Mon, Sep 9, 4:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 12:17 am)

Subject: Poser Dyn clothing now in Daz Studio

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 2:42 PM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:09 AM

Hi I just ran over to the RMP and used some of My vender credit to buy this script.

Well I am not one take to hyperbole but this is a game changer for me as an animator. Apparently the DS cloth dynamics are way faster than posers and now I can make use of all of the free Dynamic clothing for poser but on genesis models as well as model my own .

Here is a simple test where I imported an ankle length robe I modeled in C4D. And had been using in poser. A simple import and conversion to optitex and 5 min 40 seconds later here is the result of a quick 30 frame animation from the default figure To the morphed posed one.

Very useful and worth the $7.20 USD I paid.

ANABRAN DYNDAZ.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 2:48 PM

Here is the product here in the RMP

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/dyncreator-for-dazstudio/113516/

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 2:50 PM · edited Tue, 09 February 2016 at 2:52 PM

You need to have the Optitex cloth plugin for DS tho, do you not?

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 2:57 PM

Hi if you have at least DS 4.7 you already something called "dynamic clothing" . This script converts .obj files to optitex cloth somehow giving us Native cloth simulation in DS. sale ends today !!!!

My website

YouTube Channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 3:02 PM

Oh, I was under the impression one needed the plugin. Nice indeed :)

Laurie

wolf359 ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 3:06 PM · edited Tue, 09 February 2016 at 3:10 PM

BTW two threads over at the DAZ forums about this product have vanished today so interested parties may wish to secure their purchase in good faith soon...just saying.......

FYI I have no commercial affiliation with this product just excited about getting this ability for my animated genesis figures in DS.

My website

YouTube Channel

Vaskania ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 4:16 PM

LaurieA posted at 2:15PM Tue, 09 February 2016 - #4254124

Oh, I was under the impression one needed the plugin. Nice indeed :)

Laurie

There's a basic plugin that comes free with DS, but you can't achieve the same control as the full paid plugin.

-----sig-----
Daz, Blender, Affinity, Substance, Unity, Python, C#

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 5:50 PM

I purchased dyncreator the other day. Ive been running tests on it most of the day today. Ill have to look into the free poser dynamic clothing.

CyberDream ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 9:30 PM

I've only had one problem so far.

If I turn the figure and clothing upside down, the draping process turns the clothing back to "right side up". Not the effect I was shooting for. It's probably something I'm doing wrong, so if anybody has some ideas I would appreciate it

Cimarron ( ) posted Tue, 09 February 2016 at 11:57 PM

Only had a quick play with it but works like a charm and I'm thrilled with being able to finally use my Poser dynamic cloth in Daz.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 3:33 AM

The script uses a "hack" some of us have known about for a couple of years, problem is that Optitex had a hissy fit when the "hack" was revealed and "demanded" DAZ do something to stop it, so a block was added to 4.7 that stopped the "hack" as is, but with a little knowledge of DSON it was easy to get around, they have since removed the block in 4.8 and 4.9.

The "hack" is still a sore subject over there, and most threads/posts mentioning it tend to vanish, or at least all of mine do.

Mythico ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 3:47 AM

I was just about to say, if Daz Studio suddenly adopts meaningful physics I will jump up and down like a happy sock puppet.

This is a good start, even if it is not real physics cloth just a dynamic cloth hack.

Will this Dyncreator cloth collide with chairs and things?

The only reason I'm at Poser is because of soft body and native physics. Now Poser has to get real time animation record or Puppeteer to keep me. :D

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 8:43 AM

I tried this yesterday on a variety of daz clothing, everything from v4 clothing all the way up to g3f clothing and had mixed results. The v4 clothing worked the best and I was able to achieve some descent draping. When I tried it on g3f clothing, the performance in daz became so slow that it became impractical for me to wait for the results. I imagine it would drape for g3f clothing as well as v4 clothing but at two minutes plus per frame I just couldnt wait for it to complete. Im assuming that the real strength of this script will be for poser dynamic clothing which is fine for me. I spent a couple hours yesterday looking for dynamic clothing and adding it to my wishlist. I agree with Mythico, if Daz ever adds a good physics model it will be fantastic (if not long overdue). This script is a good start. Im so tired of autofit that even the smallest improvement in dynamic clothing for daz is welcome. I hope that lola69 continues to support dyncreator.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 8:59 AM

Check for the smoothing modifier, it's a "cheat" that way to many use on their products, that's what will be slowing you down.

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 9:39 AM

Bejaymac posted at 7:37AM Wed, 10 February 2016 - #4254229

Check for the smoothing modifier, it's a "cheat" that way to many use on their products, that's what will be slowing you down.

