Fri, Sep 20, 11:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Share your VWD Renders!

3DFineries ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2016 at 9:04 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:46 AM

I'm so happy this little forum has grown so quick & that everyone is participating & helping each other out. Now this is what it's all about! With that said, let's all share our renders! I'll start....

Moon Dancer (used VWD on the top skirt). moondance1.jpg

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2016 at 5:07 PM

Damn, that's great.

Jennyver ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2016 at 4:35 PM

Render 3.jpg My Second Try with VWD (My Poser Exp. is a little rusty, normaly DS User)

wimvdb ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2016 at 6:09 PM · edited Mon, 06 June 2016 at 6:10 PM

I have a number of VWD renders in my gallery:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/dragonlady/2681290/

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/spring-time/2678254/

and another one which contains nudity: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/pinup-1/2678166/

Writers_Block ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2016 at 7:36 AM

Two in my much neglected Deviant Art gallery. The Hair was done with VWD; they are of the same character, just a different camera angle.

http://fav.me/da4boh3

http://fav.me/da4bohd

Biscuits ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2016 at 2:03 PM
3DFineries ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2016 at 6:03 PM

Love, love them all! Keep them coming!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 5:21 AM · edited Thu, 09 June 2016 at 5:24 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Beauties at Rest.jpg

Beauties at Rest. (With a B&W version on Deviant Art: http://fav.me/da5k84t )

Hair was done in VWD; it is brilliant for it btw. :)

Used Daz Studio and Blender; the sheet was draped in Blender. Haven't yet tried it in VWD, but I will.

3DFineries ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 5:31 AM

Nice Writer's Block! I have yet to try to drape hair....

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 6:01 PM

Love that image Biscuits

Biscuits ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 3:31 PM

Thank you!

Great to see all those vwd images!! Wonderful!

hairtestvwd.jpg

A test with a longer hair made for VWD.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 3:55 AM

Here's one of mine (resized) I still need to find the right setting(s), to make the wrinkles/folds less "tube-y" looking (like on the bended arm), as I still find them a bit to round and to big on their radius. I want them to be kind of thinner, with a smaller radius (If that makes any sense) =D

740-Stance-XI-ALT-II-_Ibs.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 11:23 AM

Catraoine - Blinded by the Light

Catraoine - Blinded by the Light.jpg

Dynamics on the hair and dress.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 11:31 AM

ErickL88 posted at 5:30PM Sat, 11 June 2016 - #4272132

Here's one of mine (resized) I still need to find the right setting(s), to make the wrinkles/folds less "tube-y" looking (like on the bended arm), as I still find them a bit to round and to big on their radius. I want them to be kind of thinner, with a smaller radius (If that makes any sense) =D

Looks good.

Maybe try less stiffening.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 9:22 AM

Thank you for all these marvelous images. For me, it is a great pleasure to see renderings with VWD elements. Thank you again.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 12:21 PM

Hello,

Bravo for all your renders!

And here is my last one. An old Victoria 4 dynamic clothe (Oriental Dream) on Genesis 2. 5 simulations without any problems in VWD. In the poser clothe room I didn't had any success. It's also with using the plug for DS4 by Phil

Mariko.jpg

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2016 at 6:12 PM

@All : Thank you for these wonderful renderings. Now, I know why I wrote VWD !!

@ErickL88 : The stiffness of a cloth depends on its mesh and the springs. To reduce the stiffness of a cloth, you can :

• Reduce the distance of generation of the springs,
  • Increase the softness of the springs,
  • Subdivide the mesh.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2016 at 11:31 AM

Ah, ok ... I'll try that next time. Thanks for the tips and trick :D

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 2:12 AM

Great renders everyone.

Here's one from me, but it only has two elements utilizing VWD. The pants, and the belt. Both are conforming clothes objects, but were done in two different draping sessions. The pants are single dynamic mesh, and an animated drape was used. The belt is comprised of separate meshes, and was added after for a quick static drape.

r_Composite03.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 4:20 PM

Liking the renders, and also very glad VWD is happy he wrote the app. :) Working on another, but have run into a problem on the texture I'm customising

Writers_Block ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2016 at 6:11 PM

WIP.jpg Not what I was working on, but was testing out some hair; anyone any experience at 'unmatting' matted hair? Or just easier to start again; I'm thinking the start again option to be better.

piersyf ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2016 at 6:04 AM

V3 teddy, VWD.jpg

Took an old item of clothing for V3, ran it through Xdresser 4, then ran it through VWD's cloth sim...

