Thu, Sep 19, 12:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 12:07 pm)

Subject: Shirt Transfer unit settings question

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 12:22 PM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:08 PM

file_493080.png

Hi, Today I decided to mess with DAZ "again" to see if I could figure out this tranfer unit because I want to use some 3d Universe people. I talked to 3d Universe and they make a really good tutor at [ http://www.3duniverse.co.za/articles/?Modeling-for-Specific-Genesis-Shapes](http://www.3duniverse.co.za/articles/?Modeling-for-Specific-Genesis-Shapes) and I also followed this video  and as usually I do something wrong and the shirt ends up in the middle fo the figure at th end of the process. 

The shirt was made using MD and the genesis Julie figure. The shirt does fit Julie. These are my setting. Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Thanks
Kimberly

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

PoppaC ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 3:51 PM

it would be nice to learn everytime i try it never works no matter how close I try dynamic clothing just does not want act right in DAZ3d   so some body, some body Please, bring help to me, all i want some renders to be

RHaseltine ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 4:12 PM

When sending the figure to MD you need to reset the scale to 100%, since Julie is scaled down as well as morphed. Then when you bring the OBJ back into DS and use the Transfer Utility you need to set the Source Shape to Morph, then pick the Julie morph from the list, and in the More options area (click the button at the bottom of the dialogue if it isn't showing) check Reverse Source Shape from Target.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 7:52 PM

Where Genesis is concerned building clothing around a morphed shape is foolish to say the least, it has to be made to fit the gray golem otherwise you end up with crumple zones that wont go away.

As far as MD goes, load Genesis into a clean scene in DS and export it as OBJ, that will be your avatar in MD, build and drape your clothing around it.

You then export the clothing as OBJ and use the Transfer Utility on that in DS to rig it for Genesis, once rigged and conformed to Genesis you save it using "File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset".

The other Genesis shapes are morphs, which means you need to create morphs in the clothing to get it to fit to those shapes.

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 10:57 PM

Quote - When sending the figure to MD you need to reset the scale to 100%, since Julie is scaled down as well as morphed. Then when you bring the OBJ back into DS and use the Transfer Utility you need to set the Source Shape to Morph, then pick the Julie morph from the list, and in the More options area (click the button at the bottom of the dialogue if it isn't showing) check Reverse Source Shape from Target.

Thanks, I'll work on the scaling.

3D Artist Network  by Imaginative 3D: Where the “i” in “imaginative” stands for the individual” 3D artists showing off their creative designs.

kimbersue ( ) posted Wed, 27 March 2013 at 11:05 PM

Quote - Where Genesis is concerned building clothing around a morphed shape is foolish to say the least, it has to be made to fit the gray golem otherwise you end up with crumple zones that wont go away.

As far as MD goes, load Genesis into a clean scene in DS and export it as OBJ, that will be your avatar in MD, build and drape your clothing around it.

You then export the clothing as OBJ and use the Transfer Utility on that in DS to rig it for Genesis, once rigged and conformed to Genesis you save it using "File > Save as > Support Asset > Figure/Prop Asset".

The other Genesis shapes are morphs, which means you need to create morphs in the clothing to get it to fit to those shapes.

And having to design girls and children's clothing on a six foot male is why I stopped using daz for the most part. I use to love daz and use it 90% of the time. However once in a while I will play with daz again but nearly always use poser now because I find it hard, "if not down right creepy", to try and designer a child's jumper on an adult man.  That's how I feel. Just not my thing to dress a man in children's clothing. But each to their own.  :)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 10:05 AM

If you are designing for, and only going to use the clothes on, a particular shape (possibly with additional morphs, but keeping it at Basic Child say) then it should be OK to do a I said and use the Reverse Source Shape - any crumpling added to the unmorphed fit, or to fits for other shapes, will not matte and you can load the original OBJ as a morph for the Basic Child instead of the crumpled auto-morph. However it is better to model around the base if the item is t be used across multiple shapes.

kimbersue ( ) posted Thu, 28 March 2013 at 8:13 PM

file_493120.png

> Quote - If you are designing for, and only going to use the clothes on, a particular shape (possibly with additional morphs, but keeping it at Basic Child say) then it should be OK to do a I said and use the Reverse Source Shape - any crumpling added to the unmorphed fit, or to fits for other shapes, will not matte and you can load the original OBJ as a morph for the Basic Child instead of the crumpled auto-morph. However it is better to model around the base if the item is t be used across multiple shapes.

This is my latest try after spend several hour reading and posting on forums. If I can't figure it out then I'll return to poser and try again one day next month and try my hands at some mens clothing.  lol lol

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 9:19 AM

It appears to be fitting the shape - is it not rigging (since it sounds as if you are unhappy with it)?

kimbersue ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 9:52 AM

On MD forum it was figure out that is you use source > item figure > current   instead of morphs, it does work. Also dial genesis to the shape you need instead of using the content section to put in your person.

kimbersue ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 9:53 AM

Quote - It appears to be fitting the shape - is it not rigging (since it sounds as if you are unhappy with it)?

The problem was it didn't fit after you run the transfer unit.  See my last posting for the correct settings.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Fri, 29 March 2013 at 5:10 PM

I was forgetting the Current option - you ned to use the base figure and dial it to the shape you want because if you load the character it's memorised in that state, and as a result the morphs don't show as in use (because they are in their default state) which would mean Current ignored them.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.