Thu, Sep 19, 6:55 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:55 pm)

Subject: G2F... do you use her much?

sassanik ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 7:41 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 6:53 PM

I just bought the body and head morphs for her so I can start to use her, and have a few items in my library ready to go.

But with her not being able to use V4 maps, and even some of the Genesis ones I have because they have to be in .duf files makes me hesitant to really try. Even my purchased items with the V5 maps don't work because they are mostly in .dsa format.

So my question is: Are you using G2F? Does she work well for you?

Amy

Razor42 ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 8:08 PM · edited Sun, 16 March 2014 at 8:09 PM

Over time I've found I'm using G2F more and more, I've found the newer skin mat presets give better and better renders compared to my older presets. So I've found I use the old ones less and less and for the ones I really like its worth the time to convert over to duf, which is simpler than it seems.

To use the V4 mats on G2F you will need the V4 UV's for G2F

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female - Gives you the V4 UVs for G2F and lets you use your V4 outfits with G2F(DAZ STORE)The process to convert your dsa files to duf is quite simple ie

CONVERT DSA TO DUF

*Load .dsa on figure, select all the Surfaces and Save out as new Material.Now its possible to use the new .duf on any figure. *

Of course if you have a huge library of V4/V5 mats you may want to look at something like:

V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s) - Auto converts dsa to duf  (DAZ STORE)

And remember just because you use G2F ocassionally it doesn't mean you need to abandon Genesis or V4 for that matter. All I can say is give it a go and I'm sure you won't be disapointed and if you are well your other characters are still only a click away.

sassanik ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 9:00 PM

I have a fairly good library of V4/V5 mats, and the thought of converting them by hand... well makes me want to pull my hair out! 

I am considering getting the V4 to Genesis 2 Female package at the Daz store, just have not invested in it yet. My graphic design budget is small.

Amy

markht ( ) posted Sun, 16 March 2014 at 10:23 PM · edited Sun, 16 March 2014 at 10:24 PM

I am now in the process of converting almost everything to use Genesis 2, and I have a lot of V4/Genesis content. The .dsa to .duf conversion is easy, but I am converting a lot of skins to use AoA SSS shader. That is a lot of work.

I just posted an image in my gallery using a V4 skin on Stephanie 6 HD:

Speak Low, If You Speak Love

colmarq ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 2:14 PM · edited Mon, 17 March 2014 at 2:17 PM

You can now use practically everything you have for V4 on g2 Female if you are prepared to spend on various conversion packages.

Even all your V4 custom models, this requires the Genesis GenerationX2 and G2 addon  for DazStudio.

I have just posted a small guide to using this in this forum

Edit...to use this You will need to purchase the V4 and M4 bodyshapes for G2 also

fictionalbookshelf ( ) posted Mon, 17 March 2014 at 6:43 PM

I have and use V4, Genesis 1, and Genesis 2 Female. I did buy the V4 uvs and skin converter for G2F and all the textures I have tried on G2F work really really well. I haven't noticed an issue.

I have noticed that I am using G2F alot more than I had expected when she first came out. I was worried about having to buy a whole new set of everything when I had invested in so much in V4 and Genesis. But the way she is set up I can use just about everything in my library on her. I even bought the Genesis 2 Female clone for Genesis so that I can have that much more versatility in my library.

G2F series does seem to render much better straight out of the box in my opinion but that's just an opinion. Maybe it is something to do with better Vendor textures that are being released - I'm not sure. But I like her.

My Store & My Freebies

nedkelly ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2014 at 6:23 PM

Quote - Edit...to use this You will need to purchase the V4 and M4 bodyshapes for G2 also

V4 and M4 bodyshapes for G2

I have already got all the other genx packages but can't find this one anywhere in the Daz store or here on Rendo. Can anyone point me to where I can purchase this item. Thanks.

markht ( ) posted Thu, 20 March 2014 at 6:56 PM

Quote - > Quote - Edit...to use this You will need to purchase the V4 and M4 bodyshapes for G2 also

I have already got all the other genx packages but can't find this one anywhere in the Daz store or here on Rendo. Can anyone point me to where I can purchase this item. Thanks.