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 18 June 2016 at 10:48 AM

Nice render. Dressed to Kill.jpg

OK, decided to turn it into a render, entitle: Dressed to Kill.

3DFineries ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2016 at 5:44 AM

Absolutely fantastic renders everyone!

Have a creative day!

My Lil' Store

0oseven ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 6:53 PM · edited Tue, 05 July 2016 at 6:58 PM

My interest in VWD is to enhance animations - when it works, its quite easy to get results like this. Rendered in Carrara 8.5 with Philamo's plugin

Anothr VWD Cloth Sim Test from m d on Vimeo.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2016 at 11:16 AM

Oh this is killing me!!!! All these teasing, jaw dropping renders!!! I can't wait for this to be released; to breathe new life into my extensive, but now abandoned V4 library, and to see clothes and hair look so much more natural!!!! I'm so excited and I hope you guys will upload more renders! <3

tomyee ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2016 at 7:38 PM

@Ashfire45 Released? You can buy it today... (seriously, you can buy it right now)

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2016 at 3:52 AM

Aw, you got me so excited, and then I realized 'wait, Tomyee probably means the Poser version!' XD I'm a Daz Studio user, so I'm waiting on that being released! :(

Smaker1 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2016 at 12:13 PM

@Ashfire45: VWD is an external plug-in working with Poser (Natively) and DS4 (using the plug-in developped by Phil). So you need to buy VWD (light or complete version depending of your needs) and then the plug for DS4 when it will be available. Same for Carrara : VWD + the plug.

If you have Poser you can made a scene in DS4 export to Poser, made the simu with VWD in Poser and then come back to DS4. Of course the plug from Phil will simplify all these! When you are in VWD it's the same either you are coming from Poser or DS4 or Carrara. So you could already master the beast :-)

Don't worry, the investment is worth.

About V4 clothes on Genesis 2 or 3 here is one: (Gaia dress on G3F)

Gaia-5LR.jpg

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2016 at 12:35 PM

Smaker1 posted at 6:30PM Sun, 10 July 2016 - #4275273

@Ashfire45: VWD is an external plug-in working with Poser (Natively) and DS4 (using the plug-in developped by Phil). So you need to buy VWD (light or complete version depending of your needs) and then the plug for DS4 when it will be available. Same for Carrara : VWD + the plug.

If you have Poser you can made a scene in DS4 export to Poser, made the simu with VWD in Poser and then come back to DS4. Of course the plug from Phil will simplify all these! When you are in VWD it's the same either you are coming from Poser or DS4 or Carrara. So you could already master the beast :-)

Gaia-5LR.jpg

OH! I see! So I'll be purchasing the program by itself and then the plug in when it comes out! Sounds expensive, but as you said... Completely worth it! Can I ask where I can buy the actual stand alone program? And if I'll be able to export from Daz Studio using it?

Also.... That render!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!! <3 I can't express how jaw dropping this is! I mean, the lighting and composition is absolutely lovely - but the way that the clothes are sitting on her... Goodbye, auto-fit, lol! Absolutely sensational! <3 If I wasn't dying to get a hold of this before, I really am now!

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2016 at 1:15 PM

Smaker1 posted at 7:15PM Sun, 10 July 2016 - #4275273

Gaia-5LR.jpg

Outstanding. :)

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 2:02 AM

Hello,

thanks for your kind comments 😄

@Ashfire: you can buy VWD here at Renderosity. There are now two versions: a "light" one for static renders and a "complete" one for animations. As I have the "complete" I don't know all the differences. Read the informations on the two products to find what's the best for you If you have Poser you can already use VWD, I made standard obj export from DS4 to Poser and then go back to DS4 with simulated clothes imported (I don't do animation renders). As I'm testing the beta version of Philemot DS4 Plug in: it's far more efficient. It will be a must buy for DS4/VWD users !!

