Tue, Oct 22, 3:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Antonia - Opinions?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 8:24 AM

Those look nice, sazzyazzca!
I'll download them later today and try them out. :)

My retail set has her own set of shadows and I can tell you that it is not easy to do them...sigh.
i had trouble getting them to fade just the right amount near the eyebrows but your look so good.

How large are the sparkle versions?

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

SaintFox ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 10:35 AM

*Is that the file that LB posted on the developer site? LB BBeys TEST-03?

• No, this is the original, unaltered eye - and that's the reason for rendering it without a "surrounding Antonia" 😉 I didn't want to render it in a wrong position.*

**Did you load the color map into both material zones? You have to load it in both.

*Yes, I loaded the color map in both, eyecover and eye - but not into the preview material zones
It would be very nice if someone else could do some test renders - because maybe it's a weird Poser-behaviour or any mistake that I make that causes the rim.

Wonderful new toys, ladies: Danica with MakeUp and Makeup templates - new toys!!!

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Diogenes ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 1:39 PM

Woot! Go Antonia!  Glad to see so much support. She is looking good.
:thumbupboth:

Cheers
Mike.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 2:23 PM

please excuse any odd posts from me.
I'm trying to remember how to add my signature here. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 3:18 PM

I did it, yay!

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 5:54 PM

file_451272.jpg

Is there any available texture set for the remapped Antonia which has the eyebrow placement the same as on the Antonia 118 textures?  I'm preparing my character morphs for upload, and I'm finally testing the morphs with the 122 remap, and finding that the eyebrows are in a different place.  The brow transparency for Antonia 118 lines up with the brow overlay UV's as shown in the attached image.

I really need to have the brows lined up properly, or the resemblance of the morphed faces is reduced.  :sad:

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 5:56 PM

Quote - Those look nice, sazzyazzca!
I'll download them later today and try them out. :)

My retail set has her own set of shadows and I can tell you that it is not easy to do them...sigh.
i had trouble getting them to fade just the right amount near the eyebrows but your look so good.

How large are the sparkle versions?

Thank you. :)
They are a challenge, this is true!
The sparkles are around a hundred megs, but in all honesty, you can just add some noise to the regular ones as it's the transparency that makes the files so big.
There is an adjustable noise filter here:
www.mehdiplugins.com/english/grainnatural.htm
Basic grain set at around 150 works pretty well.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 8:21 PM

"Posted at DAZ? I thought this sort of image isn't allowed there."

BB I actually have seen a couple of poser renders at daz before (rather than daz studio renders)

Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

odf ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:02 PM

Quote - Is there any available texture set for the remapped Antonia which has the eyebrow placement the same as on the Antonia 118 textures?

That's on my secret wish list as well. I liked the brow placement better in the old version of the Toni texture. But even with the old texture, I find I can't get the eyebrows quite right on my Scarlett morph (which I will eventually have to find a more neutral name for, maybe "Inga"?). So I'm thinking about trying my hand at a set of custom eyebrows. If I succeed, I'll be happy to share them.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:21 PM
Cage ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:38 PM · edited Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:40 PM

Quote - That's on my secret wish list as well. I liked the brow placement better in the old version of the Toni texture. But even with the old texture, I find I can't get the eyebrows quite right on my Scarlett morph (which I will eventually have to find a more neutral name for, maybe "Inga"?). So I'm thinking about trying my hand at a set of custom eyebrows. If I succeed, I'll be happy to share them.

Thanks, odf.  :laugh:

I can fix the problem on my end, when switching to the new UV's, by copying the 118 brow trans to the new mapping.  Can the 118 brow transparencies be altered and/or re-distributed?  If so, this is an easy fix.  If not, errm.  :scared:  My characters are broken!  My characters are broken!  :crying:

Is Inga the name of one of the characters portrayed by Scarlett?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

odf ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:41 PM · edited Wed, 14 April 2010 at 9:41 PM

Quote -
Is Inga the name of one of the characters portrayed by Scarlett?

Not as far as I know. I thought of Inga because it sounds Scandinavian, like Johannson does.

Cage ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 10:40 PM

Quote - That's on my secret wish list as well. I liked the brow placement better in the old version of the Toni texture. But even with the old texture, I find I can't get the eyebrows quite right on my Scarlett morph (which I will eventually have to find a more neutral name for, maybe "Inga"?). So I'm thinking about trying my hand at a set of custom eyebrows. If I succeed, I'll be happy to share them.

