Mon, Sep 9, 5:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: (OT) I'm Leaving

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:32 PM

All the best with your Real Life vocation.  Pop in whenever you can.  This place is for your relaxation and enjoyment.

Eternal Hobbyist

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 August 2008 at 10:37 PM

Quote - All the best with your Real Life vocation.  Pop in whenever you can.  This place is for your relaxation and enjoyment.

Thanks :)  I'm still waiting to hear when I start that work trial.  This is a first of it's kind so there is apparently kinks to iron out.  They were hoping it would start this week, but when I went to the information session last week I was told that they were aiming for the middle of next week.

I'm just itching to get going on this. Not that I don't love you guys, but I really would rather be out there working, and preferably working and earning money! But the earning money won't be for a few more months after I do my actual back to work program!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

vincebagna ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 2:26 AM

Great news for you! But very sad for us!
I hope you all you deserve: the better!! :)
You've been like a nurse for us all, i guess it's time to share you more with others ^^

My Store

juleyanne ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 6:22 AM

Good luck, you'll be missed! :)

estherau ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 7:53 AM

Do you want us to drop you an IM if michael 4 or poser 8 comes out in your absence?  Or if someone posts a really nice naked vickie in a temple pic even?
  Otherwise you will get irreversibly behind in poser-land and have to do a 12 month refresher course just to be able to render a decent looking picture?
Love esther
PS call in when you can

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 8:18 AM · edited Fri, 08 August 2008 at 8:27 AM

Just got off my shift at the recovery room tonight and read your post. Gotta hand it to ya: you're the real deal. You're absolutely right: nursing is not like any other work. And, as we get older, whilst experience works for us, acuity skills diminish and you sometimes can't help but wonder "why the heck do I still do this??" What if I miss something, something crucial?

I know what you're feeling. I've been a nurse since 1980... mostly cath lab, but also some theatre nursing and now post-op recovery. Walking in from taking a patient back to the ward, I found the nurse unit manager for operating theatres writing down observations on a patient just out from having a discectomy whilst a junior, not-yet-fully trained anaesthetics nurse was performing jaw support on this obtunded patient. I observed the patient's chest wall motion seemed a bit exaggerated, and instinctively listened for breathing sounds: there were none discernible. I immediately went to the head of the bed, and without interfering with the nurse's efforts grasped the jaw and thrust it forward just enough to restore a patent airway. The patient gave an loud gasp and began to noisily breathe.

Okay, that was instinct. How long will that work for me? Makes me a bit nervous.

What I'm saying with all this rot is: I understand how you feel... it's a bit scary... even whilst you're in it! And for you non-nurses out there: we do love you - that's why we do it.

Well, that's why I do it, anyway....

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 11:53 AM

Quote - And for you non-nurses out there: we do love you - that's why we do it.

I do it for 3 reasons:

1. The money;
  2. I get to tell doctors what to do;
  3. I get to stick people with really, really big needles  :woot:

nyguy ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 1:03 PM

Quote -

1. I get to stick people with really, really big needles  :woot:

Remind me not to get on your bad side.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 1:30 PM

Quote - > Quote -

1. I get to stick people with really, really big needles  :woot:

Remind me not to get on your bad side.''

LOL

I remember back when I was a student nurse I was looking after a room with 2 men in it. Their resemblance to each other was uncanny.  They were both connected to IVs and a pump that was administering a blood thinning medication.

They were constantly razzing me and playing practical jokes on me, :sneaky:

When it came time to refill the pump for one of them, I mixed up the syringe, which was  large, and left the large needle on the end.

I walked into the room and and with a poker face said "Ok! Bend over!" :ohmy:  His eyes got really big and his jaw dropped, as did those of his visitors. Then I burst out laughing.:laugh:

Not really a good idea to play a practical joke on someone admitted for chest pain, but I had a bottle of nitro pills in my pocket, so I wasn't worried!  😉

I always tell my patients that no matter how bad off we think we are, there are people who are far worse than we are, and that life is too short to be glum and gloomy and we have to make the most out of everyday that we have been given.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 5:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - And for you non-nurses out there: we do love you - that's why we do it.

