Fri, Sep 20, 5:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:16 am)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:10 AM

I tried out the new installer yesterday and I have to admit it does make it easier to install new items. It did suggest I delete everyhing and re-install it thru the installer but I didn't do that, I just installed the ones that I have been missing since I lost my hard drive.

I just wish the would come up with better way of loading the files. Instead of loading outfits in figures, MAT's into Pose, and props, well.... into props why not put all the items for that outfit together. That is how I have mine arranged so I don't have to keep hunting for what I want.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:12 AM

I see its like an organizer I have all of my read me's ito such sections that work just as well

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:14 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:14 AM

Quote - > Quote - I am wondering does one need to re install content using the bit rock installer or can I just copy from my runtime folder & I think it was mentioned that one has to create a new location?

Are you talking about the new DAZ Install Manager? If yes, so the answer is no, you don't need re-install nothing, but you should re-install if you want DIM track which products are installed. DIM will track only products which it installed.

You don't need use DIM to install your downloaded content. You can download your products and unarchive the downloaded zip file and install it manually. DIM will not keep track of what and where things were installed.

You can use a dummy folder to install a product with DIM and move the files to your working folders after arrange the stuff as you want, and by this way DIM keep track of what was installed.

An empty folder is not mandatory, is recommended. While the default path set by DIM, there is no requirement to use the default path, if for some reason that path does not suit your needs. You can add unlimited install directories and delete the default path set by DIM.

So I can use to sort of move my content into their sections without re downloading anything if I dont care abut DIM I get it

MBusch ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:24 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:24 AM

Quote - I tried out the new installer yesterday and I have to admit it does make it easier to install new items. It did suggest I delete everyhing and re-install it thru the installer but I didn't do that, I just installed the ones that I have been missing since I lost my hard drive.

I just wish the would come up with better way of loading the files. Instead of loading outfits in figures, MAT's into Pose, and props, well.... into props why not put all the items for that outfit together. That is how I have mine arranged so I don't have to keep hunting for what I want.

You can get all related files togheter in the Products column in Content Library, or selecting the product in Smart Content Products tab where all files for that product will show does matter if is a morph or a material preset.

I think is some hard to give up old habits. I used to have my content in a very hierarchical structure at the system level and in Content Library. I just give up to this method and I am using the Metadata to sort my files and Smart Content do load what I want. It works nice to me. It is just my way.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:25 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:26 AM

I never got into the smart content thing. For some reason when I choose something like clothing I only see a limited section prolly opertator error in m case. Besides using genesis I pretty well run 4.5 like I did 3...

MBusch ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:32 AM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:33 AM

Oh... one last thing about DIM once this is off the thread subject. You always will get an entry in the Products section of Content Library despite the product lacks metadata. Very nice.

@Bob, if You need any additional information about DIM, please PM. I prefer let the thread follow the subject.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 11:33 AM

Quote - Oh... one last thing about DIM once this is off the thread subject. You get always will get an entry in the Products section of Content Library despite the product lacks metadata. Very nice.

@Bob, if You need any additional information about DIM, please PM. I prefer let the thread follow the subject.

Indeed which is why I also posted renders...

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:06 PM · edited Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:06 PM

Back on topic I think the export crash is a bug in the new Reality I just had it happen on a different scene with just 2 characters & sunlight

callad ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:15 PM

Quote - Back on topic I think the export crash is a bug in the new Reality I just had it happen on a different scene with just 2 characters & sunlight

With Geometry set on Lux Native Bob?

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 12:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Back on topic I think the export crash is a bug in the new Reality I just had it happen on a different scene with just 2 characters & sunlight

With Geometry set on Lux Native Bob?

No but this was never an issue before this version

Crystan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 1:44 PM

Quote - Crystan, you'll find diamond in the Gemstone material drop-down list, which will set the IOR for you. Personally I do not set it to Hyper Realistic.