I was really surprised at how important eyebrows are, for a resemblance.  I used rotoscoping to refine my Barbara morph until it lined up exactly with the source images, but it still didn't look right.  One small change to the eyebrows, moving them farther apart, and suddenly the character looks so correct (to me, at least :lol:) that it's spooky.  So eyebrows are very important.  I'd never realized that.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 10:47 PM · edited Wed, 14 April 2010 at 10:47 PM

I much prefer trans-mapped brows over brows that are part of the face texture because they are so important in the look of a character. One little change often changes the whole look of a character. I actually went through all my runtimes and made folders and mat poses just for trans-mapped brows for whatever characters I had where it was an option, so that I could easily change the brows to suit what look I wanted. I've also photoshopped the brows out on favourite textures so I could use trans maps on their brows.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 14 April 2010 at 11:41 PM

file_451289.jpg

I'm doing a few sets of brow trans maps now for my new texture. She has one set of brows on the texture map but I did one face texture with no brows just for the trans mapped brows.

Here is one set of trans mapped brows for her.
what do you think, do they look  okay?

Just click on the image to see a larger view.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 1:03 AM

I'm glad to hear that trans-mapped eyebrows are so popular. That gives me hope that there will be lots of options for Antonia.

BluEcho: They look good to me, and the shape is pretty close to what I need for Scarlett.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 1:26 AM

Ah, You all can make maps and textures,takes 10 minutes with Zbrush.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 1:34 AM

Quote - Ah, You all can make maps and textures,takes 10 minutes with Zbrush.

Only if you have Zbrush and know how to us it.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:28 AM

Quote - Ah, You all can make maps and textures,takes 10 minutes with Zbrush.

You know, you are giving me an idea here. I tried to draw brows with the mouse once, which is pretty much impossible. But now that I have a tablet, I should get the drivers properly set up in Linux, purchase myself a copy of 3D Coat, and draw the eyebrows directly onto the figure. It definitely seems more fun than trying to filter the skin out from a photo and then fiddle with the proper positioning in a 2d program.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:54 AM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:55 AM

Quote -  "Posted at DAZ? I thought this sort of image isn't allowed there."

BB I actually have seen a couple of poser renders at daz before (rather than daz studio renders)

Love esther

I was referring to the nudity and implied lesbian relationship. I thought even "tasteful nudity" was not allowed.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:34 AM

file_451309.jpg

The UV map for the brows is skewed a bit, or rather, to be more exact, one of the brows is rotated a bit. If I place the exact same brow on the map, flip it and make the inner starting points at the same relative location on the UV map, one of them will come in at a different angle than the other. It's not necessarily a bad thing, because it means brows , as on real people, won't be identical, but it is something to keep in mind if you want more symmetrical brows.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:35 AM

file_451310.jpg

From a distance, it looks like this.

odf ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:53 AM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:08 AM

Quote - The UV map for the brows is skewed a bit, or rather, to be more exact, one of the brows is rotated a bit. If I place the exact same brow on the map, flip it and make the inner starting points at the same relative location on the UV map, one of them will come in at a different angle than the other. It's not necessarily a bad thing, because it means brows , as on real people, won't be identical, but it is something to keep in mind if you want more symmetrical brows.

Oomph! That's not good at all. I'll see if I can fix it.
(Edit: Which of course would break existing textures, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I guess one could always use the other UV mapping.)

Completely unrelatedly, I just tried out my Wacom tablet, and after the upgrade to Ubuntu 9.10 it turns out that I just have to plug it in, set up the special devices in Gimp, and everything works nicely. Now if only 3D Coat supports pressure sensitivity under Linux, we're in business.

What are people's experiences using tablets in other applications? Does it make sense in, say, Wings3D, or is the good old mouse still more useful?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:37 AM

I have a (cheap) tablet and still trying to adjust to it.
But I run Windows 7 on my laptop and XP on my old desktop.

I've not tried it in Wings3D yet but it does work nicely in Photoshop for doing hair.

As far ZBrush...had a demo copy once and I did like that program and wish I could rake up enough green for it.
Unfortunately I'm still paying out each month on my son's headstone and any extra green goes to household stuff...sigh.

odf, I gave up actually drawing brows though sometimes I use PShop brushes.
to me they don't look real so I spend time removing extra skin from photos of real eyebrows for use.

BTW: the newest Photoshop lets you put textures right on the 3d obj.
I had the demo and it is great , but again, expensive.

Diogenes ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 9:41 AM

odf, I had a watcom and wore it out cause once you get used to it, you wont want to use anything else. I dont have wings but I used the watcom in everything. photoshop, Zbrush, 3DCoat, Max, Poser and Daz. Loved it.  I need a new one soon.  :(  Next time though I am going to save it for just the things I really need it for.

