Thu, Sep 19, 6:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 6:38 pm)

Subject: Service Release 2

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:05 AM

file_443269.png

Irradiance cache 75

Génération mobiles Le Forum / Le Site

ypvs ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:08 AM

Is it just me or has the render sequence chaged? It used to be- load textures on preview screeen, change to blank render screen, render. Now seems to be- change to last render, load textures, change to blank render screen, render.

A minor point I know, but it irritates me :(

Poser 11 , 180Gb in 8 Runtimes, PaintShop Pro 9
Windows 7 64 bit, Avast AV, Comodo Firewall
Intel Q9550 Quad Core cpu,  16Gb RAM, 250Gb + 250Gb +160Gb HD, GeForce GTX 1060

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:16 AM

file_443270.png

Irradiance cache 100

LazyLeopard ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 5:43 AM

file_443274.jpg

My first impression is that something in IDL has been streamlined significantly. The first SR2 render I kicked off I expected to take all night, but wheras SR1 had taken 11 hours or so, SR2 took only 3 hours. There does seem to be a difference in the way reflections (I think?) are rendering:

NoelCan ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:25 AM

AS well as improving the lighting,  P8 is no longer hogging the CPU in OS 10.6.2..Yaaaay
Thanks Smith Micro...!!

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:40 AM

Quote - Irradiance cache 100

interesting.

so rendertime will be loooooooooooooooong :) 

Anthanasius ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:49 AM

Yes very long at 100 firefly dont precalculate idl

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:54 AM

well lets hope they will fix this for SR3.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:10 AM

Quote - AS well as improving the lighting,  P8 is no longer hogging the CPU in OS 10.6.2..Yaaaay
Thanks Smith Micro...!!

It's so nice to see you happy, Noel! I noticed something about rendering and CPU, too, on Windows. My fan doesn't run anymore, even though the CPU usage is still reporting 100%. Weird.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:11 AM

Quote - Irradiance cache 100

Right. As you say, Anth, at IC=100 there is no caching. And that is the actual bug - the cache is not consulted for a reflection. Turning off caching doesn't show the bug is gone - it demonstrates it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 9:05 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'm glad I checked here.  I didn't know about SR2.  How come SM hasn't sent us an email regarding an update?

Because according to SM rep statement in the other P8 thread. Your suppose to have your computer connected to the internet to get the updates. Does not matter that many of us don't have our main machines connected or that many turn that option off the first time they open poser. It's how they are doing it and we are not to expect any notifications.

Just one more way to not service their customers. Way to go SM!

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 9:32 AM

My computer is connected to the Internet at all times, and P8 preferences are set to check for updates on launch. Yet I have not received notifications of the hot fix, SR1 or SR2. Come to think of it, P7 never found updates either. I always learned about them here.

imax24 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 9:40 AM

Another lingering library bug after SR2, at least on P8 Mac.... Sometimes, but not in any way I can reliably reproduce, the + sign disappears from the library. That is, I will be in a Props folder and have a prop selected in my scene, but cannot add it to the library because the + button is gone. Sometimes going out of the folder and back in again will restore it, other times that does not work and P8 must be relaunched.

This is not directly tied to the bugs mentioned above (Undo failing or menu commands being grayed out) because it does not happen at the same time. Bagginsbill could elaborate, but I don't think library bugs such as this are related to general memory bugs.

ice-boy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 10:34 AM

Quote - > Quote - Irradiance cache 100

Right. As you say, Anth, at IC=100 there is no caching. And that is the actual bug - the cache is not consulted for a reflection. Turning off caching doesn't show the bug is gone - it demonstrates it.

yeah this is the funny part. the reflection doesnt change when you use the IC.the reflection should just look up the shadows from the IDL.

i really hope they will fix this for SR3. if not then i will get really mad.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 12:19 PM

Quote - Just one more way to not service their customers. Way to go SM!

Ouch. Not a fair observation, but heck, this is Rendo.

