Fri, Sep 20, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: more Japanese freebies

Elfwine ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 12:07 AM

file_414130.jpg

Another nice prop just uploaded to Poserclub Japan...

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!  ; )

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 12:11 AM

oh that's nice indeed !

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 1:20 AM

This blog has freebies, but it is entirely in Japanese, and they are mostly models of traditional items.

[http://ni-in-bdx.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/

](http://ni-in-bdx.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/)

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 18 September 2008 at 11:35 PM

New anime hair Holo-Hair in Casiopea's blog:
http://casiopea.sblo.jp/article/19610273.html

Continue to check back at Casiopea's blog for other downloads and information.

Eternal Hobbyist

Daidalos ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 8:54 AM

Quote - Glad it's a useful central location for information updates on such freebies.

I hope that in the spirit of community, others will continue add to this thread as they come across Japanese freebies ( not everyone can find or read the Japanese web pages for these things ).

Just for information, the Japanese also have their own thread for informing each other of non-Japanese freebies.  It is over at http://www.forum3D.net .

Infinity do you speak/read japanese?

"The Blood is the life!"

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:01 AM · edited Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:02 AM

I really can't claim to be proficient in Japanese.   I can understand about 60 per cent of what I read without translation aids; for the other 40 per cent, I need to work harder !

Eternal Hobbyist

musicat ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:43 AM

blog.goo.ne.jp/mamomamo_2007  MMCasual for A3

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:47 AM

thanks !

Eternal Hobbyist

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 12:57 PM

Attached Link: Meiko 1.1

I cant tell if it's standalone or needs something else.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 7:42 PM

Hey Sean, I downloaded Meiko and there are 2 files named: MEIKO Ver.1.0.6KT MEIKO Ver.1.0withÉ}ÉCÉN.6KT I don't know what a .6KT file is?

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 7:56 PM · edited Sun, 21 September 2008 at 8:04 PM

Yeah, no idea either. I thought maybe they had something to do with ver 6 of Poser, but they dont, nor do they import. But somehow it's a Poser figure, isnt it?

EDITED TO ADD: Okay, probably not. Looking a little further into it, it appears to be some animation format, sorta like Anime Studio.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 8:51 PM · edited Sun, 21 September 2008 at 8:52 PM

file_414328.jpg

Hope somebody chimes in with an answer. In the meantime, there's another new freebie at Poserclub Japan. :D A gym!!

Morkonan ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:16 PM

The closest I can figure out is the .6kt is associated, somehow, with this:

http://www.shusaku.co.jp/www/taiken.html

Which appears to be a 3D graphics package.  There were some metasequoia hits as well.

It might be worth opening up the file and taking a look at its contents in a text editor to see if you can find any headers that give a clue.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 9:23 PM

Did that... It's all compressed gobbligook. :(

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 10:37 PM

The Meiko 1.1 is for some other program seems like it will interface with the Vocaloid application.  It's not fo Poser. 

Eternal Hobbyist

Elfwine ( ) posted Sun, 21 September 2008 at 10:58 PM

Ah well... it looked promising.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 8:59 AM · edited Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:01 AM

http://members3.jcom.home.ne.jp/mowais/index.html#latest

Decoco v 3 is out !

And thank you Akatora-san for making this.

Eternal Hobbyist

jonnybode ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 11:20 AM

Nice, looks like a really cool figure, thanks for the notice Infinity10!

Regards / Jonny

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 12:42 PM

Is anyhone else having trouble extracting everything from the gym? I get an error message about halfway through.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 9:17 PM

I believe it is the unzipping of files with Japanese character set that is giving your some problems there.

I did not have any issues unzipping the archive using StuffIt.  But I did notice that about halfway through the unziupping process, the Japanese-named files appear.

Eternal Hobbyist

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 22 September 2008 at 11:08 PM

Argh - my reply to you got lost in cyberspace. 

I unzipped using StuffIt and the process went well.

It may be the Japanese language filenames inside the archve.  I noticed those appeared about half-way through the unzipping process.

Eternal Hobbyist

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 5:04 AM

file_414381.jpg

Well, I tried it with Stuffit as well, and it stopped dead in its tracks in the sample place, the volleyball net. Normally, Stuffit has no issue with Japanese characters, so I'm not sure why this one is giving me such grief. Guess I'm just not fated to have this one. :)

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 5:21 AM

I am using Windows XP, and I have IME turned on and have languages set to English and Japanese.

Eternal Hobbyist

KatFeete ( ) posted Tue, 23 September 2008 at 7:35 AM · edited Tue, 23 September 2008 at 7:36 AM

Sean: I've gotten similar messages and had luck re-downloading with a different browser. Never been able to figure that one out, but what the hey, if it makes the fickle computer gods happy....

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 26 September 2008 at 2:11 PM

Thanks; I'll give that a shot and see if it works any better.

Elfwine ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 12:28 AM

I too, had the same problem with the gym zip. I used StuffIt Expander as well. I downloaded the prop twice, and both times I encountered the same error. Ah well...

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 4:31 PM · edited Sat, 27 September 2008 at 4:39 PM

sean and elf, if using OS X, unzip with unarchiver.app to avoid errors (see att img for resulting file list).
it appears terminal.app and st.exp. are getting stuck on some of the kanji characters.

2a.jpg

Elfwine ( ) posted Sat, 27 September 2008 at 10:09 PM

Thanks Miss Nancy! I'll give that a try. :D

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 29 September 2008 at 11:12 AM

Thanks; I'll give that a shot.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 30 September 2008 at 5:05 AM

It worked! Yay!!!

