Fri, Jul 12, 2:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 11 1:35 pm)

Subject: looking for a Poser Rant website

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:17 PM · edited Tue, 09 July 2024 at 9:46 AM

Searching a website, to rant freeley about Poser, without having to irritate Poser fans.

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:20 PM

You may Discuss Poser without starting a disruptive outlook, but if you are looking for a flame war this is not the place.

JoePublic ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:39 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:39 PM

"Searching a website, to rant freeley about Poser, without having to irritate Poser fans."

Let me know when you find one.
I'm really tired of PC, trigger warnings and save spaces for Poser figures. ;-)

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:40 PM

That's why I have asked for a place to go for. Of course not here, but where else? Any suggestions?

Darkworld ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 1:50 PM

I would think DAZ forums would be a great spot for DS/Genesis leaning support

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 2:11 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

There should be an anything goes freeforall sticky thread... I swallow alot of the things I'd like to say about 99.9% of the time. Probably why after bottling it up it might burst forth like Grendel or some shit at times. Lol. Mostly on the Critique aspect of things...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Mudbox 2022, Adobe PS CC, Poser Pro 11.3, Blender 2.9, Wings3D 2.2.5

My Freestuff and Gallery at ShareCG

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 2:13 PM

Daz forums? Lol. It's like 1984 or the Stepford Wives over there...

W10 Pro, HP Envy X360 Laptop, Intel Core i7-10510U, NVIDIA GeForce MX250, Intel UHD, 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM, 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD

Darkworld ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 2:45 PM

Lol. So u should start a poser Reddit ;)

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 4:51 PM

Poserpros's Chicken Coup. oh wait, Daz bought it and shut it down. you could try cgtalk

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

chaecuna ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 4:57 PM

JVRenderer posted at 11:53PM Tue, 01 December 2015 - #4241850

you could try cgtalk

The P-word in the most professional forum I know of? Try and you'll regret not being in front of Drill Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 5:05 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2015 at 5:06 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 12:03AM Wed, 02 December 2015 - #4241806

There should be an anything goes freeforall sticky thread... I swallow alot of the things I'd like to say about 99.9% of the time. Probably why after bottling it up it might burst forth like Grendel or some shit at times. Lol. Mostly on the Critique aspect of things...

Maybe not here, but yes, I feel a lot of pressure in my kettle. I'd truley like to repect the feelings of the community, but i'd like to have a site, where I can speak freeley.

Zev0 ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 6:06 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2015 at 6:08 PM

Try here and see how far you can get. http://www.daz3d.com/forums/categories/poser-discussion They are less strict there in that section. Go figure, it ain't their software lol.

My Renderosity Store

seachnasaigh ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 6:11 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 5:49PM Tue, 01 December 2015 - #4241806

There should be an anything goes freeforall sticky thread...

R'osity used to have exactly such a forum area. The posters most inclined to combative posts quickly stopped using it - it soon became a ghost town because no one was interested in going to that forum area to read some screaming rant, and so the combatantes were back in the Poser forum. Seems that they preferred to have a captive audience.

chaecuna posted at 5:49PM Tue, 01 December 2015 - #4241853

The P-word in the most professional forum I know of? Try and you'll regret not being in front of Drill Gunnery Sergeant Hartman.

But shouldn't those who are so eager to dish it out be OK with receiving?

Poser 12, in feet.  

OSes:  Win7Prox64, Win7Ultx64

Silo Pro 2.5.6 64bit, Vue Infinite 2014.7, Genetica 4.0 Studio, UV Mapper Pro, UV Layout Pro, PhotoImpact X3, GIF Animator 5

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 7:34 PM

da?

skype?

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 10:54 PM
Site Admin

Just thinking it wouldn't make much sense to rant here anyway. I don't think anybody here made Poser, did they? These are just artists trying to make art. I would think if something is wrong with the software, then go rant/give suggestions to the people that made it. I'm sure SmithMicro would appreciate knowing if something was wrong with their software. Or.... don't use the software, there are alternatives. Or.... we can all go back to using Microsoft Paint.... or maybe a pencil and some chalk. I can't help but wonder if after fire was invented and made life a heck of a lot easier, if Grug the Caveman didn't complain it kept blowing the wrong way.

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Tue, 01 December 2015 at 11:36 PM · edited Tue, 01 December 2015 at 11:37 PM

I like Poser. And pencil. Not too crazy over chalk though.

moriador ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 1:03 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2015 at 1:10 AM

What's the purpose of ranting, anyway? As personal therapy, it's been demonstrated to have a negative affect. Rather than letting you "get things off your chest", it tends to do the exact opposite by stimulating negative emotions, ramping them up, and then reinforcing them.