Check out my blog post about the various ways we get the word out. Automatic notification will be turned on later this week.

poser8.smithmicro.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi

Zaycrow ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 3:15 PM

Quote - Another lingering library bug after SR2, at least on P8 Mac.... Sometimes, but not in any way I can reliably reproduce, the + sign disappears from the library. That is, I will be in a Props folder and have a prop selected in my scene, but cannot add it to the library because the + button is gone.

Don't feel alone with that problem. I just found out I have it too when I was trying to save a light setup to the Light folder. Im not a Mac user so I guess all can experience this. I don't know how to reproduce it so I can't report it as they always ask for this.

The morphing tool that should be fixed with SR2 isn't fixed. Trying to correct pokethroughs still disturbs the morphing path you want by other clothes, lights and magnets.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 3:41 PM

yes, athan, no lites in my previous image.
at least now everybody knows how to do it, pending the next patch.
personally i am opposed to caching or interpolation of these occlusion shadows.
they may provide further tips on how to do this, but most users will disable IDL and will be trying to render human figures with little or no reflection.

RodS ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:07 PM

Quote - Tonight, I downloaded and installed SR2 on this computer just to see what would happen. So far, this evening, I've done several renders with 'final' quality @ 1960 X 2000 pixels using 4 threads, and NO LOCK-UPS!!!

I'm hoping that this has fixed the problem, but we'll just have to see. This issue has had a way of coming back the next day after working ok for one night. > Quote -

.....Sigh........

Nope. Render lock-ups are back .....

Back to the laptop.....

:sad: 

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:15 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Just one more way to not service their customers. Way to go SM!

Check out my blog post about the various ways we get the word out. Automatic notification will be turned on later this week.

Well, It does say pretty much the same thing I did in my post.

Quote - Lastly, as we can schedule it, a mailing is distributed to those that opt-in to recieve information from SMSI.

Why notify registered users last at some later date. I think it's great that you post here in the forum and I would hate to be the one blamed that you quit because of something I said. But why do we have to chase to other sites like facebook? Or am I the only one that does not use that kind of stuff and the only one that does not have thier main computers connected to the net.

I would think that, as a registered user, I would be sent a courtesy mail first or at least second after posting in these forums. Within 24hr period. I take it that those of us pro users that bought into the buy P8 beta 2010 thing will only know if we chase down those blog sites?

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:27 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Just one more way to not service their customers. Way to go SM!

Well, It does say pretty much the same thing I did in my post.

Quote - Lastly, as we can schedule it, a mailing is distributed to those that opt-in to recieve information from SMSI.

Why notify registered users last at some later date. I think it's great that you post here in the forum and I would hate to be the one blamed that you quit because of something I said. But why do we have to chase to other sites like facebook? Or am I the only one that does not use that kind of stuff and the only one that does not have thier main computers connected to the net.

I would think that, as a registered user, I would be sent a courtesy mail first or at least second after posting in these forums. Within 24hr period. I take it that those of us pro users that bought into the buy P8 beta 2010 thing will only know if we chase down those blog sites?

Lot's of odd italicizations happening - weird...

If you pay attention to the forums, and I've a hunch you do, you'll always know first, because that's the nature of forums and online info - instant distribution. Then once you've downloaded it, you won't get the in-app update notice when it goes live. Email is our last notification stage, too many chances for it to get filtered, lost, ignored, it's not very effective. The very best system has been the in-app notification. And by a huge majority, our users have internet access on their Poser machine. We wait to turn on the in-app system until the installers have proven they are playing nicely.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:41 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 6:41 PM

Miss one little bracket on a quote and the rest of the post gets wierd. LOL.

Thanks for the answer. I thought there were more of us than just me that don't let our main machines on the net and don't use facebook type forums.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:43 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 7:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Just one more way to not service their customers. Way to go SM!

poser8.smithmicro.com/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi

I don't see what wasn't fair about it. I could list the failures to service "This" customer but I honestly don't feel like dragging up the history of it all in the forums here. This being Rendo has absolutely nothing to do with it and frankly that statement says a lot about just the sort of service thinking I'm referring to. Slamming Rendo for your problems doesn't reflect well on SM/CP.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 10:15 PM

He didn't slam rendo. How inflammatory. You like to read negativity into everything, because you think everyone is like you.