The products I have are called:

Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female by MallenLane
Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male by Slosh

These each contain the body shape, UVs and auto fit clones. I think this is all you need.

I think GenX2 can also use the body shapes from:

Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Female(s) by Slosh
Generation 4 Legacy Shapes for Genesis 2 Male(s) by slosh

Those packages only contain shapes. They do not contain UVs or autofit clones, so you will not be able use Gen 4 skins or autofit Gen 4 clothes without the first two I mention.

colmarq ( ) posted Fri, 21 March 2014 at 4:58 PM

Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female 

These are both from DAZ....sry for being unclear;]

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2014 at 1:08 PM

I used G2F once.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sat, 22 March 2014 at 3:54 PM

use her more and more.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 8:04 AM

When the price drops to something reasonable for the G2F/M morphs I'll buy them and start using G2F/M. But as it stands just the body morphs for G2F coast more then I paid for the V4/M4 complete morph bundle; that was head and body morphs for both figures.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 8:19 AM

I believe there close to %50 off atm as part of the march madness sales.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 10:14 AM

I went back and checked, I paid $20 for the V4/M4 head and body morph bundle. G2F head morphs on sale at $14? I think not.

DAZ has just lost their minds with thier pricing. Single character morphs now cost as much as morph bundles used to.

Razor42 ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 10:45 AM

Out of curiousity when did you purchase the v4/m4 morph bundle?

Not sure if its just me (PC club) but i have the head and body morphs bundle for g2f on sale for a little over 18. Which i feel is fairly reasonable considering the base figure is free.

I know id prefer higher quality at slightly higher prices. And I'd have to say its been a while since i dial spun anything on V4.

manleystanley ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 1:10 PM

The prices at DAZ doubled practically over night. But that was when it was no longer DAZ. Remeber DAZ got bought out 2 years ago. Things weren't great before, but since then DAZ has just gone to the dogs. As in no more updates/patches/fixes. If it's broke, well that is just to bad, we'll charge you for a work around later, if we don't charge you for a patch first.

Ya, my opinion of DAZ certainly hasn't improved over the years.

You do realize giving you the model for free is just a sales gimmick, right? Can't sell you stuff for the model if you don't have it. Much like giving you Studio, can't sell you content for studio if you don't have it. I mean if I was making all my profit off selling you gas I'd give you the biggest gas guzzeler I could find.

Still I like working with V4/M4, I also like working with genesis. 2 years ago I got this http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-evolution-morph-bundle and this http://www.daz3d.com/gen-3-iconic-shapes-for-genesis for $28. A single character morph for G2F will run $15 to $20. That is why even with the sales, the Pclub discount, and a $7 voucher I have yet to buy anything from DAZ this month.

Sorry, been a real frustrating day trying to work with this stuff.

Renpatsu ( ) posted Tue, 25 March 2014 at 5:50 PM

I am using G2F / G2M almost exclusively these days and personally I think they add quite a bit concerning realism. I am also glad quite a few vendors started to create clothes, characters, poses and such for them. Makes me spend more money at Rendo as well ;) Looking forward to more :)

cypherfox ( ) posted Wed, 26 March 2014 at 5:06 PM

Greetings,

I use G2 Male and Female almost exclusively these days, and the HD morphs when I can (my laptop doesn't like them, but my desktops are happy to chug through them).

I'm really happy to see a larger volume of G2F content showing up here as well.

As a counter-point, DAZ has been constantly updating their older content (as in stuff that is anywhere from relatively recent to five plus years old) with free updates to metadata, and in some cases fixing up textures that aren't working right with DAZ Studio, and if you have the DAZ Install Manager the updates just show up.  They also, at least recently, have been on top of fixes for new content when issues crop up.

