Fri, Aug 2, 10:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 7:00 pm)

Subject: Conforming figures with Daz Figure Set-up tools.... Interested?

theschell ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:12 PM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 6:50 PM

Hey all... i've managed to work out the method for creating Poser-ready, Fully compatable conforming figures using only Daz's Figure Set-up Tools and a modelling app... if people are interested i'll work out a mini-tut that you can follow to try and do this as well... drop me a line in this thread or on sitemail if you're interested...

Avros ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 1:47 PM

Yes please! I would like to see a Tutorial, as this area is not my best and any help will be greatly appreciated.

theschell ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 2:00 PM ยท edited Thu, 04 March 2010 at 2:03 PM

Give me a few days to set up some example screen shots and i'll get one going here in the forum... but it'll require several posts over a few days so bear with me... ;)

please note that this tut will require atleast a basic familiarity with rigging in Daz's Figure Set-up tools.. but i'll try to make this as easy to follow as possible... and since i use Hexagon from Daz as my modelling app my screen shots and info will be based on that.. results and set-up may be different in other apps... but this should atleast give you some guidelines to follow...ย 

tom271 ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 7:05 PM

Looking forwards to it...

ย  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

theschell ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:20 PM

i'm going out of town for a trip tommorrow night and will be back next week... i have some basic screen shots done (worked on them this afternoon) and when i get back i'll start a tut thread here for everyone...

infinity10 ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 9:55 PM

Looking forward to it

Eternal Hobbyist

ย 

DustRider ( ) posted Thu, 04 March 2010 at 11:02 PM

Thanks! Should be very helpful, and will be greatly appreciated!

My Rendo Galleryย ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 12:07 AM

Woot! Thanks!

JackieD ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 1:47 AM

I'd love a tute too. I bought the Set Up Tools when it came out and have been too scared to open it :-).
Thanks!

theschell ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 12:57 PM

i hear ya... a new program or process can be pretty daunting when you start out with it.... the stuff for this tut i'll be putting up i only just got sorted out last week... after a year of trying... Daz needs better tuts and more support for their programs... there's next to nothing for the Figure Set-up tools...

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 6:20 PM

Well, just to let off a mini-rant, simply put,ย  where it comes to manuals, Daz support simply sucks. While the program is wonderfully intuitive in the way it's interface is setup, I think it would be a lot better if they would use *chm files for help format. (that's the standard help window you get in most programs) instead of just pdf files and wiki's. Chms also take less resources than adobe reader and browsers.
rant ends

Avros ( ) posted Fri, 05 March 2010 at 11:14 PM

Quote - Daz support simply sucks. While the program is wonderfully intuitive in the way it's interface is setup, I think it would be a lot better if they would use *chm files for help format.

Agreed! Keeping things simple always works. We should not have to write their manuals for them.
Thanks to all the artist that share their talents and tutorials for the rest of us to learn from.

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:11 AM ยท edited Sat, 06 March 2010 at 12:11 AM

Quote -
Agreed! Keeping things simple always works. We should not have to write their manuals for them.
Thanks to all the artist that share their talents and tutorials for the rest of us to learn from.

I agree wholeheartedly. More help and instruction comes from the community than ever came from the source. I may be dating myself here, but I remember when software used to ship with a manual. and the help menu was not a link to a wiki.

theschell ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 4:56 PM

yeppers... back in the good old days when they beleived in decnt customer/user supports...lol

Madbat ( ) posted Sat, 06 March 2010 at 10:35 PM

I think that was pre-dell.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 7:08 PM

Very interested, can't wait to see this. I wondered if it was possible to do.

theschell ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:42 PM

it is very possible... i had some help and a sounding board for feed back... and between us we worked out what needed to be done.... i just got home from a 4 day trip... but in the next couple of days i'll start a tut thread here for it now that i'm home again.... won't be much longer and i'm glad to be able to help out... ;)

theschell ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:45 PM ยท edited Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:47 PM

if you want dated lmao... when i went to school for graphic design windows '95 had just come out... windows was so new that it came with a text book and i had to take a class... 10 hours a week in colledge for windows for beginners... lmao... most of our work was still done on a drafting board and in cad design... back in the days when aย 386 was still considered top-of-the-line...ย lmao

Madbat ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:45 PM

Sweet...now if I can get the ogl display issue I have with DS3 fixed, I'll be happy!

Madbat ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:48 PM

I remember that. My first pc cost me $2000 and was loaded with windows 95. My first pc game was myst, and my first photo-editing suite was Corel 3.

theschell ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:49 PM

Ds 3 has a huge and seemingly in-exhaustable supply of probs... lmao... i'm still using 2.5...

theschell ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 10:52 PM

when i finished highschool the school system had just upgraded from Unysis Icom systems to 286's and the colledge i went to had a state of the art comp lab with 386's and comodores... lmao

Madbat ( ) posted Mon, 08 March 2010 at 11:08 PM

heh, I remember the first Mac coming out just after I graduated. I think it cost $900 if I remember correctly. It didn't even have an 8 bit display but it was miles ahead of anything else.

theschell ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 12:40 AM

the first comp i ever learned was an Atari 400 series... was a touch/type keyboard that attached to your tv... lmao.. had a tape recorder for programs and a slot in the keyboard for atari games...