This is Rendo, as in, this is where all the whiners come to whine, a lot.

LOL.

NoelCan ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 10:18 PM

Like Me.......

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 10:38 PM

Quote - He didn't slam rendo. How inflammatory. You like to read negativity into everything, because you think everyone is like you.

LOL.

And the fact that you don't find that statement you just made to be inflammatory in and of itself speaks volumes BB!

stardust ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:27 PM · edited Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:40 PM

Well, the library still sucks - it's been over eight minutes and I still can only access about 2/3rds of my pose folder :( It seems to have stopped completely -  wish they would go back to the old library menu!

EDIT: So it seems I had to install the latest Flash Player in Internet Explorer to get it to work - now it only takes 3 minutes to load - better than never :) 

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - He didn't slam rendo. How inflammatory. You like to read negativity into everything, because you think everyone is like you.

LOL.

And the fact that you don't find that statement you just made to be inflammatory in and of itself speaks volumes BB!

You respond to things nobody said. I did not say that I didn't find my own statement to be inflammatory. It was intentionally so, because you're a bully and my response to bullying is to bully back.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 18 November 2009 at 11:41 PM

I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. sr2,  the library loads faster now. It all works.

Now if would just fix that skinny scroll bar that many, many in these forums asked since P8 first came out, I would not mind the new library.

Is that a legit complaint or is that classified as a whine because I posted to the R'sity forum.

bantha ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:35 AM

Well, from what I've seen from SR2, its  an improvement. I like the faster renders a lot, if Firefly continues to go that way, the Vue users will render in FF for speed gains... :lol:

There are still some bugs that have to be ironed out, but for now, I 'm satisfied with what I've got. The comma issue is gone, the only nuisance which I still encounter is that IDL quality still isn't saved in the render settings. After loading a render preset they're always at seven. Since I mostly use D3D's render script, this isnt't that much of a problem, but still - that should have been fixed.

But I'm really glad about the improvements in render time. That's a pretty good job.

Thanks a lot for that.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Paloth ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 1:39 AM

Is the Setup Room functioning correctly in sr2? I had heard it was crashing in beta for Windows 7. 

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 2:33 AM

sr1 has been doing quite well for me, not sure I want to install sr2. 3ds Max however, has begun to crash on me with ever growing frequency lately. It's old, guess I need to upgrade. :laugh:

SM seems to be  on top of customer service IMO. Consider they have now put out 2 service releases in short order. Not many companies would do that.

Well at any rate I hope Poser continues on this new path, updated programming etc. With the economy in the mess it's in, I fully expect there may not be another Poser, SM would be delinquent in their obligations to their investors to continue a money draining app for such a small customer base.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Zaycrow ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 2:37 AM

Quote -  The comma issue is gone, the only nuisance which I still encounter is that IDL quality still isn't saved in the render settings. After loading a render preset they're always at seven.

First hit "Save Settings" and then "Save Preset". It only took me a week to find that out :-) But it worked for me.

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 4:49 AM

Quote - > Quote - Irradiance cache 100

IC=100 in the render settings dialog does not turn off caching for IDL. (the D3D dialog might, I never use it so I don't know) It does turn off caching for AO, but not IDL. IDL without caching is either very slow or very noisy, depending on how much samples you use.

If you really want to see it without any caching, type this into the Python console:

poser.Scene().CurrentFireFlyOptions().SetGIMaxError(0)
poser.Scene().CurrentFireFlyOptions().SetGINumSamples(32)

Also, keep in mind that shiny spheres on ground planes are test cases for shiny spheres on ground planes. That test case obviously has issues, but that doesn't mean that figures in front of mirrors in rooms will.