When psychologists suggested that it's unhealthy to keep emotions bottled up, they meant things like crippling shame over sexual desires or deep resentments harbored against a domineering parent -- not the everyday annoyance of getting stuck in traffic or how you feel about a particular piece of software. 😆

People rant about every little thing on social media and far too frequently, IMO. And this leads to an environment in which everyone seems angry about something all the time. A bit more of the "stiff upper lip" attitude might be more helpful to all of us. ;)

But if you really do feel the need to rant about Poser, there's nothing stopping you from ranting to your heart's content in a txt editor. If you think it will help, by all means, write a novel!

Edit: Otherwise, as peeps have already noted, there are a thousand different places you can publish to the web. Get a Twitter account. Start a Reddit. Start a blog.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 6:32 AM

You could start a blog.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

WandW ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 6:51 AM · edited Wed, 02 December 2015 at 6:58 AM

Why post a rant; I just cuss at my computer screen when things aren't going as expected. 😜

Or are you looking for someone to figuratively pat your hand and say you are still loved?

EDIT; I just saw your posts in the other thread, T-wolf; that would certainly bring our some choice words if that happened to me! 😱

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

RorrKonn ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 2:33 PM

-Timberwolf- posted at 3:33PM Wed, 02 December 2015 - #4241794

Searching a website, to rant freeley about Poser, without having to irritate Poser fans.

sure at Timberwolf forums.com

============================================================ 

The Artist that will fight for decades to conquer their media.
Even if you never know their name ,your know their Art.
Dark Sphere Mage Vengeance

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 3:03 PM

Boni posted at 3:03PM Wed, 02 December 2015 - #4241965

You could start a blog.

THIS^^

My website

YouTube Channel

JVRenderer ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 4:34 PM

What Boni and Woof said. That way you have full control.

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 02 December 2015 at 4:43 PM

A blog makes the most sense. Using an existing forum you'll run the risk of moderation whereas your own site you have full control and can rant away. Discussion can take place in comments.

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 1:20 PM

WandW posted at 2:18PM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4241970

Why post a rant; I just cuss at my computer screen when things aren't going as expected. 😜

Or are you looking for someone to figuratively pat your hand and say you are still loved?

EDIT; I just saw your posts in the other thread, T-wolf; that would certainly bring our some choice words if that happened to me! 😱

Only problem I have is I cuss at the darned computer and the dog decides it's time to check out the couch in the living room.

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 3:16 PM

Oh, we mustn't scare the dog!!! I've learned to control my verbal temper for that very reason.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

hornet3d ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 3:43 PM

icprncss2 posted at 9:41PM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4242252

WandW posted at 2:18PM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4241970

Only problem I have is I cuss at the darned computer and the dog decides it's time to check out the couch in the living room.

I am glad I am not the only one that has to take the dog into consideration. If I cuss or raise my voice too much he slinks off and does not want to come near me for a good hour or more.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 3:51 PM

I could go for a rant blog. Can we also whine about Daz's failings too?

ghostship2 ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 4:11 PM

kittykat98 posted at 3:11PM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4242291

LOL

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 4:13 PM · edited Thu, 03 December 2015 at 4:13 PM

kittykat98 posted at 11:12PM Thu, 03 December 2015 - #4242291

Everybody needs a place to rant. Some need to rant about ranters, which is completley fine ;)

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 4:54 PM

Kittykat98, ranting to the pirates at the pirate sites you hang out at not cutting it? Chuckle. Quote

"I still hang around the torrent and pirate sites and occasionally make a fuss and remind them of the stuff they won't be getting from me and how they're cutting off the hand that feeds them. I also invite them to make their own content and offer to guide them in content creation."

piersyf ( ) posted Thu, 03 December 2015 at 10:23 PM

I vote for blog too. You could also turn off any comments, so people would dutifully accept your word in silence, oh guru!

Morkonan ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 12:21 AM

/b

kittykat98 ( ) posted Fri, 04 December 2015 at 4:55 PM

EldritchCellar posted at 4:52PM Fri, 04 December 2015 - #4242319

Kittykat98, ranting to the pirates at the pirate sites you hang out at not cutting it? Chuckle. Quote

"I still hang around the torrent and pirate sites and occasionally make a fuss and remind them of the stuff they won't be getting from me and how they're cutting off the hand that feeds them. I also invite them to make their own content and offer to guide them in content creation."