There was a setting for Pearls but it was on the old Daz site, so cannot find it for you. There is a IOR setting for pearl in the same drop-down list though.

Sharkbyte, funny how we both rendered redheads with the simular poses.

The problem is that the IOR alone isn't really giving the effect I was after. It just looks like glass but the background beyond looks a bit more bulbous than usual. I was really looking for some thin film settings which aren't added by the drop-down so I can get that same irridescence normally associated with shiny gemstones. Well, the render didn't come out too badly in the end regardless. I just have a bit of extra postworking to do.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 3:19 PM

John.. I must say that my inspiration for my render did not come to me from out of the blue.  I saw one of my fave artists do a super hot render sort of like then one we did and it just gave me the impetus to give my own version a try.  As far as the redhead thing go, I'm the son, grandson and great-grandson of redheads, have 2 redheaded brothers and 1 redhead sister, and have a daughter and son who are redheads.  My youngest daughter(10 months old) is blonde now but showing redhead signs; so, you'll notice that a lot of my renders stray towards the redheads.  After being one for 44 years and being around others for the same amount of time; I've come to the realization that it's incredible hard to fake red hair and not make it look like it comes from a crayola box. That's why whenever I get a new hair texture, I check out all the reds first.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 3:20 PM

Fantastic render mustang.  Love the Hulk and really dig the lens flare effect you did there.  With the overall air of the render it sort of makes it.

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 3:23 PM

Quote - I see its like an organizer I have all of my read me's ito such sections that work just as well

I have all my readme's organized in their own directory too.  It's called "Recycle Bin"  :biggrin:

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 09 February 2013 at 3:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - I see its like an organizer I have all of my read me's ito such sections that work just as well

I have all my readme's organized in their own directory too.  It's called "Recycle Bin"  :biggrin:

Idiot LOL

UHF ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:42 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2411925

file_491493.jpg

Well... Here's the render I was struggling with, finally finished.

Its called, "I told you not to peak when I was buffing myself!"

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:45 AM

Looks like the lux native worked just worked for me again now

MBusch ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:20 AM

Quote - Well... Here's the render I was struggling with, finally finished.

Very nice and funny! Love it.

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 5:55 AM

Has anyone tried the Genesis Bot in Reality/Lux? I know Cwichura has and he mentioned having to manually edit the .lxm file to delete duplicate materials caused by Reality not correctly importing geografted parts. Unfortunately this information, along with lots of other good stuff, of course, was lost when DAZ removed the Reality thread (don't get me started on that).

I have to say though, that when I looked in the lxm my mind was boggled and I found it impossible to identify the materials CW was referring to. If you try rendering the Bot as is the result is ugly. (Strangely enough, Catgirl, which has lots of grafts, looked fine to me.)

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 9:07 AM

Wow, didn't get any notification in a long tiem.

Anyway, the weekly Reality 3 update is available:

http://preta3d.com/blog/2013/02/10/reality-3-for-poser-weekly-update/

Now, I'm going back a few pages to catch up with what you all have been talking about...

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 9:10 AM
mbin ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 10:22 AM

Quote - > Quote - Crystan, you'll find diamond in the Gemstone material drop-down list, which will set the IOR for you. Personally I do not set it to Hyper Realistic.

There was a setting for Pearls but it was on the old Daz site, so cannot find it for you. There is a IOR setting for pearl in the same drop-down list though.

The problem is that the IOR alone isn't really giving the effect I was after. It just looks like glass but the background beyond looks a bit more bulbous than usual. I was really looking for some thin film settings which aren't added by the drop-down so I can get that same irridescence normally associated with shiny gemstones. Well, the render didn't come out too badly in the end regardless. I just have a bit of extra postworking to do.

Maybe a bit late now... but this is a post I saved under Reality/Tutorials on my hard drive. Not sure if its the one being refered to, but maybe it helps? `¬)

MyDeviantArtGallery

mbin ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 10:45 AM

Quote - Hi Mario.