The 'Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female by MallenLane' is an excellent package if you've got a large library of legacy model content that you'd like to use on G2F.  If you have shapes or morph-poses you want to transfer over, Dimension3D's GenX2 software and conversion packages are top notch, just be aware that it's a complex problem, and his software reflects that.

I don't use Poser, though, so keep that in mind if you're a dedicated Poser user.

--  Morgan

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2014 at 12:53 PM

I'd reall like to use Gen2figures more, but I just cannot get comfortable with DAZStudio. Obviously DAZ doesn’t want me to create my own stuff. As I understand , they want me to purchase content instead. Whenever It is about being creativ and doing things for myself, things become complicated. All that Assets stuff, why has it to be so complicated, why not just saving my character. Why is there no “just follow my morphs” option for clothes and save them to the librarie? It used to work quite well on Genesis1 figures.

DS might have a lot of features, and the Gen2 figures might be the far advanced, but the workflow is a PITA. That’s why I’ll stay with Poser. ):E

bhoins ( ) posted Wed, 02 April 2014 at 5:41 PM

Quote - I'd reall like to use Gen2figures more, but I just cannot get comfortable with DAZStudio. Obviously DAZ doesn’t want me to create my own stuff. As I understand , they want me to purchase content instead. Whenever It is about being creativ and doing things for myself, things become complicated. All that Assets stuff, why has it to be so complicated, why not just saving my character. Why is there no “just follow my morphs” option for clothes and save them to the librarie? It used to work quite well on Genesis1 figures.

DS might have a lot of features, and the Gen2 figures might be the far advanced, but the workflow is a PITA. That’s why I’ll stay with Poser. ):E

It sounds like you are over complicating things. You can just save your character. File->Save As->character preset. 

You don't set "follow my morphs" with Genesis and later figures, it is automatic, if there is no corresponding morph in the clothing, it projects the morph from the figure to the clothing. With Generation 4 and earlier figures, presuming the clothing is superconforming, if the morphs are in the clothing, it is automatic. If the morphs are not in the clothing then there is a menu option that will project the morphs from the figure to the clothing. 

Assets are needed for content creation, not general use. Like saving your own custom morph, and other back end files (like obj files belong in the geometry folder in Poser or the morphs in Poser figures).

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 3:31 AM

Qiute:

You don't set "follow my morphs" with Genesis and later figures, it is automatic, if there is no corresponding morph in the clothing, it projects the morph from the figure to the clothing."

On some custom made morphs it works, on some it doesn't. I just can't figure out why.

Quote: "If the morphs are not in the clothing then there is a menu option that will project the morphs from the figure to the clothing."

Do you mean the "Transver Utility" tool?

It gives a morph called "FBMAllExtend". It does size all up, but it doesn't make the clothes fit.

Being used to a Poser workwlow DS is indeed quite confusing. Can anybody explain one more weird issue to me , please?

When trying to tweak my own morphs on a Genesis2Female in a modeller, I reduce the mesh to base resolution, then export it as an *.obj and tweak it in silo, c4d or hexagon. The Genesis2F base geometrie is imported split up in multiple litte groups in my target modeller. Not the grouping you can see in DS. Grouped in little pieces. Why that? So I am forced to either use sculptris, that doesn't split in groups or using the DS/hexagon bridge. Is it a bug or is it purpuse?

bhoins ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 8:15 AM · edited Thu, 03 April 2014 at 8:19 AM

Quote - You don't set "follow my morphs" with Genesis and later figures, it is automatic, if there is no corresponding morph in the clothing, it projects the morph from the figure to the clothing."

On some custom made morphs it works, on some it doesn't. I just can't figure out why.

On a Tri-Ax figure, like Genesis, it is automatic unless you specifically turn it off in the property editor pane > Quote - Quote: "If the morphs are not in the clothing then there is a menu option that will project the morphs from the figure to the clothing."

Do you mean the "Transver Utility" tool?

