Mon, Sep 23, 3:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 10:18 pm)

Subject: FYI I'm going to go away for a while.

bagginsbill ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 1:02 PM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 3:18 AM

This morning the site was down for maintenance - apparently some of the "fixes" I've been looking for were being deployed? Not sure.

Anyway - a search link I posted yesterday to help somebody now produces no results.

And when I went to post about the new problem in Community Forum, I got

** Sorry!** We cannot find this thread in our records.

I cannot stand it anymore. I'm just not coming back for a while because I can't take the rage I'm feeling right now.

If I wrote code this bad, I would not have a job at all. What is happening?

What is happening here?

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 1:12 PM

But you visit RDNA? There the forum works :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 1:50 PM

Yep some very familiar names at RDNA and it is also home of the official forum.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

obm890 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 2:00 PM

This morning the site was down for maintenance - apparently some of the "fixes" I've been looking for were being deployed?

I seriously doubt it. they were probably implementing more 'exciting improvements", you know, like round avatars instead of square avatars.

obm890 ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 2:08 PM

hey Ladonna, every time I see your avatar it makes me smile and think of my old staf. Been gone about 5 or 6 years and I still miss her.
file_38af86134b65d0f10fe33d30dd76442e.jp

primorge ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 2:23 PM

See you at rdna hopefully, BB.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 3:06 PM

sorry about the snafu.  we'll keep trying to get 'em to fix search.

WandW ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 5:33 PM

Hope to see you at RDNA, Ted. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

JIMMYJOHN ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 8:19 PM

Bad news... for sure, a lot of us here will miss you greatly.

Let's hope the problems can be sorted out so we can have you back with us ASAP.

TheAnimaGemini ( ) posted Thu, 23 April 2015 at 10:12 PM

obm890

LouLou passed away two years ago and I still miss her too . Your Lady look on her photo so cute too. They have all such a adorable , pretty face :)

Putt a smile on me :)

La vie est éternelle. L'amour est immortel.

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.”
― Marcus Aurelius,

R_Hatch ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 12:04 AM

If I wrote code this bad, I would not have a job at all. What is happening?

I swear the person designing this website must be related to the owners. There is no other logical explanation.

obm890 ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 1:05 AM

I swear the person designing this website must be related to the owners. There is no other logical explanation.

Yup, either that or a member of the same tight social group, like a small church congregation or something. I live in a small town and see that happen all the time, you're obligated to use someone because they're a member of 'the group', they turn out to be utterly useless but you can't fire them because they're a member of 'the group'. And then they present you with a huge bill and somehow you're obligated to pay it because of the group thing again. Or maybe the web designer is being paid a lot of money by a consortium of opposition sites, with instructions to run it into the ground, one small 'improvement' at a time, until even the diehard fans jump ship.

It is now 3 weeks since the list of problems was passed to management. I reckon we have about 2 more weeks of waiting/hoping for some improvement, then management will decide that the storm has passed, problem has gone away so it'll be back to business as usual on the slowest, most infuriating forum on the web. And everything will be Awsome Awsome.

perilous7 ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 3:53 AM

whats goin to happen here now ol BB has gone?

makes me think of when superheros dissapear/get disallusioned with life etc and then the city goes slowly downhill into chaos, riots, looting,cats and dogs getting along just general anarchy? who can save us now............

A cleaved head no longer plots.

http://www.perilous7.moonfruit.com

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 4:22 AM

Missing BB would be bad enough in it's own but we have lost so many talented and helpful people from here.  It is becoming a shadow of it's former self and soon it will not be worth doing the changes as so few people will be using it.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

Netherworks ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 4:47 AM · edited Fri, 24 April 2015 at 4:47 AM

Doubt anyone will cry over it, but I tend to come here less and less.  I used to stop by frequently and even though I didn't post all the time, I did lurk the forums and browse the store.  However, every time there's a forum change I have to come up with overrides, the categories are all but gone in freestuff and the marketplaces.  I don't know how anyone can find anything.  In fact, in Firefox I can see product thumbnails but no images on the product pages themselves.  Now, I do run a pretty tight ship with regards to blocking scripting and so forth but even relaxing everything up, I have to view the marketplace with IE, which I barely use.

I hope this is taken as being constructive in the hope that things change for the better here, in the future.  And yes, I do tend to hang elsewhere, but I enjoy visiting all the Poser places, at least from time to time.  As a visitor and guest, I'd like to see a Renderosity that is changed for the better, not changed just to change things, which is what it feels like has been happening (to me).

