Tue, Oct 22, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: the forgotten accessory of V4

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 4:59 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:28 AM

To all those content creators of the poserverse. There is a wonderful accessory of V4 that gets very little attention, hardly any things are made for it, what is made really doesnt fulfill the needs of those that use this particular accessory.
I speak of m4. He has been left high and dry so to speak. V4 gets joint fixes, skin options out the wazoo, clothing from everything from dynamic Renaissance dresses to sci-fi assassin leathers.  All with details to make you weep in appreciation. M4 gets a handful of clothing options that have to be forced into what century you are trying to portray. OR he is left naked. to stand by v4(or hold her or drape suggestively upon a lounge...)
M4 has RIGHTS! he should have lovely cloths, both highly masculine and subtlety feminine(OH and jewelry he wasnt some adornments too!). His flesh should glow with the same luminance that V4 prances about in.  His joints should smoothly bend and move as his graceful lady can.
He is not just weeps Eye candy to be pranced about naked for the stares of V4.
Little more then a sex slave for V4s days of sexual dalliances!

M4 has become the forgotten accessory.   The attention goes to V4 and genesis, Poor M4 is left in the shadows...almost moved to drink over his lonely existence.

I ask, shall we let him wither in the shadows of the Lady Vicki? or shall we embrace him and bring him forth?

Yes I am aware of some merchants like Jepes and Xurge...but for the most part...there is Vicki getting a new wardrobe every day in spades....poor M4 left with a few offerings a month.
Please find it in your heart to open your arms to M4 for five dollars a month you can sponsor....er..sorry wrong message that was suppose to be for a tiger in india>.<

https://www.darkelegance.co.uk/

Commission Closed till 2025

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 5:21 AM

While we are at it, let's throw in:

Sydney G2

Simon G2

Alyson 2

Ryan 2

Jessie G2

Kate 2

Ben 2

Miki 4

and since we are on a roll,

Roxie and Rex

V4 gets waaaay too much attention in my very humble and ill informed opinion.

But I guess in an age where slut wear is king and she is the queen, what more can you expect?

Swords and temples each sold separately. Batteries not included.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 5:44 AM

Quote - While we are at it, let's throw in:

Sydney G2

Simon G2

Alyson 2

Ryan 2

Jessie G2

Kate 2

Ben 2

Miki 4

and since we are on a roll,

Roxie and Rex

V4 gets waaaay too much attention in my very humble and ill informed opinion.

But I guess in an age where slut wear is king and she is the queen, what more can you expect?

oooooo YES. we shall add them to the "forgotten accessories of V4"

Latexluv ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 6:06 AM

So, so forgotten, oh yea varily yea, poor M4 needs so much! I have grabbed whatever freebees I can find for the poor fellow because, alas, alack my budget is tight. Sigh, but I also have at least four male figures to outfit in order to help illustrate my friend's novel and I do not have enough clothes!!!! The male figures have always been lacking and I have always been asking since I started with Poser in 1998! So if there's a petition, I'm in!

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 6:27 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Yes, please, more for M4 and those that Rokket mentioned too. 

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 7:37 AM

it's like real life.  my wardrobe is 5x the size of my husband's.

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

NanetteTredoux ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:33 AM

What does M4 have to do besides dally with V4 and other M4s? He has a business suit or two and some casualwear. What should be in his wardrobe? Perhaps we just need to find the items, in a marketplace swamped with V4's skimpy outfits.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:34 AM

M4 clothing, please.  Regular stuff, not the "high concept artwork" clothing but the stuff a regular guy would wear in the regular world.  Please.

Morana ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:43 AM

As an MMO addict, I'm connected with a lot of other gamers who use Poser/Daz to bring their roleplay characters to life.  It's amazing how many times you will see M4 in either the Hardcore or Cyberpunk outfits, no matter the genre of the game and image.  The poor guy really, really needs some love.

I'd thought at one point to try and start modeling for him, but I can't wrap my head around the program.  Maybe if I could take a hiatus from my non-3D full-time job for a while... but hubby won't go for it.

lady-morana.deviantart.com

TylerZambori ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:50 AM

And what about poor Rikishi, who only has 2 sets of clothes?  And since I only bought the casual one and the business suit set is gone now, that's all he't got.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:51 AM · edited Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:52 AM

And while we're at it...Tyler. LOL. He's got a smoking body, if not a great looking face (not Gabe's fault...Ryan's face is a bitch to morph, especially around the eyes). I'm sorta in the process of remedying the face thing in among other stuff...wish me luck....

Anyways, I've always felt the poor males got neglected, no matter Mike, the Dork, James, etc, etc....the females (especially Queen Vicky) always get more attention ;).

