Fri, Sep 20, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Poser Pro 2010 release on the horizon...

aeilkema ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 6:10 PM

Here's are my initial impressions..... before starting, I'm running it on my laptop, Core2Duo P8600, 4GbRam (3.5 available), ATI HD 4330, Windows XP Home (32bit). For 64bit I need to be at work.

Install went smooth, no problems at all, it also installs Adobe AIR and you've got no option to refuse it.

First impression.... who in the world makes these intro screens? The P8 one wasn't that good, but this one, eek, awful, imo. Starts up pretty quick, slightly faster then P8 does.

After start up everything looks very familiar, exactly like P8. First problem arises, I hear lot's of clicking, the library appears for a moment and then is gone, blank 404 internet error page. So much for the library. Shut down poser. I'm not going to hassle with that. Installed Dimension XL, uninstalled Adobe AIR, since it wasn't on my system before and deleted all the library stuff from the hard drive. KIDS DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME, unless you know how to add and remove libraries by editing the corresponding xml file.

Restarted Poser Pro 2010, yes it runs fine without the original library. Opened a scene from P8, no problem. Edited my preferences so they're the same as P8 and rendered the scene., no IDL Ouch..... PP2010 is a bit slower then P8. PP2010 takes 6'30 and P8 takes 5'50.

Now I'm wondering what is different? There's an option called multi-threaded bending, goto read up on that one. You can show thumbnails of your recent renders in the workspace, cool, but it takes away from the workspace. The features like render in queue and render in background are there, as well as gamma control, but those aren't new.  The openGL accumulation buffer settings are gone, there's now something called offscreen handling.

In the render features there's an option auxilary render data with settings for the output of indivual psd layers.

That's it so far, I don't see anything else that differs. I know the library has a lot of changes, but I can't comment on that. 

Got to see about IDL to see what's improved on that.

Impression so far..... it's P8 with Poser Pro features added and a few new gimmicks. Nothing earth shattering until now. I really expected something like the hierarchy editor to be modernized.

The background color bug is still there.... select a color and you get black. That one is still in P8 and now also in Poser Pro 2010.

That's it for now, I'm going to bed. I'll play with it tomorrow again, but there seems to be little to play with.

One thing must be said though..... it seems stable, except for the library not showing up at all issue, but I can't be bothered with that really.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 7:21 PM

file_449233.jpg

Well I've just finished my first render in it. I installed it in Windows 7 Professional. No content or legacy content yet, they're still downloading like molasses, but I blame my slow cable connection more than CP's servers. 1meg DL speeds suck but at the moment can't afford to upgrade my speed.

The library works perfectly on my system. I installed my PP2010 Content runtime on my content drive with the rest of my content. Linked all 30+ of my runtimes (I really wish they'd find a way to automate this process), and loaded a quick environment.

First impression? It's speedier than Poser 8 on my system because IDL calculation runs at 64bit speed! FANTASTIC! I'll post about the content when it finishes downloading in..... apparently 7 hours.

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 7:27 PM

LostInSpaceman and aeikema:

Thanks for sharing!  :)

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 9:21 PM

Oh and to answer your question Tashar, I can only guess why they haven't made the $50 upgrade option available yet, I don't know any facts. My Guess would be that they wanted to give the people an opportunity to get it for free before even paying the $50 which is what I did. With my budget being what it is right now, saving $50 was a huge blessing and if the $50 option had come out first I probably would have paid it and then kicked myself for not waiting for the contest to end!

lkendall ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 11:11 PM

LostInSpaceman and aeikema:

Does the ReadMe file list the feature changes in Poser Pro 2010?

LMK

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 09 March 2010 at 11:15 PM

Good question.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:18 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:23 AM

Nope. The readme doesn't do any kind of comparison with the previous versions. It's comparable to the readme that came with the first Poser Pro listing the features it has and what they do.

Now, my first gripe. After 5+ hours the content zip craped out in the downloading process at 1.7 of 1.9 gigs and has to be restarted. I'll try restarting it when I go to bed shortly and hope for the best. The legacy content finished it's 1.3 gigs completely. My suggestion if it doesn't complete before I wake up is to break that large zip into two smaller zips if anyone from SM reads this before I wake up tomorrow.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:49 AM

Dang, that's got to suck. No way of resuming DL?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:33 AM

Not unless it allows the use of download accelerators and I haven't had one of those installed on my system in over 10 years. Now that I have such a slow connection since I moved to Houston, it might be a good idea to look into one.

