Tue, Sep 24, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Thumbnail Policy - Please read

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 3:59 PM

Hi Ariana,

A thumbnail is supposed to be an accurate representation of the image you've posted. We aren't going to allow "censored" words, blots or blurs.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:01 PM

they HAVE explained.

15 times....oops ... 16 times....

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:02 PM

18 times...

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:02 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:04 PM

Quote - Well Giolon, your thumbnail is an accurate representation of your image, and you've placed it in the correct gallery, so I won't be removing it. Congratulations, I hope your achievement gives you a warm glow ;-)

Not exactly, Karen.  I'm just in a silly mood today. :lol:  The only thing that really bothers me about rules is when they aren't applied fairly or consistently.

Edit: I think Karen's turning this rule into a mantra up there.  "If I repeat it over and over, exactly the same, maybe they'll get it."

Did I not say in my first post of this thread that there would be a firestorm, but you didn' t have to be Nostradamus to see that coming.

What I don't get now are a couple things:

First, in my "farewell" thumbnail, Stacey classified it as "tasteful breast exposure", yet it clearly exposes much more than the example image accompanying the announcement did (not that I'll complain b/c that's how most of my thumbnails are anyway, and it was before the deadline anyway).

Second, you guys are allowing the same kind of "banned" thumbnail language in your banner ads at the top of the site.  I just saw one this morning (after the ban) with the text across it "Nude Latin Model Inside."  How about we have a little consistency across departments, eh? Or is the almighty advertising dollar strong enough to allow a little extra leniency?

I'm not so narcissistic to believe that my opinion or presence matters to you guys, but I'm no longer sure that this site will be a welcome place for art like mine in the coming future.  I'm a big believer in the slippery slope theory (once you ban nudity in thumbs, much more will come down the road), but I'll say you have handled this better than the Marketplace where you required a redo of all prior thumbnails, regardless of age, forcing many items into deletion. 

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:04 PM

Okay we have stated the guidelines and I see no need in continuing to repeat myself so if you want to continue discussions that is fine but if you have any other questions that have NOT been answered in this thread, please contact admin@renderosity.com

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:06 PM

my thumbnail IS an accurate example of the work that is inside. The work is of a female human body. The thumbnail is a descriptive of that. And most of my thumbs were of the images themselves. I didn't resize them. The few that are there, were made at a different computer. mine cannot open both poser and jasc at the same time. You keep saying the same thing over and over again without telling anyone anything. Where are the other mods? Or do YOU make the rules yourself? I have seen many thumbnails that didn;'t show the picture inside at all./ One of my favorites to date is "Sir poops alot" Are you saying that was unacceptable as well? Everyone will see things differently, but you seem to be the only one who's opinion counts at all.

mejed ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:07 PM

So  make a statement, or a point is not allowed here.   Well go ahead a deled the image, and Ill decide if Ill continue to remain a member here.  Just no more bogus reason.  If you didn`t like my thumbnail, then just be honest and say so.

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:08 PM

Oh, we expected a firestorm, giolon. Us mods were all issued special flame-retardant suits, hehe. We get them before every policy change. Because many people simply hate change and will be upset, no matter the topic. And it would be idealistic and unrealistic to expect everybody to be happy.

Regarding the banner ad you saw - I can't comment because I haven't seen it, however it sounds like one may have slipped through the net, so to speak. If you ever see a banner you think is not right, please capture the URL advertised, or the image properties of the banner, so that the Marketplace staff can look into it.

Thank you for your honest comments. I will say again that there are NO plans to "eradicate" nudity in images or anything like that.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:09 PM

Forum Moderators,
you know what..I don't need this. I don't need to post here, and I don't need to post in the galleries anymore. No big loss at all. You also don't get my extra $5.00 a month for that priviledge, and I won't buy any more products either. If all you can do is keep repeating
yourself like a broken record, and not telling me what is the problem with my thumb, then
I don't need to be a part of the whole mess.  Your job, is to help any of us to truly understand
the problem or change. If I tell you I see nothing wrong, and ask you to point it out, and you refuse by virtue of repeating the thing that is confusing because of it's VAGUE terminology, then you let me down.
That's it, I won't be treated like an adolescent drawing dirty pictures in my math book.
Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:19 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:21 PM

Every one who saids tits count for hits are full of it. And I have noticed most people saying that tits count for hits hardly comment on any images in the gallery.

