Fri, Jul 12, 5:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 12 4:09 am)

Subject: V4 dynamic clothing freebie (teaser...)

pobble ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 12:40 AM

All I can say is, Wow! Can't wait! Thanks so much!!

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:01 AM

does this mean that there won't be dynamic versions of the bra and stockings?  or that there will be both?  that is, is this a progression or addition?  i know i'd be interested in the dynamic versions you have now, because i anticipate using the many morphs that should come out that haven't yet (muscularity, capsces', etc.).

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:32 AM

cobaltdream: both versions.will be included. They'll share their geometry and UV mapping, so duplicate material collections /MAT poses won't be necessary.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

ozbrat ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 1:59 AM

Def awaiting this with joyous anticipation

kobaltkween ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 3:58 AM · edited Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:02 AM

wow.  this is going to be incredible.  thanks so much!

oh, and my pic using the v3 clothes is in my gallery now: Escape from the Office.  it's much more tame than that title sounds, i realize now.

elenorcoli ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:23 PM

i just read that clothify body part tutorial.. i had tried that myself without success...it was the coreographed groups! doh
yep svdl kills i've been using your dynamics for years.  i bought many packages, yet yours always better.  now i make some of my own.  can't wait to see your mesh see how it's done now.
thanks for all you've done over the years

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:41 PM

Any updates on this?

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 4:49 PM

Bra is done, except for ERC-ing to Victoria 4.

Blouse is done

Pencil skirt and mini skirt are done

Garter needs reboning and remorphing, geometry and mapping are done.

UV mapping and templates are done.

Material collections and separate P5 materials are half way.

Poser 5 MAT poses are half way.

CopyMorphs script is done.

Stockings are being converted right now. Might have to tweak the geometry a little.

Since the stockings are VERY tight, some displacement adjustment to V4's legs are necessary. I'll write a P5 script and a P6 wacro to adjust the leg displacements (I'll try to leave existing displacement in place. Takes some figuring out).
To allow for the non-infinitely small thickness of the stockings, shoes also need a displacement adjustment. I'll write a P5 script /P6 wacro for shoe material adjustment too.

Everything will be included in the package.

ETA in freestuff: 1 to 2 weeks.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 07 February 2007 at 8:33 PM

Nice!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 2:26 AM

Sounds really great, thanks in advance

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

pruiz ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2007 at 6:48 AM

Anticipation is more than half the pleasure and eventual satisfaction. Sounds like a monster - shall we say master - work.  Your 'ambition' should be rewarded by the sounds of things.

How do you model/conform/convert a stocking cloth mesh - close fitting to the wavefront .obj of the character? I use Modo but the principles should be the same as 3D Max (which I believe you have alluded to using). Are there some generic instructions or tuts on the subject? It would be painful to pull extend polys individually to'skin' close to he character mesh and not particularly consistent or accurate. Is there a specific toll/set that I'm missing?

The project sounds and looks magnificent and I'm sure that its reception will satisfy your 'ambition'.

Thanks again.

Kenmac ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 6:54 PM

So how are things going on this? Have you almost finished?

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 17 February 2007 at 6:58 PM

Reboning and remorphing of the garter is done.

I still have to make a conforming version of the stockings, and write a couple of scripts. A few days, and everything should be done.

Nebula ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2007 at 9:25 AM

It seems there are quite a few of us looking forward to this beautiful piece of work your doing!!  And I'm sure everyone is extreamly grateful for all your efforts!

Nebula

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 5:14 AM

Just another fan of your work waiting patiently for what looks like another great set,

thanks in anticipation,

3Dave

RorrKonn ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 5:27 AM

Scripts ? We half to write scripts for dynamic cloths ?

Is there anything I can not import from Poser to Vue ?

RorrKonn
http://www.atomic-3d.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

svdl ( ) posted Tue, 20 February 2007 at 10:31 AM

One of the scripts is done - it creates a morph in V4 that make the stockings fit better. It displaces all vertices 1 mm inwards from mid thigh down on both legs.

I'm still wrestling with a script that will add a little outward displacement to shoe materials - needed to prevent the stockings from poking through the shoes.

And I'm working on a script that'll set up the P6/P7 clothing simulations with the right parameters. 

Only the first script does something that is as good as impossible to do by hand. 

The other two scripts will provide a handy shortcut to things that also can be done by hand in the material room and the cloth room. Those scripts will only work in P6 and P7, the first script works in P5 too.

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: V4 Office Set

It is finished.

This is what you'll find in the package

• Dynamic blouse with button morphs and a "tighter" morph
  • Dynamic stockings
  • Dynamic and conforming bra. The conforming bra has morphs to match most of the DAZ Victoria 4 morphs.
  • Dynamic and conforming camisole. The conforming camisole has morphs to match most of the DAZ Victoria 4 morphs
  • Dynamic/conforming hybrid garter. The conforming part has morphs to match most of the DAZ Victoria 4 morphs
  • Dynamic tight fitting stockings
  • Several single materials (Fabrics, Lace, Metallic).
  • For each of the clothing items, several material collections and MAT poses (for the P5 users)
  • Texture templates for all clothes
  • A Python script to copy V4 morph dial settings to the conformed clothes (replaces ERC functionality)
  • A Python script to create a FitStocking morph in Victoria 4. For P5 users.
  • A Python wacro that will add some inward displacement to Victoria's leg materials. The effect is similar to the FitStockings script, it'll prevent the legs from poking through the stockings.
  • A Python wacro that will add some outward displacement to all materials. Use it on tight fitting shoes when Victoria is wearing the stockings, it'll prevent the stockings from poking through the shoes.
  • A utility pose that will put Victoria in zero pose with all inverse kinematics turned off.