Thank you for your recognition about the Poser Add-on framework, it's very much appreciated. SM deserves, of course, the praise because they developed it trusting a perfect stranger, Yours Truly :)

... but it's a good thing that you kept up with Poser because...  

... I did have a trial version of Poser once, probably poser 3 or something many many years ago. I can see that Daz3d is not aiming at application development, and being as Poser now can support Genesis, the content provided by daz is now fully Poser compatible... The only problem is that for those of us who have not kept up to date with the Poser upgrades, it is quite a steep sidways move to now jump on to PoserPro2012... Certainly something that is becoming more attractive though, especially with what's going on with Daz? I wonder if Smith Micro are likely to offer a 'package deal'... buy Reality 3 for Poser, and get Poser 9 (insert crazy offer price here) and upgrade to Pro 2012 for only... `¬) ... now that would be interesting! For those that have used daz studio and Poser, which of them is prefered and when they both have Reality support, which one are you likely to end up using? (or would they both have different advantages/disadvantages?)

MyDeviantArtGallery

mbin ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 10:53 AM

Quote - Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2411925

Well... Here's the render I was struggling with, finally finished.

...lol... very cute cam bot! how did you get it to be so innocent looking!?! `¬)

MyDeviantArtGallery

RLSprouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 10:55 AM

Here is another question for Paolo or another Mac-knowledgeable DAZ Studio user:

I have not been able to make DS4.5 recognize my Space Navigator 3-D joystick, so I thought I would enable the keyboard shortcuts Paolo showed us in the first "Make Your Own Reality" video.  But it seems the Edit menu has been totally changed, and I cannot find the "Customize" feature anywhere.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

~ Russ  

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 11:03 AM
RLSprouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 11:06 AM

Quote - Russ, press F3, it should bring up the Customize window.

No, Paolo, that takes me to the Mountain Lion "Mission Control" screen.

~ Russ  

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 11:20 AM

Quote - No, Paolo, that takes me to the Mountain Lion "Mission Control" screen.   ~ Russ  

Yes, I remapped the Expose keys to use the Option modifier. They get in the way of many apps.

Paolo

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 11:45 AM

Since this is a pure hobby even if lets say there was no more DS versions I can carry on on with this set up for quite a while. I am also re discovering using alpha channel and blending with real pic backdrops which is neat. Having said that R3 for DS will be in my cart as soon as it is released :)

Crystan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:04 PM

file_491508.jpg

One thing I've been curious about for a while. Is there support in Reality currently for homogeneous materials? I know a lot of the other materials are converted (such as Glass 2 being under hyper-realistic), but since homogeneous materials are the ones which currently support SSS, it might be very useful for skin materials. I did a search, but I couldn't find any info on this.

Anyway, here's a somewhat recent Reality render.

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:12 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:13 PM

As per J the Ninja, its a luxrender.....

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 12:21 PM

Crystan, homogenuos volumes are not supported in Reality 2, that is a new feature that I just announced in Reality 3, see the development update posted this morning.

Paolo

RLSprouse ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 1:06 PM

Quote - > Quote - No, Paolo, that takes me to the Mountain Lion "Mission Control" screen.   ~ Russ  

Yes, I remapped the Expose keys to use the Option modifier. They get in the way of many apps.

OK, it took me a while, but I figured it out.  Thanks, Paulo!

~ Russ  

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:18 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:18 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:19 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/320-353550269

file_491510.jpg

This is the one with a 3D character with a pic BG I may get back imto more of this like in my early days...

bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:20 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:33 PM
inquire ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 2:56 PM

Quote - > Quote -    For those that have used daz studio and Poser, which of them is prefered and when they both have Reality support, which one are you likely to end up using? (or would they both have different advantages/disadvantages?)