This is my most popular image as of yet. http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1360161&member

before it there was this one, one of my very  first posts in the gallery
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1323430&member

sure she was nude but that is not what people were paying attention too

the renders I and many people look at least are the ones with large breast. I saw its not the quantity of comments or views but the quality.

this is why I am either getting banned from the site or just straight up leaving yo. But you know what If I get banned from the site or leave I am taking my money with me and I know a lot of people who will do the same. And the the site will lose vendors as well. Coz no one will want to buy from here any more.

Many sites I have been on had the same thing happened to them. Even when I posted in poetry sites. Thats why there is not one good poetry site on the net. coz of censorship. And soon there will not be one good 3D site online either.

Gazukull ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:21 PM

From what I understand, we do not have to change old thumbs correct? -G

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:23 PM

ok I can't resist.

first the old :

"this is why I am either getting banned from the site or just straight up leaving yo. But you know what If I get banned from the site or leave I am taking my money with me and I know a lot of people who will do the same. And the the site will lose vendors as well. Coz no one will want to buy form here any more."

do a search. this has been said over and over and over since 2000. sites still here tho.

and

" **you know what..I don't need this. I don't need to post here, and I don't need to post in the galleries anymore. No big loss at all. You also don't get my extra $5.00 a month for that priviledge, and I won't buy any more products either."

this is known as the 'I'm leaving forevaaaaah' speech. again, been seen over and over and over... and the sites still here.**

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:25 PM

The problem is that the stated rule is an exercise in contradiction, because if you make an image that is in its pure essence an expression of human nudity how the bloody heck are you going to make a thumb that truly is representative of the image (an image that is still allowed) but at the same time not violate the other half of the rule?

No matter how many times you repeat it, it don’t make the contradiction go away

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:28 PM

Quote - From what I understand, we do not have to change old thumbs correct? -G

Correct

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:28 PM

erm what contradiction?
no ones said cover the face.. or the background, or a shadow on the ground or the feet have they? no
be creative.

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:34 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:35 PM

Quote - The problem is that the stated rule is an exercise in contradiction, because if you make an image that is in its pure essence an expression of human nudity how the bloody heck are you going to make a thumb that truly is representative of the image (an image that is still allowed) but at the same time not violate the other half of the rule?

No matter how many times you repeat it, it don’t make the contradiction go away

Well I guess my question to you is what is the difference in that you are saying you can't make a thumb representative of the image without nudity or "warning nudity here" written as a thumb but yet the vendors and other artists from the galleries have been doing this successfully and very creatively for quite some time? I just can't understand how there are so many that can accomplish this quite well but yet you are saying its virtually impossible ? If your figure is a woman and is nude then doesn't that woman have a face, neck, shoulders, legs,etc that you can showcase in the thumb (and since that would be part of your full image then its definitely not misleading in any way)?  When you click the nudity flag that lets viewers KNOW there is nudity in that image so why would you need to tell them that with a bunch of "warning text" that really doesn't show any portion of what is in your full image? 

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:37 PM

Use your imagination, I’ll guaranty there is someone right not working on an image that can’t be accurately thumb nailed under this rule.  

That in it's self would be good art

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:40 PM

sigh

I think this threads run it's course you know...

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:41 PM

I can't use my thumbnail, I can't make just the image it'self the thumbnail, so basically you are saying that I have to do 2 pictures instead of just 1 straight render. I HARDLY IF EVER do postwork, so there is no reason for me to have jasc open. NOW i have to wait 20 minutes while poser shuts down and jasc opens up JUST tom ake a picture that suits YOUR needs. My thumbnail is accurate and DESCRIPTIVE without using "censored language.

