Tue, Oct 1, 9:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 01 3:49 pm)

Subject: The LuxPose Project - Alpha Stage

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:41 PM

*Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxexporter_22bPoserLuxExporter.py", line 231, in ?
    mat.cleanup()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'cleanup'

*The error is still showing up in version 22b, even after installing into a new folder.

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 6:48 PM

Uploaded a new image to my gallery, http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2109063

Caution, contains nudity.

Only hacks done are changing light to sunsky and the material on the skull cap, everything else exported straight from Poser with v20 of the exporter.

Software: OS X 10.8 - Poser Pro 2012 SR2 - Luxrender 1.0RC3 - Pose2Lux
Hardware: iMac - 3.06 GHz Core2Duo - 12 GB RAM - ATI Radeon HD 4670 - 256 MB

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 7:17 PM

Quote - Mitchel filter? Are you talking in Luxrender or in Poser before export?

Well, I don't know if bagginsbill's latest GUI takes this in account (most likely), but the most simple is to add it yourself in the .lxs file, by hand (use Notepad). The advantage is that you can reuse your last export files.

Add:
PixelFilter "gaussian"

Before:
Sampler "metropolis"

(For those who haven't read the thread, this is supposed to remove the dark rings you get on light highlight/reflections)

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 8:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_459158.png

Well, did another export. This time everything was strictly P4-like. I even dug into P4 for Koz's messy hair. I think it looks pretty good. Exported with the newest version of Luxpose.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 9:15 PM

As someone already said, you can try the "mattetranslucent" material for skin (if you didn't already, it's hard to tell).

Open the .lxm file in Notepad, and change all skin materials (pretty easy to find) from "glossy" to "mattetranslucent".
The "mattetranslucent" material needs two values, Kr and Kt. Kr is what we know as the diffuse (plug your texture in it), Kr is the light shining through.

Here is an example:

MakeNamedMaterial "MyFigure/MySkin" "string
type" ["mattetranslucent"]<br></br>
"texture Kr" ["Color_Mul_123"]<br></br>
"color Kt" [0.1 0.03 0.01

Play around with values for Kt as the right value depends on your texture map (dark/light skin).

You can also change the "eyesurface" material to neutral colored glass ( I use the water IoR, 1.33). I didn't decide yet if you should switch it to "architectural" (see my post above) or not.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 9:54 PM

Okay, I didn't have much success with that. I must have edited it incorrectly. Here is an example of one of the texture entries. Tell me what I need to change, please.

######################

#----->   Victoria4/2_SkinHead    <-----

Color_Texture

Texture "ImageMap_5" "color" "imagemap"
"string filename" ["E:Poser V4M4 ClothingRuntimeTexturesV4 Body TexRMTHAdriRMTHAdriTo.jpg"]
"float vscale" [-1.0]
"float uscale" [1.0]
"float gamma" [2.2]

Texture "Color_Mul_6" "color" "scale"
"texture tex1" ["ImageMap_5"]
"color tex2" [0.583333333333 0.583333333333 0.583333333333]

MakeNamedMaterial "Victoria4/2_SkinHead" "string type" ["matte"]
"texture Kd" ["Color_Mul_6"]

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:18 PM

In the 'MakeNamedMaterial' section replace "matte" with "mattetranslucent", and the texture/color parameters are called Kr and Kt.
Kr is diffuse reflection, for "matte" Kd is diffuse reflection. So rename Kd as Kr and you should be good.
Kt is transmissive color I think, it's the color that will seem to shine through the skin, for a light skin you'll want a slightly red/pink color, for dark skin maybe add a bit more blue..

