Mon, Sep 16, 10:13 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 8:35 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

Nekokami ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:18 PM

Quote - Is there anyone here or anyone that you know of that's capable of converting a Poser prop dynamic cloth item to one that will work in DS? I'd really like to team up with one if there is ;). Laurie

To be used in DS, there are two choices: rig the item to be conforming, or build it in the proprietary Optitex software ($10,000 per license last I checked). :(

What we need is for someone to finish this kind of plugin:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/39578/view/Plug-in/Physics-Playground-Plugin-for-DAZ-Studio

Our best bet might be to find a developer willing to tackle the job and raise money in advance via Kickstarter:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewthread/13062/

Here's my post from that thread:

Quote - The proposed plugin would implement an open-source soft-body dynamics engine, e.g. Bullet, in DS. The user interface would allow the user to specify a single object in the scene to drape, and one or more collision objects. The drape object would be extracted from the scene, along with copies of the collision objects, the drape would be simulated, and then the drape object in the scene would be replaced with the new draped object. Any realtime view of the drape could occur in a separate window, if this would ease the implementation. This would allow conforming clothing to be loaded, fit to a figure, including morphs, scaling, etc., and then draped from that position. Ideally there would also be a command to revert to the conforming version if the user wishes to adjust the pose and re-drape. Because the clothing would be conformed and posed before the drape, this would maintain the ease of use advantages of the OptiTex solution, but because the clothes would also be morphed to fit the figure, including scaling, limitations of the existing OptiTex solution would be avoided. This method would allow any object in the scene to be draped, opening up the creation of dynamic items to many creators.

I understand that the effort required would not be minor. This is why I am proposing a Kickstarter campaign. Using Kickstarter, funds would be raised in advance to cover the initial development work, reducing the risk to the developer. Participants in the Kickstarter would receive discounts or waivers on the cost of the final product, depending on the level of funding per contributor. One of the most essential elements of a successful Kickstarter campaign is an existing community with an interest in the project who can be made aware of the funding drive—we have that here.

Kickstarter requires that software projects have an identified developer in order to be listed. Again, I know this project is beyond my present coding capabilities. Is there anyone else here with experience writing plugins for DS who might be interested in working on such a project?

Note that with the new plugin interface for Poser, this could be a multi-platform solution, as it would offer capabilities not available in the existing Cloth Room.

I think there's a lot of interest, but no developer willing to commit yet.

dlfurman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:20 PM

Quote - ROFLMAO

while why not just Orlando in that case

That's the name of the Goat!

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:21 PM

file_495524.png

So here is a Poser render with no SSS and AO, with the highest auto settings and smooth polygons on.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:26 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:26 PM

The only people that can release renders at the moment are those working on her.

Once they have her ready, then Dawn will go out ot the beta testers.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

LadyRaine ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:26 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:30 PM

most the clothes I make are poser dynamic simply because I prefer the more natural look they give it would be great to be able to do ones for dawn that could be used in ds LOL also that would solve my ds learning problem ;)

edit to add this was in answer to Nekokami's post

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:27 PM

Quote - So here is a Poser render with no SSS and AO, with the highest auto settings and smooth polygons on.

And how does it look with sss and IDL?

"Dream like you'll live forever. Live like you'll die tomorrow."

Join PoserLounge Chat

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:38 PM

Body?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

EvilInnocence ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:46 PM

Thanks for letting us know about this, Richard.

We'll definitely do CrossDresser support for Dawn when she's ready.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:48 PM

Thanks for droping by Evilinocence, thought you would like to know that people were already asking for Crossdresser support.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 4:55 PM

She's beautiful.  Just gorgeous.

But yeah, that Poser render with SSS doesn't look right.  I don't think they picked the right lighting for the shaders they used.

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:10 PM

file_495525.png

OK one more with SSS Mats and IDL with smoothing. :D

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:13 PM

Quote - OK one more with SSS Mats and IDL with smoothing. :D

Ok! Now we're talking! Starting to look better. :P

Join PoserLounge Chat

WildDesigns ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:15 PM

I think she looks beautiful! And, I'd love to see a render of the body, too. Also, was the size question answered? Is she bigger, same, or smaller than V4?

