Mon, Sep 9, 3:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 1:49 PM

Oh Connie!  :(  I"m so sorry to hear about Tigger.  You did everything you could and gave her a safe, loving home. She's playing happily over the rainbow bridge now.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

alizea ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 4:33 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear that :( poor little thing .At least you didn't have to make the decision to ask the vet to put her asleep and you were with her until the end .
Now she's in Cat's Paradise , just aside  my beloved Mimi .

Hope you'll make soon happy a homeless cat .He will never replace your Tiger , no cat can do this , but you'll start a brand new story and it will help you a lot .

Alice's and GND4's Tailor !
Check my free clothing fits : www.alizea3d.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 4:50 PM

Quote - I'm so very sorry to hear that :( poor little thing .At least you didn't have to make the decision to ask the vet to put her asleep and you were with her until the end .
Now she's in Cat's Paradise , just aside  my beloved Mimi .

Hope you'll make soon happy a homeless cat .He will never replace your Tiger , no cat can do this , but you'll start a brand new story and it will help you a lot .

Yes, most definately, I have so much Love left for the little critters.

I went to my local adoption center today, and hung around for a little bit. The lady there saw me looking through the window, all teary-eyed, so she let me in, and we started talking. It's volunteer run. I helped a little bit, but mostly she let me pet and snuggle and play with all the homeless little darlings. I think I spent couple of hours there. There's 8 of them right now, ready to be adopted out.

I wanted to volunteer, especially now that I'm out of a regular 8-5 job, but my schedule is still unpredictable, since I have to chase freelance engineering jobs.... I exchanged phone numbers/emails with the lady, and she'll let me come in on occasions when I can, and help her out. Of all things, she's my namesake... another Conniekat.  I bet it was Tiggers spirit that arranged for this.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

smoke2002 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 4:59 PM

So sorry to hear about Tigger.

I have been following this thread for quite a while and found myself in awe of Tigger's spirit. The way that she continued to fight was truly amazing and inspiring.

I hope you can take comfort in the knowledge that you did everything in your power to help her, especially giving her your love. I'm sure that she will always be in a special place very near your heart.

Taz (my cat) and I are sending you our best wishes.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:23 PM

Hi Connie, I'm so sorry to hear about your lost. I was following this thread every day to see how your kitten was doing and hoping she would be better. It's very sad it ended this way.
I have had animals, cats and dogs, almost all my life and it always hurts very bad when one of them passes away. Hope you find some comfort the coming days.

Best wishes,

Bopperthijs

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:34 PM

Quote - I bet it was Tiggers spirit that arranged for this.

They certainly do want to make sure we have new kitties to take care of us when they're gone.  But not until you're ready, of course. I think she'd be very happy about this.

Ok, I'm going to start crying now... hugs hon. Stay strong.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:43 PM · edited Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:45 PM

Our four cats all send their purrs and snuggles to you, Bubba and your honey.  It's going to be very confusing for Bubba as he is going to miss Tigger.  Give him a special hug from us.

Connie, Mrs. B has worked at a homeless cat shelter; it can be very rewarding but you also have to be very strong due to the heartless, stupid and selfish humans out there.  Mrs. B frequently wanted to kill the people who came in with the most ridiculous reasons for getting rid of their cats.  Not wanting to be pessimistic at you Connie, just pointing out that there is a low side as well as a high side.  Mind you, having an understanding boss would be a help, Mrs. B's boss was a complete idiot!

All our thoughts go out to you; thank you for sharing with us, it's been a privilage to get to know Tigger a little bit.  We all are going to miss her.

Be sure, Tigger's spirit will find you a waif.  So often when we have lost a cat another needy one has tuned up so quickly and very often with similar manerisms.  For example, the only two cats I've ever known who curl their tails corkscrew fashion were our Ninja and Jasper who came to us shortly after he died.  (Jasper came into the cat's home where Mrs. B was working.)