Oh, of course. I should of thought of that before. Ill definitely check that. Thanks Bejaymac! I imagine that any HD morphs might also slow things down.

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 11:01 AM

Well, unfortunately my most recent attempt with g3f crashed and I lost it all. However, it was turning out pretty good. I used v7 and the camisole and skirt from the vagabond outfit. Bejaymac's suggestion helped with the time issue. As a matter of fact, I took it a little further. Before converting everything to props, I removed the smoothing modifier, turned resolution level to base resolution, and turned View SubD Level to zero. This improved the both the conversion time and draping time for the items. I let the skirt drape for 51 frames and the camisole for 31 frames. The whole process took under an hour to complete, probably around 45-50 minutes. It crashed when I attempted to increase the draping on the camisole from 31 to 51 frames. I suspect that this may have something to do with the fact that I had it colliding with a skirt prop that I deleted and then replaced at one point for some forgotten reason. Well, off to try again! 😀

Hallowed_Sylph ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 11:41 AM

The new Dynamic Converted offered here does it's job well and while I am getting mixed results with the plug-in , I am learning it and am finding it to be quite entertaining. Dynamics are the only thing from Poser that I really miss when I am using Daz and now with a little work I can have that too !!!

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 12:43 PM

I have some questions as I am still not having great results with this. Alot of really long conversion and draping times.

1. When I load the clothing item, do I want to parent the item to the figure or should it just be fit to the figure?
  2. Assuming that im using a clothing item made for the figure im working with, do I still need to edit the rigging for the clothing?

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 2:02 PM · edited Wed, 10 February 2016 at 2:02 PM

I love it, am concerned Optitex will make DAZ block it but until then am having fun I added a smoothing modifier before freezing and after to an obj export reimport for this as it worked better an much faster than converting to prop

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 2:07 PM

Ok, starting to figure out more stuff about it. Heres a test result. Dynamic Test.jpg

HassenBenSobar ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 2:09 PM

I love it, am concerned Optitex will make DAZ block it but until then am having fun I added a smoothing modifier before freezing and after to an obj export reimport for this as it worked better an much faster than converting to prop

Thats great! Any hints or knowledge you could share would be most appreciated.

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 2:34 PM

HassenBenSobar posted at 8:23PM Wed, 10 February 2016 - #4254277

I have some questions as I am still not having great results with this. Alot of really long conversion and draping times.

1. When I load the clothing item, do I want to parent the item to the figure or should it just be fit to the figure?
  2. Assuming that im using a clothing item made for the figure im working with, do I still need to edit the rigging for the clothing?

From my short play of the script the other day it only works on props, so "fitting to" and rigging wont come into it, and without a rig means you will need to parent it to the figure before running an animated drape.

Wendy I wouldn't worry about them blocking it, they tried that with DS4.7 back when this hack was first discovered, some of us figured out ways around it and they removed the block after that.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 3:54 PM

well I just had a post from yesterday modded by them so they are certainly actively combing the forum removing all traces. Which makes me uneasy, but the cat is out the bag IMO

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

Bejaymac ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 5:14 PM

Nothing unusual in that from my end, almost every post I've made about the hack has been deleted, and it's been like that for nearly 22 months now.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Wed, 10 February 2016 at 8:51 PM
Cimarron ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 12:27 AM

That's great Wendy:)

Cimarron ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 12:28 AM

wendyvainity posted at 1:28AM Thu, 11 February 2016 - #4254294

Fantastic Wendy..hope they don't block it as I'm having so much fun with it too:)

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 8:38 AM · edited Thu, 11 February 2016 at 8:42 AM

**"From my short play of the script the other day it only works on props, so "fitting to" and rigging wont come into it, and without a rig means you will need to parent it to the figure before running an animated drape.

Wendy I wouldn't worry about them blocking it, they tried that with DS4.7 back when this hack was first discovered, some of us figured out ways around it and they removed the block after that."**

Hi, actually I am using 4.7 with is script (probably a latter build)

My experience has been such that you should use high quality,single grouped, dynamic clothing props with high vertex counts and triangulated. DS has built in tools to subdivide& trangulate your imported meshes.

I personally avoid trying to convert previously built conformers to dynamics because of different grouping as seams & such. Really long robes are still a problem with walk cycles in the area of poke through but poser suffer the same issue for us animators in this regard .

Here is a still render of the genesis 2 female a 30 frame animation where she starts in the T-pose with her default shape and morphs into the pose& shape over 30 frames. The tunic dress is a freebie for V4 from Sharecg.

