Mon, Sep 9, 4:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Are people still using V4?

McGrandpa ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2016 at 5:59 AM

@ TrekkieGrrrl - Using mostly V4/M4/K4, still a few A3, TY2 and even some G2F. I am a Poser user. Have PP 2014 and PP 11 installed. I do still buy some things for the Generation 4 Figures. I also use the Millennium Animals.

My 66th Birthday PC Build (July 1, 2020) :  named BadMoonRYZEN!, W10Pro x64, Octal Core RYZEN7 X3700 4.05 GHz, 64GB DDR4 RAM, GeForce RTX 3060 - 12GB GDDR6, PP2014, PP 11, P12, PS-CS4 Extended & Vue 2024.

McG.

WandW ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 11:05 AM · edited Fri, 10 June 2016 at 11:06 AM

TrekkieGrrrl posted at 11:53AM Fri, 10 June 2016 - #4270954

Thanks for all the replies.

I am NOT going to install DS. No hard feelings other than it just don't want to run properly on my computer, while Poser (10, I guess it is) does just fine.

Good to see you back in The Fray! 😍

You don't NEED to install Studio to use Genesis 1 and 2; DAZ has a free DSON Importer that allows them to be loaded into Poser. Products that are directly loadable come with Poser Companion Files (CF's) and they show up in the Poser library. Many do not include them, but can be added using D3D's DSON Loader script (this requires the DAZ DSON Importer to be installed.) Some brought in the latter way work well, others do not. You often have to adjust materials, and sometimes normals are backwards; Studio must not be as picky about them as Poser.

Joe Public has a post on converting an imported Genesis figure into a native Poser figure; I ignored the "speed" part and it still works well, but I have lots of memory. The same procedure works on Genesis 2 as well...

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/?thread_id=2874212

Have Fun! 😺

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Wisdom of bagginsbill:

"Oh - the manual says that? I have never read the manual - this must be why."
“I could buy better software, but then I'd have to be an artist and what's the point of that?"
"The [R'osity Forum Search] 'Default' label should actually say 'Don't Find What I'm Looking For'".
bagginsbill's Free Stuff... https://web.archive.org/web/20201010171535/https://sites.google.com/site/bagginsbill/Home

Suucat ( ) posted Fri, 10 June 2016 at 9:36 PM

Are people still using V4?

Yes, i do, im not going to use Genesis stuff, it slows my computer way too much. (I do not like DS)

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 3:40 AM

I still use the V4-WM (PoserPlace version) exclusively for this hobby. Even tho, I'd really like to use the "HD Morphs and Features" from this newer figure, but as long as there's no real "converter" thingy, to get my current V4 shapes into it, including all the image maps, I'll stay there.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 8:13 AM

Ah, I've read abut it. Thanks for the reminder. Then, once transferred to Gen2, is there a bridge from this, to Gen3?

Sorry for going off-topic.

ErickL88 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 9:10 AM

Hehe, ok. Thank you, wolf359.

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:43 AM · edited Sat, 11 June 2016 at 10:44 AM

I use V4 in Poser and DS for the newest figures. The right tool for the right job ;). It's just the path of least resistance. This way I don't feel slighted at not being able to use all the new shinies ;)

Laurie

ghostship2 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2016 at 12:15 PM

wolf359 posted at 11:14AM Sat, 11 June 2016 - #4272147

No GENX support for G3 but I care not as G3 is USELESS to we who animate???

I don't use Daz Studio so I don't know anything about how G3 works. What exactly is the issue getting her to animate?

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2016 at 8:29 AM · edited Sun, 12 June 2016 at 8:35 AM

wolf359 posted at 9:22AM Sun, 12 June 2016 - #4272198

Terrence seriously, I have alot of respect for you and you are a

very talented content producer for STILL art.

But My and Daz user Ivy's& "BigH" and others opinions

are based on actual years of experience animating Daz

Figures ( with available online links to prove it)

While your opinion on G3's usefullness to real world
DAZ/Poser animators, using the Current tool set within Daz studio is entirely theoretical and not supported by those self identified animators within the DAZ studio user community.

"wolf's comment comes from the fact that in order to use the

figure with his current tools he would have to set up the facial

rigging for the figure which he stated in another thread that

he refuses to do, as there is no tool from iclone to do it for him. "

Actually for my lipsinc I recently began to use mimic 3 Pro on G1-G2 Figures by exporting them to poser Cr2's and loading those CR2's to the session manger and generating animated pose files for them that work in Daz studio.

A bit if a kludge I confess but gets the job done better than the 32 bit only lipsinc plugin within DS.

The face rig is the least of the problems The problem is locomotion ( walking running)motions created within daz studio.

I challenge anyone here to make a simple animation of a G3 figure walking across a floor using ONLY the existing tools within Daz studio G's3 Native Program such as aniMate2.