Many, many thanks!

musicat ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 12:11 PM
infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 01 November 2008 at 10:32 PM

cool thanks for the update !

Eternal Hobbyist

Wild_Dog ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 9:58 AM

Maybe you guys can help me?

Here are my situations:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3326906&ebot_calc_page#message_3326906

also, does anyone know how convert objects from .3dmf format to a useable format for poser6?

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 10:11 AM

Sorry, haven't seen that particular scene outside the diner.

Could be that the person assembled it himself / herself in a 3D modelling software.

The artist could have stated the contents of that rendered scene in the gallery at poserclub.jp, although it may be in Japanese.  You might get a clue from that, if someone could translate it for you.

Eternal Hobbyist

Whazizname ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 10:22 AM · edited Tue, 04 November 2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote - Maybe you guys can help me?

Here are my situations:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3326906&ebot_calc_page#message_3326906

also, does anyone know how convert objects from .3dmf format to a useable format for poser6?

Import the 3dmf into a modeling application (I use Carrara or Blender), select all parts (or all that you want to use in Poser, anyway...), "Group" all selected parts, export as Wavefront obj (or 3ds).
The item should then import into Poser, and be usable as a prop.

(:

Wild_Dog ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 10:25 AM

Quote - Import the 3dmf into a modeling application (I use Carrara or Blender), select all parts (or all that you what to use in Poser, anyway...), "Group" all selected parts, export as Wavefront obj (or 3ds).
The item should then import into Poser, and be usable as a prop.

(:

What programs use/read 3dmf?

Whazizname ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 1:22 PM

A lot of 3d programs read/ use 3dmf (in fact Poser does too...); it is an older file format. The (now) more common formats are improvements upon it (If I remember correctly ...; ask Dr.Geep. Heheh). The reason I suggested that you convert the 3dmf to obj is that I've had 3dmf files that behaved strangely in Poser; but once converted to obj, they behaved like any other imported prop. Converting to obj (in the way that I suggested) also will allow you to "Poserize", or "rig" the prop, if you wish. I bet there is a lot of info about the 3dmf format available online; do a search with your favorite engine and see. (:

Wild_Dog ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 2:18 PM

Quote - A lot of 3d programs read/ use 3dmf (in fact Poser does too...); it is an older file format. The (now) more common formats are improvements upon it (If I remember correctly ...; ask Dr.Geep. Heheh). The reason I suggested that you convert the 3dmf to obj is that I've had 3dmf files that behaved strangely in Poser; but once converted to obj, they behaved like any other imported prop. Converting to obj (in the way that I suggested) also will allow you to "Poserize", or "rig" the prop, if you wish. I bet there is a lot of info about the 3dmf format available online; do a search with your favorite engine and see. (:

Nope P6 does not import 3DMF, only 3MF. Downloaded the free quickdraw 3d program, but when I upload it to DWLite, it wont let me secelt it to export it to DXF

Whazizname ( ) posted Tue, 04 November 2008 at 7:01 PM

Quote -
Nope P6 does not import 3DMF, only 3MF. Downloaded the free quickdraw 3d program, but when I upload it to DWLite, it wont let me secelt it to export it to DXF

The fact that P6 doesn't import it may show how the format has become obsolete.

You lost me after "DWLite"...

Perhaps you can find an older version of a 3d modeler, that does (still) import 3dmf.

(:

Wild_Dog ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 1:55 AM

file_417167.jpg

Since I can't reformat 3dmf files, I tried this:

Whazizname ( ) posted Wed, 05 November 2008 at 5:50 AM

Hmmm...
looks like you've chosen to re-texture Andi3D's "Urban Alley" to fit your needs.

I've sent you a PM.

(:

Morkonan ( ) posted Thu, 06 November 2008 at 4:19 AM

Quote - Maybe you guys can help me?

Here are my situations:

Try using this: http://web.axelero.hu/karpo/  "3D Object Converter"

It will Load and Save (Export) the geometry of the Apple Quicktime object format but I don't think it will do anything with the materials or maps.  So, you may have to redo those yourself.  You can remap the geometry using UVMapper (http://www.uvmapper.com/) and then reskin it yourself if the texture/materials are bound with the .3dmf and unaccessible.

habot ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:55 AM · edited Sat, 08 November 2008 at 4:56 AM

Not see in this list : 3D Chaya (not directly for Poser - obj & texture files)
Japaneese traditional architecture, weapons & furnitures)

Wild_Dog ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 10:22 AM

yeah, thats where I got my older Japan stuff from, but Im looking for modern like Shibuya and Shinjuku streets

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 08 November 2008 at 1:14 PM

Attached Link: http://edogoyomi.art.coocan.jp/projects/edo_street/index.html

I dont know if this got mentioned in the list, but this page has a ton of architecture, mostly (it seems) older stuff, but work through the site and see what you can find.

habot ( ) posted Sun, 09 November 2008 at 6:50 AM

Some Shukky's freebies stay on Poser Club Japan, but not all. other can be found on Shukky's Site

tentman ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 2:13 AM

Attached Link: http://poser78.blog.shinobi.jp/Entry/155/

file_417923.jpg

Clannad junk robot is available on my blog for free.

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 15 November 2008 at 2:54 AM

Oh, that is so cute !  

Thank you for informing us.

Eternal Hobbyist

musicat ( ) posted Mon, 17 November 2008 at 11:18 PM · edited Mon, 17 November 2008 at 11:18 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

new cy-co by shukky is up
sasuke.nomaki.jp/poser/free/free_dl/free_dl.html

new site contains nudity

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2008 at 1:42 PM

excellent junkbot, tent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.