Mon, Oct 7, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Adding wave to Gradient Shader.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:44 PM · edited Mon, 07 October 2024 at 9:21 AM

file_462891.jpg

My skills in photoshop are better than Carrara, I'm trying to bring an effect from Photoshop into Carrara.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 2:45 PM

file_462892.jpg

So here it is in Carrara.  I'm just not sure how to add the Wave into the gradient like I can in photoshop.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 3:08 PM

Try the Elevation shader and use its Wiggle parameter.

Regards,

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild
Carrara and LightWave plug-ins

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 4:29 PM

Quote - Try the Elevation shader and use its Wiggle parameter.

Regards,

The above sample was done with the Environment function.  If I switch to Elevation I lose that look all together and it becomes 1 color.  However in the shader editor I can see the wiggle effect.  I tried playing with all the different Elevation settings but no luck.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:01 PM

Feed the Elevation shader into the Color Gradient so your Color Channel looks like

Color Gradient

|__Elevation

Since you're comfortable with photoshop, another option is build the color gradient there and use projection mapping to texture your text.

Regards,

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:16 PM

file_462896.JPG

> Quote - Feed the Elevation shader into the Color Gradient so your Color Channel looks like > > Color Gradient > > |__Elevation > > Since you're comfortable with photoshop, another option is build the color gradient there and use projection mapping to texture your text. > > Regards,

Hmmm building the gradient in photoshop and mapping as a texture is an interesting idea.

Here is a shot of my shader setup.

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:16 PM

file_462897.jpg

NOw here is what the render looks like with elevation.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 5:47 PM

file_462900.png

This should answer your questions, hopefully.

ewinemiller ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 6:10 PM

file_462903.jpg

> Quote - Hmmm building the gradient in photoshop and mapping as a texture is an interesting idea. Here is a shot of my shader setup.

You're pretty much there. Just make sure the Height parameter is set to the center of your object and the Blend is about the height. Here's my shot at it.

Regards,

Eric Winemiller
Digital Carvers Guild

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 12 December 2010 at 7:42 PM

That works too!

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 5:12 AM

Uouu... a real shading lesson here!

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 5:28 AM

Tried both of the above screenshots and still not getting the look that both of you got.

I'll keep trying.

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 13 December 2010 at 5:43 AM

I think object size is important here too... value are dependent of the object size.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.