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 5:50 PM

Connie, I just went and looked at your baby pictures.  Was she a Bombay?  She looks just like my Pookie.  Pookie  just jumped up on my lap to agree.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:03 PM

It had to be Tigger that led you to that shelter because she knows how much love you have to share.  When you're ready to take another one into your heart, you'll know it :-)

We will all miss her, but she accomplished something amazing -- she brought all of us together for the sole purpose of caring about one precious kitty and her momma.  She touched a lot of hearts and we're all sending our love to you, Connie.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:10 PM

I don't know if Tigger had any bombay in her. She definately has that cute slightly stubby round face.  I got her and Bubba at a shelter when they were 4 months old. All I know about them is that they were picked up together, and shelter people thought maybe they were littermates.

Pookie looks adorable! Very adorable.

It's hard sitting here at the computer and not having her flick her tail at me for typing instead of paying attention to her. I don't know what to do with myself.

Luckily the adoption center, it is within the local Petco, and only deals with putting kitties where they can be seen vy pet lovers, increasing their chances of getting adopted. Theese are kitties that passed the bill of health and are being trained to be people friendly so they increase their chances of getting adopted.  I couldn't deal with people discarding their pets...

I think since I get very attached, I need to get more then one kitty. We'll see. Tiggers was very extraordinary in may ways, but one of them was that she could take all the hugs and snuggles and babying and being joined at the hip that I could dish out.

I gave Bubba extra treats and snuggles today, but he's our "Little Man", he likes to be close but not so close that I can ruffle his feathers and baby him. He likes few feet space (not too much more then that) and a soft bed with a mirror. He has a thing for mirrors and other cats. He also likes to play, chase kick, bite, and supervise, even at 12 years old, he's very active.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 6:14 PM

Quote - It had to be Tigger that led you to that shelter because she knows how much love you have to share.  When you're ready to take another one into your heart, you'll know it :-)

We will all miss her, but she accomplished something amazing -- she brought all of us together for the sole purpose of caring about one precious kitty and her momma.  She touched a lot of hearts and we're all sending our love to you, Connie.

Thank You... Thank You everyone... It's so very touching.
I'm sorry I'm sticking to mundane descriptions... I'm trying not to weep all day.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 7:32 PM

Oh, hon, NOBODY expects you to be all cheery on a day like this.  How could you be?  Right now, as long as you get through the day, you've done well.

I bet she was at least part Bombay.  They are known for having great personalities, even compared with other cats.  And Tigger sure sounds like she fits the bill.  I heard it comes from their Burmese side (they mixed regular black cats with sable Burmese to get the Bombays).  Pookie used to watch Animal Cops with me, and she would freak out when she heard kittens crying. LOL.

And yeah, that sounds like a much easier place to volunteer than a regular shelter.  I don't know how anyone can bear to give up their pet(s) unless there is absolutely no other way.

Gordon_S ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 7:38 PM

I hope she's okay!! We have several cats, and "mine" spends hours in my lap while I'm working on the computor or reading. Been with me for thirteen years. I'f be bereft without him.
Best of luck,
Gordon

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 7:50 PM

Quote - Oh, hon, NOBODY expects you to be all cheery on a day like this.  How could you be?  Right now, as long as you get through the day, you've done well.

I bet she was at least part Bombay.  They are known for having great personalities, even compared with other cats.  And Tigger sure sounds like she fits the bill.  I heard it comes from their Burmese side (they mixed regular black cats with sable Burmese to get the Bombays).  Pookie used to watch Animal Cops with me, and she would freak out when she heard kittens crying. LOL.

And yeah, that sounds like a much easier place to volunteer than a regular shelter.  I don't know how anyone can bear to give up their pet(s) unless there is absolutely no other way.

Pookie sounds like such a doll!  That's a very cute pic of her you have, in your gallery.

If you guys want to, please post pics of your furbabies here. I want to see them all!

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 8:46 PM

Thanks, Connie.  hugs

Here are my three:

• Buddy was a stray who invited himself to live here last spring. He hates the other kitties.
  • Buddy is very large. (Sorry about the blur.  My hands shake sometimes.)
  • D'Argo was born when we were cat-sitting for my niece, who failed to mention that her cat was pregnant.  He was born with the stubby tail.
  • Pookie in a picture my daughter just took.