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 12:50 AM

I vaquely remember those. The first computer I ever used was with my older brother in the 70's...there was noย  monitor, it was direct to printer spool. This was back in the era of tape drives and punch cards. He had an account at university comp lab, although he was in Jr High at the time. I think the first game I ever played was Zork...a text adventure game. Half the fun was trying to find the right verbage. I never really learned one till 97.

Avros ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 12:55 AM

You guys are so lucky!
I believe my first computer was an Abacus, and it ran on one bit {digit} :D

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 1:17 AM

C'mon admit it, you used grapes on strings didn't you! Which leads me to believe that you actually ate your first computer.

Avros ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 2:13 AM

You're good, how did you know that?

Grape Abacus

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 8:21 AM

Well, If I told you, I'd have to eat you!

theschell ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 11:37 AM

lmao.... any one remember the tandy or CoCo 2... lmao... you got a games code book and had to manually program each game line by line before you could play it... lmao

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 2:35 PM

I remember the Tandy... never knew about the code book though.

theschell ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 7:37 PM

tut is now up ;)

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 8:00 PM

Groovy!

Madbat ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 8:59 PM

OK, I read the tutorial, that's absolutely awesome! It covers the basic steps really nicely. Thanks for posting that!
One question...If I make clothes for a figure that's already morphed, Do I load the morphed v4 it's intended for or the base alone as stated? I'd find it easier at this stage of knowledge to make clothing and whatnots for specific figures rather than having to model morphs for each morph category I use in the figure. (this is where I wish Daz had a better dynamic clothing system, that would be very handy in making morphs.)

theschell ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:42 AM

you have to make the clothes for the base and then create morphs separately... i tried fooling around a bit with clothing ideas.. just to try things out.... in my tests any morphs on the character when i loaded and copied back to theย  origional figure caused massive distortions in the clothing item... and it was even worse if i copied it back to a pre-morphed character since the "paste to figure" applies it as though the morphs are active in the un-morphed clothing geometry as well...

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:09 AM

Drat, ok that's good to know.

theschell ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:32 AM

it's a pain... but still.. over-all daz has a good tools set here... i just wish they had better supports and info for the end user...

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:42 AM

And a real dynamic cloth system!

theschell ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:00 PM

yeppers.. that would deffenitely be nice... lol

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:38 PM

It would be absolutely awesome if they'd work out the memory and cpu bugs too. I'd like to do a render with idl directional shadows...but so far no luck with D|S 3 64. I'm thinking it was way better on Win xp. so far, since I upgraded to win7 64 I haven't been able to complete an idl render without theย  render grinding to a complete halt.

theschell ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:28 PM

Daz 3 is buggy as it is... ading a whole brandnew series of windows glitches just can't be good... lmao...

i have absolutely no plans to go beyond Daz 2.5 for the time being... it does what i need it to and handles just about everything for poser as well... I've never understood this whole "we finnally have it running well... lets fix it when it aint broke" mentality...

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 6:21 PM

I completely agree, the only thing DS3 has that 2.5 doesn't is shader builder and a pricetag. And Shader builder is unimpressive. So far, most of the features I want to use are unworkable in win7 64.

MRX3010 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:55 PM

Yep I can't get this to work with DS3, your right, it shuts down right after I drag the new object geometry over to the relationship panel. I'll see if I can get it to work in 2.5, should be no problems there.

Madbat ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:28 PM

I just did a vue8 render (free version) at 1400x1000 final quality, full GI lighting in 2 hours, including depth and fog and water with transparency and reflection...yet I can't get Das3 to do a simple idl render using the included om Uberenvironment lights with one character and a scene prop. Go figure.

theschell ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 1:25 AM ยท edited Thu, 11 March 2010 at 1:32 AM

Should work great in 2.3/2.5 they were the best versions of daz... 3 might be good once they work out the bugs... but i'm not holding my breath... i use 2.5 and have never had any major probs with anything really... the skeleton set-up tools can be a bit unstable at times... but not very often and nothing majorly bad which is why i've never switched up... 2.5 and hexagon were used to write my tut actually... lol

Madbat ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 6:59 PM

I know they're working on Daz 4, I haven't seen a DS3 update in a long time now. I'm thinking they'll go straight to 4 so they can charge.

theschell ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 11:21 PM

so much for Daz being kept free huh?... lmao...

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 7:09 AM

I never believed that for a second!

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 9:58 AM

The base is still free.

theschell ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 12:04 PM

True enough RH... but they origionally were going to keep the main program free period... no pay if you want the extras stuff like now and no base program/full pay stuff... they were giving the program for free and making thier money from the 3d models to support the program... which is why i've been using daz... first it was free and second i liked the way daz was doing things... personally i think it's a shame they've sold out...

Madbat ( ) posted Fri, 12 March 2010 at 8:26 PM

I personally am just grumpy DS 3 64 does not seem to like win 7 premium much.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.