The ZIP file is quite large, 12.6 MB, and the upstream capacity of my server is limited. So if you can't get it to download, please be patient and try again later.

I hope you all have as much fun using this set as I had creating it.

jwiest ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:47 AM

Many many thank yous for this!  Not sure when I'll get a chance to try it out as I'm in the middle of a few other things, but I look forward to that time for sure! :)

John

Honey_ZA ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:51 AM

Thank you so so so much.  This is absolutely fantastic!!!

HoNeY
http://www.HoneyB.co.za

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:52 AM

Thank you very much svdl! I have been looking forward to playing around with this for a long time now. Your work is fantastic and you are very generous to release this to the world as a freebie!

jartz ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 12:53 AM

Many thanks for this! 

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Nvlonewulf ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:00 AM

Oh awesome!!  What an amazing package, thank you!!

The only thing I don't procrastinate is procrastinating. That I do right away.

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 1:01 AM

Oops.
There's more in the package. I forgot to mention the pencil skirt and the mini skirt. The pencil skirt comes in 5 versions, from zipper fully closed to zipper fully open, the mini skirt has 3 zipper versions.
The skirts are also provided with several material collections/MAT poses.

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 2:07 AM

Got it. Thanks :)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

jonthecelt ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:10 AM

Many thanks, svdl... you have come up trumps yet again... and brought a new and interesting technique forclothing makers to come... :)

jonthecelt

RossoMan ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:50 AM

Thank you very much svdl! This is awesome!

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 4:17 AM

Killer package,Thanks

RorrKonn

Mazak ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 5:52 AM

Thank you very much! 

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

EPICI ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 6:42 AM

Great stuff. Thank you very much!

EPICI

www.epiciworld.com

pruiz ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:36 AM

svdl,

A week earlier than you predicted - magnificent contribution and effort on your part. I'm floating around next three weeks without access to Poser so ironically I can't test fly this until I get back. Great pity I don't have a laptop load of Poser during travels.

I am sure from the previews and the readmes that you have produced a superlative product. 

Can't wait to test drive it.

Thanks again.

pobble ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 10:53 AM

Thank you again! This looks terrific! It would be great if people would post some of their renders using this wonderful set...

lam2 ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:46 AM

Thank you so very much!!

Nebula ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 11:48 AM

Man, what a selection!!  This is so great!!!  Thank you so much, svdl!!!

Irish ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 2:55 PM

Your work is always fantastic!  Thanks very much!!!

:)

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:36 PM

thank you!  i won't be able to download it until i get home (on vacation right now), but i want to thank you now for such beautiful, versatile clothing.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 3:36 PM

thank you!  i won't be able to download it until i get home (on vacation right now), but i want to thank you now for such beautiful, versatile clothing.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 7:20 PM

CobaltDreams you've done enough vacationing cause you have us seeing double ;)

RorrKonn

Fazzel ( ) posted Fri, 23 February 2007 at 8:41 PM

Thank you so much.  This is wonderful.

bine ( ) posted Sat, 24 February 2007 at 12:04 AM

thank you very, very much.
wonderful clothes. :-)

Chris ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 6:46 AM

thank you ... as always high quality stuff.

Greets

Chris 😄

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

rty ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 12:44 PM

Thanks a lot!

Dave8 ( ) posted Mon, 26 February 2007 at 2:12 PM

I can't seem to get the right stockin to work in the cloth room

Oh and thank you so much for the free clothing

bine ( ) posted Thu, 01 March 2007 at 11:46 AM

file_370397.jpg

thank you **svdl** for your beautifull clothes:

pobble ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 1:01 AM

Along with bine's very nice pic, how about some of you great posers/renderers posting some more images using this incredible set?? A search of the gallery doesn't find anything, searching on "office". (or maybe I'm doing something wrong).

pruiz ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 6:26 AM

I am working with the garter from svdl's office pack (magnificent) and am totally stumped by the read-me command  "Magnetize the garter to Victoria 4 and run the CopyMorphs script to fit the top edge around Victoria 4's waist."
How does one "magnetize" - I have searched all the manuals and faintly remember some reference to this but can find nothing.
I have run the copy morph script and set the clips and run the simulation which works almost correctly but not quite.
So I presume not Magnetizing the garter is the problem. How do I do this please?

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 8:12 AM

Victoria 4 comes with a set of poses in the category "Magnetize Clothing". That's what I meant with "magnetize to V4", you have to apply one of these "magnetize clothing" poses to the garter. Which one, that depends on the figure numbering of Victoria 4.

pruiz ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 10:08 AM

I'm sorry to be dense but I have searched everywhere for these poses magnetize clothing and I just cannot find them. Could you be more precise on where to look?
Thanks - sorry to be a bother.

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:25 AM

The pose folder is called Magnetize Clothing.
The pose files are called !Magnetize To V4, !Magnetize To V4 1, !Magnetize to V4 2 ... !Magnetize to V4 9.

I don't remember where the pose files originally extracted to, I immediately reorganized my libraries after installing the complete V4 bundle.

pruiz ( ) posted Fri, 16 March 2007 at 11:56 AM

Thanks I'll search again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.