They all send their love.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:05 PM

Thank You butterfly fish and the babies. :)

Wow, pookie really is very Tigger like. I hope at one of the kitties I take in will at least look like her.  D'Argo is beautiful, I love orange kitties. There is a loving orange tabby over at the adoption center... the thought crossed my mind to take him. We'll see, I don't let myself make decisions when I'm in this state. Plus, I need to be in the state to pay attention to the kitty in front of me, not looking for Tigger replacement. In the meantime, I can come by the adoption center and love them up.

Buddy looks like he has a cute round muzzle, like my bubba, but in brown - Bubba is a gray tabby.

Bubba and our dog, Bailey are curled up side by side here on the couch in my office, right behind me. I think in the past year Bubba has gotten more attached to the dog, since Tigger hasn't been very playful for quite some time. Hopefully that'll make it easier on Bubba.

scanmead ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:07 PM

(((Connie))) There are no words that can make it easier for you. Both you and Tigger shone in caring for each other, and making these past months as enjoyable as you could. She had lots of pets, and rubs, and nice flavors, and sunny days to savor. Tigger is a much-loved kitty, both by your family and by those of us here. 

Please take some time for yourself? You've been through a lot, and need some time to heal. 

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:19 PM

Smokie and Leftie are brother and sister.  They were born to a stray cat and although I only wanted Smokie she wouldn't stop crying until I brought her brother in.  Now I can't image not having both of them around. 

Leftie on his loveseat.

Pee Wee is the youngest and thus the baby of the family.  He only has one eye which makes for poor depth perception at times.

CreekyPointStudios ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 9:43 PM

I am so sorry to hear this Connie, we all send our condolences for your sad loss :crying: hugs, purrs, meows & woofs from us all :)

Bella x

MaskimXul ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 10:45 PM

Hi Connie, here are my babies.

Here is Luci & CoCo

Arnjun & CoCo

Luci

Luci & CoCo passed out on the couch

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 01 April 2009 at 11:00 PM

Hello there, Connie...

I've been following your thread for a while and I am saddened by your loss.  Animals, I believe, are very loyal and lovable - and losing one is like losing a very close friend or family.  I send you hugs as well.  Stay strong and sweet.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 6:07 AM · edited Thu, 02 April 2009 at 6:14 AM

This is Biff, tired after a hard day's hunting.

I'll get the others up, but I didn't realise I could only put up one picture a day, bear with me.  Our Jasper is cream like Leftie, he's (Jasper is), a big girl's blouse.  Griselda is grey, hairy and convinced she has pedigree, (she hasn't!).  Sophie is tortoiseshell and most of the pictures I have of her are a tangle of feet when she's on her back lol.  She catches squirrels and sucks our their brains . . . guess she thinks she's a zombie!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 2:26 PM

Thank you guys for the kitty pictures. So many little Tiggers out there.

I managed to put on a stoic face and get through a meeting today.... Now I'm home, and need to cry it out.  I'm wearing Tiggers collar as a bracelet, till her ashes come home... Just so her spirit know where to go, and that she's with me forever.

My honey has been so wonderful helping me go through this.

I'm trying to give Bubba as much attention as he will tolerate. He came to sleep in the bedroom, in the kitty beds next to me. I hope he doesn't feel too lost. Usually wherever Tigger would settle for the night, he would be within a few feet too. Most of times it was close to me.... but if she would ever decide to spend a night in a different room, he'd go with her.

I miss her so very much.