Don't say good buy to autofit it still has it's use!! With dynamic simulation the fun part is to find the best way to do it and it depends of the clothe, the pose, the character,..... But I agree with you that I don't use autofit anymore for long dress :-) I talk about dress (V4) not made for the character (Genesis3F)

VWD is not, like all clothe simulators, a one click solution but it's the best one and the more efficient to tests new scenarii. I thinks that I use only 10% of the tool.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 2:15 AM

Smaker1 posted at 8:13AM Mon, 11 July 2016 - #4275338

Hello,

thanks for your kind comments 😄

@Ashfire: you can buy VWD here at Renderosity. There are now two versions: a "light" one for static renders and a "complete" one for animations. As I have the "complete" I don't know all the differences. Read the informations on the two products to find what's the best for you If you have Poser you can already use VWD, I made standard obj export from DS4 to Poser and then go back to DS4 with simulated clothes imported (I don't do animation renders). As I'm testing the beta version of Philemot DS4 Plug in: it's far more efficient. It will be a must buy for DS4/VWD users !!

Don't say good buy to autofit it still has it's use!! With dynamic simulation the fun part is to find the best way to do it and it depends of the clothe, the pose, the character,..... But I agree with you that I don't use autofit anymore for long dress :-) I talk about dress (V4) not made for the character (Genesis3F)

VWD is not, like all clothe simulators, a one click solution but it's the best one and the more efficient to tests new scenarii. I thinks that I use only 10% of the tool.

I only use G3F, well rarely G2, and they are all much more natural.

With regards to which version of VWD to get, I don't do animations, but I am still glad I bought the animation version. I exported animations back and sometimes if I only want one image, chose the one that looks best.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 2:35 AM

I don't know if the lite version can import animation, make the simu and then only do a static export. If not: the complete is mandatory because making animation simulation even for static render is one of my scenario

Personally, I don't do global animation exports from VWD because I systematically make some drape adjustments on one frame (generally the last one) so I export only this frame (static). If it's not the last frame (rarelly) I go in DS4 on the same frame.

But there are so many roads to Rome :-)

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 3:24 AM

Indeed.

I run the simulation, then work each one if I 'm after a number of the poses; it is possible to export more than one static pose at a time, just duplicate node hierarchies in Daz, and rename it; then on to the next.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 9:31 AM

Not sure to follow you Writer: you are doing multiple exports from VWD? and rename the -VWD object?

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2016 at 1:11 PM · edited Mon, 11 July 2016 at 1:14 PM

Smaker1 posted at 7:05PM Mon, 11 July 2016 - #4275382

Not sure to follow you Writer: you are doing multiple exports from VWD? and rename the -VWD object?

If I do an animation (as an example 30 frames); once I'm happy with the poses I want, I send it to Daz.

In Daz I Edit>Duplicate>Duplicate Node Hierarchies. This must be done before sending another pose as the previous one will be lost.

I then remame the duplicate (eg: I want to keep frames 5, 9, 15, 22 and 25); this is in part to avoid confuse and so it makes sense to me, but also I don't want 'VWD' lieing around needlessly. :)

I'll rename it and put the frame number in the name to show what positioin it was.

When renaming, I also use 'VeeWDed' in the name to be sure I know what it is.

Example: VictoriaSitting-VeeWDed-pose05, VictoriaSitting-VeeWDed-pose09, VictoriaSitting-VeeWDed-pose15 etc.

It seems that VWD is used as an identifier by VWD, so I make sure to avoid those three letters anywhere, and especially at the end of the name. Just in case.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2016 at 2:39 AM

OK thanks Writer! I think that this process could be useful for me also . I never used the Duplicate Node Hierarchy function as plenty of tools in DS4.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2016 at 1:54 AM

Yes, thank you, Writers_Block, for the heads up on Duplicate Node. This is far better than my work-arounds.

Since I just started using DS4.9 to use the VWD_DS Bridge, i did not know they implemented it into DS. It was something I was wanting for many years.