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 5:19 AM

Doubt anyone will cry over it, but I tend to come here less and less.  I used to stop by frequently and even though I didn't post all the time, I did lurk the forums and browse the store.  However, every time there's a forum change I have to come up with overrides, the categories are all but gone in freestuff and the marketplaces.  I don't know how anyone can find anything.  In fact, in Firefox I can see product thumbnails but no images on the product pages themselves.  Now, I do run a pretty tight ship with regards to blocking scripting and so forth but even relaxing everything up, I have to view the marketplace with IE, which I barely use.

I hope this is taken as being constructive in the hope that things change for the better here, in the future.  And yes, I do tend to hang elsewhere, but I enjoy visiting all the Poser places, at least from time to time.  As a visitor and guest, I'd like to see a Renderosity that is changed for the better, not changed just to change things, which is what it feels like has been happening (to me).

I am not sure I would cry over it but I would certainly miss you if you weren't around, all is well though because I know you also post at RDNA. Like you I like to keep up to date with most Poser forums but this one is getting to the point it is not worth the effort.  Really sad because I liked Rendo until someone started tinkering with it.  I also don't like the fact that I have to swap browsers if I want to give a vendor credit in the galleries, then to be stung multiple times I thanks to a leaky order process and there is not much here working at an acceptable level.

kljpmsd ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 6:03 AM

Rather than bitch and whine about it, vote with your wallet and presence.  I stopped buying stuff here some time ago.  Many vendors sell through other brokers. If not, I'll ask them if they'll sell the item privately or I do without it.   I don't take part in any forums anymore other than the occasional post along these lines.  If everyone moved en masse to RDNA and stopped buying here, Renderosity would quickly go under and good riddance. 

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 6:12 AM

Rather than bitch and whine about it, vote with your wallet and presence.  I stopped buying stuff here some time ago.  Many vendors sell through other brokers. If not, I'll ask them if they'll sell the item privately or I do without it.   I don't take part in any forums anymore other than the occasional post along these lines.  If everyone moved en masse to RDNA and stopped buying here, Renderosity would quickly go under and good riddance. 

Well I am part way there,  I removed all the items from my wish list that I didn't really need and other than spend my render reward from last month the only items I have purchased have been from my favourite vendors and a couple of items that were 60% off. I suspect my spend here is down by around 75-80% and I will look to reduce it further. Unfortunately RDNA have not benefitted very much but I do tend to look there a lot more and I have purchased the occasional item.  Most my spend has now moved to Vue content and, now I have Vue 2015 Studio hot off the press, I do not think that will change much in the coming months.  Longer term I will still spend on Poser content as almost all my Vue renders have Poser content in them but I will look to buy what I need/want elsewhere and only purchase here as a last resort.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 7:19 AM

At least we can talk about it here without having it deleted...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

hornet3d ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 7:24 AM

At least we can talk about it here without having it deleted...

That is clearly true considering what has been said in so many threads, I am just not sure if it because they believe in free speech or they are really not bothered.

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 8:28 AM

Could be a little bit of both.  What bothers me is the lack of concern and communication by the admins.  Many have earned the right to be notified about site changes, yet no mass emails, no stickies, no notification threads.  The mods are left floundering, playing communication tag throughout the chain of command.  Those that take responsibility should address the masses and clarify what is truly going on, or apologize for such blatant disruptions and lack of oversight.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 11:54 AM

how do the round avatars know exactly where our faces are?

guess i could get use to rdna forums if i had to, guess i have to?  

i'm still on PP12 and P7. so all the pp14 stuff doesn't excite me too much lol

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Willber ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 1:23 PM

I'm following where Ted goes... over to RDNA.

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 2:32 PM

Yup, the only result of the "maintenance" today, is that it's even sower as before

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 2:34 PM

Posting, a mess.
Massaging, a mess
Freestuff, a bigger mess.

Now you "have to click" each and every iterm, jut to find out for what software it is.

Hey, need my adress? To send a new mouse in a couple of weeks? 

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 2:35 PM

Posting, a mess.
Massaging, a mess
Freestuff, a bigger mess.

Now you "have to click" each and every iterm, just to find out for what software it is.