I do it for 3 reasons:

1. The money;
  2. I get to tell doctors what to do;
  3. I get to stick people with really, really big needles  :woot:

Re 1.: I'm in Australia - the money sucks. It was really good in California though.
Re 2.: I work in the private sector - ya kinda have to tiptoe around them. Moving to the public sector is going to help tremendously...
Re 3.: well, girl, ya gotta have some fun, right? 😉

Good on ya for returning... if you were around here (Brisbane area) they'd be paying you $6000 to return to the work force...

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 5:43 PM · edited Fri, 08 August 2008 at 5:45 PM

Quote - Good on ya for returning... if you were around here (Brisbane area) they'd be paying you $6000 to return to the work force...

Since I was off sick, I don't get a "bonus" to return.  But I don't mind. I think we make pretty good money here.  Full time RNs in Manitoba, as of October 1, 2008 will be making $70,182.988  per year. I won't be getting that when I return though. I'll be starting at the salary that I had when I went off sick and getting increases in pay every 6 months until I reach top salary again.  But I also don't routinely work full time either. I like working 0.8 instead of full time. I figure we make good money so I don't feel a need to work full time anymore.

We have a dire shortage of nurses, you should consider coming here to work :)

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 08 August 2008 at 6:24 PM · edited Fri, 08 August 2008 at 6:25 PM

Quote - We have a dire shortage of nurses, you should consider coming here to work :)

The shortage is no different here, but the pay is lousy anyway. The trend for hospitals is to go with EEN (endorsed enrolled nurse) - trying to phase RNs out, it seems to me.

The spousal unit 😉 is opposed to living anywhere but Queensland... odd, that. Oh well. Nearing the end of my career, so I guess it doesn't much matter. I do like Canada, though... lovely country, nice people... well, hey, look at you! Colour me tempted.... :biggrin:

Metaphor of Chooks

gagnonrich ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 1:28 PM

Oh no! What if I need to find something?

At least you won't be gone forever.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 14 August 2008 at 11:22 AM

Grrr! I'm still waiting to start this work trial program! :(

The girl from my long term disability insurance company, who is co-ordinating all of this, called me yesterday to tell me that she is meeting with the hospital next week, and hopefully the following week we can get in and get our security ID cards, a locker and orientation.  She's said they are aiming to have the actual program now start on September 2nd.

I'm so darned frustrated with all this anticipation and then having to wait and wait... :(

Well, guess you're stuck with me a bit longer.

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Sat, 16 August 2008 at 4:33 AM

Quote - Grrr! I'm still waiting to start this work trial program! :(

The girl from my long term disability insurance company, who is co-ordinating all of this, called me yesterday to tell me that she is meeting with the hospital next week, and hopefully the following week we can get in and get our security ID cards, a locker and orientation.  She's said they are aiming to have the actual program now start on September 2nd.

I'm so darned frustrated with all this anticipation and then having to wait and wait... :(

Well, guess you're stuck with me a bit longer.

Sheesh, sounds like the public system here in Oz... shocking, isn't it? All you want to do it go to work... why the dramas?

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 2:02 AM

I got a call from the insurance company yesterday. They are aiming to have the training for the work trial on the 28th, and gearing for the actual work part of it to start on September 2nd!

I'm excited, but also nervous!

It's going to take me a while to get used to being out full days, a number of days in a row. Currently the maximum time I'm out is on days I go to the gym and that is about 5 hours, and I'm so tired when I get home that I have to nap for 2 or 3 hours in the afternoon. And that's only 3 or 4 days per week with a day off in between.

I predict many early nights to bed in my future and probably some skipped dinners in lieu of bed because I'll be too tired to eat!

RobynsVeil ( ) posted Fri, 22 August 2008 at 5:26 AM

Know exactly what you mean - nursing is the most tiring of professions... it's Friday and I just wanna crawl into a womb tank! Busy week in recovery...

Metaphor of Chooks

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 August 2008 at 11:34 PM

I found out more about how my work trial and back to work program are going to work.