I just tried today, and it works great. Thanks again.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2016 at 8:05 AM

I actually have a question for you all! Are any of you aware of using XNALara to import models extracted from games? Some Daz artists use this to get more hair options... For instance, these:

http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/gallery/47851035/Hair-Female

My question is - I'm sure you can see where this is going - would it be possible to use VWD to make these morphless obj. files act like actual hair? >.>

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2016 at 12:17 PM

Summoner by DM

An animation I posted in wrong thread.

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 4:32 AM

Ashfire45:

You should be able to use those the same as any prop hair. I have XNALara, and some of those hair props. I will give it a test, and let you know in a couple of days.

Here is another NPR render from me from DAZ Studio, and VWD. Hair, pants, and belt all simulated in VWD:

MA001_NPR01.jpg

tomyee ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 8:36 AM

Love the NPR render! Is that some kind of toon shader that comes with Daz Studio?

3doutlaw ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2016 at 8:49 AM

Ashfire45 posted at 9:47AM Thu, 21 July 2016 - #4276380

I actually have a question for you all! Are any of you aware of using XNALara to import models extracted from games? Some Daz artists use this to get more hair options... For instance, these:

http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/gallery/47851035/Hair-Female

My question is - I'm sure you can see where this is going - would it be possible to use VWD to make these morphless obj. files act like actual hair? >.>

The mesh.ascii format can be converted using Blender to OBJ...then you can import and use that. The importer may be a addon/plugin for Blender, but I've done it many times, its pretty simple.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2016 at 1:33 AM

tomyee:

Yes, and no. It is a composite of approximately 20 layers that utilizes both DS default toon shader and OpenGL toon shading render along with ToonyCam Pro Line work, and some outside post-work.

Ashfire45 and 3doutlaw:

You can export directly to OBJ from XNALara as well.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 11:45 PM

I was not satisfied by long hair simulations. I just tried a new method which improves the simulation. Tell me if this method seems better for you. Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JXXclWqjAQ

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Sat, 30 July 2016 at 11:46 PM

I will do a video tutorial to explain this method.

Ashfire45 ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2016 at 4:31 AM · edited Sun, 31 July 2016 at 4:32 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 10:30AM Sun, 31 July 2016 - #4277990

I was not satisfied by long hair simulations. I just tried a new method which improves the simulation. Tell me if this method seems better for you. Here is the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JXXclWqjAQ

I absolutely adore this hair and am really, really looking forward to using it in VWD; it animates so beautifully in your video and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing that tutorial! =D

EDIT: It occurs to me, was this animated in Daz Studio or Poser?

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 1:23 AM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 1:18AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4277990

This simulation has been made using a new method to animate long hair. The top of the hair uses a rigidification by neighbourhood and the bottom of the hair uses a rigidification by extension. A video tutorial will be made to explain this method.

By 'Neighbourhood' do you mean fall off distance?

Having finer gradient between pinned and unpinned mesh area is always good, for hair, or even clothing.

The lack of easy to implement fall off control was the key shortcoming of DS Dynamic Clothing Control (and Carrara Bullet soft which uses tedious vertex selection to compensate).

The video shows off very good simulation fidelity, as all your videos and animation choices do!

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 5:14 AM

Mythico posted at 11:12AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4278108

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 1:18AM Mon, 01 August 2016 - #4277990

This simulation has been made using a new method to animate long hair. The top of the hair uses a rigidification by neighbourhood and the bottom of the hair uses a rigidification by extension. A video tutorial will be made to explain this method.

By 'Neighbourhood' do you mean fall off distance?

Having finer gradient between pinned and unpinned mesh area is always good, for hair, or even clothing.

The lack of easy to implement fall off control was the key shortcoming of DS Dynamic Clothing Control (and Carrara Bullet soft which uses tedious vertex selection to compensate).

The video shows off very good simulation fidelity, as all your videos and animation choices do!

The two methods of rigidification are under vertex groups. Neighbourhood is for parts that are not connected, so useful for hair: the upper parts, and say making sure buttons stay where they are supposed to and not drop on the floor. Vertex Extension is a direct connection between vertices; a simple example is a cube, where they are all connected.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2016 at 5:16 AM · edited Mon, 01 August 2016 at 5:16 AM

I've been experimenting with the two different methods. And yes, they look better in renders too. I'll post a render later.

Much later as I leave the house in a few.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.