GeneralNutt ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 2:48 AM
Online Now!

Doesn't firefox come with one?

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:40 AM

I don't use FireFox normally. I found a free one and installed it. You can enter the username and password for the download so it's working like a charm at the moment. Just woke up with a bit of insomnia and it's at 39%.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:40 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:54 AM

The content finished downloading. It's the same as the new P8 content, with some extra low-res development figures, but they look the same to me as the ones that came with Poser Pro 1.

I've been rendering an IDL scene, with my laptop and compared to Poser 8 that is slower also. P8 rendered the scene in 7'39 and PP2010 took 9'22. But that's 32bit rendering, as LostinSpaceman stated with 64bit it's a lot faster. It's odd that rendering is slower in 32bit though.

If you're on 64bit Poser Pro 2010 is a definite yes. If you're on 32bit and you've got Poser 8 and don't own Poser Pro 1 and don't need any of the high end features (import & export), then I would stick to P8, it's rendering faster then PP2010 does and PP2010 doesn't add anything new for you. You would pay a lot for the gamma correction, layered output and library improvements. If you own P8 & Poser Pro 1, then the $50 upgrade price is a no brainer, doesn't matter if you're on 64 or 32 bit OS, the additions will be worth the price.

Once thing I can say for sure, this is the most stable initial Poser release and that's a huge improvements. Still a couple of bugs, mainly leftovers from P8.

I'm happy with it, but I really expected to see some more real improvements and real new features, instead of gimmicks, but having back Gamma Correction with good rendering speed over Poser Pro 1 is worth it for me. I guess a lot of effort went into the library, but I'm still not using it. Also, the last thing I need is having CP in my library and in the content room. Again just a gimmick, no real improvement. There are still a few things I've got to figure out, so I may post again.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:51 AM

Well after 10 hours to download that content, I called and upgraded my cable speed this morning as soon as the cable offices opened! And to find out it's stuff I already had? Priceless!

jancory ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:18 AM

anybody else from the video entrants still waiting for their SM email?  no joy in my inbox....

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:47 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:49 AM

There were supposed to be some extra channels in the Poser Surface (root) node in the Material Room. I will be interested in finding out what these can be used to do.

As I understand it, there is supposed to be improvement in conforming things to a scaled figure? This may very much change the nature of figure/cloths creation, especially when it works its way from the Poser Pro line to the standard Poser line.

LMK

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:18 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:20 AM

Attached Link: Poser 8 & Poser Pro 2010 - On Sale Now.

> Quote - anybody else from the video entrants still waiting for their SM email?  no joy in my inbox....

Contact support - it's possible your spam filter blocked my email.  All entrants should have your copy.

btw - it's here.  :) 
http://poser.smithmicro.com

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:26 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:30 AM

efstarlet:

Poser Pro 2010 is now on sell at Content Paradise. The special upgrade price for Poser Pro - Poser 8 owners is not offered.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=13301

When will we be given the opportunity to order and download Poser Pro 2010?

Thanks,

LMK

Edit:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/upgrade.html

Never mind, and thanks.

LMK

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:32 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:33 AM

Quote - efstarlet:

Poser Pro 2010 is now on sell at Content Paradise. The special upgrade price for Poser Pro - Poser 8 owners is not offered.

http://www.contentparadise.com/productdetails.aspx?id=13301

When will we be given the opportunity to order and download Poser Pro 2010?

Thanks,

LMK

A special email is coming to you with special links if you registered for the beta, but you can also get it from the main upgrade page on the Poser website.  You require 2 serials for the special price -
http://poser.smithmicro.com/upgrade.html

edit - crosspost :) 

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:37 AM

All:

EMails about Poser Pro 2010 are now arriving in mail boxes.

Cheers!

LMK

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:47 AM
Online Now!

What about those who recently sidegraded to Poser Pro from either Poser 7 or 8? Aren't they supposed to get the free download?

