Mon, Sep 9, 3:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 08 8:14 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the Dawn of a new day...

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 2:41 AM

Quote - Velvet in DS - this is just my humble effort, but maybe somebody likes it as a starting point.

VelvetDS

VelvetDSShaderMixer

Nice...I always wonder where the best place to plug in the velvet brick was. I'll put a link for this in the tutorial listing.

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:06 AM

"I'll set up a shader thread over there where we can discuss converting between DS and Poser."

pendraia, I respect you for your serious workmanship. You you don't feel personally attacked only because I advocate Photoshop!

A shader thread at Hivewire sounds nice. Let us discuss together! I can always benefit by some shader knowledge which I have deliberately neglected before. I use a metal shader and know how to correct Poser displacement that's about the extent of my knowledge. Of course, once you are into shaders you need also to understand the shaders in Daz, the shaders in C4D, the shaders in ZBrush and so on and so forth. Life is short and art is long!

It was no readymade effect though. I added a 128,128,128 gray scale on top of your render and set the blend mode to overlay. Then I handpainted with a 10% white brush.

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:23 AM

3 velvet shaders I use in Daz Studio, from left to right:

1. Calida3D's velvet shaders, she has them in HSS and SSS versions, and a smooth as well as a crushed velvet. 

2. Fisty's Sparkle and velvet shaders

3. Velvet preset from Fabricator, displacement turned down.

I use Fisty's sparkles and velvets a LOT as well as Calida's very versatile velvets. 

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:23 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:24 AM

file_496300.jpg

3 velvet shaders I use in Daz Studio, from left to right:
  1. Calida3D's velvet shaders, she has them in HSS and SSS versions, and a smooth as well as a crushed velvet. 

I use Fisty's sparkles and velvets a LOT as well as Calida's very versatile velvets. 

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:28 AM

Quote - "I'll set up a shader thread over there where we can discuss converting between DS and Poser."

pendraia, I respect you for your serious workmanship. You you don't feel personally attacked only because I advocate Photoshop!

A shader thread at Hivewire sounds nice. Let us discuss together! I can always benefit by some shader knowledge which I have deliberately neglected before. I use a metal shader and know how to correct Poser displacement that's about the extent of my knowledge. Of course, once you are into shaders you need also to understand the shaders in Daz, the shaders in C4D, the shaders in ZBrush and so on and so forth. Life is short and art is long!

It was no readymade effect though. I added a 128,128,128 gray scale on top of your render and set the blend mode to overlay. Then I handpainted with a 10% white brush.

I'm always interested in new techniques and strategies. I can spend hours in photoshop playing around with filters and layer blends.; )

I agree life is too short and too much that I would like to explore. Never enough time.

I look forward to discussing this more with you at Hivewire

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:30 AM

Quote - 3 velvet shaders I use in Daz Studio, from left to right:

All very beautiful shaders...

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 3:46 AM

file_496301.jpg

Dawn working in Studio with my project. Shows that the Poser Granite node works in both systems.

That was the only node I used for the materials.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:01 AM

How it seems to be with me:-

Poser and Studio users will have nodesmaterialsshaders that will work in both systems. Great.

Poser and Studio users will have nodesmaterialsshaders that will work just in their systems. Hmmmm. frustrating, but until someone makes a conversion, there is nothing we can do.

Poser and Studio users will have texture files that will work in both systems.

The big difference with materialsshaders and texture files are the sizes.

One of the largest sized material files I have used on my project is 137k, not meg, k.

If I use a texture file then the size of the file starts at X amount of meg.

Now, I don't know about anyone else, but I would like things that take up less space, so I can have more textures to play with.

At the moment the project is over 300+ usuable content thumbnails, over 31 folders,  and comes in at 13.1 meg. Just imagine if I had done all those files as texture files. I'd hate to think what the size would be.

And the final thing is......

Remember that not everyone has a fast internet access, some are still on dial up or on restricted amount of download. So, try and keep things to a reasonable size.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Who honors those we love for the very life we live?, Who sends monsters to kill us?, and at the same time sings that we will never die., Who teaches us whats real?, and how to laugh at lies?, Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?, Who chains us?, and Who holds the key that can set us free... It's You!, You have all the weapons you need., Now Fight!

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:06 AM

Quote - Dawn working in Studio with my project. Shows that the Poser Granite node works in both systems.

That was the only node I used for the materials.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Hi Richard, would it be possible to post a close up render of the material you are using in both programs? It would be great to be able to compare and see if there is much difference.

thanks

Pen

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:21 AM

file_496302.jpg

Hopefully I have got them right, okay, I haven't touched DS in a loooooong time.

The materials I have used are very basic, I kept them that way in the hope that they would work in both systems.

The grantite node gave me the option to add just a little bit to the colout to give it a non flat look.

First off in this one, the Poser version.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:21 AM

file_496304.jpg

DS version.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:22 AM

I have better lights for the Poser version, that's all.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:24 AM

file_496303.jpg

"(with) texture file then the size of the file starts at X amount of meg"

True but here is the result with a 617K texture. No postwork. Default render 2-3 sec.

