Fri, Sep 20, 11:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 10:07 pm)

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quote - Will Reality 3 have the ability to reverse which side of a plane I'm using?  Sometimes I've tried to convert an objet to light, only to realize that the plane is facing the wrong way.  The issue is that that object's designer may not have been aware of the Lux's requirements.

This feature has been in Reality 2 for quite some time, a year at least. In the Light editor there is a checkbox to do exaxctly what you asked.

Quote - Also, I've had a terrible time with displacement maps, and in working on this render; http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2435754

It became appearent to me that the maps were 'inverse'.  

The reverse disp map is an issue with the latest versions of LuxRender. Lux 1.2 fixed a bug in the previous versions of the program that caused the maps to be reverse. Reality was aware of the bug and so it was reverting the direction of the map. If you use the latest verison of Reality 2.5 ( http://preta3d.com/tasks/Reality2Download.php ) you get the right direction.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

Fobok ( ) posted Thu, 02 May 2013 at 9:22 PM

file_494099.jpg

Healing Pod:

A mother visits her son as he recovers in a healing-stasis pod after an accident requires cybernetic limb replacement.

Took 44 hours to render to 2k samples/pixel. 

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 1:54 AM

Here's a god one. Does network rendering also work with queue rendering?

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 2:29 AM

Yes. Use it all the time.

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 2:39 AM · edited Sat, 04 May 2013 at 2:39 AM

Quote - Yes. Use it all the time.

Now that is cool cant wait till thrusday even tough I Imagine I will most likely start with the new machine next weekend setting up updating & all...

Reggie68 ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 6:38 AM

Those Huts do have an eye for an outfit!

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 11:03 AM

Quote - Healing Pod:

A mother visits her son as he recovers in a healing-stasis pod after an accident requires cybernetic limb replacement.

Took 44 hours to render to 2k samples/pixel. 

Very nice!!!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

Amethst25 ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 11:03 AM

Quote -

Those Huts do have an eye for an outfit!

May the 4th be with you too!!!

My Rendo Gallery

My DA Gallery

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 7:40 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/2-369721187?q=gallery%3Abobvan&qo=3

file_494148.jpg

Like the way these come out 10 hours plux each can't wait to see how much faster they will be with the new beast and network rendering....

bobvan ( ) posted Sat, 04 May 2013 at 7:41 PM
Doctorjellybean ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 4:20 AM

Many thanks for all your wishes. All things considered, everything went well, and I'm back now. Cooking a render atm :)

Charley, what happened to your avatar?

My DA Gallery

john3d ( ) posted Sun, 05 May 2013 at 5:10 AM

Glad your back Dr, its been quiet here lately.

I was wonder about Callad's avatar as-well but did not want to say anything.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 12:54 AM
Fobok ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 1:02 AM

Quote -
Very nice!!!

Thanks. :)

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 10:03 AM

Paolo I know you are busy with poser version right now but please fix merging in R3 many thanks!

Pret-a-3D ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 10:05 AM

Bob, I am busy with the Studio version :) and yes, the merging will be fixed.

Cheers.

Paolo

https://www.preta3d.com
FB: https://www.facebook.com/RealityPlugIn
Tw: @preta3d
G+: https://plus.google.com/106625816153304163119
The Reality Gallery: https://reality-plug-in.deviantart.com

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 10:09 AM

Quote - Bob, I am busy with the Studio version :) and yes, the merging will be fixed.

Cheers.

Thanks so much! In the scenes I posted with the cheerleaders if I delete one the color of her outfit jumps to another character (for example yellow to red) and loses all the textures back to default. I do love reality and staying with it but it can get a tad bit frustrating LOL!

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 3:40 PM

Been playing the Marvel Heroes MMO and got inspired to do some Marvel renders.  Captain America and the Hulk coming next.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 3:41 PM

Quote - Been playing the Marvel Heroes MMO and got inspired to do some Marvel renders.  Captain America and the Hulk coming next.

Cool was wondering where you been...

BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 3:50 PM

Quote -   Cool was wondering where you been...

I've been reading the forums, but haven't had much to post.  When I do mess with 3D it's mostly been Cinema 4D, I had a few failed Daz renders that I gave up on and never finished.  Overall, I'm just not motivated or feeling creative lately  and spend most of my free time playing games.

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 3:52 PM · edited Mon, 06 May 2013 at 3:52 PM

Quote - > Quote -   Cool was wondering where you been...