I'm grappling with myself for not trying to resucitate her. I think her airway was blocked, or she inhaled some liquid. I did try a little bit, gave her a heimlich in case she was choking... But she was already passed out, and ionly taking a labored breath once every 30 seconds. I thought about trying to breathe for her, but it looked like I'd just torture her. I feel guilty that I didn't try, like I just let her die.  :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 2:27 PM

Quote - I'm grappling with myself for not trying to resucitate her. I think her airway was blocked, or she inhaled some liquid. I did try a little bit, gave her a heimlich in case she was choking... But she was already passed out, and ionly taking a labored breath once every 30 seconds. I thought about trying to breathe for her, but it looked like I'd just torture her. I feel guilty that I didn't try, like I just let her die.  :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

I know logically it wouldn't make any sense to put her through more...
My feelings are so raw and confusing right now :(

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 3:12 PM

Hugs

Connie - you did what you could, and what you should.
Don' t beat yourself up.

Again - HUGS

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 3:37 PM

Hugs

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 3:40 PM

It was her time, Connie, and there was nothing more you could have done for her except let her pass peacefully in your arms.  She wasn't struggling or suffering, she just let go because she knew she was safe and loved with you. 

Please don't second guess what you did -- you did all that you did for Tigger out of LOVE, plain and simple.

{Hugs}

Vickie

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 4:02 PM

Thank You guys and gals. It's so hard to make sense of it all when you're in the middle of it... I know I go on and on... I suck at coping with theese higly emotional things.
It huts so bad, it's all consuming, it hurts physically too.

I did get some additional medication to help with my anxieties ... so I don't end up on a psych watch.

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 4:09 PM

Sorry to answer just now... I hope it's not too late to give you my condolences and those of my wife. She's a vet and she has followed your story carefully, even if we are on the other side of the world. We know you have done all that was humanly possible, and even more, for your little Tigger.

A great hug, Connie. We think of you.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

MadameX ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 5:50 PM

Oh Connie! Even though I've not posted for a while, I've kept up with you and Tigger and rejoiced with each rally she's had. My heart breaks for you as I know exactly how you are feeling. You went way above and beyond to help Tigger and keep her as comfortable and happy as possible and I know that she knew that! Oh God, I wish I could bring her back for you, but if I could do that I'd have my Salem and Sinbad and all my other babies too...

You are ever in my thoughts and prayers and know that Tigger will see you again at the Rainbow Bridge.

3anson ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 6:13 PM

Connie, if you had tried artificial respiration ( kiss of life ) on Tigger you would have probably ruptured her lungs, so you did the right thing. Tigger is there watching you now and probably thinking  of the love and care and affection that you have given each other over the years. do not beat yourself up over her passing. no one could have been a better mom to Tigger and she knew it. and while you cuddled her she felt able to let go and go on to the next cycle of life because she knew it was her time.
i know nothing can ease the ache in your heart right now, but know that we are all here for you if you need another shoulder to cry on.
i'm sorry that i am not good with words but they come from my heart.

many hugs sent to you.
andy

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:01 PM

Quote - Sorry to answer just now... I hope it's not too late to give you my condolences and those of my wife. She's a vet and she has followed your story carefully, even if we are on the other side of the world. We know you have done all that was humanly possible, and even more, for your little Tigger.

A great hug, Connie. We think of you.

Giorgio

Oh, Thank You so much. I was second guessing myself so much whether I was doing the right thing for her. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:26 PM

Thank You guys so very much.

Today I'm doing horrible... to add insult to injury, I had a major problem to deal with.

Many of you probably know I've been out of a job since last march. Out of my usuall well paying engineering job. Unemployment ran out back in october, I'm picking up some projects here and there to scrape by, and a little bit from poser content. Mayve 1/5th of my normal income.

Well, from the busy times, and time of running my business, I have a business line of credit that got stuck at a pretty high balace... around 8K. The bank has being resistant to my making a small good faith payment, which I was willing to make out of my unemployment check. They want things in $500-600 dollar incriments, which for me is astronomical right now... so they just yell and berate me, to a point where I stopped answering their calls.  It's the same effin' bank that took the bailout which will come out of our taxes.

I finally had a little project few weeks ago, and got paid for it. about 4K, to last me, till who knows when I get a next little project.  Well, without notice the bank cleaned out ALL of the money from my checking. Without any notice, for three or four days I've been using the account, and bno charges have been declined.  Today, I find out they cleaned out my personal checking on the account of it being the same bank that does my business banking... this resulted in being $600 overdrawn, and no money to pay for it, because the same people took it all.
Most of it was Tigger's recent vet bills!

