Mon, Sep 9, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Poser heaven has arrived?

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 1:48 AM

It will only be Poser heaven if this doesn't adversely affect the burst of creativity that has been loose in Poserdom since the g-thing initially was DS only....

flibbits ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:00 AM

Quote - Any morphs you load (and that are installed to the same folder as the Genesis Essentials and core files) should just show up as a dial option in the figure. You don't inject  - the plugin scans for content that's available to it when you load the figure.

Laurie

What about material (such as skin) poses?

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:41 AM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:52 AM

I noticed all my human characters are scaling the same size? Is this gonna be addressed? Only the troll appears bigger...

My Renderosity Store

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:37 AM

Quote - The slow loading library is a known issue that's been reported to Daz and can be avoided in Poser Pro 2012 by setting the library to "external" in preferences. Poser 9 users will have to wait for a fix. Laurie

I take it this isn't affecting everyone, I aint noticed it?

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:48 AM

Quote - It will only be Poser heaven if this doesn't adversely affect the burst of creativity that has been loose in Poserdom since the g-thing initially was DS only....

Quite right, I think.

I'd be hopeful that it represents another neat innovation, on a number of levels... and might inspire still more...

...I wouldn't describe it as "heaven" by any stretch... I'd have to say. He he. Although I do think it's pretty good.

So it's not "hell" either. LOL. Least not for me... just another toy.

At present it is proving a good thing to play about with... and the way it has been done seems pretty innovative to me.

But I do suspect that its ultimate success will hinge on a sustained, and continuing, support and maintenance effort from Daz, and indeed SM... to iron out user issues.

Unsurprisingly, for something that is, really, breaking a lot of new ground... I feel.

We've got two parties who need to continue to play together nicely I guess, to make a real success of this?

One could be seen to be primarily focused on making viable software... and their attention to the content could be seen to be secondary... the other could be seen to be, effectively, the opposite side of the coin there...

I'm still going with the allusion I made earlier to the film The Dark Crystal, in my own head, on this... I reckon 😉 But only because I still, really love that film.

Oh, and then there's all the third party content makers / vendors... who, ultimately make the majority of the content, I guess, and therefore can make or break anything new in terms of figures? Even moreso than initial user uptake, I would hazard a guess...

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:54 AM

Quote - > Quote - Any morphs you load (and that are installed to the same folder as the Genesis Essentials and core files) should just show up as a dial option in the figure. You don't inject  - the plugin scans for content that's available to it when you load the figure.

Laurie

What about material (such as skin) poses?

MAT Poses seem to apply fine, provided you've got the right UV Set applied to Genesis.

i.e. for a V4 skin MAT pose, you need the basic female dialled up first... in fact, you may need to first apply the Genesis sample basic female texture - Lara (no gens) or whatever it is - from the Materials section of the Library... is that the case?

Confused myself now...

In terms of using DS materials in Poser... I'm guessing materials are a totally different case?

Or is there provision in the DSONLoader to import DS materials into Poser format??

DCArt ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:00 AM

MAT Poses seem to apply fine, provided you've got the right UV Set applied to Genesis.

It would be an enhancement if, somehow, the UV assignments could become part of the "pose" (or library file) that applies the texture. With two possible UV sets for Michael 5 and Victoria 5, and with no obvious instructions as to how to pick or apply the correct UVs, it would be a good thing to make seamless to the user.

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:05 AM

I've not looked at the mc6 files supplied with the Genesis Essentials (e.g. that Lara - no gens one I mentioned).

Is there special code in those to call the DSONLoader to switch the UVs?

If so, maybe that code snippet could be copied into MAT pose files or other mc6 files?

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:14 AM

It would be nice if a group of users got together and wrote a decent walk through of the whole process.

Using a freebie clothing set, the user of the tutorial could then learn more about it than just constantly asking the same questions.

I'm NOT getting into a them and us type of situation, or derailing the thread.

I would just like to see a clear set of instructions that take a beginner from a staring point in Studio to a finished version in Poser.

Lots of NON jargon information, screenshots etc.

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:39 AM

Sounds like a great suggestion to me PaganEagle 👍

cole4965 ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 8:27 AM

Hi Laurie,

They did show up. I just needed to be more patient!

Appreciate the help.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:03 AM

Quote - >>> MAT Poses seem to apply fine, provided you've got the right UV Set applied to Genesis.

It would be an enhancement if, somehow, the UV assignments could become part of the "pose" (or library file) that applies the texture. With two possible UV sets for Michael 5 and Victoria 5, and with no obvious instructions as to how to pick or apply the correct UVs, it would be a good thing to make seamless to the user.

A .duf preset with a companion file should set the UV set - the presets for the Genesis "sample" textures do, for example.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:12 AM

"We've got two parties who need to continue to play together nicely I guess, to make a real success of this?"

I believe it was LBJ who said, "Better to have them inside the tent pissing out than outside tent pissing in." 

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:28 AM

Quote - "We've got two parties who need to continue to play together nicely I guess, to make a real success of this?"

I believe it was LBJ who said, "Better to have them inside the tent pissing out than outside tent pissing in." 