It seems I was given some wrong information by the girl who is co-ordinating the work trial where I'll be working in medical records.

When I was working my EFT was 0.8, so they are treating the work trial as part of my back to work program and they will not let me exceed 0.8 EFT. So until my actual back to work program starts I will be working 0.8 at the work trial and as my back to work hours increase, my work trial hours will decrease accordingly to keep me at a 0.8 EFT.

My initial hours the first week will be 6 hours Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, the following week they will increase it to full days Monday, Tuesday, Thursday with 1/2 day on Friday.

They claim I'll get the number of hours I still need before the end of the year, but I'm still nervous about that. 

Anyway, I'm a whole lot less stressed about having to juggle so many things as I was lead to believe that I would have to do. I really didn't know how I was going to manage it all without running my health back into the ground. 

So it looks like my evenings and weekends will still be my own, at least until I get back to my job where I'll be doing days / evening shift work again.

Daidalos ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 12:11 AM

Yahhhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Acadia can still come and post the woderful freebies she finds for us!

Thats good news indeed.

So the party will be at your house right?

"The Blood is the life!"

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 1:06 AM

Quote - Yahhhhhhhhoooooooooooo!!!!!!!! Acadia can still come and post the woderful freebies she finds for us!

Thats good news indeed.

So the party will be at your house right?

Goof! :laugh:

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 24 August 2008 at 2:41 AM

i'm glad to hear that you won't be stressing your body, your energy and probably your mind as much with such a full schedule.  i think health care in general is a remarkably draining profession,  kudos to you and your fellow professionals who do their best to restore the health of others.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 11:19 AM · edited Tue, 26 August 2008 at 11:24 AM

I just got a call about my hours!

Thursday I go for a 4 hour training session in the afternoon.

Starting next week I'll be working 9am to 3pm  on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday just to get my feet wet.  Then I'll be doing full days from 8am to 4:15pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and 8am to noon on Fridays.

I can't believe that this is really happening!!

Winterclaw ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 1:09 PM

Good luck in going back to work and being able to keep your license.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 9:16 PM · edited Tue, 26 August 2008 at 9:16 PM

Congratulations **Acadia!!  We will miss your helpful hand and cheerful nature in the land of Poser and beyond. 

Don't wonder too far away, actually you can't, we have a line attached to you just in case you try too!!  ** :tongue2:

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 26 August 2008 at 9:36 PM

Just testin'!

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 11:24 AM

OMG! I can't believe how nervous I am! LOL I go for my 1/2 day orientation and training session today. Next week I actually start the position. 

I also found out yesterday that a meeting with the hospital that I work for has been set up for September 8th to discuss my back to work program. So if there is a position that I can readily jump into, I have a feeling that will be starting the same week or the week after!

waves I'll let you know how this afternoon goes.  

Plutom ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 12:47 PM

What wonderful news, Acadia-and you even get to spend some of your spare time with us.  Jan

aella ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 1:02 PM

Good luck Acadia I hope everything works out well for you. I dunno what nurses get for working for insurance companies but if you are looking for a physicaly light job you might want to see what they pay it would probably be a lot of paperwork(is any nursing job not). Also my sister is an accountant and her firm has an RN on staff  because they audit pharmacies so basically she just looks at the perscriptions. So something like that might be good too.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 5:42 PM

Well, I survived! I now have 4 hours towards my nursing license for next year!!

They didn't even get through all of the training.  We were told we would be done by 4:30pm, so I booked my ride to pick me up then, and the other 2 girls also had arrangements for 4:30pm.  So they have to carry some of the training over to Tuesday.

It was a bit disorganized.  The lap top computer that I was given to use had a bad network card and wouldn't work, so I had to take notes and share a computer with someone else so I didn't get much hands on with the program. And they were honing the program while they were training us and as we got to a page that they were going to show us how to enter the data, they ended up in discussions between themselves as to what needed to be in the drop down menues or greyed out etc. etc. etc.  It's not very organized.