No. On a figure from before Genesis, right click on the clothing and choose Transfer Active *Morphs. *   

[Quote]When trying to tweak my own morphs on a Genesis2Female in a modeller, I reduce the mesh to base resolution, then export it as an *.obj and tweak it in silo, c4d or hexagon. The Genesis2F base geometrie is imported split up in multiple litte groups in my target modeller. Not the grouping you can see in DS. Grouped in little pieces. Why that? So I am forced to either use sculptris, that doesn't split in groups or using the DS/hexagon bridge. Is it a bug or is it purpuse?

DS does not split groups on export, normally. There is a setting that allows it, because Poser needed it before 2012/2014 but it is not default. Check your export options.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 9:07 AM · edited Thu, 03 April 2014 at 9:10 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_503270.jpg

Okay, couldn't reproduce this issue on any other app, but silo. I was shure I saw that on C4D and Hex too, but not now. So, it seems to be a Silo - problem.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 03 April 2014 at 9:09 AM · edited Thu, 03 April 2014 at 9:10 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_503271.jpg

and here in Silo. I applied soft selection here , and you can see that I can pull away the group-pieces away. There are lots of breaks in the mesh.

bhoins ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 10:21 AM

Tried an export with your export settings then imported into Hex, Maya, Max, Lightwave, Carrara and Z-Brush, and I can't make it do that. 

There are no breaks in the mesh, except for the pieces that are intentionally not attached (Eyes, Mouth, Eyelashes), and certainly not as they appear in your image. It looks like, from your image, your import is breaking the mesh along the Material Zone lines and possibly the group lines as well. 

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 04 April 2014 at 11:10 AM

Maybe using G2F more now that I have found out for sure I can double fit clothes.

But I was testing the Hex bridge with genesis and found out Studio doesn't seem to actually create the morph. I'm sure I'm doing soemthing wrong but it's pretty straight forward operation, so I'm not sure what.

Morpheon ( ) posted Fri, 18 April 2014 at 1:04 AM

Quote - I just bought the body and head morphs for her so I can start to use her, and have a few items in my library ready to go.

But with her not being able to use V4 maps, and even some of the Genesis ones I have because they have to be in .duf files makes me hesitant to really try. Even my purchased items with the V5 maps don't work because they are mostly in .dsa format.

So my question is: Are you using G2F? Does she work well for you?

Amy

"Victoria 4 for Genesis 2 Female" (http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female)

"Michael 4 for Genesis 2 Male" (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-for-genesis-2-male)

These two products provide the V4 and M4 UVs so that you can map V4 and M4 textures onto G2F and G2M. I have them, and I can recommend them (altho' I will say that personally, I prefer to have new maps made specifically for the new figures, rather than recycle old textures).

"V4 Skins Auto Converter for Genesis 2 Female(s)" (http://www.daz3d.com/v4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-female-s)

"Michael 4 Skins Auto Converter For Genesis 2 Male(s)" (http://www.daz3d.com/michael-4-skins-auto-converter-for-genesis-2-male-s)

These two are next on my list, tho' that's subject to some consideration (basically finances and would I really get that much use out of them). These are supposed to automatically convert V4 textures into textures that G2F can use (and the same for M4 and G2M).

Christian22179 ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2014 at 3:04 PM

I will never use BF2 as my primary figure and rarely use her. I use GenX to transfer BF2 morphs over to Genesis so I can use the 6th generation with Genesis. I can transfer the UV's too so I can use V6, Gia, etc, skins on Genesis.

Genesis all the way for me.

manleystanley ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2014 at 9:03 AM · edited Fri, 25 April 2014 at 9:05 AM

I have to wonder why?

I've done quite a few side by side base tests of genesis and G2F, and G2F just works better in poses with less clothing issues; like shoes. If I hadn't have fallen in to the big intro sales for genesis; and had just bought most all the morphs for genesis, I'd have had that to spend on G2F when she came out.

Like a fool I actaully thought DAZ would do an update or two to genesis before the next figure came out. Seems I always screw up giving DAZ the benefit of a doubt.  