Kludge ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:28 AM

Quote - Names meaning Morning or Day Abeeku, Addae, Awendale, Dayshaun, Duha, IIAn, Kodjo, Kofi, Kojo, Kwabena, Kwame, Kwasi, Nodin, Noel, Noelle, Povitamum, Taariq, Wabanang, Xiao Chen

I like Noelle.  I like it because it's my daughter's name. :-)

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:30 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:30 AM

Artificial shaders lock you in.
Artificial shaders look artificial.

Kludge ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:35 AM

Quote - So many known and loved and some of the very much missed names! I love it!

hops up and down and squeeeeeees

You and LaurieA ... and our fine Finnish friend if she shows up. :-)

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 4:38 AM

Quote - I have better lights for the Poser version, that's all.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

thanks Richard..it's hard to see any real difference. 

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 5:10 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 5:11 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

So I was adapting some poses and some prop clothing for Dawn. I found burried in my Poser 4 runtime, Xurge's Bodyjewels, which I think were originally made for V1 or maybe V2. Took a lot of tweeking but I got some of them to cover. Yeah, if these were real, they'd be held on with Spirit Gum and Imagination! Nudity flagged for just in case I haven't gotten the props positioned just right.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 5:12 AM

Picture won't attach. Weird.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 5:54 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_496306.jpg

Let's try this again.

Weapons of choice:

Kludge ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:03 AM

Quote - To that end, we will not be releasing any genital products as part of what is sold for Dawn at HiveWire3D.com. This includes skin maps with genital details, morphs, or any items like that and will extend to what type of imagery will be allowed within our monthly and Hall of Fame galleries. We will leave that to other marketplaces to make available.

I'm pretty sure I know who will create them as well as one or two other mods/morphs.

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:11 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:13 AM

Latexluv,

An awesome render, as far above anything else that has been shown that it is unimaginable. There are still a little red in the legs- so that the envious have something to talk about. That was very considerate of you!

Haruchai ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:41 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:41 AM

Over on Deviantart ken1711 has posted a pic of a Bunnygirl suit that he is making/made for Dawn. 

Don't want to link as it will be sold at another store but if you search you should find it. 

The pic is titled 'Dawn in Bunny Suit'. 

My hopes of mass support grows :)

Poser Pro 11, DAZ Studio 4.9

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:44 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:46 AM

Quote - Over on Deviantart ken1711 has posted a pic of a Bunnygirl suit that he is making/made for Dawn. 

Don't want to link as it will be sold at another store but if you search you should find it. 

The pic is titled 'Dawn in Bunny Suit'. 

My hopes of mass support grows :)

Just had a look at it and yeah it looks very nice indeed. :)

Quote - Let's try this again.

Looking good Latexluv. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

Latexluv ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 6:57 AM

Well, I've been chided by my roommate for not using the Peacock Blue metal texture I made and once sold for Xurge's Body Jewels. So I've got to go rooting around inside of Poser 4 and try to find those textures and see if I can get them to render well in the newest version of Poser. Back then I was rendering in Poser 5, but everything was installed in Poser 4 and I was still using Poser 4 for what I called compositing, and then rendering in P5.

Weapons of choice:

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 7:00 AM

file_496309.jpg

There will always be materials that may not copy across on both systems.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 7:02 AM

file_496310.jpg

And this one, so I may have to do some aditional testing.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 8:50 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - To measure is to know.

Just counted the uploads in the Gallery here.

Starting last monday:

Poser gallery uploads         : 282
DS/Studio  gallery uploads : 131

That's not a true indicator. I've never posted in my gallery here but I do buy here and also at other stores. I'm a ds user. To be honest over the last few years I've tended to hang out at DAZ. Primarily because it's been safer. Not everyone posts to galleries...

I just didn't post it but I was thinking it - go to Daz and those results will be reversed if not even less Poser gallery submissions. LOL. It just depends on where you go ;).

Laurie

Is the Daz3D galleries back open for member submissions?I've been waiting forever to restart uploading there too.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator
May the hands of fate be kind to you and yours. :)
guardian_angel_671@renderosity.com

WandW ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:01 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:02 AM

Not that I know of.  I just read this morning in the PC Forum that DAZ is going to be moving to a different Forum platform later this year...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:14 AM

file_496312.jpg

Just playing.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

ghosty12 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:20 AM

Looking good LROG. :)

You know you enjoy 3D Art when you realize that your life is a piece of 3D Art. :)

Core I7 8700K, 32GB, RTX 3060 12G, Windows 10 64bit, Poser 9 / Pro 2012 / Pro 2014, Daz Studio 4.20 Pro

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:23 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:26 AM

It's just a V4 MR kit, shows how close things can be, just needs a bit of a tweak in the scale directions.

So, to those of you with lots of resource kits, you will just need to do some adaption.

All the best.

Graet Uncle LROG

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 9:43 AM

cut/paste from LROG's post...

I LIKE this!!!  :-)  Exotic.  Nice eye makeup.