TS

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:48 AM

All:

There are several pages to go through to order Poser Pro 2010, but the process went through without a hitch. I usually cannot log into Contnet Paradise by my IE browser, but there was no problem when using the Smith Micro ordering process. I am downloading now,but will have to wait until the end of my worday to install and try things out.

New features are discussed at this page:

http://poser.smithmicro.com/pp_features.html

LMK

jancory ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:50 AM

Quote - > Quote - anybody else from the video entrants still waiting for their SM email?  no joy in my inbox....

Contact support - it's possible your spam filter blocked my email.  All entrants should have your copy.

btw - it's here.  :) 
http://poser.smithmicro.com

LIghtning fast customer service!! thank you so much  -jan-

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

efstarlet ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:07 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:07 AM

Quote - What about those who recently sidegraded to Poser Pro from either Poser 7 or 8? Aren't they supposed to get the free download?

TS

Yes!  Anyone who purchased Poser Pro within 30 days gets a free 2010 download version.  We will try and contact as many of those people via email as possible, but if you do not receive an email, please contact customer service, but I would wait a little bit.  The launch is just beginning, and many things are rolling and something may be on it's way.  I'd give it at least the morning here on the west coast for all the switches to be turned on and warmed up! 

LK - YAY!  That's what we like to hear!  I hope the rest of the installation goes well. 

Okay, now back to flipping switches...

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:07 AM

I noticed several postings at Daz claiming I said that drag-n-drop conforming and scaling bugs fixed in Pro 2010. Now something about that here, but not attributed to me.

In any case, I just want everybody to be clear that I never once said anything about scaling or scaling bugs fixed, and that I have no idea what the scaling bug even is. I have never scaled a figure and I don't have the Freak.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

lkendall ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:21 AM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:22 AM

In case anybody cares now;

Nobody told me about PP 2010's conform with scaling. This AM at work I Googled Smith Micro's website for Poser Pro, because I don't have it bookmarked here, and I got their new pages about an hour before I got my EMail. I looked through the new features for myself.

Isn't Google a marvel.

PP 2010 is 33% downloaded!

LMK

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:32 AM

Oh good - thanks for looking it up LMK. Now I don't have to respond at Daz, since it's true. Whew.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:42 AM
Online Now!

I got the email within minutes after reading about it here. Got it but downloading the legacy content which is 1.3 GB even with my FIOs connection is a 10 minutes download. Am not complaining... Just making a comment... BB, When I get it installed, I'll get a chance to play around with the IDL wall/hall thingy... Can't wait!!!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:56 AM

Cool. Gosh, lots of people getting PPro 2010. I didn't imagine it would be that popular - at least it seems more popular to me than Poser Pro was. I had to publish all those GC shaders because almost nobody had Poser Pro.

Now it seems like a ton of people will have Poser Pro 2010. You won't believe how much better IDL renders look with GC turned on, and not have to bother with dozens of GC shaders to mess with.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:01 PM

aeilkema,

You mentioned PPro 2010 renders IDL more slow than P8. That's interesting. I had not done any direct timings. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm wondering if the reason is because PPro 2010 has fixed some IDL bugs. Those bugs were a real headache for me in P8. PPro 2010 IDL is better - not perfect yet like some other apps - but clearly fewer artifacts and inaccuracies. We may see some of these corrections in an SR for P8, and they may slow it down a bit.

I'm really glad about those fixes, though, even if it does result in some performance hits. I'll have to do some direct comparisons to verify, but I suspect that with PPro 2010 we may be able to decrease IDL quality settings yet again, and win back some of the performance that was lost.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:01 PM
Online Now!

All thanks to you and other veterans Poser folks... SM listens to power users like you and hence we all benefit from pros like you, BB. Don't ever forget that!.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:11 PM

Quote - aeilkema,

You mentioned PPro 2010 renders IDL more slow than P8. That's interesting. I had not done any direct timings. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm wondering if the reason is because PPro 2010 has fixed some IDL bugs. Those bugs were a real headache for me in P8. PPro 2010 IDL is better - not perfect yet like some other apps - but clearly fewer artifacts and inaccuracies. We may see some of these corrections in an SR for P8, and they may slow it down a bit.

I'm really glad about those fixes, though, even if it does result in some performance hits. I'll have to do some direct comparisons to verify, but I suspect that with PPro 2010 we may be able to decrease IDL quality settings yet again, and win back some of the performance that was lost.