I've been reading the forums, but haven't had much to post.  When I do mess with 3D it's mostly been Cinema 4D, I had a few failed Daz renders that I gave up on and never finished.  Overall, I'm just not motivated or feeling creative lately  and spend most of my free time playing games.

Thats cool as you prolly read I am having a monster 32G desktop built.  Thursday can't come soon enough LOL!

bobvan ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 9:56 PM
BradHP ( ) posted Mon, 06 May 2013 at 10:49 PM · edited Mon, 06 May 2013 at 10:50 PM

file_494235.jpg

Here's a quick test run of the Hulk.

How do I get rid of the seams between his shoulder and chest?  I had this issue way back and don't remember what I did to fix it besides using a different skin. 

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 8:08 PM

Attached Link: http://bobvan.deviantart.com/art/Island-14-370310779?q=gallery%3Abobvan&qo=0

file_494259.jpg

You know what my answer would be Brad

bobvan ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 10:47 PM
the_architect ( ) posted Tue, 07 May 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quote - Here's a quick test run of the Hulk.

How do I get rid of the seams between his shoulder and chest?  I had this issue way back and don't remember what I did to fix it besides using a different skin. 

The issue is, I believe, displacement maps and the way Lux handles them. Try removing them and run a test render.

I would suggest using normal maps instead.

superboomturbo ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 3:04 PM

So I decided to dust off the ol' rig today and play with an idea I've been simmering on for a few. I've hunted and read up the last few days on Lux animations, and I'm rather determined to bang out an animated promo for a new book series (the first of which is FREE through Friday =D http://www.amazon.com/MechaNation-Book-1-ebook/dp/B00B0J48Q2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368043196&sr=8-1&keywords=MechaNation)

Anyhow, after playing with SLG2 today and photon mapping, aside from some texture variations, the eyes of my character keep going whiteor at least look it. And no, before you guess, its not a specular setting, or a texture issue, or lighting... :-(

I don't know what the Eff is going on other than some phantom SLG issue. I'll get a picture up in a bit as soon as I remember my dA password. Been too long!! 

crimsonworx.com; free ebooks and previews

I've bowed down to facebook: https://www.facebook.com/crimsonworx

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 3:06 PM

Was wonderin where you been

superboomturbo ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 3:36 PM

Hi Bob! I literally had to dust the rig, no joke.

The baby has been sucking up all my free time for months. On the bad days, she is like a little black hole that you watch your life disappear into, then come out in yellow nuggets resembling fool's gold. 

The good days, when she's not trying to indirectly kill me, are a blast though. Could be the ease of making a small version of yourself laugh... 

Sharky, to quote from Enemy of the State, 'you're either very smart, or very stupid'. ;-) 

UHF ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 10:17 PM

Quote - The baby has been sucking up all my free time for months. On the bad days, she is like a little black hole that you watch your life disappear into, then come out in yellow nuggets resembling fool's gold.  The good days, when she's not trying to indirectly kill me, are a blast though. Could be the ease of making a small version of yourself laugh...

Have a baby she said.  Its easy she said.  :-) Mine's a biter...

bobvan ( ) posted Wed, 08 May 2013 at 10:19 PM

So's my cat....

superboomturbo ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 11:32 AM

Attached Link: Lux Animation test

Alright, here's the first test completed last night. Sill not sure what was/is going on with the eyes, though I'm chalking it up to an SLG issue, as several of the colors aren't true to the normal render version either. 350 passes per frame, 122 frames total, and right around 3 minutes to render each; a fairly tolerable 8 hours total with GPU power ;-) 

FyraNyanser ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 4:28 PM

Quote - Alright, here's the first test completed last night. Sill not sure what was/is going on with the eyes, though I'm chalking it up to an SLG issue, as several of the colors aren't true to the normal render version either. 350 passes per frame, 122 frames total, and right around 3 minutes to render each; a fairly tolerable 8 hours total with GPU power ;-) 

That is truly impressive. I hope you can solve the eye problem.

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 6:42 PM

Quote - > Quote - The baby has been sucking up all my free time for months. On the bad days, she is like a little black hole that you watch your life disappear into, then come out in yellow nuggets resembling fool's gold.  The good days, when she's not trying to indirectly kill me, are a blast though. Could be the ease of making a small version of yourself laugh...

Have a baby she said.  Its easy she said.  :-) Mine's a biter...

LMAO! (<- from someone with no rugrats)

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 6:44 PM

Quote - So's my cat....

I figured you for a dog person Bob.