So,
MakeNamedMaterial "Victoria4/2_SkinHead" "string type" ["matte"]

becomes,
MakeNamedMaterial "Victoria4/2_SkinHead" "string type" ["mattetranslucent"]
"texture Kr" ["Color_Mul_6"]
"texture Kt" [0.4 0.1 0.2]

Note that the Kt values above are just a starting point, you'll need to experiment a bit. :)

Holler ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:21 PM

Hey Latexluv only thing I see is your line:

should maybe be:

MakeNamedMaterial "Victoria4/2_SkinHead" "string type" ["mattetranslucent"]

and I believe that the translucence comes from the Kt value which you don't seem
to have in your listing....

Holler ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:23 PM

Darn that Flenser... he's everywhere.....

But ya what he said :p

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quote - #----->   Victoria4/2_SkinHead    <-----

Color_Texture

Texture "ImageMap_5" "color" "imagemap"
"string filename" ["E:Poser V4M4 ClothingRuntimeTexturesV4 Body TexRMTHAdriRMTHAdriTo.jpg"]
"float vscale" [-1.0]
"float uscale" [1.0]
"float gamma" [2.2]

Texture "Color_Mul_6" "color" "scale"
"texture tex1" ["ImageMap_5"]
"color tex2" [0.583333333333 0.583333333333 0.583333333333]

The first two parts are declarations, like "texture to use = this". The line which interests us is the final material declaration "MakeNamedMaterial".
In the LuxPose exporter .lxm files they are always the last ones last before a row of "#####", so they are easy to spot (Good, clean work).

The declaration syntax is easy to guess: MakeNamedMaterial "Figure/Poser_material", followed by "string type" ["type"], where "type" can be any one of the Lux materials (see list).

In our case, you just replace the type from "matte" to "mattetranslucent"; You obviously keep the "texture Kd" line, that's the one telling it what texture to use (keep it as is, with the "Color_Mul_xxx" declaration). But you'll need to add a "Ks" line, as I said above, the setting for the color/amount of light transmitted, something like:

"color Kt" [0.1 0.03 0.01]<br></br><br></br><br></br>

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:30 PM

Quote - Hey Latexluv only thing I see is your line:

should maybe be:

MakeNamedMaterial "Victoria4/2_SkinHead" "string type" ["mattetranslucent"]

and I believe that the translucence comes from the Kt value which you don't seem
to have in your listing....

Yes, but not necessarily. There also is a "matte" material in Lux, and Latexluv's material declaration is quite fitting for that type of material.
By chance or purpose, it's a valid material declaration, just not the one one would try for human skin (maybe an Egyptian mummy?)...

rty ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 10:33 PM

Quote - (complete & good explanation by Flenser)

OMG, I really need to go to sleep... :-D

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 11:02 PM

I gave it a try. I guess I'm giving up for now, it didn't work. I got this error out of Luxrender.

Only one string allowed for 'texture' parameter Kt

Weapons of choice:

Flenser ( ) posted Mon, 13 September 2010 at 11:24 PM

Quote - I gave it a try. I guess I'm giving up for now, it didn't work. I got this error out of Luxrender.

Only one string allowed for 'texture' parameter Kt

Aaahh, sorry, my mistake.
Above I had "texture Kt" [0.4 0.1 0.2], that is wrong, a texture would only be 1 value, not 3.
It should be "color Kt" [0.4 0.1 0.2]

A color does have 3 values, Red-Green-Blue.

sigh that's what I get for trying to follow this thread while working. ;)

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 2:20 AM

Quote - Sorry, can't verify this error with V22a.
Did you extract all files contained in the package and overwrite the old?

I unzipped into an empty folder and started from there without errors.

Actually I've been deleting the older folder as a new version arrives, then unzipping the newer version into a folder named after the zip, just to make absolutely sure there's nothing left from older versions.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:13 AM

Okay, I'll give it one more shot. I've edited the lxm file one more time. I have to restart my laptop to give it a try. Wish me luck.

Weapons of choice:

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:26 AM

sigh I don't know what I'm doing wrong. It now says there is a parsing error on line 332. I went back and checked it in my text editor. I see nothing wrong with the line in question.

[2010-09-14 01:18:22 Severe error: 47] Unterminated string!