Mock ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:49 PM

Well I reckon you just gave the formula Mis Stacey :biggrin:

a woman that is nude that doesn't have a face, neck, shoulders, legs,etc

This is what were looking for boys :woot:

And violent very very violent :scared:

Are we making art yet? 👍

DDevant ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 4:58 PM

"We have already told you that a thumbnail is supposed to be an accurate representation of the image you've posted"
If the image is a nude how is it possible to have an accurate representation of the image if nudity in the thumbnail is not allowed, If there is no nudity in the thumbnail then it is not an accurate representation.of the main image.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:00 PM

Mock you are absolutely right man. and yeah I am working on a render that is the character in this render in another pose that shows almost all of her parts but It is very tasteful. and for your information khai this site won't be on line much longer if enough people leave. coz if people leave Vendors will have to. and I already know  many vendors who have stores in Content paradise RDNA just to say few who could make the transaction from renderosity to either one fairly easy. I my self spend hundreds of dollars on products on the site and buy something every week.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1367163&member

there is no way a head shot will accurately portray the render of a nude woman or man.
I say  headshot coz that is what a lot of people I know are going to do

Kinouk ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:03 PM

As stated by "Anar_K" (frontpage) Everyone needs to reread what Stacey initially posted.
THIS ISSUE IS A DONE DEAL.IT IS NOT OPEN FOR DEMOCRATIC DISCUSSION!
Bottom Line, no ifs ands or butts :) As "lumuro1" said this site made about three million dollars
last year....and what talks not you or me but MONEY !!! So if the powers that be don't want nudity
in the thumbs there won't be any.. What's next??? I know, I know...............

hugz
Joan

DDevant ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:05 PM

sorry I just read your reasons above Stacey. So in the interests of "uniformity" you are saying that there is no diference between an artwork and an advertisement for some merchandise. Surely outsiders will not have access to all work here bcause there would be no point in having membership.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:05 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:06 PM

hey kinouk we are the money. we are the millions of dollars the site makes.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:08 PM

*and for your information khai this site won't be on line much longer if enough people leave. coz if people leave Vendors will have to. and I already know  many vendors who have stores in Content paradise RDNA just to say few who could make the transaction from renderosity to either one fairly easy.

*and for your information... do a search and the VERY SAME reply you've just given to having the facts pointed out to you has again been given... a few times a year since 2000. and the site is still here.

want to play again?

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:11 PM

I have seen many great sites that made lots of money at some point Die in the blink of an eye. And it is very easy for the same to happen to this store. this is not the only stone on the internet that has this kind of product.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:12 PM

and that answer as well.

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:20 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:21 PM

so Khai, ANSWER MY QUESTIOn if you know it all.
My thumnbnail DOES NOT violate TOS. And I WILL use it!

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:22 PM

we are just going back and forth aren't we

let me give you an example of a site that was here one day gone the next.

I do not know if any one here ever bought from them but they were one of the leading stores in video game sales buyrite.com here one day gone the next

I use to buy from this computer store a few years back. It was better than newegg.com much better. God know what happened to them that I can not even remember its name. same could happen to the site.

and I know since 2000 bla bla bla

but how many times have they made such a grave change to the rules in the gallery if you know so much. please save me the time.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:24 PM

what question? I just see a lot of ppl complaining about nothing.

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:26 PM

You know what?  I think that the world is going to come to an end.  Everything Khai has posted is everything that's been running through my head as I've read this thread today. 

blink

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:27 PM

*but how many times have they made such a grave change to the rules in the gallery if you know so much. please save me the time.

*about once a year for the last 5 years, (normally in September) . each with the same predictitions you have made. hell, I've said the exact same things you have lad, several times. and guess what I'm still wrong. sorry. thats life...

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:28 PM

Quote -

but how many times have they made such a grave change to the rules in the gallery if you know so much. please save me the time.

The last one was...2003, I think.  Or 2004.  Anyway, the Child Image Guidelines.  When so many people where leaving forevah, and this site was gonna go down!!!! 