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:36 PM

Oh, she definitely looks better with the IDL lighting.

Though her hair has that transmap problem that often goes with IDL. 

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:37 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:38 PM

Quote - I think she looks beautiful! And, I'd love to see a render of the body, too. Also, was the size question answered? Is she bigger, same, or smaller than V4?

Interesting you should ask that, just now I was wondering the same thing.

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

evilded777 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:52 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:00 PM

Ok, there's a lot of pages to go through here and I just don't have the time.

Do we know who the "we" behind this project and website are?

Ok, found it.  Interesting.  Some history there I was unaware of.

Please tell me there's a guy in the works, too many women for my taste :)

ghostman ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:54 PM

Quote - Ok, there's a lot of pages to go through here and I just don't have the time.

Yes we do!

Join PoserLounge Chat

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:55 PM

Quote - Ok, there's a lot of pages to go through here and I just don't have the time.  Do we know who the "we" behind this project and website are?

Yes, we do.  It's on Page 2 of this thread.  Post by HiveWire3D (Steve Kondris).

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 5:56 PM

The Poser render looks kinda off. But she cetainly have a pretty face. This MAY be a real winner! excited

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

DanaTA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:32 PM

Quote - Told  ya it didn't mean much that I didn't recognize it. LOL. I don't tend to do window shopping when there's no money for shopping :P.

Thanks swordsman. I guess that one's going on the wishlist. I like it ;).

Laurie

I thought it was said that there was a hair included in the package and thought that it was that hair that was used.  Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Dana

CatlinaDances ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:37 PM

Quote - "

Okay, now if there was a possible male, what would the name be?

Dawn was easy enough, as in start of a new Dawn.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

"

With every new "Dawn" comes a new Dae?

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:37 PM

Quote - Ok, there's a lot of pages to go through here and I just don't have the time.

Steve Kondris, Chris Creek and Eric Merrick.

-AniMajik

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

meatSim ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:37 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:41 PM

Thats a nice looking texture!

I wouldn't worry about the render too much.  I cant think of anything that looks wrong about that render that is integral to the figure rather than to do with lighting, scene set up or shaders.  None of which I would be likely to use out of the box set up for anyway.

DanaTA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:38 PM

Quote - Aw nuts! Well, that blows that idea I guess ;).

Thanks folks ;).

Laurie

Martin is a pretty easy going guy, he might be interested in helping create for the new figure.  He has teamed up with several artists to help make their visions into optitex dynamics for DS.  It would be a collaboration.

Dana

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:46 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:49 PM

Quote - Quote - " Okay, now if there was a possible male, what would the name be?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Has any thought of "Don" for the male?  "Don" and "Dawn"

Short, one syllable names.

-AniMajik

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:49 PM

evilded777asked: > Quote - Please tell me there's a guy in the works, too many women for my taste :)

Down the road, it's being talked about as are, eventually, kids and a baby

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

BionicRooster ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:50 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote - Has any though of "Don" for the male?  "Don" and "Dawn"

-AniMajik

I suggested that about 20 or so pages ago.

Poser 10

Octane Render

Wings 3D

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:53 PM

Quote - > Quote - Has any though of "Don" for the male?  "Don" and "Dawn"

-AniMajik

Sorry, must have missed that post. 

-AniMajik

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:53 PM

I suggested Dusk on page 5 - Still like that best :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:55 PM

We already have a "Don," though.  Judy's beau.

And yes, Meatsim's right.  Nothing wrong with the Poser render that a few fixes to lights and/or shaders can't fix.  People who use the newer versions of Poser are used to making those. 

Looking at it again, I think it's gamma correction that has to be fixed on the hair.  I bet the transmap has the wrong GC.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 6:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Has any though of "Don" for the male?  "Don" and "Dawn"

-AniMajik

The male character furnished with Poser 5 was named Don. Still furnished with later versions also. I doubt the name would be reused.