Hey, need my adress? To send a new mouse in a couple of weeks? 

vilters ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 2:36 PM

32 seconds to upload the previous post, and 12 seconds for a screen refresh..

Way to go Rendero, when is the burial?

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 7:43 PM · edited Fri, 24 April 2015 at 7:45 PM

Rendo is Poser Cental. The biggest site for Poser users. Want it buried? You might as well just kill off the Poser community.  Instead of showing support you guys are doing the opposite. You are "splitting" the community better than Daz ever could lol. Great Job. Support what you have, don't abandon it. But sure, run to Hivewire with less than 2000 members, or Rdna with less than half the traffic. Or CP if you want solitude....go ahead and split the community:) It's bad enough SM is in turmoil, now you want it's community to be in the same boat. Nice.....You are your own worst enemy lol. I for one will wait out the storm because I know these situations are only temporary.

My Renderosity Store

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 8:11 PM · edited Fri, 24 April 2015 at 8:12 PM

CP hasn't had a forum in 6 years.

Those who post in Fora are the rounding error in the number of users.....

Zev0 ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 8:13 PM

I know CP doesn't have forums, hense why I said go there if you want solitude:)

My Renderosity Store

ghonma ( ) posted Fri, 24 April 2015 at 11:06 PM · edited Fri, 24 April 2015 at 11:07 PM

Those who post in Fora are the rounding error in the number of users.....

Does that mean that DAZ (which have a pretty active forum) have an enormous number of users or that SM have a dwindling amount ? I also wonder how true this old saw is these days when everyone seems to be online 24/7...

obm890 ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 2:26 AM · edited Sat, 25 April 2015 at 2:32 AM

Instead of showing support you guys are doing the opposite. You are "splitting" the community better than Daz ever could lol. Great Job. Support what you have, don't abandon it.

Support for the community is all very well, but how is anything ever going to improve if Rendo's clueless management doesn't get the message that they are doing it wrong? By sticking around, putting more products in the store and buying more from the store, people are encouraging management to keep doing what they are doing. This situation will not be temporary, it will become the new normal. I believe it already has. A general exodus to other communities, along with a drop in new content entering the store and a drop in revenue, would catch the attention of their accountant at the very least. Even if management has no concept of online communities or web design, I'm sure they would understand an accountant saying "Hey guys, look at these figures. Something's wrong". That might be the wake up call for them to actually fix the site properly, or at the very least to stop actively screwing it up with ill-conceived and unnecessary changes.

But if you want to show your support by sticking around, better get used to this, nothing will change.

Today's new forum 'feature': On the thread list page it says this thread has 2 pages, but when I opened it there was no second page.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 6:47 AM

Nice one, company fouls up big time but blame the customers for not supporting them.  The only people her trying to split the community are Rendo and those that are taking the opportunity to try and split it even further.

Yea I am convinced, I will go back to my old buying rate and just accept that I am going to pay for some stranger's air line ticket in the name of the community.  I bet the person who's ticket I pay for has a completely different picture in his mind when someone mentions 'Poser'.

shvrdavid ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 12:50 PM · edited Sat, 25 April 2015 at 12:53 PM

Rendo is Poser Cental. The biggest site for Poser users. Want it buried? You might as well just kill off the Poser community.  Instead of showing support you guys are doing the opposite. You are "splitting" the community better than Daz ever could lol. Great Job. Support what you have, don't abandon it. But sure, run to Hivewire with less than 2000 members, or Rdna with less than half the traffic. Or CP if you want solitude....go ahead and split the community:) It's bad enough SM is in turmoil, now you want it's community to be in the same boat. Nice.....You are your own worst enemy lol. I for one will wait out the storm because I know these situations are only temporary.

Maybe this post should be directed to the powers that be. Because part of it makes sense. This site has been the top Poser site for a long time, that we can agree on.

But at the same time if the top contributors to it are leaving, staying on top is not in the equation.

I could not even get to the site at all the other day, it simply was not there.

I can understand where Zev is coming from, but I also understand why many of the top contributors to the forums are backing away.

The powers be made the choices that put this into motion. So go ahead and blame others for reacting to it.

Someone is choosing not to address the concerns, and it is not the visitors.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 12:57 PM · edited Sat, 25 April 2015 at 1:00 PM

Maybe this post should be directed to the powers that be. Because part of it makes sense. This site has been the top Poser site for a long time, that we can agree on.

But at the same time if the top contributors to it are leaving, staying on top is not in the equation.