A HOMELAND FOR POSER FINALLY

SaintFox ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 10:53 AM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 10:56 AM

I use a Wacom Intuos, a pretty small one (DIN A6) as it fits my way of drawing. Leo has a DIN A5 tablet and it drives me nuts that I have to make such large movements for so tiny strokes LOL He, on the other hand, likes this better as he paints in a completely different way than I do. However: I've got my first tablet in 2003, a cheap wacom that was not pressure sensitive - and I liked it better than the mouse for painting. Some years ago I've got the Intuos as a present from my parents and since then I run into the problem that the batteries in my mouse are empty before I get aware that I have to load them because I actually do not use it anymore except for the few cases where the tablet hangs - then a move of the mouse is needed to wake it up again. In other words: I use the tablet for painting, in Poser, in ZBrush, when working with Windows, while typing (I found that you can type with ten fingers AND hold the pen! LOL) and for any kind of game I play. The only application I use here and there that gives me trouble is DAZ Studio as the camera control reacts like crazy when I use the pen.

I'm not always right, but my mistakes are more interesting!

And I am not strange, I am Limited Edition!

Are you ready for Antonia? Get her textures here:

The Home Of The Living Dolls

Thalek ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 4:46 PM

I recently downloaded some poses for Antonia by Artisticheat, but they seem to require some hand injections that are not included.

":Runtime:Libraries:character:Antonia:injCTRLLhandGrasp-lHand.pz2"
":Runtime:Libraries:character:Antonia:injCTRLRHandGrasp-rHand.pz2"

Does anyone know anything about these?  Perhaps they are obsolete in the most recent version?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 4:48 PM

I use a Wacom Intuos 3. XP64. It's the small one too. Fits the way I draw. I use it with all my main apps. Vue8.4I, Modo, PSP, Painter and so on. But I use it only for the brush work. I still find the mouse easier to use for the main work. I find it hard to constantly be clicking the pen when doing things. Could be these old hands.

Plus I find the mouse easier when combining the keyboard hot keys.

So it's an individual choice as to how you use it.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:37 PM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:38 PM

Quote - Oomph! That's not good at all. I'll see if I can fix it.
(Edit: Which of course would break existing textures, so I'm not quite sure what to do. I guess one could always use the other UV mapping.)

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any textures for the old mapping currently being distributed.  The 118 textures, as far as I know, have been fully withdrawn.  :sad:

Are there any existing new-mapping textures which use the brow transparencies?  All the textures I've seen have the brows painted on to the skin texture.

I would say the UV's for the two brow overlays should be symmetrical, just because that's what one anticipates when working such things.  I'd also say that if there's a time to correct it, it's now.  It's still early days and there aren't as many textures as there will be.  Something like this would be harder to fix in the future.

Just IMO.  I'm not complaining, either way.  :laugh:

odf ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 6:53 PM

Quote -
Are there any existing new-mapping textures which use the brow transparencies?  All the textures I've seen have the brows painted on to the skin texture.

Good point! I'm such a knuckle-head sometimes.

So, are there? Would anyone be terribly inconvenienced if I changed the UV mappings for the brow overlay geometries at this point? Please speak up!

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:00 PM

It's not a horribly large change, essentially just rotate one of the brows (I'd suggest the lower one) just a bit and everything should be right as rain. It shouldn't affect present textures too much, just tilt one eyebrow a bit, and that only on the ones that use trans-maps on the brows. Even so, it's not a huge adjustment to fix the trans maps, or add a new one for use with the changed UVs. You can also leave them as is and just mention it in the readme so texture makers are aware of the slight rotation. I only noticed it because I was making some brow trans maps and thought I should mention it just in case. Either way, I'm fine with whatever you choose to do. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:01 PM

I haven't placed my new texture on the market yet so I can adjust if needed.

BTW: which one is the 118 figure?
I have all of them but the obj wasn't listed as 118 so if I know, I can look at my sets and see what I have.

My busy little hands did make textures sets each time a new one came out. :)

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:03 PM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:06 PM

Quote - BTW: which one is the 118 figure?

I think 118 is the Antonia-122 Old UV's, with the Antonia-120 geometry.  The re-mapping is the Antonia-121 geometry.

Quote - I only noticed it because I was making some brow trans maps and thought I should mention it just in case. Either way, I'm fine with whatever you choose to do. :)

Ooh, can you make one that has the same placement as on the old UV's texturing?  Pretty please? 

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:09 PM

Let me check, I may already have one. :)

odf ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 7:10 PM

Quote - I think 118 is the Antonia-122 Old UV's, with the Antonia-120 geometry.  The re-mapping is the Antonia-121 geometry.

Yep! You probably would have made the textures for some earlier version, but Antonia-120.obj has the old mapping with the latest shape. If you load the Antonia-122OldUVs.cr2 into Poser and try to apply your old textures, you'll instantly see which ones work and which ones don't.

I definitely encourage publishing textures for the old mapping, or even making new ones, as I'm determined to keep dragging it around. The same goes for dphoadley's V3 remap, if he ever decides to publish it officially.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:02 PM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:03 PM

Cage, I found it .
The eyebrow trans map was for the old Danika set which was for the 118 figure originally.
So you are in luck.