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:10 PM

Chris Creek said he liked "Dusk" and has been using that to refer to the male figure.  Doesn't mean that will be the actual name, though. 

OrphanedSoul ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:19 PM

how about Dustin or Dusty

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:28 PM

Quote - Quote - " Okay, now if there was a possible male, what would the name be?

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

"

LOL I was thinking the same thing.

Sunfire's Creations

andolaurina ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:37 PM

Quote - OK one more with SSS Mats and IDL with smoothing. :D

So pretty! Very excited about her coming.

Does something look a little odd in the nostril area?

Anyway, great work!

My RMP Store Freebies

Poser Ambassador; Poser 11 & 12 / DS4 / Metasequoia / Silo / Zbrush / realityPaint / UVMapperPro / XD 4 / Ps CC / Fw / Ai / Painter 12 / Clip Studio Paint / Comipo / Reality 3 / Windows 10 / Units = Poser Native

Bejaymac ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 7:44 PM

Quote - Well, I am still concerned about the PMD thing. There is apparently no final version of inject PMD for DS4+. I 'think' that this will prevent DS4 users from getting some items from Poser only freebie makers. (I know, I am not usually concerned about DS users, but ....)
Yes, I know how to create a PMD morph, the issue is additional support for DS users.

Bill

This is what has been bothering me the most, but I've been trying hard not to sound like the bad news bear. As far as I'm concerned content making for Dawn is a one way operation, DAZ Studio to Poser, WM content can be exported with the CR2 exporter, with a bit of manual effort we can create an injectable PMD, we can create PP2 (got a script for that but I need to check it still works in 4.6), and we can even create some PZ2. The Problem is that there is no way of getting Poser WM into DS, the PZ3 importer plugin (how we get Poser content into DS) pretty much stops at Poser6 coding, so all we get is the mesh, half a rig and a pile of morphs that need to be rebuilt (an issue with how DS4 treats morphs in Poser figures/conformers).

So when you add that Poser format morph injections are useless for a Tri-Ax figure you then see why I have concerns, to get around this there is going to have to be some serious colaborations going on between Poser & DS content makers, as well as there being a seriously good set of projection templates for use in DS.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:35 PM

Quote - Well, I am still concerned about the PMD thing.  There is apparently no final version of inject PMD for DS4+.  I 'think' that this will prevent DS4 users from getting some items from Poser only freebie makers.  (I know, I am not usually concerned about DS users, but ....)

Yes, I know how to create a PMD morph, the issue is additional support for DS users.

Bill

Let me go find it, there's a way to load PMD files in Daz 4+, it worked in 4.5 too. Believe me, that's how I use Melody and Micah morphs and i would never give them up! ;)

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:46 PM

Quote - As far as I'm concerned content making for Dawn is a one way operation, DAZ Studio to Poser, WM content can be exported with the CR2 exporter, with a bit of manual effort we can create an injectable PMD, we can create PP2 (got a script for that but I need to check it still works in 4.6), and we can even create some PZ2. The Problem is that there is no way of getting Poser WM into DS, the PZ3 importer plugin (how we get Poser content into DS) pretty much stops at Poser6 coding, so all we get is the mesh, half a rig and a pile of morphs that need to be rebuilt (an issue with how DS4 treats morphs in Poser figures/conformers).

So when you add that Poser format morph injections are useless for a Tri-Ax figure you then see why I have concerns, to get around this there is going to have to be some serious colaborations going on between Poser & DS content makers, as well as there being a seriously good set of projection templates for use in DS.

I must be missing something somewhere .... (been a long time since I've used DS ... pre-Genesis days, pardon the basic question).  But wouldn't the projection templates for each app (Poser/DS) come from Dawn herself, seeing as she has already been rigged and weight mapped for each app?

This is sort of a new situation here. This is the first figure that has been weight mapped SPECIFICALLY and NATIVELY for each application, so that has to be factored in too.  There was a post somewhere that talked about going from DAZ Studio to Poser, or going from Poser to DAZ Studio .. and now I can't find it!