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:06 AM

file_443355.png

This is normal render

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:07 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:09 AM

file_443357.jpg

And this is after entering poser.Scene().CurrentFireFlyOptions().SetGIMaxError(0) poser.Scene().CurrentFireFlyOptions().SetGINumSamples(32)

A bit grainy ...

Anthanasius ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:10 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:10 AM

and when you go to the D3D panel you see sample 32 Irradiance caching 100 ...

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 5:17 AM

@ BB and others
The library skroll bar;
If SM absolutely want it the same size as the others, (and there is some logic in that),  there is another solution.
Put it on the left side of the library box.
More clearly visible, and away from the side of the screen, it might solve some problems...some seem to have. Better ergonomics, just a proposition.

@paloth
Recently i'v had no "setup room" issues any more; (running Windows 7 RC1, on an ATI Radeon card)

@stewer
that is what test pilots are for. LOL.

@  To all

Why is everybody so "on the edge" lately?

Poser is supposed to bring fun? Art? Amusement?

Better all work together  to keep this great piece of software on track.

Report, propose;
SM is listening, and reacting, that is a huge advantage, becoming very rare these days.
Be constructive.

@ Ant
You from France? Me from Belgium.

@ To all
have a nice day.

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

stewer ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 7:15 AM

Quote - @stewer
that is what test pilots are for. LOL.

And that is why the beta testers are absolute rock stars. Your perseverance and endurance contributes a lot to quality and stability.

RobbyBobby ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 7:50 AM

Yesterday I saw the news about SR2.  I downloaded and installed it.  The library still doesn't work for me unless I drop down to Diagnostic Mode.  I'll be sticking with Poser 7 for the time being.

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 9:03 AM

Not sure why SM would insist that the scroll bars be so narrow, unless they based their judgments on a laptop screen where it looked wide enough. On a large monitor such as most use in graphics work, it is so frustrating.

Is there a line in the preferences text file where we could change 6 pixels to 12 or 20 pixels if we choose?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 9:37 AM

First, I'll agree that it should be adjustable.

But when you guys talk about laptop versus large monitor, and how the laptop drove the decision, I don't understand that. My laptop is 1920x1200, just like a big monitor. The experience one has of positioning the mouse to within 6 pixels on a laptop is identical to the experience of being on a big screen at the same resolution, except that the scrollbar is physically smaller on a laptop. The manual dexterity required to move the mouse over the thumb is identical - 6 pixels out of 1920. From a control-of-mouse point of view, the experience is the same. It is really an issue of how wide it looks, but the argument being made is backward. It is more difficult to see the thin scrollbar on a laptop than it is on a big 26" monitor. So if that were the driving factor, the argument would be the other way around.

OK, now we don't actually need to zero in on why the designers made the decision, because who cares? The point is, you (and I) want it wider, and we don't need to justify this on the basis of screen size or resolution. I want it wider. End of discussion.

As I posted before, I can make it wider, but SM graphic/usability people need to accept that the slick-looking space-saving scrollbar is a loser. And this skinny scrollbar isn't just in the library - it is also in the parameter dials, and has the same issues. If I change it in the library, you still have a problem with parameter dial scrolling, or heirarchy tree scrolling, etc.

This is the heart of the issue - SM needs to change the scrollbar everywhere. I can change it in the library in two seconds, because it is in Flex. The rest of the GUI, however, I suspect is not so easy.

From a technical standpoint, there is no preference you can adjust. The size of the thumb image decides the matter, and until SM gives me a wider thumb image (or a set of various sized thumbs) and I build those into the Flex app, you cannot adjust it.

By the way, I am now back on the Poser project, working with SM on the next iteration of the library GUI, both for Poser Pro 2010 and for SR3 of Poser 8. For the last three months, that was not the case.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 9:38 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - He didn't slam rendo. How inflammatory. You like to read negativity into everything, because you think everyone is like you.

LOL.

You respond to things nobody said. I did not say that I didn't find my own statement to be inflammatory. It was intentionally so, because you're a bully and my response to bullying is to bully back.