[2010-09-14 01:18:22 Severe error: 47] Parsing error in file 'poserscene_alpha 1.22.lxm' at line 332: syntax error

I am really about to give this up.

Weapons of choice:

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:36 AM

What does that line look like?
Unterminated string sounds like you're missing a closing " .

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:42 AM

Once you told about the missing quotation mark, I saw the problem on the line. Saving it, and going to try it again. Thanks!

Weapons of choice:

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:46 AM

All right, she loaded up this time, and rendering has begun. Crossing fingers.

Weapons of choice:

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 6:32 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_459161.png

Well, she's done. I messed with the color space settings and found one I liked better.

Weapons of choice:

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 6:42 AM

Looking good.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:08 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:08 AM

Okay, I've just used 1.22a for the first time....

I too am getting:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:Program FilesSmith MicroPoser Pro 2010RuntimePythonposerscriptsPoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-22aPoserLuxExporter.py", line 231, in ?
    mat.cleanup()
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'cleanup'

The file saves, but in the materials file now, I'm getting TWO materials for each object. One named Preview and one named Default. The default is the only one we want, not the preview. The Preview material needs to be stripped out.

Laurie

Poser 8 SR3

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:14 AM

Quote - Okay, I've just used 1.22a for the first time....

There is a version 22b since yesterday night (german time). 

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:20 AM

Sowwy...missed that...lol

Laurie

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:21 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:21 AM

Version 1.23

Includes dynamic hair (odf)
Geometry exporter P6 compatible (odf) 

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:29 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:30 AM

Ok, just tried 1-23 and I'm still getting double materials in the .lxm file on simple spheres with just a plain diffuse color. One preview and one default. Maybe you did this for a reason? ;o).

Also, in the LuxPose GUI, I pick "Path" as the surface integrator every time and every time, I always get "bidirectional" in the .lxs file. Just wanted to let someone know in case that's an error :o).

Laurie

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:42 AM

Quote - Ok, just tried 1-23 and I'm still getting double materials in the .lxm file on simple spheres with just a plain diffuse color. One preview and one default. Maybe you did this for a reason? ;o).

Also, in the LuxPose GUI, I pick "Path" as the surface integrator every time and every time, I always get "bidirectional" in the .lxs file. Just wanted to let someone know in case that's an error :o).

Laurie

Thanks Laurie. 

Will have a look what it is. 

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:55 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:00 AM

Updated Version 1.23a 

Fixed Surface Integrator (was a typo in parametername).
Some more P6 compatibility.

Exported 3 scenes and couldn't find duplicate materials in my export. 

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 10:59 AM

Tested a simple scene with only a sphere.  Got one material for the ground and one for the sphere:

#----->   GROUND/Preview    <-----

MakeNamedMaterial "GROUND/Preview" "string type" ["glossy"]

"color Kd" [0.466666673621 0.466666673621 0.466666673621]

"color Ks" [0.0 0.0 0.0]

"float uroughness" [0.258086156304]

"float vroughness" [0.258086156304]

######################

#----->   ball_1/Preview    <-----

MakeNamedMaterial "ball_1/Preview" "string type" ["glossy"]

"color Kd" [0.576470414797 0.576470414797 0.576470414797]

"color Ks" [0.0250000003725 0.0250000003725 0.0250000003725]

######################

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:00 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:04 AM

adp, the only trouble with the materials using the preview is that they all seem to come in "glossy" whereas the defaults seem to come in like I have them in Poser - with a simple color and a matte surface. Also, since the material zone Preview in Poser is normally not what carries the texturemap info, will this be a problem? :o) I guess tho with objects that don't have any material zone but the Preview, there isn't a choice...lol.

I'm just trying to understand how things work ;o).

Laurie

odf ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:08 AM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:08 AM

I've reorganized my code with the effect that now every material referenced in an object is passed through BB's converter and thus written to the .lxm file, instead of just the ones that are actually used by some polygons. That shouldn't create any problems, though. Lux will simply ignore those extra materials, because they never get mentioned in the .lxo file.