My engineering consulting business too has gone under because of the effi'n liberal lending, and banking industry not pacing itself, not because of my irresponsibility. I'm just a little peon that went to school to be an engineer.  I've been with this bank for 16 years, and never so much as bounced a check in my life.

I wound up having a breakdown this afternoon. I was howling and screaming and crying and all that. Poor Bubba was all upset and meowing and hovering, the dog got scared, my poor honey... poor guy.  Usually, when rought things happen, I hug my little Tiggers and have a good cry.  Today, I just wanted to die... it is all too much to deal with, I just wanted to die so I can be with my little baby.

The oddest thing happened while I was in the midst of falling apart, I flipped open my cellphone, and instead of a normal screen, Tiggers picture pops up. A shot I took of her some time ago, I didn't even remember was there.  After I cleared it, it took quite a few keystrokes to find the picture again. If I suddenly died tonight, I wouldn't mind it one bit. Just mix my ashes with Tiggers and use it to fertilize some catnip.

(Don't worry, I won't do anything drastic, I'm just talking about how it feels.)

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:51 PM

Sorry to hear Connie. I hate banks.

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 9:54 PM

HUGS

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:01 PM

So sorry that they've done this to you, Connie.  I hate the banks.  The one that holds my mortgage actually told me that they may consider letting me sign over my house to them (like it was some great favor that they would be doing by giving them my house!) -- I'm not even behind on the payments and they want me to sign a deed in lieu of foreclosure because in their opinion I can no longer afford the loan they were quite happy to give me in 2004.

Sorry for the rant, but whenever I read about banks doing this it just makes my blood boil. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:24 PM · edited Thu, 02 April 2009 at 10:25 PM

Quote - So sorry that they've done this to you, Connie.  I hate the banks.  The one that holds my mortgage actually told me that they may consider letting me sign over my house to them (like it was some great favor that they would be doing by giving them my house!) -- I'm not even behind on the payments and they want me to sign a deed in lieu of foreclosure because in their opinion I can no longer afford the loan they were quite happy to give me in 2004.

Sorry for the rant, but whenever I read about banks doing this it just makes my blood boil. 

Yeap, we're going through something similar on that end too... don't even get me started.

Anyway, I don't want you guys to worry too much, I'm mostly just venting because this is all way more then neurotic litlle ole me can handle.  I'll get the money situation sorted out eventually, I have marketable skills, I'll find a way.

This just happened at the worst possible time, and I guess writing it all out is part of getting throught it.

A big huge warm thank you to each and every one of you whom are reading through all this... I'll find a way to make it up to you somehow as soon as I can.

My sweet little Bubba-cat is hovering close, and has dozed off here on my desk... I'm glad to see him staying close... of course, I'm lavishly bribing him with treats, so he knows he's welcome.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 1:51 AM

This little kitty is starting to catch my eye... I may have to at least make the call and see if I can visit her and if she's still available.
http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/1099392163.html

My honey wants a kitten, maybe a kitty whom just had kittens would end up being friendly towards a little kitten...  Everyone wants a kitten... but homeless adult cats are just as loving.
I dunno, I need to go to sleep, but I'm all wound up....

Tiggers, would you let mommy have a Tigger look-alike, or would that be too weired?

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 2:15 AM

She's beautiful, and she looks so sweet (I mean just look at that face!)

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:08 AM · edited Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:15 AM

Dear, dear Connie, all that needs to be said about not beating yourself up has been.  We’ve all advised others not to, but still play the what-if game with ourselves.  It was Tigger’s time to go and she went in her mom’s arms; what could be better than that?

Banks are the scum of the earth (we’re suing ours), and we’re so sorry that you have to deal with them as well at this time.  We do send hugs but it’s difficult over so many time zones, we wish we could hug you in the flesh.  I’m sure that Tigger had something to do with the picture on your phone, she’s with you and always will be.  Her spirit will find you no matter what.