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2014 at 9:29 AM · edited Fri, 25 April 2014 at 9:34 AM

Quote - I will never use BF2 as my primary figure and rarely use her. I use GenX to transfer BF2 morphs over to Genesis so I can use the 6th generation with Genesis. I can transfer the UV's too so I can use V6, Gia, etc, skins on Genesis.

Genesis all the way for me.

Sounds like a lot of work for the little return you're actually getting. Some of those hip and thigh bends are going to be terrible for the androgynous weightmap you're throwing those specific shapes at, especially without any correctives to make those bends look decent. A figure is not better to use if you're bending it and the mesh is bunching and crushing when being posed.

But then I think most of the reasons for not using the G2F figure are more philisophical than anything else, which doesn't help a person just starting do a fair evaluation of what figure to use and spend their money on.

Christian22179 ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2014 at 12:05 PM

Quote - I have to wonder why?

I've done quite a few side by side base tests of genesis and G2F, and G2F just works better in poses with less clothing issues; like shoes. If I hadn't have fallen in to the big intro sales for genesis; and had just bought most all the morphs for genesis, I'd have had that to spend on G2F when she came out.

Like a fool I actaully thought DAZ would do an update or two to genesis before the next figure came out. Seems I always screw up giving DAZ the benefit of a doubt.  

I've seen many comparisons between the two and what improvements there are is barely a step ahead. At least to my eyes. Plus, having one figure that can "do it all" is of better value to me and I end up saving money in the long run. Genesis isn't perfect, no figure is, but what imperfections there are, are barely noticable.

I may use BF2 more and more as time goes on, but Genesis will always be my "go to" and "main" figure. It's more versatile for my needs.

Sylvan3D ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2014 at 1:51 PM

I almost never make female renders, but I do own G2F. I am using G2M a lot since he came out and Genesis 1 as well, I think it's 50/50. Michael 4 I have only used once in about 2 years...

manleystanley ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2014 at 7:10 AM

The main difference between genesis and G2F is autofit functionality. Autofit works much better with G2F then genesis.

Now as I have said before I have a huge collection of wardrobes for the mil3/4 figures. A sizable investment just to give up because DAZ's new dolly is out. So I use autofit a lot ;)

Yes before autofit I used Xdresser a lot, I have the lisenses for most of the figures; and that is figures avalible not just DAZ's. So I can convert practically any clothes to fit genesis. As in Sara to V4 via Xdresser, then V4 to geneis via autofit; which then can be autofited to G2F. Sometimes they need some refit tweeks to work their best which is easy enough to do with the Hex bridge; oh wait, DAZ borked that and hasn't even tried to fix it in how long? Did some one say 3 years?

If I'm wrong please tell me how to get the fit morphs from Hex to Studio via the Hex bridge and actually have studio create a morph slider for it. If this worked I could easily fix any issues with stretched dresses, tucked blouses and mangeled shoes.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 10:04 AM · edited Sun, 27 April 2014 at 10:07 AM

Quote - The main difference between genesis and G2F is autofit functionality. Autofit works much better with G2F then genesis.

Now as I have said before I have a huge collection of wardrobes for the mil3/4 figures. A sizable investment just to give up because DAZ's new dolly is out. So I use autofit a lot ;)

Yes before autofit I used Xdresser a lot, I have the lisenses for most of the figures; and that is figures avalible not just DAZ's. So I can convert practically any clothes to fit genesis. As in Sara to V4 via Xdresser, then V4 to geneis via autofit; which then can be autofited to G2F. Sometimes they need some refit tweeks to work their best which is easy enough to do with the Hex bridge; oh wait, DAZ borked that and hasn't even tried to fix it in how long? Did some one say 3 years?

If I'm wrong please tell me how to get the fit morphs from Hex to Studio via the Hex bridge and actually have studio create a morph slider for it. If this worked I could easily fix any issues with stretched dresses, tucked blouses and mangeled shoes.

Bending and weightmaps are the main difference, not the the autofit. Autofit depends on the clones and how the clothing is made, which has nothing to do with the genesis figures.