Oh, my! What war are you trying to start here ; (Just joking.) Well, maybe it's because I've only got an iMac with a Core2Duo 2.8  Ghz  Processor and 4GBs of ram, but Genesis in PoserPro2012 is horribly slow. If I want to use Genesis, I have to use DS 4.5.1.56.

callad ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 3:07 PM

Quote -    For those that have used daz studio and Poser, which of them is prefered and when they both have Reality support, which one are you likely to end up using? (or would they both have different advantages/disadvantages?)

I have used Poser (at least I tried to) for a short period, it drove me right up the walls. I'm a Dazzie, always was, and think will be forever..

So now I'm waiting for the summer to end and for september to arrive.. Then Reality 3 for DS will (hopefully) be out.

Remember guys? When we had to wait for Reality 1? Those days we made jokes about Reality 3 and 4 to arrive. Now we have Reality 2 already and are just as impatient as ever.. :)

Time is an illusion, it does not exist. Everything happens 'now'. Yesterday is gone and tomorrow is nothing more than a promise.

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 3:21 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2013 at 3:23 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Penny heard someone mentioned self-shot photos. The phone is a Galaxy S3 model free in this month's 3D World Magazine.

The camera has been reduced in scale to 1% and is parented to the phone in the same position as the phone camera. A mesh light has also been resized and parented in front of the camera flash.

UHF ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 4:00 PM

Quote - Penny heard someone mentioned self-shot photos. The phone is a Galaxy S3 model free in this month's 3D World Magazine.

The camera has been reduced in scale to 1% and is parented to the phone in the same position as the phone camera. A mesh light has also been resized and parented in front of the camera flash.

Shwing!

I'm tell you guys, such a pose set would sell!

mustang2011 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 5:20 PM

file_491513.jpg

I was trying this morph out and was impressed how it looks

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 6:12 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote -    For those that have used daz studio and Poser, which of them is prefered and when they both have Reality support, which one are you likely to end up using? (or would they both have different advantages/disadvantages?)

Oh, my! What war are you trying to start here ; (Just joking.) Well, maybe it's because I've only got an iMac with a Core2Duo 2.8  Ghz  Processor and 4GBs of ram, but Genesis in PoserPro2012 is horribly slow. If I want to use Genesis, I have to use DS 4.5.1.56.

I have to agree, genesis is slower on my poser 2012 than in DS4.5 and some of the main features that are part of DS to make things work with it are missing in poser, so I find it more tedious than using it in DS.

Each has there pros and cons depending on your workflow, what content and characters you use and what features you use. I have been spending lots of time lately in poser 2012 getting ready for reality 3 and I have missed the cloth room, but have yet to find a lighting solution I like, so no renders yet. Alos I find WW very awkward. I guess I am so used to autofit, oh well.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 6:13 PM

Quote - I was trying this morph out and was impressed how it looks

Nice POV. I thought about getting cit X, but didn't, may have to look at it again.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 6:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - Penny heard someone mentioned self-shot photos. The phone is a Galaxy S3 model free in this month's 3D World Magazine.

Shwing!

I'm tell you guys, such a pose set would sell!

LOL, I'd buy it!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 6:17 PM

Cool render! I keep teling myself to pick up one of the bot products, but never seem to find uses for them.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2013 at 6:50 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Crystan, you'll find diamond in the Gemstone material drop-down list, which will set the IOR for you. Personally I do not set it to Hyper Realistic.

Maybe a bit late now... but this is a post I saved under Reality/Tutorials on my hard drive. Not sure if its the one being refered to, but maybe it helps? `¬)

Would you be willing to post that in Paolo's forum in the thread called Recipes?

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Sharkbytes-BamaScans ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 10:12 AM

That render is DOPE

john3d ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 12:06 PM

file_491552.jpg

As you can see I have installed some clothes for Genesis :) Not sure if the hands are right in this pose, had hell of a game trying to get them in roughly the right place.

UHF ( ) posted Mon, 11 February 2013 at 12:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well... Here's the render I was struggling with, finally finished.

That render is DOPE

I suppose you can guess what I meant by 'buffing'...

Actually you could just call your last render Maralyn Manson...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.