On Tuesday I go for a hospital orientation where I'm given an ID card, have to sign some confidentiality agreements, given a locker etc. And they are reimbursing us for our transportation costs be it parking or transit fare. After that we will finish up the training and then get down to the transcribing of the research data.

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 9:03 PM

Did someoe mention "meds"? :blink:
Yes, yes I believe someone mentioned "meds"... :blink: :blink:
I'm sooo behind in taking my meds, I think I need a refill :woot:

Eddy

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Thu, 28 August 2008 at 9:24 PM

I hate it when the work computers don't work out right...been in too many job situations where that happened. When I used to work for a printing and publishing company I used to haul my own pc case to work and back on a daily basis because I knew my computer would always work.

God I miss those days, and the money....  :sad:, But ever since my last job as an Earthlink Tech Support screwed me up mentally, I just haven't been able to handle the stress. :cursing:

Eddy

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 8:28 PM · edited Mon, 01 September 2008 at 8:29 PM

Well, tomorrow is the day!  I start my actual first day of the work trial. I work 3 days of 6 hours each this week, and then next week graduate to full days.  I feel like a whole new chapter of my life is starting. 

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 8:35 PM

good luck!

BastBlack ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 11:23 PM

Good luck!
I know you will do well. ^^

SAMS3D ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 3:56 AM

Best wishes to you in your upcoming excitement.  We will be here and missing you.  It will make it that much more important when we see you pop in again.  Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 5:44 PM

Whee! I'm employed again!  Well, technically I always was, but  today I went for a meeting about my back to work program and I left it with a day / evening rotation on gyne / antepartum It's not my favourite area to work, but when I was floating I went there lots so I know what the ward is like.

The meeting went very well. My only real restriction is the amount that I can lift, but the functional capacity test that I did a few weeks ago had me lifting from the floor up to shelves of varying heights, repeatedly. I don't do that kind of stuff in my job.

They are going to talk to the manager of the ward, but in the meantime the position is being held for me and no one anticipates any issues with my restrictions, so the position is 99.9% mine!

There will be another meeting once I've been formally awarded the position, probably within the next 2 or 3 weeks. That will be to discuss the actual work program itself and the hours.

I had more than an hour to kill so I went around the hospital visiting wards to see colleagues. I can't believe how many changes have taken place. People have either quit, retired or moved to different wards or hospitals.

And!!! The insurance company thinks they owe me money. It seems that they had based my monthly income on 27 hours per week, when in fact I was working a 0.8 position which works out to 31 hours per week. Four hours at 60% of my income over all of the time I have been off work, works out to double digit thousands!   If my calculations are right, that means they owe me lots and lots of money!

I can't believe that after struggling to stay afloat that things are suddenly just falling into place. I'm afraid to stop and think about it for fear of jinxing it.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:01 PM

wheeee!  congratulations!

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:02 PM

So when is the Barbeque?

Eddy

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:22 PM

Quote - So when is the Barbeque?

I don't have a balcony or a BBQ, but I'm good for a rack of ribs in the oven! 

bopperthijs ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:24 PM

Congratulations! 👍👍👍
I'm living with a nurse for 27 years now, and I know how hard the work can be from time to time, I have the greatest admiration for you to pick up your work again.
Good luck in your new job,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:29 PM

Quote -
I don't have a balcony or a BBQ, but I'm good for a rack of ribs in the oven! 

No problem, I'm sure with your new salary and all that back pay we'll be able to fix you up with a nice balcony, with a built in BBQ :thumbupboth:

Eddy

Inspired_Art ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 6:30 PM

Oh, and I'll even throw in some of my veins...:tongue1:

Eddy

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 08 September 2008 at 7:23 PM

Congratulations, we knew you could do it.  Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 12 September 2008 at 5:22 PM · edited Fri, 12 September 2008 at 5:26 PM

I did 3 1/2 days of work this week!! Not exactly paid work mind you, but the hours count towards my nursing license! 326 hours more to go!

I was asked today if I would be interested in teaching. They want to train some more people and would like me to take on that task. I said I would like that.