LMAO! :laugh:

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quote - I've not looked at the mc6 files supplied with the Genesis Essentials (e.g. that Lara - no gens one I mentioned).

Is there special code in those to call the DSONLoader to switch the UVs?

If so, maybe that code snippet could be copied into MAT pose files or other mc6 files?

Yes that switches the UV set to V4.

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:33 AM

Quote - > Quote - Cool!  OK, I will give that a whirl, thanks for your help!

You are very welcome. I just hope it helps.

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - The shoes are from the Casual 1950 for Genesis Female from Daz.

I don't think I'm allowed to link to them but if you go to new releases they are at the top of the second page if you have 15 items per page.

Thanks let me look.

OK those shoes are weird. The feet and toes do not weight the shoes at all they are entirely weighted by the shin. When coming into Poser they are not keeping the shin weights, so are moving rigidly. I passed it on to DAZ's Devs, because it should also be weighted the way it is in Studio.

Thank you very much for your help. Hopefully they will be updated so I can try again. :)

The Platinum Club is running hard to do DSON conversions. :) They'll get to it sooner instead of later.

bhoins ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 10:35 AM

Quote - > Quote - >>> MAT Poses seem to apply fine, provided you've got the right UV Set applied to Genesis.

A .duf preset with a companion file should set the UV set - the presets for the Genesis "sample" textures do, for example.

You can then append the MC6 information after the call. (I believe several of the items in the Starter content do just that. :) )

hornet3d ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 12:19 PM

Quote - It will only be Poser heaven if this doesn't adversely affect the burst of creativity that has been loose in Poserdom since the g-thing initially was DS only....

I don't think it will in the short term.  Had it had been Poser ready from the start then it may have been different but with the production on V4 weight map and the other new figures has meant at least some have gone another direction.  As you can see from the 'Poser heaven' type threads, so far most people are getting it to work and looking for advantages and disadvantages.  Yet the truth is all of this is extra work over a direct Poser figure and there are bound to be a few snags.  For someone using mainly V4 there is little need to take on the extra work. Eventually Genesis may well be the way to go but only if it becomes a lot easier, and successful, before the next big thing arrives.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:33 PM

Quote - (I believe several of the items in the Starter content do just that. :) )

Yes, so I noticed after I'd helped someone get it set up starting from scratch.

VonCroy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:44 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_487724.jpg

Installed the converter and got this with Journeyer Scout and basic female set to 1. Anybody got this to work?

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:45 PM

Run the script. Scripts!DSON Support!Transfer Active Morphs

Cloth will then fit

VonCroy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:50 PM

wimvdb: thank you for your fast reply. This worked like a charm. Was this a case of RTFM?

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 2:56 PM

Eeeh, yes. Step 4 in the (online) manual in the section "Help my clothing does not fit!"

VonCroy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 3:01 PM

monkeycloud ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 4:09 PM · edited Tue, 16 October 2012 at 4:11 PM

Quote - You can then append the MC6 information after the call. (I believe several of the items in the Starter content do just that. :) )

I suspected that might be how it'd work... and yes, looking at the mc6 for "Sample Lana - no gen" I can see it call the .py file of the same name, which calls the DSON importer to load the .duf file of the same name...

...and I can see that runPythonScript call is then followed by the actual material groups definitions.

Cool. So... I'm back to just needing to figure out / get my head around the creation of the .duf presets I guess.

VonCroy ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:31 PM

OK, so it seems to work in Poser, now how do I convert all my V4, V3, G2 and whatever else lurks in my runtimes to Genesis?

wimvdb ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 6:44 PM

Quote - OK, so it seems to work in Poser, now how do I convert all my V4, V3, G2 and whatever else lurks in my runtimes to Genesis?

That is a good question and a long and difficult answer.

Basically you have to use the latest DS4.5 to autofit the gen4/gen3 clothing and then save it as DUF files and create a Poser Companion File. See the online documentation for the procress

Character morph sets can be converted - again in DS4.5 - with the help (and purchase) of GenX plus addons (from Dimension3D at DAZ). It will transform your gen3 or gen4 figure in a genesis one. This one can then be used in Poser.

This is a lot of work and needs DS4.5 (because of the Poser companion files), but that is where we are now. I hope a tool gets developed which makes this a lot easier - especially by having batch facilities

Belladzines ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:31 PM

I've installed DSON now successfully and have Genesis in my scene ... however ... my library window either freezes or is very very extremely slow ..... 

has anyone else had this issue? and i've finished installing all the service releases ..... including the SR3.1 ....

TIA

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 7:43 PM

theh library issue isknown (I don't have it on my mac though) and I have heard if you make the library floating instead of docked that the problem goes away.

Deecy - mec4D has made a free utility called DSON PCF UVS

it is very useful.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

Belladzines ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:02 PM

Even with the library floating, it still has the same problem .....

LilWolff ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:28 PM

Quote - The slow loading library is a known issue that's been reported to Daz and can be avoided in Poser Pro 2012 by setting the library to "external" in preferences. Poser 9 users will have to wait for a fix. Laurie

I knew I saw something about this somewhere in this thread. Thanks for putting the information here Laurie. :-)

Belladzines ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2012 at 9:39 PM

Finally!!

thankyou laurie! now i can continue with my work!!

ssgbryan ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 12:30 AM

Quote - Sigh...converting all my GenX transfers is gonna take some time...