Shoes are always going to be problematic because of the various ways they were made by vendors, so one autofit clone will never account for various ways shoes are made. 

If you want clothing to fit better, here's a tip. Pose the donor character in the same default pose as genesis, and save the objs out, then load them back and use the transfer tool. Because the clothing are in the same pose, the projection from source to target works better without distortion.

Dresses need a donor as well; if you use the genesis character, it adds all the bones, not ones for just the dresses... that's where the 3rd party tools come in. You will still need to learn the weight map tools to fix any distortion on those.

Once you learn the tips of how to work the tools for converting instead of complaining, your clothes with fit better.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 5:51 PM

Why not just fix the Hex bridge? I used it for quite a while to make fit morphs till DAZ broke it.

I just don't get why people don't want to hold DAZ responsable for fixing what they brake.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 6:06 PM

Quote - Why not just fix the Hex bridge? I used it for quite a while to make fit morphs till DAZ broke it.

I just don't get why people don't want to hold DAZ responsable for fixing what they brake.

I think others are using the bridge, can't verify since I use zbrush.

emiller ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 10:48 PM

I tried your tip above to fit clothes better by exporting them out and back in again. It worked nicely, with no distortion in the clothing. But...

How do I get the morphs back into the clothing? They to have all been stripped out by saving the obj.

manleystanley ( ) posted Sun, 27 April 2014 at 10:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - Why not just fix the Hex bridge? I used it for quite a while to make fit morphs till DAZ broke it.

Using it, and having Studio create a morph slider for the fit morph I just created in Hex are two different things.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 6:59 AM

Quote - > Quote - > Quote - Why not just fix the Hex bridge? I used it for quite a while to make fit morphs till DAZ broke it.

Using it, and having Studio create a morph slider for the fit morph I just created in Hex are two different things.

Well then work around it if you need to. Not that I don't believe you from your other comments, but yeah, I really don't believe it's broken. If it is, put a ticket in and provide us with the number, just proclaiming that it's broken won't get it fixed any faster.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 7:08 AM

Quote - I tried your tip above to fit clothes better by exporting them out and back in again. It worked nicely, with no distortion in the clothing. But...

How do I get the morphs back into the clothing? They to have all been stripped out by saving the obj.

Apply the fixed obj to the original clothing and turn on the morph. Apply each morph you want to use, then export that as an obj. This will give you the clothing morphs in relation to your fixed obj.

Then take those objs and use morph loader pro and load those morphs in the new clothing. You can then set proprerties for putting the morphs in new groups, limits, colors, etc... 

Save those morphs by using File -> Save As -> Suppport Asset -> Morph Asset (s)

Give it a product name (call it whatever you want), then check off the imported morphs and click OK.

Now you should have the morphs in your clothing.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 7:34 AM

qoute :"Now you should have the morphs in your clothing."

No , I havn't. I wonder all the time, why clothes follow some custom figure morphs,  and on other custom morphs they don't follow. It seems to be completly accidently. I just cannot figure out the rules. I asked that allready at DAZ, but havn't recieved an answer yet.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 7:58 AM

Quote - qoute :"Now you should have the morphs in your clothing."

No , I havn't. I wonder all the time, why clothes follow some custom figure morphs,  and on other custom morphs they don't follow. It seems to be completly accidently. I just cannot figure out the rules. I asked that allready at DAZ, but havn't recieved an answer yet.

My quote is for adding clothing morphs in, not automorph generation. Two different things.

If autofollow isn't on the morphs you want to use, the morph won't be generated. If smoothing and collision isn't set and at at least 5-7, it won't follow either. Extreme shapes may have issues too, and if a fit isn't made, you will have to make one using an external modeling tool or the deformers.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 8:14 AM

Qoute: "My quote is for adding clothing morphs in, not automorph generation. Two different things."