I also asked again about being able to exceed my EFT of 0.8 but was told that I couldn't. However, there is nothing stopping me from pursuing something on my own time

I spoke with the Neurologist (who looks like she's 10 years old!!!). She's really impressed with the speed in which I have been able to pick up the program and get through charts. I told her that I will be transitioning into my job at another hospital and told her that the insurance company won't allow me to exceed my EFT. However, there was nothing stopping me from pursing something privately on my own, on a part time basis on the weekend or evenings. But the hours I work would have to be able to be counted towards my nursing license.

She's very interested in having me continue with the MS Study, and told me to talk to her assistant on Monday and have him look into what needs to be done in order to keep me on part time over and above the hours I am doing with the insurance company, and that she will sign off on anything that needs to be done.

I told her that I am really only interested in the hours, but if they pay me for the extra hours I do, I sure wouldn't say no! So we'll see how that goes. I may actually have a paid part time job. But at the very least I'll be able to get more hours towards my license, which at this point is all that I really care about.

I did the math, and if I work 4 shifts of 7.75 hours every single week without missing a single day between now and the end of December I will have something like 80 some odd hours above what I need to renew my license next year. However, I want a safety net, and if I can pick up every Saturday and maybe 4 hours during the week in the evening, I will get between 32 and 48 hours more per month. And if those hours are paid, all the better, that's $1,400 extra in my pocket each month.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 13 September 2008 at 9:33 AM

All the very best to  you, Acadia.  This sounds like the long overdue turn of good fortune you deserve.  :thumbupboth:

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 6:00 PM

I had a meeting today with the hospital again.

That position is 100% mine Because I'm in a back-to-work program and not actually working the rotation for that position currently, they are reposting it as a term position until the middle or end of December, when I'll take it over

Next week I do three full shifts doing the MS Research Project. And I do two 4 hour shifts at my actual place of work! I'll be doing the 4 hour shifts in the morning starting at 7:30am to 11:30am.

The following week is when it starts to get a bit confusing!! The Monday I do 4 hours at my job then go and do 3.75 hours at the Research job. That week I also work 2 full days at the Research job and two 4 hour shifts at my nursing job. The next week is the same.

It gets even worse after that with my having to divide my time between 2 separate hospitals several days each week in order to get a full day of work in.

By November 10th I'll be up to 6 hours at my job and only 1 full day per week at the research job.

I asked about the ability to increase my 4 hours to 6 hours in the event that I find 4 hours okay. They said that would not be a problem. I'm really hoping that I can get back on the payroll by the end of November at the latest. I'm so tired of being broke, plus this schedule and having to juggle 2 separate hospitals into an 8 hour day by 4pm (the time I have to have the computer back in the Neurology office before they leave for the day) is just too stupid for words, but I need to get those hours in.

I found out that the extra hours at the research job didn't pan out. I made a point to tell them that I was pursuing the extra hours on my own and that it was separate and apart from the hours I'm doing with the insurance company, and not part of that program at all and didn't involve the insurance company at all because it would be on my own time on the weekends and evenings. They were agreeable with that.

Of course they talked to the insurance company who vetoed it saying that it might interfere with my ability to complete the back-to-work program.

The insurance company doesn't seem to care that I sit at home on the computer or watching TV or reading for as long as I sit at the Research place and have been able to do full days there followed by being at home on the computer, not to mention being at home on the computer on weekends, without any problem whatsoever. Personally I don't think what I do on my own time is any of their freaking business

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 8:23 PM

I hardly know you but good luck just the same.  I don't think you should be saying goodbye, just saying see you next time.

patorak ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 8:38 PM

I'm glad everything is working out for you,  but please don't go...stay.

Plutom ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 8:52 AM

I really don't think that Acadia will be leaving us since she is valued here and has so many friends (all of us).  However a little begging from us to stay can't hurt!  Jan 

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 September 2008 at 5:33 PM

I'm still around some. But I admit to not looking at 95% of the threads like I used to. I pick a few from the list to read and that's it. I'm just too tired at the end of the day. 

I'm not leaving completely, just vastly decreasing the amount of time I spend here.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.