Give Cher a loving home as you gave one to Tigger.  When our black cat Ninja died there was a black cat at the cat’s home where Mrs. B worked.  We didn’t think we could take him but via various circumstances we ended up with him a couple of years later.  Ninja wanted us to have Biff and so we did.

Your honey is there for you to lean on and so are we if you need us.  If you ever want to PM anybody just to sound off, we are here for you.

This is Ninja.

MadameX ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:47 AM

Oh Connie...it breaks my heart to hear what the bank has done to you, on top of losing Tiggers! This financial crisis we are all going thru is just SO the pits! And the banks act like they've done nothing wrong! I hope things get all sorted out for you.

And little Cher looks so adorable; she reminds me of my Miss Betty (Boop). Named her that because she had such big eyes and made me think of Betty. And she deserves such a loving, caring mommy like you! I'm sure Tigger would approve, too!

Sending big hugs and many purrs from all my babies your way!

albertdelfosse ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:03 PM · edited Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:07 PM

Connnie: Sorry to hear about you loss. I really hoped that tigger would pull thru. Don't feel bad about thinking you could have done more,etc. It was tigger's time to go, much as we hate it. Think of all the happyness she gave to you, and others. Also, she is no longer in any pain, and enjoying warm sun filled fields of catnip with all the kitties that have gone on before, waiting for there loved ones to join them.

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge...

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

Your beloved fur-babies are waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....
Your beloved fur-babies are waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

hugs

scanmead ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:32 PM

ahhh... banks are once again showing their true colors, despite all their friendly, foo-foo marketing. Insurance companies and banks... mindless money sharks. Just like in the 1930's, when the going gets tough, banks will move in for the kill.

I think Tigger would be proud to see you like black kitties so much, you took in a mommy cat who needs someone to take care of her. It's too sad to think all her kittens found homes and she hasn't.  

albertdelfosse ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 5:38 PM

I found this to late to add to my pose before:

CAT HEAVEN

The way to Cat Heaven is a field of sweet grass
where crickets and butterflies play.

A cat may be late in getting to Heaven . . .
there's so much fun on the way!
But an angel will wait
at the yellow front door,
wait til a kitty
comes home.

And when she arrives,
he'll give her a kiss
and some milk
in a bowl all her own.

There are trees
in Cat Heaven,
trees made just for cats,
trees growing
so green and so high.

But no one gets stuck in a tree
anymore --
if a cat wants down,
she will fly!

And oh the toys,
kitty toys everywhere,
thousands and thousands
go by.

There are buttons and baubles
and small cotton mice --
there is catnip afloat
in the sky!

There are angels,
of course,
with soft angel laps
where kitties can purr
loud and strong.

The angels will rub
kitties' noses and ears
and sing them
a Cat Heaven song.

And when cats are hungry,
there's God's kitchen counter
all covered with
white kitty dishes,
full of tuna and salmon
and mounds of sardines,
and wonderful little pink fishes.

The cats in Cat Heaven
are so loved and spoiled
God lets them all
lie on his bed . . .
He walks in His garden
with a good black book
and a kitty
asleep on His head.

Then when a cat needs,
she may just simply ponder
and watch the blue world deep and wide . . .

She will watch the old house
where she once lived and wandered,
and the people who loved her inside.

All cats love Heaven,
they know the way there,
they know where
the angel cats fly.

They'll run past the stars
and the moon and the sun . . .
. . . to curl up with God in the sky.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:36 PM

Oh, you guys are so wonderful to me. I can't thank you enough!
Big warm loving hug to each and every one of you. I'm sorry, I'm still too drained to give all the personal attention I should be giving you guys!

Banks, yuck!  I wrote couple letters about it to the consumer affairs yesterday, and they will get published. They also keep tabs on theese things to see if there's a pattern. In this case, if there's a class action suit, they know to include you.  I think the banks may be manipulating things to increase their fees... to try and cover up for losses on the other end.  I'll do exactly what they don't want me to do, when I get some money, it's going under that proverbial mattress.