Ooops, sorry :)*

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 8:55 AM · edited Mon, 28 April 2014 at 8:58 AM

Male_M3dia I apolagize and have found out it was the catigory I was selecting for the morph. I need to select actor/morph for autofit clothes

Haddn't intended for that to be bold, can't fix it, oh well lol

emiller ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 9:06 AM

Thank you. Can you clarify the statement below about applying the fixed obj to the original clothing? I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

This also sounds like I better want to convert something really bad for this much work with the morphs, for where autofit just won't do.

Apply the fixed obj to the original clothing and turn on the morph. Apply each morph you want to use, then export that as an obj. This will give you the clothing morphs in relation to your fixed obj.

Then take those objs and use morph loader pro and load those morphs in the new clothing. You can then set proprerties for putting the morphs in new groups, limits, colors, etc... 

Save those morphs by using File -> Save As -> Suppport Asset -> Morph Asset (s)

Give it a product name (call it whatever you want), then check off the imported morphs and click OK.

Now you should have the morphs in your clothing.

manleystanley ( ) posted Mon, 28 April 2014 at 10:39 AM

I'm sure this is something different, but I have been using this little bit of fun from ramwolf on props, hair, and Poser dynaimc clothes. Works pretty well most of the time. DAZ Discussion Forum | RAMWorks Tutorials: PP2 and HR2 to figure & Painting Genesis in ZBrush

Now I know getting Poser dynaimc clothes to fit well to genesis and pose with genesis isn't much of a boon to dazzers, but from a carraraest point of view Poser dynaimc clothes work quite nicely with bullet physycs soft cloth draping. Now it isn't poser like dynaimc clothes yet, but it's getting there.

But after finding my phopa with the Hex bridge I can highly recomend it for fixing autofit goofs. I'll post something in a bit, just need to find something that autofit mangles badly for an example.

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 10:16 AM

file_503906.jpg

Thought I would pop this in here to show what I am doing. This is genesis with Poser dynaimc clothes converted; easily, to conforming, then drapped in carrara. I think you can see why i want to be able to do this; now to figure out how to get genesis morphs in to it lol

bhoins ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 10:36 AM

Quote - Thought I would pop this in here to show what I am doing. This is genesis with Poser dynaimc clothes converted; easily, to conforming, then drapped in carrara. I think you can see why i want to be able to do this; now to figure out how to get genesis morphs in to it lol

Transfer Utility. 

manleystanley ( ) posted Wed, 30 April 2014 at 4:18 PM

Quote - > Quote - Thought I would pop this in here to show what I am doing. This is genesis with Poser dynaimc clothes converted; easily, to conforming, then drapped in carrara. I think you can see why i want to be able to do this; now to figure out how to get genesis morphs in to it lol

Transfer Utility. 

Thanks, I thought I had done it wrong, but it was just me being thick. The dress didn't seem to morph with the figure. Thought I had to do another step for the conversion to work right.

Helps if you clear the drap in carrara before morphing the figure

Jan19 ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2014 at 11:13 PM · edited Sat, 03 May 2014 at 11:14 PM

Quote - I use G2 Male and Female almost exclusively these days, and the HD morphs when I can (my laptop doesn't like them, but my desktops are happy to chug through them).

I've been using Dawn almost exclusively since she was released, and I still love her, but the high definition morphs for the G2 female have me fascinated.  I've played and experimented (Poser user spending time in DS4.6...I haven't tried the hd morphs in Poser yet) -- and I love them!  I wish I could figure out how they hd morphs are made.  I know ZB is used, but that's about all.

Anyhow, I hope the hd morphs keep coming.  As the vendors get more skilled with the process, the possibilities are limitless. 

I'm a fickle sucker when it comes to new tech.

But yes, G2 female is the only female that's seen action on my computer for the past few days.  I like her.  And I saw a "hesitant to use regular morphs with hd morphed characters" post of DA, but the regular G2 morphs work fine on my hd characters.

I love me some Modo!  :-)

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sun, 04 May 2014 at 9:42 AM

Unfortunately, at least for now, the tool needed to create an HD morph from a ZBrush import isn't generally available so we can't make new HD morphs.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.