Can you give me tips and tricks for this - moving Gen3 to Genesis is about the only thing I want genesis for.

Zev0 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 12:49 AM · edited Wed, 17 October 2012 at 12:54 AM

Actually I just copied them over Genx folder from my Daz data to the poser Genesis Data folder. They all work. Located under /library/Data/Daz3d/Genesis/Base/Morphs/D3dGenx/

No conversion was needed.

My Renderosity Store

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 2:14 AM

did you end up with a figure that had V3 morph dials as well as V5 and M5 then?

Love esther

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 4:00 AM

I still say someone needs to do a walk through with a freebie to show how it is all done.

How can you trust documentation that says:

Load the file. If any errors pop up while loading, please get in contact with someone who can help resolve the issues before you proceed.

So, tell me, who do you contact?

All the best.

LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

Vestmann ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 8:42 AM

file_487760.jpg

I was really agains the Genesis "revolution" but Daz has really turned me over with the new Dson importer. The image above explains why. It's Genesis with a fat M5 morph in pants from V4 with M4 materials.  Yes, I did have to buy a morph pack or two BUT I can use all of my existing V4 and M4 mats, clothes, props and hair and besides, it's not like I'd stopped buying V4 stuff.

Here's how I convert V4 clothes to Genesis:

1. Start Daz Studio with Genesis loaded.

2. Load a V4 clothing figure and conform it to Genesis

3. DS will prompt you with the Auto fit thingy. Select V4 as the source figure and choose a clothing type.

4. After the conversion save the clothing as a scene (or scene subset).  Remember where you save it.

5. Start Poser and use the Dson loader from D3D to load the saved clothing figure. 

Done! It's now ready to use with all the Genesis morphs you have!  ;)

Vestmann's Gallery

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:01 AM

Quote - Here's how I convert V4 clothes to Genesis:

1. Start Daz Studio with Genesis loaded.

2. Load a V4 clothing figure and conform it to Genesis

3. DS will prompt you with the Auto fit thingy. Select V4 as the source figure and choose a clothing type.

4. After the conversion save the clothing as a scene (or scene subset).  Remember where you save it.

5. Start Poser and use the Dson loader from D3D to load the saved clothing figure. 

Done! It's now ready to use with all the Genesis morphs you have!  ;)

That's a much easier process than I tried before, I need to try that.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:06 AM

unfortunatley on mac when I did it I got a poser crash each time,

love esther

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:15 AM

Quote - unfortunatley on mac when I did it I got a poser crash each time,

love esther

Yep, that crashed my Poser 9 as well, on Win7 64 bit.  Oh well...

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:18 AM

file_487761.jpg

I have tried a few outfits, but not all of them look acceptable

See attached example of an A3 cloth. In poser it looks even worse and some of the (breast) morphs don't get transferred (after transfer active morphs)

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:20 AM

Quote - > Quote - unfortunatley on mac when I did it I got a poser crash each time,

love esther

Yep, that crashed my Poser 9 as well, on Win7 64 bit.  Oh well...

Attch your DS4 as a Poser runtime before you start D3Ds DSON loader

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:23 AM

thanks - that didn't crash but still tome sort of a problem with the item not showing up in poser and now my computer is crawling.  I will try again.

3doutlaw ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:24 AM

Quote - Attch your DS4 as a Poser runtime before you start D3Ds DSON loader

Not sure what that means?  I only have one runtime...it is on an external drive, for both DS and Poser.  What is my "DS4"?  Is that another runtime directory?

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:29 AM

Some people have separate DAZ studio  4 folder not shared with poser.

Does the above clothing connversion work for you?

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:29 AM

Quote - > Quote - Attch your DS4 as a Poser runtime before you start D3Ds DSON loader

Not sure what that means?  I only have one runtime...it is on an external drive, for both DS and Poser.  What is my "DS4"?  Is that another runtime directory?

You have saved the autofitted version in DS4.5 somewhere. That is the runtime you need to have attached to Poser. It might be a different one as the one you have stored the Poser Companion files

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:32 AM

I cannot see my outfit after running DSON loader but at least no poser crash now.  So  now I"m trying a render to see if it is just invisible...no I can't see it in my scene even though it came into my scene supposedly. ie I can select it in poser.

wimvdb ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:39 AM

Quote - I cannot see my outfit after running DSON loader but at least no poser crash now.  So  now I"m trying a render to see if it is just invisible...no I can't see it in my scene even though it came into my scene supposedly. ie I can select it in poser.

That probably means that it cannot find the accompanying DSF file (the obj file which was created). I had that problem as well because I thought I had put everyting in my Poser Genesis runtime, but apparently the save scene asset puts additional files in the DS4 folder. That is why I said to attach that one as well. Now the converted clothes appear in poser when you load the DSON loader

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:41 AM

where do I find the obj file please?

Love esther

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:44 AM · edited Wed, 17 October 2012 at 9:44 AM

oh okay DS4 folder - I'll try it.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.