Oh I'm the bully? Yeah right! Saying that anyone who has any sort of complaint is a whiner in order to silence them isn't the least bit bullying which in effect is just what Coop did when he made his blanket statement about "Oh this is Rendo" with "Where the whiners whine" being implied. The fact that you went on to give his thoughts words just shows you're in agreement with him. Frankly, I find it tiresome that someone who has so little regard for the membership around here even takes the time to post.

It's the exact same attitude towards Poser users that was repeatedly voiced by CP Forum moderators time and time again. "Oh, they're just Poser users, a whiney childish bunch!" whenever there was the least bit of a complaint that something wasn't working or that a promised item wasn't being released. Well thank GOD for Rosity, where people are allowed to dissent as long as they don't break the TOS as you've been known to do, by getting personal with attacks.

imax24 ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:02 AM

All this... both the spectrum of styles of complaining and the spectrum of reaction to it... is hardly unique to Poser users or Rendo readers. Maybe the forum for Ladies Tea Time at Martha's Vineyard is not quite so cutthroat. Maybe.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:08 AM

Quote - It's the exact same attitude towards Poser users that was repeatedly voiced by CP Forum moderators time and time again. "Oh, they're just Poser users, a whiney childish bunch!" whenever there was the least bit of a complaint that something wasn't working or that a promised item wasn't being released. Well thank GOD for Rosity, where people are allowed to dissent as long as they don't break the TOS as you've been known to do, by getting personal with attacks.

As an old timer in these parts, I feel I have to comment. It used to be that the forums in the various communities were a place where people shared information. The noise ratio was a lot lower back then. And yes, the Poser and DAZ folks even popped in once in a while and were not only welcome, they were more a part of the community back then as well. That is no longer the case because something has definitely changed along the way. There is WAY too much "dissent"  and it now appears to be fashionable to bash on Smith Micro and DAZ at any available opportunity.

I might be wrong ... but if something doesn't work, what good does it to do complain about it in a forum?  The way I see it is you go to a forum to find out if someone else might be having a similar problem and to see if they found a solution. If your problem is confirmed and no one has yet found a solution, it won't do any good to continue complaining about it in the forums ... the best thing to do is let the appropriate software company KNOW about it so that they can fix it. Anything else is a complete waste of time and energy.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:12 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:19 AM

Quote - > Quote - It's the exact same attitude towards Poser users that was repeatedly voiced by CP Forum moderators time and time again. "Oh, they're just Poser users, a whiney childish bunch!" whenever there was the least bit of a complaint that something wasn't working or that a promised item wasn't being released. Well thank GOD for Rosity, where people are allowed to dissent as long as they don't break the TOS as you've been known to do, by getting personal with attacks.

As an old timer in these parts, I feel I have to comment. It used to be that the forums in the various communities were a place where people shared information. The noise ratio was a lot lower back then. And yes, the Poser and DAZ folks even popped in once in a while and were not only welcome, they were more a part of the community back then as well. That is no longer the case because something has definitely changed along the way. There is WAY too much "dissent"  and it now appears to be fashionable to bash on Smith Micro and DAZ at any available opportunity.

I might be wrong ... but if something doesn't work, what good does it to do complain about it in a forum?  The way I see it is you go to a forum to find out if someone else might be having a similar problem and to see if they found a solution. If your problem is confirmed and no one has yet found a solution, it won't do any good to continue complaining about it in the forums ... the best thing to do is let the appropriate software company KNOW about it so that they can fix it. Anything else is a complete waste of time and energy.

The problem with that point of view Deecy is just this. SM had forums at CP where problems were brought to their attention and instead of resolving them or attempting to resolve them, they closed their forums. Now they want to come here and silence complaints on forums they don't even run, and that's just wrong.

I too get just as tired seeing complaints that have been voiced being repeated adnauseum, but you know what? I'd rather be able to see them and be aware of the issues that others are having when it comes time to make my purchase decisions than to not see any what so ever and walk blindly into a purchase I won't be happy with.