Only when you run in 32bit it's slower. It's not a huge difference, but it is there. If that is the sacrifice for having every run smoothly then so be it. For me it's not an big issue, I just noticed it.

Food for thought.....

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:44 PM

file_449268.jpg

*You mentioned PPro 2010 renders IDL more slow than P8. That's interesting. I had not done any direct timings. Thanks for the heads up.*

Just tried exactly this. And I fear the PP2010 is slightly  faster than P8 -  (same scene, same machine, the P8 scene file with a V4 a hair and a background imported to 2010,  size just 690x941 for a test quickie, and 2010 beats P8 by 20 seconds (07:31 under P8, 07:10 und P2010).
Funny is, how the render hops forth and back in background render mode.
At least for me, the background and queue rendering options are most important and clearly an advantage over P8.

So to say - this are the most intelligent 50 bucks I spent between 6 p.m. and 7 p.m. GMT today.

(The render settings window intentionally is, where it is - was to lazy to dress her.)

Win 7 Pro, Intel i7 940 @ 3,7something GHz, 12 GB DDR3, Poser App's and runtimes installed on two different WD VelociRaptor WD1500HLFS

www.skin2pix.com

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:48 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:54 PM

Arcebus - was that with IDL? Could be faster without but slower with. Not sure.

[Edit] Nevermind. I just clicked for full size and see that it is IDL.

Well - good.

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:52 PM

I'm still running windows 32 bit, I'm assuming with Arcebus' system it will be 64 bit. Having said that, it surprised me that the difference would be so little between P8 and PP2010. I would have expected a lot more.

Food for thought.....

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:54 PM

Yep, with IDL - I just love the results there, cause it simulates photo studio lights.

I'm just pretty busy with other stuff, but I'll do some more testing tomorrow. Even though - time consumption itself looses it's teeth when I can send a couple of renders to the queue (I normally keep that local) and continue working on another machine.

But as mentioned, I'll do some more tests and post my results in this thread.

www.skin2pix.com

bagginsbill ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:58 PM

Holy cow - I just looked at your other settings.

Pixel Samples 25 and Min Shading Rate .2 !! Are you kidding me? In 7 minutes?

F***. Now I have to go buy me a few I7 machines.

Hey - you didn't turn on GC! Fix that.

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:58 PM

If you have a 64bit system with 8Gb or more, I think you'll find that PP2010 and P8 render at about the same speed until you surpass about 3Gb RAM total usage, at which point P8 slows and PP2010 keeps on runnin'.

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 12:58 PM

*I'm still running windows 32 bit, I'm assuming with Arcebus' system it will be 64 bit. Having said that, it surprised me that the difference would be so little between P8 and PP2010. I would have expected a lot more.

Actually - yes, the Win 7 is the 64 bit version, and , actually, yes, I would also have expected more speed from this. As mentioned above - I am satisfied, cause my workflow normally is:

• modelling/texturing and setting up stuff in Poser(7)Pro (XPPro x64/i7 940/12 GB)
      including all the little helper app's because some of them have not yet arrived at Win7
    and
  • rendering on the box mentioned above.

www.skin2pix.com

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 1:00 PM

Hey - you didn't turn on GC! Fix that.

Eeek - did I mention that I was in a hurry? Sounds like a good excuse....

www.skin2pix.com

aeilkema ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 3:44 PM

Good enough excuse :-)

Food for thought.....

uli_k ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quote - I'm wondering if the reason is because PPro 2010 has fixed some IDL bugs. Those bugs were a real headache for me in P8. PPro 2010 IDL is better - not perfect yet like some other apps - but clearly fewer artifacts and inaccuracies. We may see some of these corrections in an SR for P8, and they may slow it down a bit.

Yes, some Indirect Light quality improvements in Poser Pro 2010 can increase render times slightly. I'd say that's CPU cycles well spent.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 5:52 PM

Quote - In case anybody cares now;

Nobody told me about PP 2010's conform with scaling. This AM at work I Googled Smith Micro's website for Poser Pro, because I don't have it bookmarked here, and I got their new pages about an hour before I got my EMail. I looked through the new features for myself.

Isn't Google a marvel.

PP 2010 is 33% downloaded!