On a side note its a shame that Maxon Cinema4D is at R17 and costs $3700 USD and still can not do basic clothing draping like this (but I digress).

TALIA-DYNCREATOR.jpg

My website

YouTube Channel

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 7:11 PM

all the lovely Rendo dynamic clothing for Poser is suddenly looking very attractive

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

PendraiaFaeCreations ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 10:51 PM

Only just discovered this...can anyone remember the fix for using scaled clothing in the Dynamic tab? I managed this by exporting and reimporting an object but from memory there was a way it could be done. coming ready or not.jpg

LaurieA ( ) posted Thu, 11 February 2016 at 11:24 PM

Hmm..guess I should put my Angela dynamic dresses back up...

Laurie

DollyGirl ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 12:37 AM

pendraia posted at 11:34PM Thu, 11 February 2016 - #4254587

Only just discovered this...can anyone remember the fix for using scaled clothing in the Dynamic tab? I managed this by exporting and reimporting an object but from memory there was a way it could be done.

Here is Simon's explination and tutorial: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/40199/tips-and-tricks-of-daz-studio-optitex-dynamic-clothes/p1

Bejaymac ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 6:21 AM

@ wolf359, there were a couple of public builds for 4.7, so odds are you're using one of the pre block versions, either that or this script uses a method to get around the block.

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2879971

That's the link to the original thread on the "hack", the PoC data is in the first post, you can ignore most of the rest of that thread as it turns into the Stan & Razor e-peen show.

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 11:34 AM · edited Fri, 12 February 2016 at 11:36 AM

Thanks wolf359 for the heads up. I just bought Dyncreator and it worked in my DS4.8.

So weird seeing my own custom dress draping onto Genesis inside DS viewport... Never dreamed it was possible!

wolf359 posted at 11:21AM Fri, 12 February 2016 - #4254399

I personally avoid trying to convert previously built conformers to dynamics because of different grouping as seams & such.

I seem to recall DS dynamic clothing are themselves "semi" conformers...

I just check out Dynamic Clothing Control product page

One of the pics seem to show (surface/mat) groupings as "Layers"

If that means different rigid/ soft weighting per group, that would be sweet!

Anyone here has the Dynamic Clothing Control? What those "Layers" do really?

I may finally have a good reason to buy this wish list item after all this time

On a side note its a shame that Maxon Cinema4D is at R17 and costs $3700 USD and still can not do basic clothing draping like this (but I digress).

Oh no digressing at all.

Sometimes I do wonder with my crazy time+$$$$ investment in DS/Poser/iClone/Carrara is better spent on a do it all tool like C4D...

Now you make me feel better !!!

😅

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 12 February 2016 at 4:47 PM

I would definitely say that it works ;).

Laurie

Dynamic-DS.jpg

Madbat ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 6:46 AM

I just picked this script up, but i've never used cloth dynamics in Daz before. Is there a quick rundown on it anywhere that someone can recommend? There's a couple of drapey things I want to use this for that suck rocks using autofit.

siluria01 ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 7:50 AM

If it is of any help, I did a couple of tutorials on using the 'old' dynamic clothing in Daz which are here: http://siluria.deviantart.com/gallery/51963496/3D-tutorials

As well as a simple workflow I used to get a V4 conforming dress to drape on G3F

If you follow the instructions in Dyncreator you will need to know some of this too

siluria01 ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 7:56 AM

I suspect the reason any mention of this gets removed from the DS forums is that Daz pay a license to Optitex to use their dynamics, and someone has bypassed that and in doing so produced an even better system.

Madbat ( ) posted Sun, 14 February 2016 at 8:20 AM

Thanks! That covers it nicely.

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Mon, 15 February 2016 at 1:43 PM
fictionalbookshelf ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 10:55 AM · edited Tue, 16 February 2016 at 10:55 AM

I have never used dynamic anything either but I quickly picked up this script. I took me about 5 seconds to figure it out. I did a quick test draping a small grid over a mouse. I think this script is amazing.

d1.jpg

My Store & My Freebies

evilded777 ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 2:32 PM

I picked this up, it was neat to try some of the Poser dynamics I had laying around... they didn't all work so well, but the basic idea is there.

What I wonder is: why don't more people use the dynamics in Studio? The basic plugin is free and there's pages of free content available... Optix Freebies

WendyLuvsCatz ( ) posted Tue, 16 February 2016 at 11:22 PM

damn its crazy, people keep asking about this on DAZ forum and if anyone has asked before I say yes they have but best ask over here and get modded for that even. on a lighter note I bought two Poser Dynamic dresses with my 10% off coupie today cannot wait to try with this and maybe in Poser too to compare.