While we're at it, let's look at these Cold Calls SM is now making trying to push people to buy Poser 8 who already HAVE Poser 8. This shows a complete disregard for their customer base! They have my cellphone number along with a valid P8 serial number on file, but yet they'll call my cellphone costing me airtime in order to try to sell me something I already have. At this point I'm sorry I gave my cellphone when I registered but a phone number was asked for and I don't have a land line so I gave it. Now it's costing me money.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:27 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:31 AM

"The problem with that point of view Deecy is just this. SM had forums at CP where problems were brought to their attention and instead of resolving them or attempting to resolve them, they closed their forums. Now they want to come here and silence complaints on forums they don't even run, and that's just wrong."

I will admit that I didn't go to CP a lot. But I do have to comment on that.

You see that little line at the very top of the screen here that reports the number of users online here?  Most times that I come in here, the number is WELL OVER 3000 people at a time.

Now ... whenever I found my way to the Content Paradise forums I took a look at the number of users online there at any given time.  Usually it was somewhere between 30 and 60 people. I think the "most users online" was a figure under 500 if I remember correctly (and that either related to a software release, or some skuttlebut about Apollo Max LOL).  BUT ... if the average amount of traffic there was only one or two percent of the traffic here, would it make sense to keep it open?

So ... the Content Paradise forums were a resource that wasn't being used that much as far as I can see, and when it WAS used, it did have a very high signal to noise ratio. In a way, I can understand in part why it was closed, though it's unfortunate. Had it had better community support, though, things might have been different. Who knows.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:35 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:36 AM

Well I can't speak to the numbers online at CP 1 because I never bothered to look and 2 I stopped using their forums long before they closed them because of just the attitude I've pointed out here. When they first opened and Passport was thriving, I'm certain they had more traffic than they did in the end. The problem is, like myself, they drove a lot of people off with their hamfisted form of moderation through intimidation.

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:49 AM · edited Thu, 19 November 2009 at 10:55 AM

Quote - Well I can't speak to the numbers online at CP 1 because I never bothered to look and 2 I stopped using their forums long before they closed them because of just the attitude I've pointed out here. When they first opened and Passport was thriving, I'm certain they had more traffic than they did in the end. The problem is, like myself, they drove a lot of people off with their hamfisted form of moderation through intimidation.

A lot of the attitudes, noise and complaints in the forums (ALL of them, not just CP)  drove me away a long time ago too, which is a reason that I don't post in any of the community forums that much any more. Like I say, something has changed along the way, and it's just not the same as it used to be.

It seems you are accepted here if you complain. If you say something positive, you're accused of being a brainwashed "fangirl" by those who complain the loudest.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:00 PM

Quote - Miss one little bracket on a quote and the rest of the post gets wierd. LOL.

Thanks for the answer. I thought there were more of us than just me that don't let our main machines on the net and don't use facebook type forums.

Glad to be able to answer your question. It was blog-worthy when it came up a few days ago.

Coop

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 19 November 2009 at 12:05 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well I can't speak to the numbers online at CP 1 because I never bothered to look and 2 I stopped using their forums long before they closed them because of just the attitude I've pointed out here. When they first opened and Passport was thriving, I'm certain they had more traffic than they did in the end. The problem is, like myself, they drove a lot of people off with their hamfisted form of moderation through intimidation.

A lot of the attitudes, noise and complaints in the forums (ALL of them, not just CP)  drove me away a long time ago too, which is a reason that I don't post in any of the community forums that much any more. Like I say, something has changed along the way, and it's just not the same as it used to be.

It seems you are accepted here if you complain. If you say something positive, you're accused of being a brainwashed "fangirl" by those who complain the loudest.

Well I still consider myself a fanboi of Poser, I'm just not a fan of those who bash those who have issues with it. I like Poser 8. I haven't had all the problems others have had with it with the exception of one that was fixed with the hotfix patch. I have been a Poser buyer since version 4 and have every version between there and here. So yeah, I like Poser A LOT. I just don't like how the people who created it come across in public some times like calling their customers unfair whiners, either directly or via implied remarks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.