Thu, Sep 19, 6:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:06 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: BVH FILES

Eiseprod ( ) posted Sun, 11 January 2009 at 11:25 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 8:40 AM

Hi all, Iam trying to import BVH files to work on an already rigged character. When I import the Bvh file, blender has two options whether to import as an empty or as amrmature. If I import as an:

1. Armature: A new armature is added to the scene in the + Y direction from front view while character is standing up straight in the +Z direction. When press alt A, the newly added armature plays but does not affect the rigged character.
  2. Empty: A series of empties is added to the scene also in the +Y direction and when AltA, it does not affect the mesh.

Please can anyone help me on how to attach BVH files to a rigged character.

Reddog9 ( ) posted Tue, 13 January 2009 at 6:43 PM

That basically sounds like my experience in the past.  I gave up on it for the time being. 

I believe I toyed around with trying to make the bones in my character 'track to' the respectable empties.. But I believe the fact that it was rotated 90 degrees in the wrong direction proved to be a difficult hurdle.

Reddog9
Tutorials, Samples and Models
www.blender3dclub.com

Enivob ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 6:01 PM

If you import as ARMATURE you have to relink the armature to the mesh.

If you already have a working armature that is deforming a mesh, you can import as EMPTIES and simply parent the empties to the controls of your working character rig.

Eiseprod ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 9:29 AM

So how do you relink the aramture to the mesh

Enivob ( ) posted Mon, 16 February 2009 at 3:57 PM

Just use simple parenting.

Say out have a working rig with a foot contol called "l-foot"
Say you have imported  a rig of empties and the empty is called "mt-l-foot"

Select "l-foot" in the 3D window.
Press the N-Key to bring up numeric input and type "mt-l-foot" into the parent field.

Eiseprod ( ) posted Wed, 18 February 2009 at 12:14 PM

OK. Thanks a lot

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.