I could not even get to the site at all the other day, it simply was not there.

I can understand where Zev is coming from, but I also understand why many of the top contributors to the forums are backing away.

The powers be made the choices that put this into motion. So go ahead and blame others for reacting to it.

Someone is choosing not to address the concerns, and it is not the visitors.

Now THIS is hysterical.  RO isn't Poser central.  Not since they refused Poser figures in their store and became DAZToo. Renderosity wants to be DAZToo so desperately, they don't even allow POSER users a safe haven away from the abuse heaped on them by the DAZGang in their own titled forum.

ROFLMAO.  Poor Renderosity.  Reaping the rewards of their choices and blaming the customers.

Sure fire winning strategy.

hornet3d ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 12:58 PM

I not only feel sorry for the forum users and, to a degree, the moderators, but I also feel sorry for the vendors as well.  There are quite of lot of products that I would have purchased here this month that I have put in my cart.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 6:05 PM

I not only feel sorry for the forum users and, to a degree, the moderators, but I also feel sorry for the vendors as well.  There are quite of lot of products that I would have purchased here this month that I have put in my cart.

1 suggestion - sitemail the vendors that you are not purchasing from and tell them why.  They are in a better position to put pressure on the "management" than the customers.  They are the ones that actually supply the site content.

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Sat, 25 April 2015 at 7:11 PM

these forums are free. 

is anyone left to help answer people's poser problem questions?

the one i feel bad for right now is Nerd.

and naysayguy.

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

structure ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2015 at 2:51 AM
Forum Coordinator

Supposedly, "the powers that be" are addressing the forum problems. So far I have seen no evidence of this, and therein lies the problem. I have seen admin claiming that "we are working on it", "we think you will love the new changes." but so far, all we have seen is promises with no ETA on the resolution of these issues. So much vaporware.

Without the community that they obviously care so little about, Renderosity will become another buried in the dirt site that gets little or occasional traffic. The fact that people are leaving, and those people made others want to participate in the community while leaving the negative forces to run rampant and decimate the forum, says much about the priorities of the management.The days when one could point to 'Rosity as a good marketplace, a good place to learn,, and / or a good site for freebies are long since gone. There used to be daily posts in the poser python scripting forum, now you might get one a week if you are lucky. That is just one example of the how the forum and the lack of interest displayed by the management, are affecting what used to be a good place to hang out and learn.

Continued complaints have been actively ignored for such a long time that people have begun to move to other forums. The question now is, even if the promised "fixes" actually materialise, will it be a case of "shutting the stable door after the horses have bolted"?

Locked Out

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2015 at 6:11 AM
Site Admin

Well, the default search does now produce results. I won't say if they are accurate and will find everything. I haven't looked that deeply yet. But it is a step in the right direction.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

kljpmsd ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2015 at 10:39 AM

1 suggestion - sitemail the vendors that you are not purchasing from and tell them why.  They are in a better position to put pressure on the "management" than the customers.  They are the ones that actually supply the site content.

I've been doing this for a while now.

WandW ( ) posted Sun, 26 April 2015 at 11:24 AM · edited Sun, 26 April 2015 at 11:26 AM

Well, the default search does now produce results. I won't say if they are accurate and will find everything. I haven't looked that deeply yet. But it is a step in the right direction.

I just tried it with 'koi', since there was a thread on it within the last few days, and I get no results with either the default or advanced search. EDIT; I do get a result with 'shader', so perhaps there is now a lower limit on search string length? 

Also, Paste is broken again... :(

bagginsbill ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2015 at 8:23 AM

I am back for a moment - only until my blood pressure goes up.

I just wrote this in the thread I started last week in the community forum about broken search.

No response? 

Here's what I think. The programmer incorrectly assumed three-letter words should be ignored. And - he decided to insult the user by not honestly telling that three-letter words are being ignored. Instead the user is erroneously told there are no matches. 

In the Poser forum, we have numerous important topics that are found by doing a three-letter search. Try any of these - they all produce nothing:

HDR

IBL

IDL

MSR

Refusing to search for these demonstrates a total disregard or total ignorance of the way the Poser forum needs to be used.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 27 April 2015 at 9:01 AM

I agree. There are some good reasons to limit two and three letter combinations (the, and, it, etc) but a message should be displayed stating what terms are being excluded. In a forum where abbreviations are common, those trms should be whitelisted.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.