-- I'm not mad at you, just Westphalian.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:11 AM

Quote - I've reorganized my code with the effect that now every material referenced in an object is passed through BB's converter and thus written to the .lxm file, instead of just the ones that are actually used by some polygons. That shouldn't create any problems, though. Lux will simply ignore those extra materials, because they never get mentioned in the .lxo file.

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 11:34 AM

Quote - Updated Version 1.23a 

Fixed Surface Integrator (was a typo in parametername).
Some more P6 compatibility.

Exported 3 scenes and couldn't find duplicate materials in my export. 

Hi Just for the record ,
there is no working P6 scene exporter on OSX correct??
just testing this out of Pure curiousity and so far the Bagginsbill  UI works on  Max OS 10.4.11
and the geometry export to .LXO will run as well but nothing else.

sound about right?

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 12:17 PM

The error message I was getting yesterday in 1.22a/b is now gone.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 1:15 PM

Quote -
Hi Just for the record ,
there is no working P6 scene exporter on OSX correct??
just testing this out of Pure curiousity and so far the Bagginsbill  UI works on  Max OS 10.4.11
and the geometry export to .LXO will run as well but nothing else.

sound about right?

Cheers

I have no P6 here, so I can't test. If you have a bit time, and you are able to post the error-messages from P6, I can try to remove incompatibilities.

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 1:31 PM

"I have no P6 here, so I can't test. If you have a bit time, and you are able to post the error-messages from P6, I can try to remove incompatibilities."

Hi I Downloaded the latest build from  your Signature link
create simple scene in poser
and ran "poser exporter.py"
via the run python script from the file menu and got the following:

File "", line 76, in ?
  File "Macintosh HD:Applications:Poser 6:Runtime:Python:poserScripts:LUXPOSE ALPHA:workers:Parameters.py", line 17, in ?
    STRINGEXCEPTION = set(("outputpath", "poserpath"))
NameError: name 'set' is not defined

this is on  an intel macbook running OS10.4.11 ( yea old i know)
baggnsbill Air created UI app runs fine but Im not sure if its supposed to do anything at this point.
oh and the geometry exporter works an export a .LOX file but on a more compllex prop poser crashes durring export.

hope this helps.

Cheers

My website

YouTube Channel

DisneyFan ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 2:29 PM

Hrm.  I tried to export Adorana's Izetta dynamic hair style, and got this:

Exporting actor Haaransatz
File "D:Poser 7RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxPosePoserLuxExporter.py", line 222, in ?
ExportScene(scene, globalParameters).write(f)
File "D:Poser 7RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxPoseworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 496, in write
ExportActor(actor, self.globalParameters).write(outfile)
File "D:Poser 7RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxPoseworkersPoserLuxExporter_workers.py", line 128, in write
params).write(file)
File "D:Poser 7RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxPosepydoughgeometry_export.py", line 31, in init
geom = from_poser.get(subject)
File "D:Poser 7RuntimePythonposerscriptsLuxPosepydoughfrom_poser.py", line 220, in get
options = {
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'RootWidth'

On a wild guess, I tried changing the 'RootWidth' parameter, to see if the message would change, but no luck.

----------------------------------------------

currently using Poser Pro 2014, Win 10

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 2:44 PM

Quote -
hope this helps.

Yes, thanks. And it was easy to fix :) 
I made a silent update. If you like you may re-download and report the next error :)

Your Poser crash may happen because your machine has not enough memory for a complex prop. Please keep in mind that Lux want's to have triangles, not quads. So, each existing polygon is triangled into two (means: twice as mutch polygons).

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:06 PM

could anyone post how to change this (for example) to a light?  nothing i've tried seems to work, & reading the documentation didn't help either.  thanks.