Laurie

TylerZambori ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:55 AM · edited Sun, 26 May 2013 at 11:09 AM

Quote - M4 clothing, please.  Regular stuff, not the "high concept artwork" clothing but the stuff a regular guy would wear in the regular world.  Please.

Thre's plenty of regular clothing for M4, come on.

M4 busines suit, truck clothing set, cold life casual, m4 leather jacket, lumberjack shirt for M4, sickle skinny jeans, and there's even more over on poser world. Lots more.

PS: There's also the Dynamic t-shirt for M4 at Daz, and more I haven't thought of ....

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 11:03 AM · edited Mon, 27 May 2013 at 12:23 AM

mmmm.....yeah, right....... I think there is plenty of stuff in the way of M4 clothing and skins...have you done a search for them yet? I have tons of armor and clothes for the guy...and now that PP2014 is coming he'll use all the stuff made for M3...ton of that at DAZ for the $2 platinum club price.

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 11:03 AM

sorry about the bold face I clicked on something and couldnt go back afterward

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 12:42 PM

Quote - As an MMO addict, I'm connected with a lot of other gamers who use Poser/Daz to bring their roleplay characters to life.  It's amazing how many times you will see M4 in either the Hardcore or Cyberpunk outfits, no matter the genre of the game and image.  The poor guy really, really needs some love.

I'd thought at one point to try and start modeling for him, but I can't wrap my head around the program.  Maybe if I could take a hiatus from my non-3D full-time job for a while... but hubby won't go for it.

oh trying to do RP characters is brutal! I am hoping though with the fitting room that it will become somewhat easier. But to be honest I would prefer cloths/jewelry/accessories/etc made for him and the others. I like vicki(obviously) but I really do like M4 and would love to have him out more often.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 12:45 PM

Quote - #### mmmm.....yeah, right....... I think there is plenty of stuff in the way of M4 clothing and skins...have you done a search for them yet? I have tons of armor and clothes for the guy...and now that PP2014 is coming he'll use all the stuff made for M3...ton of that at DAZ for the $2 platinum club price.

yes I have looked but to be frank....compared to V(set any number) there isnt much and not much deversity. "casual wear for mike"...yes it exists...barely. casual cloths for vicki....TONS....the same with any style of cloths. Pappy does a good turn in the M4 cloths, jepes does the body jewels(not what I am looking for though) and xurge is great for M stuff. But it is seriously lacking as noted by the many posts.

I am looking forward to the fitting room as it will give more freedom. but stillllllll

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 1:37 PM

But you make a point of denying her glory-and refuse with great vehemence-her entry into your Runtime! Who, I ask, do you send into the Temple (in skimpy armor) to do battle-or pet-the Dragon? Only Vicky is a qualified Dragon Slayer/Tamer!

But then, I am one of the ENLIGHTENED majority who worships V4 (at least in her Weight Mapped) Glory! M4 comes out now and again- can't find appropriate clothing-and goes back into hiding. Miki4 has popped her head out a few times, along with Anastasia.

Antonia WM had some favor-but her low poly nature left her looking too soft-not up to Dragon interactions!

Besides- scaling works fairly well now-so all of the insults levied on her awesomness for her long arms and proportions should be a thing of the past!

Quote - V4 gets waaaay too much attention in my very humble and ill informed opinion.

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 4:53 PM

Quote -  But you make a point of denying her glory-and refuse with great vehemence-her entry into your Runtime! Who, I ask, do you send into the Temple (in skimpy armor) to do battle-or pet-the Dragon? Only Vicky is a qualified Dragon Slayer/Tamer!

But then, I am one of the ENLIGHTENED majority who worships V4 (at least in her Weight Mapped) Glory! M4 comes out now and again- can't find appropriate clothing-and goes back into hiding. Miki4 has popped her head out a few times, along with Anastasia.

Antonia WM had some favor-but her low poly nature left her looking too soft-not up to Dragon interactions!

Besides- scaling works fairly well now-so all of the insults levied on her awesomness for her long arms and proportions should be a thing of the past!

Quote - V4 gets waaaay too much attention in my very humble and ill informed opinion.

Ahh but that is the issue! M4 comes out to do the battle, cant find a THING to wear and has to go back in. Vicki whips out her nipples of DOOOOOM and Fight...EVERYTHING.

o.o

m4 has to go to therapy as he feel inferior and becomes a shut in and that is why we rarely see him.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 6:24 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Quote - Ahh but that is the issue! M4 comes out to do the battle, cant find a THING to wear and has to go back in. Vicki whips out her nipples of DOOOOOM and Fight...EVERYTHING.

o.o

m4 has to go to therapy as he feel inferior and becomes a shut in and that is why we rarely see him.

If Vicky can be naked why can't Mike? What Mike can whip out his sword for some slaying?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 6:46 PM

Oh, the double entendre's that come to mind!