And the lips look great, too.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 10:02 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Here is a little something I am working on for Dawn going to give her some bite.. lol  I still got a ways to go as this is only part of what I have planned. :)

ohhhh I love those -thankies thankies thankies -us vampie peeps will appreciate those

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

Guardian_Angel_671 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 10:17 AM
Forum Coordinator

Quote - Not that I know of.  I just read this morning in the PC Forum that DAZ is going to be moving to a different Forum platform later this year...

ok thanks -will be watching then:)I miss posting there too.

Guardian_Angel_671
Daz Studio Coordinator

shante ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 10:33 AM

Quote - Oh noooo, I killed the thread.... kitteh blushes
Here's some hair I'm making for Dawn, would that help?  I donlt remember if I showed it here before or not.

Any new Dawn renders, peeps?
I'm modeling and UV mapping today... so nothing really exciting to see here.

I love this messy looking hair. Please don't make this a Cr2 hair product? I hate those. I love artists that offer both for sods like me needing to fit hair on many different characters. Conforming hair just won't play nice like that when trying to make it work on non conforming parents. Even if you parent it to the head for instance, long flowing Cr2 hair morphs die or become a nightmare to work with whereas nicely made and completely morpheable Hr2 hair works better.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 10:49 AM

I parent conforming hair to figures it wasn't made for all the time. I never have a problem with it. Morphs still work fine.

Laurie

CG_Cubed ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 11:39 AM

Hi folks,

Thought I would share some updates since we have been ramping up the work on Dawn.

The baked reflections have been removed from the eye textures and the specular settings adjusted accordingly for both Poser and DAZ Studio.

Dawn does have a hip material zone in addition to others.

HiveWire 3D's products created in house will support both Poser and DS. Tutorials will be provided to convert from one program to the other. For the people that want to do this conversion, having at least Poser9 and DAZ Studio 4.5 is a requirement, if only for testing. We encourage content creators to make products work in both programs but understand it is a choice based on investment vs return. All options are being explored, including ones suggested in this thread, to help ease in the conversion process.

Lastly, we do read this forum. We are taking all of the critisim seriously, both good and bad,  and we understand frustrations, questions, choices, excitement, etc... We will use all of this information to improve our products, now and in the future.

Thank you for all of the feedback!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 11:57 AM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 11:58 AM

Poser users getting Studio is no problem, but the other way around costs quite a bit.

It may be in the interests of Studio users to pair up with Poser users to test things.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DisparateDreamer ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:25 PM

Yep, its more difficult for Daz Studio users to get Poser...for sure. 

Quote - Artificial shaders lock you in.
Artificial shaders look artificial.

That makes really.... no sense to me at all.  

3D is artificial.  Everything we do is artificial. We can make things look as real as possible, we can calculate the math to get as realistic results as possible... but no matter what, all of it is only an artificial approximation of life.  A very fun, very versatile, very addictive approximation, but there it is! ;)

A shader is a shader is a shader.  All equally "artificial" but that's the way our art works.   And it gives us all the space we need for all the range of artistic abilities and styles-fantasy, comedy, toon, impressionistic, and so on- without being limited to only one definition. :)

Sorry for being less chatty...been having a lot of bad weather and just got power back after the typhoon.  Whew, hot tropical weather and no air conditioner..... 

Fringewood ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:30 PM

Quote - Poser users getting Studio is no problem, but the other way around costs quite a bit.

Great Uncle LROG

Just a reminder, not a jab......

Not everyone who uses Poser can run DS 4.x on their processors, and some refuse to install Daz software because of personal or technical issues.  Just because it's free doesn't mean it won't be a problem for everyone to automatically use it.

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:39 PM

Agree, so, if they can, join up with a Studio user.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:52 PM

A good point, and at that time it was quite expensive.

What I was really speaking about was Poser users getting it now. Lol.

The problem at the moment is that the HiveWire3D site isn't up yet, once it does then people can start asking for people to help them wit htheir projects.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:54 PM

Eeeeek!!! Where did the post go that I replied to!!! LOL.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

DanaTA ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 12:56 PM

Quote - Not that I know of.  I just read this morning in the PC Forum that DAZ is going to be moving to a different Forum platform later this year...

Again?

Dana

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:05 PM

file_496320.png

Rigged my first project today- not the slightest adjustment had to be made, neither in Daz nor Poser.  Including the area between the legs that always has been a problem..

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:08 PM

Oh the dreaded under hip split!!! Lol.

Nice work, and something that could have some nice add on textures!!!

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

vintorix ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:13 PM

I tried my best, but couldn't come up with better texture!

paganeagle2001 ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:17 PM

No probs, I would sooner see products in an untextured state as well as a textured state.

The other thing I've tried to get makers to so is to have a render of material zones in different colours. That way users can see what type of extra texturing they can do.

All the best.

Great Uncle LROG

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:27 PM · edited Sat, 13 July 2013 at 1:28 PM

Quote - Rigged my first project today- not the slightest adjustment had to be made, neither in Daz nor Poser.  Including the area between the legs that always has been a problem..

As good as it may be, put a checkered pattern on those clothes and bend the limbs...I'm thinking just a run thru and a conversion with no adjustments is not enough. I'm betting you get BAD stretch at the front of the shoulders when the arm goes up. Ya can't tell with a white texture, but put a pattern on those clothes and it'll be obvious.

Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.