL Karen, that's how both of mine sleep on the couch edge!

Mel

Suppose what we call "evidence' (the things we believe to be true) is only what we see because it is the only thing we know to look for?

anniemation ( ) posted Sun, 29 October 2006 at 7:00 PM

*Also, note that we have a monthly "Artist Accolades" feature now, as you can see this month:
*http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13327

I just read these.  Very cool!

LillianH ( ) posted Mon, 30 October 2006 at 12:44 PM

Moving to the Contest forum.

Lillian Hawkins
Marketing Manager
By serving each other, we are free.

aikofan12 ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:02 AM

You know one of my favorite artist made this complaint awhile ago, he was later banned permantly because of his young appearing Aiko (which didn't appear young to me).  I didn't understand almeida's point behind this all until I my husband found this thread. 

It is a shame that so many artist like tiqueana (something like that), webnbot, and almeidap were permantly banned from the site because someone squinted their eyes real hard and said, "too young". 

At the time of almeida's banning he was paying for gallery plus, so to post 3 images a day wasn't free for him.  That's when I stopped using my former username and quit rendo all together, my husband (this is his userID) brought me back and I thought things had changed a bit, I told almeida to ask the mods to let him back in on  a trial basis. 

There response was no response to add insult to injury when they booted him off the site, they also booted his wife and son, because they shared the same IP, not the same username, and anything they purchased was gone.  All because of a render with Aiko with breast that were wayyy too big to be called tasteful imo but not by anymeans appear underage.

Rendo has gone downhill from when I joined in 2002. 

Also the members who are permantly banned can still be found as members look for almeidap and you'll see his name listed.

He was my husband's boss, a wonderful guy to be around and a dedicated Marine.  This site's callous way to him disturbs me and should disturb all.

Cindy

Primal ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:19 AM

and why is this moved to the contest forum?..it has nothing to do with contests...just brushing this aside i see.This place is going downhill fast..and picking up speed...

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:36 AM

file_359476.jpg

Well...after all...it *"IS"* a contests...right?

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

cruzin ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 5:09 AM

Aikofan12 just sent you an IM, you can't use banned members names in the forum.  :( 

Primal ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:47 AM

there is no rule that says you cant mention the name of a banned member in the forums..and i will ask it again..why did this thread get moved from were it belonged.???all i can say is that it looks bad that you have to hide this thread in the contest anouncements..you just couldnt have a post labeled Rules unclear and unfair in the community forum...This is a load of crap.....!!!and i was just told by the head administrator that she would do anything to help..B.S.!Its when these----------start acting like gods that you better beware....Its driving good artists away...we will see you all at another site before long.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:50 AM

Quote - Aikofan12 just sent you an IM, you can't use banned members names in the forum.  :( 

And why not???   😕  

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

Primal ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 9:54 AM

after reading Cruzins IM i can see it was sarcasm..It is probably on the list of rules to make though..

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 10:01 AM

Quote - after reading Cruzins IM i can see it was sarcasm..It is probably on the list of rules to make though..

LOL Bill . :biggrin:  This would be really a Joke. A big one.
But you have still no answer? .........i ceep my thoughts

― Marcus Aurelius,

cruzin ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:28 PM

Unfortunately, no there was no sarcasm.  I had a thread removed for doing such a while back, here's the quote  "Hi there,

I have removed your thread asking about banned members from the Poser forum. We cannot discuss details of current or past members with anyone else."

maybe you can say their names ....but I'm alll about caution.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 1:50 PM

This thread got moved over here by accident when Lillian was cleaning up all the contest threads in the CC forum that shouldn't have been posted there to begin with. Since this thread got turned for a while into a contest issue and she had made some replies in here she accidentally moved it along with the other contest threads. It was an honest mistake.

I'm moving this back to the CC forum but hope that if this discussion continues on that it does so in a productive, positive way.

Thanks

drifterlee ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:38 PM

And their names were stricken from the book, their families' murdered, their village burned to the ground and salt ploughed into the fields.... Not far from that, I'm sure. Also, how can their purchases not be available just because their art was banned? That - if true - is grounds for a big fat lawsuit and lots of press releases to the media.

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:41 PM · edited Tue, 14 November 2006 at 2:43 PM

Not sure what you are referring to with most of your post Drifter, it doesn't sound like a productive, positive discussion???

As far as purchases, we have a policy in place regarding that. Always have.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.