Bleh, enough about them.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:37 PM

Quote -  

Dear, dear Connie, all that needs to be said about not beating yourself up has been.  We’ve all advised others not to, but still play the what-if game with ourselves.  It was Tigger’s time to go and she went in her mom’s arms; what could be better than that?

Banks are the scum of the earth (we’re suing ours), and we’re so sorry that you have to deal with them as well at this time.  We do send hugs but it’s difficult over so many time zones, we wish we could hug you in the flesh.  I’m sure that Tigger had something to do with the picture on your phone, she’s with you and always will be.  Her spirit will find you no matter what.

Give Cher a loving home as you gave one to Tigger.  When our black cat Ninja died there was a black cat at the cat’s home where Mrs. B worked.  We didn’t think we could take him but via various circumstances we ended up with him a couple of years later.  Ninja wanted us to have Biff and so we did.

Your honey is there for you to lean on and so are we if you need us.  If you ever want to PM anybody just to sound off, we are here for you.

This is Ninja.

Ninja is adorable. I love his muzzle.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:47 PM · edited Fri, 03 April 2009 at 11:48 PM

My babys ashes came home today. She's here with me again. I have to make a very special spot for her.

She also sent me a new baby to take care of.  I mustered up the courage to pick up the phone and call about Cheri,. the kitty in the picture.

Sh is little a momma-cat whom had kittens (se was a teenage momma cat), barely a year old.
She is very sweet and friendly. Came out of a hose of an old lady whom recently died - the lady had a LOT of cats. Her son gave the cats to the county animal control, and normally, they tell me, pregnant females are killed right away in theese cases.

This one lucked out, that a woman whom does 'foster homing' for kitties in transition took her on, waited till the kittens were adoptable, found them homes, and Momma cat was left, waiting for a home. She's barely a year old, so practically a kitten herself. 

I don't know what her name will be yet. Cheri was a quick name they gave her at the foster place, but they never called her that. The foster home called her 'Momma-Cat'. So, we'll see what her real name will be. My honey says it should start with B, since we have Bubba and Bailey (our dog) at home.

She's found a spot in the bedroom right now, on a shelf with fresh towels. I left her in there with my honey, he's sleeping and snoring - I hope that sounds like a purr to her. Let her get used to the sounds and smells in a safe spot. She was already purring and snuggling. Very loud purr, for a tiny little thing. I'm told she took most wonderful care of her kittens - 6 of them. Now it's her time to be like a kitten again, and be spoiled, loved and doted on!

They didn't even charge me an adoption fee. I guess mom-cats are very hard to adopt out. She is spayed now, and current on all her shots. If you guys missed it, this is the new baby's picture: http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/pet/1099392163.html

Tiggers will not be replaced in any way, there will never be another Tiggers. The new baby will have to carve her own way. 

magicmoondesigns ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 12:25 AM

I'm glad Tigger's ashes are there with you.  I remember what a comfort it was when my dog Cocoa passed away and we got her ashes back.  It was like having some sort of closure.

I'm glad you brought your new baby home, she sounds like a wonderful kitty! 

Sending lots of hugs and purrs for you, your honey, Bubba, Bailey and the new kitty!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 4:54 AM

I know that Cheri will never replace Tigger, Biff didn't replace Ninja, each cat has their own personality and is wonderful in their own way.  Cheri has fallen on her feet having you for her mom.  Remember all the good times with Tigger and look forward to all the good times with Cheri.  Hugs to you, your honey and your pets.

This is Griselda

scanmead ( ) posted Sat, 04 April 2009 at 7:31 AM

Congratulations on the new member of your family, Connie! I'm sure Tigger is purring at you right now. We're looking forward to finding out what the new kitty's personality will be, and how much Bubba likes her (once any hissing stops). Baily, of course, will have a good time sniffing all over her. ;)  

Whoa, CardinalBiggles, Griselda is a beauty! 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.