Not a bit. I'm trying to break into the world of professional whining, moaning and complaining. It seems to be quite lucrative. I just read about a sailor who is receiving a medical pension because he complained that the Navy food made him obese.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 5:41 AM

kittykat98 posted at 6:38AM Sat, 05 December 2015 - #4242582

EldritchCellar posted at 4:52PM Fri, 04 December 2015 - #4242319

Not a bit. I'm trying to break into the world of professional whining, moaning and complaining. It seems to be quite lucrative. I just read about a sailor who is receiving a medical pension because he complained that the Navy food made him obese.

Where getting to soft. They should have thrown him over board in the middle of the ocean and ordered him to swim home. All that exercise He'd be in great shape buy the time he got home

kittykat98 ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 11:04 AM

We're getting off topic here but you folks started it...uh, no I guess I did. I spent a year on a Navy helicopter carrier (way back when) and watched what I ate (they have four meals a day and the galley (kitchen) is always open for snacks. When the planes where flying a few of us did laps around the small flight deck. If it was too rough there where exercise bikes and mini-gyms bolted to the deck in many unused corners. You have to be pretty lazy and have no self control to turn into a blob anymore. Military folks (in any country) have to pass a PT test every year and can be ordered by a Doctor to lose weight and get fit or be released from service. I'd like to know this particular clown pulled that off.

dreamcutter ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 1:28 PM

Facebook.

Xatren ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 2:40 PM

Morkonan posted at 2:39PM Sat, 05 December 2015 - #4242398

/b

It'd fit better on /3/.

RorrKonn ( ) posted Sat, 05 December 2015 at 2:40 PM

getting off topic ? it's a rant thread. n who in the heck needs 4 meals a day. stuffed like a turkey humans have no reason to fight ,the starved will fight viciously. hunger is the greatest motivator.

but the Renderosity Poser Forums are not very active anymore ,it's becoming a ghost town.I've been around here for 15+ years never seen it like this. look at strick forums that you can only stay on topic.your see threads with 0, 2or3 replies. no one hangs out at those forums and it's difficult to get help on those forums. pro forums are the worst if they do post it's RTFM.

it use to be here what is this out fit n 10 pages of off topic but every one was here.don't fix it if it ant broke. now ...

artdude41 ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2015 at 7:42 AM

be sure and hand out a few of these when you do start that blog > pastar1.png

hornet3d ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2015 at 10:01 AM

RorrKonn posted at 3:57PM Sun, 06 December 2015 - #4242710

getting off topic ? it's a rant thread. n who in the heck needs 4 meals a day. stuffed like a turkey humans have no reason to fight ,the starved will fight viciously. hunger is the greatest motivator.

but the Renderosity Poser Forums are not very active anymore ,it's becoming a ghost town.I've been around here for 15+ years never seen it like this. look at strick forums that you can only stay on topic.your see threads with 0, 2or3 replies. no one hangs out at those forums and it's difficult to get help on those forums. pro forums are the worst if they do post it's RTFM.

it use to be here what is this out fit n 10 pages of off topic but every one was here.don't fix it if it ant broke. now ...

While I do not like it when forums get very personal I do agree that keeping a thread on track can be counter productive. After all how many discussions do you have with family and friends that stay on a strict topic. It is certainly one reason while the forums are quiet but then people not shopping, shutting accounts and deleting galleries all has an impact as well and, as the forums get quieter, the trend will continue.

I use Poser 13 on Windows 11 - For Scene set up I use a Geekcom A5 -  Ryzen 9 5900HX, with 64 gig ram and 3 TB  storage, mini PC with final rendering done on normal sized desktop using an AMD Ryzen Threadipper 1950X CPU, Corsair Hydro H100i CPU cooler, 3XS EVGA GTX 1080i SC with 11g Ram, 4 X 16gig Corsair DDR4 Ram and a Corsair RM 100 PSU .   The desktop is in a remote location with rendering done via Queue Manager which gives me a clearer desktop and quieter computer room.

chaecuna ( ) posted Sun, 06 December 2015 at 10:31 AM

RorrKonn posted at 5:22PM Sun, 06 December 2015 - #4242710

This is what Renderosity management and staff worked hard to accomplish and their efforts were rewarded by, as Shang Tsung would say, a flawless victory.

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 6:13 AM

The very strange thing is that they MUST see their website dying, and mass exodus etc. but yet seemingly refuse to do anything but stay the course and/or make it worse?

I just don't get it.

For me, the death of RO is going hand-in-hand with the death of my interest in this hobby in general. Without a free and open community to participate in, there is no motivation to keep working at this.

chaecuna ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 6:28 AM

Renderosity forums (which are just a cost) are being deliberately driven into extinction, the Renderosity which economically matters to its owners (the marketplace) appears to be alive and kicking.