I know there are a couple of loin clothes out there, but they tend to be rather stiff and not prone to moving when the rest of M4 moves.  Perhaps a more dynamic solution might be available?

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 6:47 PM

Quote - > Quote - Ahh but that is the issue! M4 comes out to do the battle, cant find a THING to wear and has to go back in. Vicki whips out her nipples of DOOOOOM and Fight...EVERYTHING.

o.o

If Vicky can be naked why can't Mike? What Mike can whip out his sword for some slaying?

the only thing that came to mind....

was....

He could put an eye out that way >.<

MKDAWUSS ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 7:22 PM

And I think with female figures alone, it's a snowball effect. We all use Vicky 4 so much because she has so much content, and because she has so much content, she gets used so often.

Basically, do the lesser used figures have much content? If they don't, is that the reason why we don't use them very often?

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 8:40 PM

I'm a big fan of XD (EvilInnocense) because it allows you to move clothing from one figure to the next with just a few clicks.  True, it has its own unique set of problems, but the thing works.  And, the base program is free for the download.  You purchase licenses for characters.  It's all explained on their website.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 9:37 PM

Quote - I'm a big fan of XD (EvilInnocense) because it allows you to move clothing from one figure to the next with just a few clicks.  True, it has its own unique set of problems, but the thing works.  And, the base program is free for the download.  You purchase licenses for characters.  It's all explained on their website.

I use it & Wardrobe Wizard all the time.  I really don't understand why more people dont.

cedarwolf ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:06 PM

For me the big sales point for XD was when a local gaming group wanted me to do a picture of them, but all in the same armor.  Of course, there were a great number of variations of species but basically hominid shaped, so I was able to use XD to modify the armor set.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 26 May 2013 at 10:30 PM

Quote - And I think with female figures alone, it's a snowball effect. We all use Vicky 4 so much because she has so much content, and because she has so much content, she gets used so often.

Basically, do the lesser used figures have much content? If they don't, is that the reason why we don't use them very often?

My two cents: I think it's a combination of, 1 - females are more popular than males and 2 - the quality of the figures available to make content for. 

V4 and M4 are the highest quality figures in terms of how they were constructed, the add-ons they launched with (or that were available soon after release) and the prior reputation their predecessors had (v3/m3, v2/m2, etc).

No one has spent the time and talent in constructing figures that match or exceed the level of quality that DAZ put into V4/M4.

Every other figure - at least that I'm aware of - has had issues that make it difficult, sometimes nearly impossible, for artists/vendors to build add-on content for. From poorly constructed UV maps, to rogue verts, to bad rigging, to no morph sets, to a-symmetry making it difficult or near impossible to construct morphs for, to - more recently - additional body parts intended to "help" with rigging causing rigging clothes to become even more of a nightmare. Or simply bad geometry/topology or the lack of topology sufficient enough for detailing muscles, etc. Every figure outside of daz has fallen victim to one or more of these issues. 

So really, I think that's what it all comes down to. If there were other more professionally crafted figures that were as versatile from the get-go as the daz figures have been, and that actually utilize the rigging features poser contains, then there would be much more variety in the marketplace.

~Shane

Kendra ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 12:24 AM

Quote - sorry about the bold face I clicked on something and couldnt go back afterward

I fixed it for you.  

...... Kendra

lmckenzie ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 4:57 AM

Well, there was the thread about like-minded people getting together and starting to commission some of the kind of clothing they want. I don't know if it would work, but it died as soon as 10/2014 was announced. As I said, same time next year - the situation will still exist - and the year after that … Note Lyrra has a male clothing request thread going.

"The smelly man thing with his dangly bits long ago decided that it was better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven. Let those who sow the wind reap the whirlwind. Sorry Mikey, this is why you can't have nice things. Lulz."

• Signed -

Her Royal Highness, Victoria, by the Grace of the Goddess, Supreme Uberwench, Imperatrix of the Sovereign Empire of Poserdom, Queen of Rendering, Duchess of the Third Dimension, Protector of the Sacred Flame and Wielder of the One True Sword of Power.

Delivered This Day at Her Command and Witnessed by the Vestal Virgins of the Temple.

I am pleased to remain Her Majesty's Most Humble Servant.

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 7:55 AM · edited Mon, 27 May 2013 at 7:59 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

People keep saying if you want more stuff for (insert male figure of the day here) just use  WW or XD. There is a small problem, none of the males have much. So unless the morphing starlet dress will suit your needs for clothing Mike, WW and XD won't help a whole lot.

And that doesn't help with textures. I know there are some gor Mike in the MP but when you weed out the celeb look a likes and the creatures there is a lot less. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with celebs or creatures but many times they just don't fit the scene.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 9:34 AM

SubD meshes "Roxie and Rex ,Genesis" are a lot easier to work with then the old meshes.

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:00 PM

HAHAHAH!!