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:47 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 8:48 PM
  1. Stop painting black in the nostrils

2. Remove the burned in specular in the eyes and on the lips.

3. Use EZSkin and it will look better and you don't have to do any work.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:07 PM

Hi

email did not work!

<"@hivewire3d.com>:
Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) [RCPT_TO]

I'd love to beta test-I was part of the V4-WM and clothing fitting utility team. And I'd love to help with the new Dawn!

Thanks

Eric

DanaTA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:20 PM

Quote - Hi

email did not work!

<"@hivewire3d.com>:
Remote host said: 553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1) [RCPT_TO]

I'd love to beta test-I was part of the V4-WM and clothing fitting utility team. And I'd love to help with the new Dawn!

Thanks

Eric

I've had that problem and finally found out what was going on from my friend.  It turns out, I was using Outlook to send emails from my email account on my own domain, but it's going through Comcast's server.  To the other end, it looks like a spoofed email origin, so they block it and/or send it back.  I know that my domain is not blocked, because I sent the same email, with the same subject line, from my domain directly using my webmail app, and it wasn't blocked or returned.

Dana

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:21 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:21 PM

When Steve posted the email addy, he put spaces in it. Did you take those out before you sent it? I did, and mine reached it's destination.

Laurie

HiveWire3D ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:23 PM

We will be posting images of Dawn's mesh next, so be patient, but they will arrive as well before too long.

Someone asked about the mesh being dense enough around the breasts and hips for more realistic morphs... the answer is Yes. She is very well designed for morphs. We will have a morph add on pack upon release, and have plans for many more morph packs as well.

I'll let Chris answer as to the size of Dawn compared to V4, he would know best.

Aside: animajik and evilinnocence, please email me when you get a moment. thanks

Bea ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:25 PM

Quote - > Quote - Well, I am still concerned about the PMD thing.  There is apparently no final version of inject PMD for DS4+.  I 'think' that this will prevent DS4 users from getting some items from Poser only freebie makers.  (I know, I am not usually concerned about DS users, but ....)

Bill

Let me go find it, there's a way to load PMD files in Daz 4+, it worked in 4.5 too. Believe me, that's how I use Melody and Micah morphs and i would never give them up! ;)

I would be interested in seeing how to inject pmds in DS 4.5 or 4.6.

To the best of my knowledge the free script did not work in either.

Sunfire ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:31 PM

Quote - We will be posting images of Dawn's mesh next, so be patient, but they will arrive as well before too long.

Someone asked about the mesh being dense enough around the breasts and hips for more realistic morphs... the answer is Yes. She is very well designed for morphs. We will have a morph add on pack upon release, and have plans for many more morph packs as well.

I'll let Chris answer as to the size of Dawn compared to V4, he would know best.

Aside: animajik and evilinnocence, please email me when you get a moment. thanks

I am hoping that the introductory price for that morph pack is something quite affordable. Like, down around the 10 dollar range. And nowhere near what a certain other store seems to think "low priced" and "affordable" is.

Sunfire's Creations

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:47 PM

It's time I started supporting my Poser habit with commercial products again ;).

As for "affordable" I remember spending about 200 smackers for Vicky 1 and all of her morphs packs after all was said and done and considered it a bargain ;).

Times have changed tho and times are bad, I know. Everywhere.

Laurie

Eric Walters ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 9:51 PM

Thanks DanaTA and LaurieA

LaurieA had the correct answer!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:14 PM

Quote - Thanks DanaTA and LaurieA

LaurieA had the correct answer!

WOOT! :).

Laurie

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:26 PM

Quote - As for "affordable" I remember spending about 200 smackers for Vicky 1 and all of her morphs packs after all was said and done and considered it a bargain ;).

And the bikini!

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 24 June 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quote - > Quote - As for "affordable" I remember spending about 200 smackers for Vicky 1 and all of her morphs packs after all was said and done and considered it a bargain ;).

And the bikini!

Yup. LOL

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.