I will just post it on the developer's site in a little bit.
You can download it tonight. :)

And when I get some free time again, busy on my retail stuff and household stuff, I'll post my older texture sets to the free site for those who still want them.

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:05 PM

I would love them. The more textures, the merrier. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:41 PM

Okay, the eyebrow maps are there now.
It is in a zip file named 118 Danica brows.zip

I put two trans maps in it for you.

Sazzyazzca, bet you'll like the Akasha tex I made for the first release.
Maybe I can get I it done soon. :)

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 8:48 PM

I'm sure I will. :)

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 9:35 PM

file_451345.jpg

Just thought I'd post my latest face morph. for this one I took my Nicol and used the putty tool in Poser to adjust the features a bit more. Then save the head as a morph target.

I love the Paris hair on Antonia, it only requires a little re-size adjustment to fit.

How do you like this face morph?

Now I'm going to quit Poser for tonight, see how many of my older textures sets are in zip format And maybe upload one or two.
Then do my FB stuff and watch some TV.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:00 PM

I just uploaded Akasha and Celene, both for the older, first version of Antonia.
BTW: my nick there is SaHaNi.

Now I am going to watch some TV and then go to bed.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:12 PM

Quote - Cage, I found it .
The eyebrow trans map was for the old Danika set which was for the 118 figure originally.
So you are in luck.

I will just post it on the developer's site in a little bit.
You can download it tonight. :)

Ooh, excellent!  Thank you!  :laugh:

I think I have a copy already, from the Antonia 118 file, but the eyebrow texture is the one which is correct for the fact morphs I've created so far.  If others can use the eyebrows, then they can get the correct results from the morphs.  :thumbupboth:  Thank you!

Quote - Okay, the eyebrow maps are there now.
It is in a zip file named 118 Danica brows.zip

I checked the Antonia Free Site, but I didn't see the zip anywhere? 

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:16 PM · edited Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:20 PM

They are on the dev site, Cage. :)

Thank you BluEcho!

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:27 PM

Oh!  The Dev site!  Ha! 

There are times when taking a nap actually makes one more dopey, not less.  :lol:  :blushing:

Thank you, BlueEcho!  :laugh:

sazzyazzca ( ) posted Thu, 15 April 2010 at 11:33 PM

I often wake up from naps completely disoriented and thinking it's the next morning and don't figure out what's going on until I start getting ready for work and my son asks me what in blazes I'm doing. LOL

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 8:59 AM

This is not one of my best mornings either. :)

By the time I went to bed last night both hands were swollen and red, pains like they were breaking.

Today the hands are better but now a headache has moved in...sigh.
That's from allergies I guess.

Cage, let me know how the brows work out, please?
I took one set (set 2)  from my newest texture and adjusted it to the other mapping for you.

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:14 PM · edited Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:17 PM

file_451384.jpg

I had this really long dream which seemed to be set in a house with glass walls.  The house had a glass swimming pool, somehow hanging two stories above the ground.  Some kind of disaster, possibly an earthquake, broke the pool and drained it.   Kind of freaked out today, as these seem to be bad omens.  :lol:

Quote - This is not one of my best mornings either. :)

By the time I went to bed last night both hands were swollen and red, pains like they were breaking.

Today the hands are better but now a headache has moved in...sigh.
That's from allergies I guess.

Cage, let me know how the brows work out, please?
I took one set (set 2)  from my newest texture and adjusted it to the other mapping for you.

Thank you for these, BlueEcho!  :woot:  :thumbupboth:

The attached image shows the OldDanicaBrows2 texture on Antonia 122, and the BE4Antonia-Brow-Trans texture on Antonia 118.  The brows are not quite identical, which I assume comes from stretching or squashing of the 122 UV's (relative to the old mapping) when the brow overlay was remapped.  I'm not sure quite how that can be overcome by moving the texture around, without distorting it.  :sad:

Can these eyebrow overlays be shared, so I can recommend them to anyone who tries to use my morphs?

I hope you feel better.  :sad:

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:23 PM

Yes, you can share the brow maps if you want.

I have some shopping to do in a few hours so I'm going to get my allergy meds and maybe that will help the headache.

And I can only hope that the FBM pain leaves me alone for a few days this time.

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 2:34 PM

Quote - Yes, you can share the brow maps if you want.

Ooh, thank you, thank you, thank you!  :woot:  :woot:

Quote -
I have some shopping to do in a few hours so I'm going to get my allergy meds and maybe that will help the headache.

And I can only hope that the FBM pain leaves me alone for a few days this time.

I wish I knew some remedy, which might help you feel better.  :sad:  

Cage ( ) posted Fri, 16 April 2010 at 7:38 PM

file_451416.jpg

I've done a remapping of the Antonia 122 brow overlay, duplicating the 118 version with the scaling and placement of the existing 122 version.  Dunno if this is useful at all.  :lol:  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.