@William_the°_bloody: e.g. head to deviantArt.

AmbientShade ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 6:59 AM · edited Mon, 07 December 2015 at 7:00 AM

William_the_Bloody posted at 7:57AM Mon, 07 December 2015 - #4242962

The very strange thing is that they MUST see their website dying, and mass exodus etc. but yet seemingly refuse to do anything but stay the course and/or make it worse?

I just don't get it.

For me, the death of RO is going hand-in-hand with the death of my interest in this hobby in general. Without a free and open community to participate in, there is no motivation to keep working at this.

There is a much more active Poser community at the official poser forum over at rdna. And those that have been allowed to run rampant here, driving off the more productive poserites with their incessant dead horse arguments, don't get the same welcome mats over there.

EldritchCellar ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 9:08 AM

Too many haters in the public spectrum. Just shut up and make your art. Prove something.

wolf359 ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 9:46 AM · edited Mon, 07 December 2015 at 9:55 AM

"my interest in this hobby in general. Without a free and open community to participate in, there is no motivation to keep working at this"

The things that motivate me are: What a client is willing to pay fair price for. And whatever my creatives objective call for me to visualize in CG for FUN!!.

Any notion that there is somehow too much moderation here ,on renderosity, can be easily countered by endless examples here that have nothing to do with the motivations I mentioned above.

But this IMHO, is the result of becoming Emotionally attached to a particular software and the accompanying tribal culture/mentality of the online community of users who share your same attachment to the software.

This orginates from the larger human need for "group affiliation" and the tedious poser VS Daz studio debates replete with personal animosity and deep seated quasi religous hatred of software companies and their advocates, is no Different from what you see in all other areas of human tribal history.

That said I understand the visceral emotional desire to want to "rant" about the current state of poser.

but in the end you are ranting about something over which you have no direct control l( posers feature set)

But we live in a technological Era where you Do have an extraordinary amount of Direct control over which options & tools you choose to aquire& learn to achieve your creative objectives

( IF INDEED YOU ACTUALLY HAVE ANY SUCH CREATIVE OBJECTIVES).

My website

YouTube Channel

hornet3d ( ) posted Mon, 07 December 2015 at 12:35 PM

William_the_Bloody posted at 6:25PM Mon, 07 December 2015 - #4242962

I just don't get it.

I must admit that the death of Rendo has affected me more than I expected it would. I still get a great deal of fun from the hobby but I am doing less renders but spending more time on building the scenes and materials than before. I guess before I used to buy the latest release and immediately use that in a render, these days I buy less and use my runtimes of content already purchased far more. I don't upload many renders either, not since deleting my gallery here. I am spending time on dynamic clothing that I used very little in the past.

Given the forums, the changes to Prime membership and the changes to the site I, like you, cannot understand why Rendo seem hell bent on driving what was a great place into the ground. I read and post far more at RDNA these days and spend all my money elsewhere as well. It is still sad to see the demise though.

Digitell ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2015 at 6:21 PM

Renderosity's forums or website are not dying. This forum is for people to help each other with Poser techniques and information. It is NOT for bashing or arguing! If you do not have anything productive to say ,move on please or we will have no choice but to ban you. Thank you.

moriador ( ) posted Tue, 08 December 2015 at 8:40 PM · edited Tue, 08 December 2015 at 8:41 PM

William_the_Bloody posted at 6:31PM Tue, 08 December 2015 - #4242962

I just don't get it.

Nothing is stopping you, or anyone, from creating your own forums. Free options on the web abound. I do understand why you might not want to do so yourself; after all, I haven't either. But I'm also not going to let the lack of a vibrant forum stop me from enjoying a hobby I've invested so much in.

AS -- I respectfully disagree. Lots of dead horse beating going on over there, which is why I'm posting here for now instead. LOL.

Wolf -- I agree. You don't need to look any further than the sports channel to see how we humans must manufacture divisions and groups -- and how emotional people can become over such artificially created loyalties, emotional enough that they'll riot and kill each other. In comparison, software arguments are extremely tame. But no doubt the emotions comes from the same place.

Seriously, though, if enough of us feel the need for a forum that is less restrictive than the existing ones, why not start one?

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.

Meshbox ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 1:02 AM

There is a Poser reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/poser3d/

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want

chaecuna ( ) posted Wed, 09 December 2015 at 12:47 PM

chikako posted at 7:46PM Wed, 09 December 2015 - #4243300

There is a Poser reddit:

Wow! a place more dead than Renderosity forums!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.