Either way, more than 2 years have passed, and the site is actually doing better, rather than worse. 

So, play again!

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:32 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:35 PM

I just noticed that you only have like 6 images in your gallery since oct of 2005 did you have an account before hand

Ok the child one I under stand but this is taking it too far.

If you are right then in a few years there will not even be a gallery. who would want to post here.
You can not post anything but stick figure renders in the original oh ouch i am on a cross pose

I don't know about any one other than my self but I started buying from the site coz of what I saw in the galleries.

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:45 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:46 PM

I've got images to make and thumbnails to post. If no one want's to answer my questions from my previous posts, I ASSUME that I am NOT in violation of TOS. Censorship is censorship in any form. I do agree with the child nudity one. But being told that you can't have a thumbnail that is descriptive of your picture without having to chop up your work to make a thumbnail is just plain rediculus. You CANNOT have an accurate representation of what is ACTUALLY in the picture if you have to chop up said picture to make a thumbnail. A head, unless it is a portrait, is NOT THE WHOLE picture, therefore, NOT an ACCURATE representation of what the whole picture is!. if there is Nudity in the picture, HOW exactly is that going to be represented in the thumbnail if even WORDS are censored. Don't expect it to stop here. in just 1 night, they changed the rules from saying one thing to another!

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 5:49 PM

Quote - I've got images to make and thumbnails to post. If no one want's to answer my questions from my previous posts, I ASSUME that I am NOT in violation of TOS. Censorship is censorship in any form. I do agree with the child nudity one. But being told that you can't have a thumbnail that is descriptive of your picture without having to chop up your work to make a thumbnail is just plain rediculus. You CANNOT have an accurate representation of what is ACTUALLY in the picture if you have to chop up said picture to make a thumbnail. A head, unless it is a portrait, is NOT THE WHOLE picture, therefore, NOT an ACCURATE representation of what the whole picture is!. if there is Nudity in the picture, HOW exactly is that going to be represented in the thumbnail if even WORDS are censored. Don't expect it to stop here. in just 1 night, they changed the rules from saying one thing to another!

Its plain and simple and I feel sorry for any one who does not feel it should change. jenx you do not even have a gallery and k you have like six in three years so you really cant say anything or should not say thing. this gallery and store matter to me. And to tell you the truth I have hardly ever been wrong especially about thing having to do with economy of a store or any business being a business owner my self.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:02 PM

file_366754.jpg

**I have to comment on one thing...I never said I was leaving. I said I was not paying to post Pics, and I was not Buying anymore Products. The first one I have already spoke to lillian about, and the secound is easy because I don't care for V4, & won't buy her or her products. As far as V3, I own about every darn thing ever made for her now...$4,500.00+ worth in this last year. So I am golden there. So...be sure what you've read, before you start any nasty rumours! Jeez! I tried to leave this circus, and you just had to make erroneous comments about me. Did I make Myself clear? I do hope so.  AND, just in case someone thinks that I think so much of myself, to believe that the comments on leaving meant me...Khai jumped on right after my post and said "Bye then, have fun some place else" and then that post just went *poof*, guess he, or someone else thought it in bad taste. So I truly hope this assuages everyone's feelings and we no longer have anymore misunderstandings. Ariana**

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

bjergtrold ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:05 PM

The game is fixed, and you can't win playing a fixed game.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:10 PM

Quote - I have to comment on one thing...I never said I was leaving. I said I was not paying to post Pics, and I was not Buying anymore Products. The first one I have already spoke to lillian about, and the secound is easy because I don't care for V4, & won't buy her or her products. As far as V3, I own about every darn thing ever made for her now...$4,500.00+ worth in this last year. So I am golden there. So...be sure what you've read, before you start any nasty rumours! Jeez! I tried to leave this circus, and you just had to make erroneous comments about me. Did I make Myself clear? I do hope so.  AND, just in case someone thinks that I think so much of myself, to believe that the comments on leaving meant me...Khai jumped on right after my post and said "Bye then, have fun some place else" and then that post just went poof, guess he, or someone else thought it in bad taste. So I truly hope this assuages everyone's feelings and we no longer have anymore misunderstandings.
Ariana