YouTube Channel

Dreaming Kitty Channel

Tom R. Toe

My ArtyFarty AI channel

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 26 February 2016 at 6:42 PM

evilded777 posted at 7:41PM Fri, 26 February 2016 - #4255361

I picked this up, it was neat to try some of the Poser dynamics I had laying around... they didn't all work so well, but the basic idea is there.

What I wonder is: why don't more people use the dynamics in Studio? The basic plugin is free and there's pages of free content available... Optix Freebies

Some people want to use the meshes they've made themselves or in Marvelous Designer (which drape really well I might add). :)

Laurie

Cabiria999 ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 11:58 AM

Hello, I have bought the plugin and experimented a bit with it, following the pdf tutorial (the biscuits cardigan on G2F). Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the point when it says: "Go to frame 0 and transform your conforming cloth in a prop." If I select Figure --> Rigging, I don't have the "Convert Figure to Prop" option in the cascade menu. I have also tried to contact the vendor via sitemail, but obtained no reply. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

LaurieA ( ) posted Tue, 01 March 2016 at 12:23 PM

If you do it like you do in Poser (starting from a zero pose and going to the pose you want after 30 or so frames) you'll be fine.

Laurie

Cabiria999 ( ) posted Thu, 03 March 2016 at 3:53 AM · edited Thu, 03 March 2016 at 3:55 AM

LaurieA posted at 10:51AM Thu, 03 March 2016 - #4258542

If you do it like you do in Poser (starting from a zero pose and going to the pose you want after 30 or so frames) you'll be fine.

Laurie

Thanks for your reply, Laurie. But my problem is that in this way I'm not using the script at all..

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 07 March 2016 at 12:41 PM · edited Mon, 07 March 2016 at 12:42 PM

Cabiria999 posted at 1:39PM Mon, 07 March 2016 - #4258533

Hello, I have bought the plugin and experimented a bit with it, following the pdf tutorial (the biscuits cardigan on G2F). Unfortunately, I'm stuck at the point when it says: "Go to frame 0 and transform your conforming cloth in a prop." If I select Figure --> Rigging, I don't have the "Convert Figure to Prop" option in the cascade menu. I have also tried to contact the vendor via sitemail, but obtained no reply. Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

you may have to customize your menu and manually add the menu option.

forgot which layout, i had to manually add menu items

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

marble ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2016 at 4:10 AM · edited Sat, 02 April 2016 at 4:12 AM

Cabiria999 posted at 10:04AM Sat, 02 April 2016 - #4258533

I found it under Figure > Rigging but not from the Edit menu in the top menu bar but in the Edit menu in the scene drop-down menu.

I have another issue though - I'm wondering if this scripts works at all with my setup. I have DS 4.9, Mac 64 bit version. I get to the stage where I run the script and have a Prop_dyn in my scene but the Dynamic Clothing plugin (paid-for version) refuses to see it as dynamic cloth. It just does not see any clothing in the scene at all.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.33.png

jpiat ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2016 at 3:11 PM

So far, so good. I use the dynamic plug-in (yes I have buyed it a long ago...) and most of my render use optitex dynamic clothes. My workflow : Posing the conforming item (here stocking obviously) => Send to hexagon => Tweek the surface => Save as obj => Import into daz Studio => Convert to dynamic => Ajust the scale to 99.9% (It's solve my exploding simulation problem) => Ajust the panel property inside the optitex plug in => Simulate.

The result (I want to create a loosen effect)

DynPlug.JPG

boudicca36 ( ) posted Sat, 02 April 2016 at 8:56 PM

marble posted at 8:52PM Sat, 02 April 2016 - #4263774

Cabiria999 posted at 10:04AM Sat, 02 April 2016 - #4258533

I found it under Figure > Rigging but not from the Edit menu in the top menu bar but in the Edit menu in the scene drop-down menu.

I have another issue though - I'm wondering if this scripts works at all with my setup. I have DS 4.9, Mac 64 bit version. I get to the stage where I run the script and have a Prop_dyn in my scene but the Dynamic Clothing plugin (paid-for version) refuses to see it as dynamic cloth. It just does not see any clothing in the scene at all.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.48.png

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 09.46.33.png

Try "unparenting" the prop. For dynamic cloth in my edition of 4.6 the cloth must not be parented to anything.

I don't recall atm if it's applicable, however for several additional plugins, everytime we get an updated D/S, we also have to find and run an updated plugin. After closing/opening D/S [i.e. refreshing it], if the plugin is not working possibly an update needs to be found. [says she hoping it works on a mac, I use W]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.