######################

#----->   ball_1/Preview    <-----

######################

lost in the wilderness

Poser 13, Poser11,  Win7Pro 64, now with 24GB ram

ooh! i guess i can add my new render(only) machine!  Win11, I7, RTX 3060 12GB

My Freebies

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:17 PM

I am getting this error now with PoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-23a

File "C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsPoserLuxExporter.py", line 76, in ?
    import workers.Parameters
  File "C:Program Files (x86)Smith MicroPoser 8RuntimePythonposerScriptsworkersParameters.py", line 17, in ?
    STRINGEXCEPTION = tuple("outputpath", "poserpath")
TypeError: tuple() takes at most 1 argument (2 given)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:20 PM

Just a guess from reading the wiki, but this should be a stab in the right direction:

MakeNamedMaterial "ball_1/Preview" "string type" ["light"]
"float gain" [100]

Not sure if the Ks, Kd and roughness parameters carry over. The colors might have to be Kt, Kr.

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:30 PM

Flenser--ok, tried that, but i get
[2010-09-14 15:26:24 Error: 14] Static loading of material 'light' failed.

i've tried things like light:L too & get a similar error.     grrrrrrrrrrrrr.  i KNOW it's something simple i've overlooked.

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

adp001 ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:33 PM

Quote - I am getting this error now with PoserLuxExporter_alpha_1-23a

Oh yes, sorry. Please re-download.

pokeydots ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:42 PM

Thanks, working now :)

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

Flenser ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 3:44 PM

Jancory,

Try just adding an emit parameter to the original material settings, e.g.

"float emit" [50]

Latexluv ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:13 PM

LaurieA, you there? What are the material settings for purple glass and silver metal? And how did you change your light to sun/sky?

Weapons of choice:

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:35 PM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:40 PM

Quote - LaurieA, you there? What are the material settings for purple glass and silver metal? And how did you change your light to sun/sky?

For purple glass, I'd use:

MakeNamedMaterial "yourmaterialnamehere" "string type" ["glass"]
"color Kr" [0.7 0.0 0.7]
"color Kt" [0.4 0.0 0.4]
"float index" [1.5]

you can play around with the red and blue colors there a little bit to get the color you like

Luxrender has a built-in silver metal you can use:

MakeNamedMaterial "yourmaterialnamehere" "string type" ["metal"]
"string name" ["silver"]
"float uroughness" [0.05]
"float vroughness" [0.05]

If you want to make a colored metal that's not built into Luxrender, then use a glossy string type with u and v roughness to control the blurriness of the reflections and high numbers in the "color Ks" red green and blue fields.

Change the u and v roughness to adjust for how blurry (or not) you want the reflections.

As for sun and sunsky, I just copy and past the attributes from the sample file that comes with luxrender ;o).

Laurie

jancory ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:37 PM · edited Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:37 PM

i'm not laurie, but....

this'll work for silver.  change 'squig/metal' to match your object of course.

######################

#----->   squig/metal    <-----

MakeNamedMaterial "squig/metal" "string type" ["metal"]
"string name" ["silver"]

######################

to change to sunsky, save this as e.g. sunsky.lxl & change your scene file to point to it instead of the one it exported with (near the bottom of your .lxs).  make sure to put it in the same folder as the .lxs.

start lights

start light "Light 1"

AttributeBegin
LightSource "sunsky"
"float relsize" [1.000000]
"vector sundir" [0.7 0.4 0.8]
"float gain" [1.000000]
"float turbidity" [2.200000]
AttributeEnd

end light "Light 1"

end lights

Flenser--now Lux doesn't like the parameter "emit"......like i said, it has to be something simple i'm missing.  all i want to do is make some balls glow in an object.

oops, crossposted

lost in the wilderness

My Freebies

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 14 September 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quote - Jancory,

Try just adding an emit parameter to the original material settings, e.g.

"float emit" [50]

Wouldn't that need an Attribute Begin and end or Object Begin and End in there somewhere?

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.