LMK

For reference, in PP2010, in the "Body" properties for any figure are a set of check boxes for 1) Include morphs when conforming and 2) Include scales when conforming. Checking these "on" for a conformed figure will allow both the scales and morphs to factored into the conformed figure.

For content creators, as you create new conforming content, these states can be saved with the figure as it's added to the library.

thinkcooper ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 6:02 PM

We've put together an updated comparison chart that lists the new feature improvements between Poser 7, Poser Pro, Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010. It can be viewed here.

poser.smithmicro.com/comparison.html

NoelCan ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 7:13 PM

Quote - We've put together an updated comparison chart that lists the new feature improvements between Poser 7, Poser Pro, Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010. It can be viewed here.

poser.smithmicro.com/comparison.html

Cool....   Thanks..   I have Mine  Trying to crash it right now..   ;0)

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:36 PM

*Well even with not wanting your face out there, you still could have won!

• Oh - now that is something that would have been interesting for me as more as I have some animations here ready. Anyway: Arcebus is very right that the 50$ are an intelligent investment. I am trying out PoserPro 2010 since some hours and I am impressed. First thing: Trying the tablet mode and typing decimal commas. It works! LOL Then I grabbed those little handle to move through the library: Yay!! I do not need new glasses!! But so far these are all things that can be called bugfixes and are not worth a new version and 50 $. Anyhow, it's nice to see that the shiny new version does not contain the old teething trouble I am used to.

Then the library: Now that's what I call an enhancement, finally I do not want the old library back. I like the options we have now very much and the only thing I would ask for is an option to allow thumbnails to be displayed in their given size instead of having to choose a fixed size. But that's nothing sooo important, it's more that I do not like nice thumbnails be distorted. The render speed is okay for me and I respectivly my computer is no gold standard here. Other users with more powerful machines are better judges.

Now, for the moment, there's one question: Is there a way to start up Poser with my personal arrangement of windows? So far everything appears docked again when I closed the app and started it again.*

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:48 PM · edited Wed, 10 March 2010 at 8:53 PM

Hah! I found something to grouse!! :laugh: I've already noticed that with P8 but thought it may be fixed with PPro 2010: When I  hop through my running applications by using Alt+Tab Poser shows no specific icon, only the standard one that comes with Windows. Somehow I am not able to create screenshot... but try it yourself and see how for instance Firefox and your mailprogram show their own icon while Poser doesn't. It's not really important - but SM itself may be interested in showing the Poser icon whereever it's possible as it's kind of an advertising.

Oh and: May someone do me a favour and try to save a lightset to the light library? Poser keeps running out of memory when doing this. The lighset is saved but I get the "Can't find texture map" error and have to restart Poser. I am using textures from an external runtime (for the IBL that has to be saved as well as for the figure in the scene) - this may be the reason. But as I am not sure about it...

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 9:12 PM

We've put together an updated comparison chart that lists the new feature improvements between Poser 7, Poser Pro, Poser 8 and Poser Pro 2010. It can be viewed here.

Now - that's bad. That's REALLY bad - now I feel like I should read the manual. shiver

www.skin2pix.com

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 10:27 PM

It seems that I found the reason for Poser misbehaving when saving anything to the library: It's a bit more picky than the previous PoserPro. When I did a test render and then save something to the library without going back to the preview (in other words: With the rendered image still active) it tends to show the "out of memory and now I forgot all textures" problem. As soon as I go back to the preview I can save as much as I desire without problems. So: No biggie!

And out of sudden Poser restarts with the the UI-arrangement I've made myself. Don't ask me why it didn't during the first hours - maybe it did not really feel at home than and now found it's little corner 😉

arcebus ( ) posted Wed, 10 March 2010 at 11:08 PM

I tried to reproduce the saving problem, but (fortunately - for me) without "success".

The restart on the preferred settings also works for me, even on my dual-head system, which is not neccessarily the case with all applications I use. Actually, I'm so happy with the thing, that I even got up at 4 in the morning today to have two hours to play with the thing before I have to leave ;-}}

www.skin2pix.com

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 11 March 2010 at 1:14 AM

*...that I even got up at 4 in the morning today to have two hours to play with the thing before I have to leave

...and I am so happy that I stayed up all night and rendered, rendered, rendered :laugh:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.