Quote -

"The smelly man thing with his dangly bits long ago decided that it was better to rule in Hell than to serve in Heaven. Let those who sow the wind reap the whirlwind. Sorry Mikey, this is why you can't have nice things. Lulz."

• Signed -

Her Royal Highness, Victoria, by the Grace of the Goddess, Supreme Uberwench, Imperatrix of the Sovereign Empire of Poserdom, Queen of Rendering, Duchess of the Third Dimension, Protector of the Sacred Flame and Wielder of the One True Sword of Power.

Delivered This Day at Her Command and Witnessed by the Vestal Virgins of the Temple.

I am pleased to remain Her Majesty's Most Humble Servant.

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 27 May 2013 at 1:05 PM

file_494784.jpg

After Taming the Dragon in the Temple (in her skimpy impractical armor)- Her Majesty kicks back, enjoys the scenery, and has a nice glass of milk.

lmckenzie ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 3:12 AM

Veni, Vidi, Vickie

She came, she saw, she kicked butt. * *

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

Zaarin ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 8:53 PM

And if you think clothing M4 is difficult, try clothing K4 for anything but a trip to the park. Sci-fi clothing for the kids is virtually non-existant, and fantasy/historical clothing nearly as bad. :(

Eric Walters ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2013 at 11:48 PM

Haaa! Good one!! Vici!

Quote - Veni, Vidi, Vickie

She came, she saw, she kicked butt. * *

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 3:58 AM

"And if you think clothing M4 is difficult, try clothing K4 …"

A perennial problem for any of the children. Unfortunately, they get used even less than Mike and have a correspondingly small lobbying arm. I guess most kid's clothing these days is just small adult clothing and some of the adults are wearing what passes for kid's stuff, rompers, sleepers etc. - and we all end up in diapers anyway I suppose. Thank goodness no one has done any Bratz style lingeree yet AFAIK.  

Zaarin ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2013 at 11:39 AM

Quote - "And if you think clothing M4 is difficult, try clothing K4 …"

A perennial problem for any of the children. Unfortunately, they get used even less than Mike and have a correspondingly small lobbying arm. I guess most kid's clothing these days is just small adult clothing and some of the adults are wearing what passes for kid's stuff, rompers, sleepers etc. - and we all end up in diapers anyway I suppose. Thank goodness no one has done any Bratz style lingeree yet AFAIK.  

Like I said, there's plenty of modern stuff for K4--especially girl K4--but good luck for finding anything else. :/  

AetherDream ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2013 at 5:50 AM · edited Thu, 30 May 2013 at 5:53 AM

Quote - People keep saying if you want more stuff for (insert male figure of the day here) just use  WW or XD. There is a small problem, none of the males have much. So unless the morphing starlet dress will suit your needs for clothing Mike, WW and XD won't help a whole lot.

And that doesn't help with textures. I know there are some gor Mike in the MP but when you weed out the celeb look a likes and the creatures there is a lot less. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with celebs or creatures but many times they just don't fit the scene.

I agree. Everytime I begin a scene where I am adding M4, I scramble to find something a litte different than I used the time before. I love doing fantasy renders so for me a great resource has been xurge 3D. Oh and, his stuff is 50 percent off right now until June 1.

"People who attempt define what art is or is not, are not artists"---Luminescence

Winterclaw ( ) posted Thu, 30 May 2013 at 9:54 AM

I thought M4 was only there for the poser porn sites to use... so he doesn't really need any clothes.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Greebo ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2013 at 10:27 AM

Also, with a few notable exceptions, the quality of what -is- available for M4 is pretty poor in comparison with V4's.

Zaarin ( ) posted Sat, 01 June 2013 at 11:49 AM

Quote - Also, with a few notable exceptions, the quality of what -is- available for M4 is pretty poor in comparison with V4's.

I don't really agree. Sure, there's plenty of crap for M4--but just by sheer quantity the crap made for V4 far outweighs it. ;)  

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 12:26 AM

file_494899.jpg

What do you mean!? Plenty of Clothes for M4-or T2 in this case....:-)

DarkElegance ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quote -  What do you mean!? Plenty of Clothes for M4-or T2 in this case....:-)

spat my tea on my keys! LOL

Eric Walters ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 11:29 PM

I originally had a scene like the start of Terminator-where he arrives naked and goes into a Biker Bar- "Your clothes give zem to me."  Of course it is all V4 in the bar- and he ends up in the dress.

Quote - > Quote -  What do you mean!? Plenty of Clothes for M4-or T2 in this case....:-)

spat my tea on my keys! LOL

PrecisionXXX ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2013 at 11:47 PM

Eric, it's almost a shame for me to say this, but your last posted V4 leaves me with one thought.  "PLEASE GO FEED THAT THING!"

Doric.

The "I" in Doric is Silent.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.