My cat used to bite when she was a kitten, cured her of that real quick, LOL.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 6:47 PM

file_494304.jpg

> Quote - > Quote - So's my cat.... > >   > > I figured you for a dog person Bob. > > My cat used to bite when she was a kitten, cured her of that real quick, LOL.

Nah man I had this guy for 11 years my wife was the dog person... I like dogs too but owning an appt its just easier... On an unrealted matter I was suppose to get my 32G monster today but it will be tomorrow weekends gonna be sweeeeeet!!

UHF ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quote - So's my cat....

I used to have a hairless cat named... Fluffy.

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:22 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quote - > Quote - So's my cat....

Or Doc's cat Mr bigglesworth.. Hope all is well with him...

Correction my post above I HAVE this guy (as opposed to had he's still around..:)

UHF ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:28 PM

Quote - > Quote - Have a baby she said.  Its easy she said.  :-) Mine's a biter...

LMAO! (<- from someone with no rugrats)

You'll get your turn... Careful when you change diapers.  There's nothing quite like the poo racing stripe across carpet.  (Which is fortunate.  Because most parents are standing there when it happens...) And there's worse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2sv34rRwgg

UHF ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:29 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - So's my cat....

Or Doc's cat Mr bigglesworth.. Hope all is well with him...
Correction my post above I HAVE this guy (as opposed to had he's still around..:)

Fluffy looked exactly like that.  (He died from a brain tumor... I still miss him.)

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:31 PM

Mine's got seizures he's been on mads for 5 years...

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:34 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - So's my cat....

Nah man I had this guy for 11 years my wife was the dog person... I like dogs too but owning an appt its just easier... On an unrealted matter I was suppose to get my 32G monster today but it will be tomorrow weekends gonna be sweeeeeet!!

Nice, Siamese? I have a 12 yr old long hair Black Himalayan named Isabelle. Note to self, next time get a short hair cat!

My ex wife was the dog person also and the reason I got Isabelle. She wanted to get a kitten and puppy to grow up together.

Good luck with the new rig!

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:41 PM · edited Thu, 09 May 2013 at 9:44 PM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - > Quote - So's my cat....

Nice, Siamese? I have a 12 yr old long hair Black Himalayan named Isabelle. Note to self, next time get a short hair cat!

My ex wife was the dog person also and the reason I got Isabelle. She wanted to get a kitten and puppy to grow up together.

Good luck with the new rig!

Thanks im curious to see what times I will squeeze out of it the only issue I could see is needing to go back to win 7 if all things don't jive well. Being able to network render with my current notebook will be a good options for those intense scenes with alot of glossy surfaces. I reaaaally hope the extra memory will allow me to create scenes with moocho characters ( as in more than 6 or 7) like I used to be able to do...

BTW how is R3 going getting better?

RFreise ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:41 PM

Nice cat we lost both of ours in the aftermath of the fire thanks to some never to be named again or suffeciantly damned inlaws

Got all the parts in for my cousins and my machines so I get to start building here as soon as we get the apartment furnished

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:46 PM

Quote - Nice cat we lost both of ours in the aftermath of the fire thanks to some never to be named again or suffeciantly damned inlaws

Got all the parts in for my cousins and my machines so I get to start building here as soon as we get the apartment furnished

That's shitty Rob really is....

FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:50 PM

Quote - Nice cat we lost both of ours in the aftermath of the fire thanks to some never to be named again or suffeciantly damned inlaws

Bummer Robert! Sorry to hear.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:53 PM
bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:54 PM
FSMCDesigns ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quote -

Nope, I feel like I am going backwards with poser every time i open it. And to think I was an avid supporter of it over DS back in the day. And now they introduce a new, upcoming version, oh the horror, LOL.

Since R3 for DS will be the same UI as the poser version I really need to comes to grips on it, but haven't had the time for it lately. Have several commercial modeling projects for a game community I am invloved it keeping me pretty busy.

Regards, Michael

My DeviantArt page

bobvan ( ) posted Thu, 09 May 2013 at 10:59 PM

Quote - > Quote -

Nope, I feel like I am going backwards with poser every time i open it. And to think I was an avid supporter of it over DS back in the day. And now they introduce a new, upcoming version, oh the horror, LOL.

Since R3 for DS will be the same UI as the poser version I really need to comes to grips on it, but haven't had the time for it lately. Have several commercial modeling projects for a game community I am invloved it keeping me pretty busy.

You mean it wont be like using R2? I could of swore that Paolo said it would be not much different if one was use to R2. Part of the reason for the new rig was to be R3 ready now you have me a bit concerned cause I know how good you are with 2...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.