HI HI Me loves your pretty panels and pretty fracs. DId not seem them in store last week when was looking for photoshop stuff but have added them to things to buy after I buy rest of phenotypes.

very pretty

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:13 PM

I just noticed that you only have like 6 images in your gallery since oct of 2005 did you have an account before hand

has no bearing on the discussion at all. Whether a user has 0 or 1000 does not apply to their access to these forums and their posting there in.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:19 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:20 PM

*jenx you do not even have a gallery and k you have like six in three years so you really cant say anything or should not say thing. this gallery and store matter to me.

you want to pull 'perceived' rank huh?

*Jen is a Ex Moderator for the Poser Forum. oops. plenty of Rank there.

I have been on this site since 2000 as Kaibach and now Khai.

you have been here since 2006, with 12(!) posts. so, if we go by some perceived rank you have in mind, do the math. you are the one that '*cant say anything or should not say thing.'

I'm outta here. you and several others have no interest in a coherent arguement.

JohnDelaquiox ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:31 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:31 PM

Quote - *jenx you do not even have a gallery and k you have like six in three years so you really cant say anything or should not say thing. this gallery and store matter to me.

you want to pull 'perceived' rank huh?

*Jen is a Ex Moderator for the Poser Forum. oops. plenty of Rank there.

I have been on this site since 2000 as Kaibach and now Khai.

you have been here since 2006, with 12(!) posts. so, if we go by some perceived rank you have in mind, do the math. you are the one that '*cant say anything or should not say thing.'

I'm outta here. you and several others have no interest in a coherent arguement.

I am not pulling perceived rank. and I do think it is coherent more so in this thread since it deals with the gallery. And I have 40 posts in three pages in the gallery so you count. would have more but most of them have been made very late at night. and you only had a hand full as Kaibach from what I could find.

look here is my data. ohnDelaquiox has uploaded 40 images since joining on Mar 5, 2006, for an average of 0.1 images per day, and last uploaded an image on Tuesday, January 23, 2007 at 1:10 am.

JohnDelaquiox's images have been viewed 5485 times at an average of 137.1 views per image. The image with the most views is "Digitized Kitty" with 362 views.

JohnDelaquiox has 396 comments for an average of 9.9 comments per image. The image with the most comments is "Portrait" with 36 comments.

Members have added JohnDelaquiox's images to their favorites 55 times for an average of 1.4 favorite adds per image. The image with the most favorites is "Digitized Kitty" with 6 favorites.

23 members have added JohnDelaquiox to their favorite artists lists.

thank you.

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:40 PM

Quote - *

I want coherent argument, NOT mindless repeating of facts that are vague. I can't fight someone who doesn't have the answers.

RajDArge ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:57 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:03 PM

the PTB have decreed. So like it or lump it.
This message is the word.
praise be to the PTB.

loveablekiki7456 ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 6:58 PM

If  there is a problem with the nudity at the site the  set the age limtit to 18 and above. but i dont see what the big deal is if people  would read the captions  they clearly say "contains nudity" there would not be any mistakes made as for which pic they click on.  i think its just wrong to Ban Nudity when that is a form of art also. the human body is a beautiful thing why  hide it under clothes.  it makes no sense .

zollster ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:01 PM

Quote - the human body is a beautiful thing why  hide it under clothes.  it makes no sense .

that mean ya gonna strip for us kikki???....wanders off to the "naughty" chatroom to see

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:01 PM · edited Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:14 PM

Quote - the PTB have decreed. So like or lump it.
This message is the word.
praise be to the PTB.

sarcasm I hope
not me.

dlblue ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:02 PM

Wait! Theres a naughty chat room?!  Linkie please! LOL!

zollster ( ) posted Wed, 24 January 2007 at 7:07 PM

cant link ya.....not allowed......but its a different site that begins with an r.....and ends in enderotica :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.