Not $$Iclone$$ after manually bone mapping the facial rig to an Iclone nonstandard retargeting rig , Not the expensive Vicon optical mocap System used the by My Ultra talented Collegue "SKAmotion" to create the sexy walk G3 promo at is launch ( which took him weeks according to his own statements).

I can create animation with G3 with a lot of manual work but that is not very logical since the figure brings nothing new to the Scifi based visual story telling I prefer to do. And is a huge workflow step backwards for Deadline oriented Forensic paid Client work here in the New york tri state market.

Imagine if Auto fit did not work with G3 and DAZ 's only response was to accuse Content creators of Laziness because of their refusal to revert back to a year 2003 workflow of manual rigging every new item.

And yes Dragonstorm has released a G2 to G3 animated pose converter but recently had to publicly admit to potential customers in a thread that the random popping& jerking in the converted animation was due to the pointlessly exotic rigging of G3.

" Facial rigging has benefits with displaying emotion in animation, and would help his animations immensely as his current animations display very little emotion aside from eye movements"

Fair enough as I have put work online for people to see and critique but facial rigging can not be shown to be superior to morphs ( links please??)

But I will let the readers decide if the G2 Characters in this clip look more than a little stoic at the appearance of the menacing dreadnought.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2TYEp536iB8TURicWZqQTNwWGc

Pixar quality?? Nope not with DS & and eight year old version of Maxon Cinema4D rendered on a nine year old Mac computer( long story)

But I would love to see any samples of the Genesis 3 Figures walking and talking, looking mildly Scared, made using ther native tools of their Program.

As I said before we had this conversation before and genesis 3 does work. And I showed you the link showing a genesis 3 animation in iclone including how the person set it up, so I'm not sure why you even said it doesn't work. You simply don't want to adjust your workflow to use the new figure. But the bottom line is really this: if you're going to present yourself as an animator, then you should be doing the things people expect of an animator, or you shouldn't present yourself as such. Professional animators have no problems rigging their meshes to include facial bones, even without utilities present to do so, not moan about not being able to do so when the tools in iclone are right there. You are a hobbyist like the rest of us here, nothing more nothing less otherwise you'd be showing your work on the cinema4D forums or somewhere else, not pretending to be superior in a poser forum when your animations really are at the hobbyist level. If don't want to adjust your workflow to make things work like I do when I'm using different renderers and figures, that's fine, but please don't spread misinformation about what doesn't work when it was presented to you personally a month ago. And the search took less than 5 minutes on youtube with the keywords genesis 3 and iclone.

With that, let's steer this back on topic.

3Dave ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2016 at 2:18 PM

Hi to TrekkieGrrrl, nice to see you're back (been away for myself for a little while) to answer your question, I'm another who stuck with V4 and M4, they still do everything I need them to do. Tac for knife and bloons too!

adosity ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2016 at 1:41 AM

I still use Victoria 4 (and Michael 4) all the time. Simple reason: there is a ton of content for these and I am but an amateur. There was a brief moment where Genesis attracted my attention, but when that was swiftly followed up by new, and then newer still, models I was quite convinced that I wasn't interested in models that would perhaps see only a year or so of developer attention and would end up with half a dozen outfits which I would perhaps be interested in.

I appreciate that some of the newer models are objectively better in some respects, and would, if rendered without too many adjustments, give amateurs like me a better result than old Victoria would - but I remind myself that, like with photography, the limiting factor is far more often the user than the tools.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2016 at 5:42 AM

[adosity]..... - but I remind myself that, like with photography, the limiting factor is far more often the user than the tools.

Well said. I belong to another forum where we're having a V3 render contest. Many of the renders are better than stuff I've seen done with Genesis 3. These are people who have taken the time to learn the software and get the best from it.

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2016 at 6:11 AM · edited Wed, 15 June 2016 at 6:12 AM

I realize this is a heated issue and there is evidence to back both positions ... but 1. this is not following the original OP and 2. this is getting very close to being a software war ... so shall we pull back our over enthusiasm for our stand and take a deep breath here?

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2016 at 12:14 PM · edited Wed, 15 June 2016 at 12:15 PM

Boni,

I hope you didn't take my last post as a jab at Daz3D. I use both Poser and Daz, loving and hating both of them for different (and sometimes the same) reasons. Here's my last post modified to make it software neutral....

[adosity]..... - but I remind myself that, like with photography, the limiting factor is far more often the user than the tools.

Well said. I belong to another forum where we're having a V3 render contest. Many of the renders are better than stuff I've seen done with newer figures. These are people who have taken the time to learn their preferred software and get the best from it.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 3:13 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

I don't think kittykat98 wanted to fuel the software wars and I didn't see it as such. When talking about using certain figures it's a given that some people will be able to do different things with the same figure sometimes rendering it unrecognizable. I can appreciate where DAZ and Poser users are coming from respectively when they support their software of choice but nothing will ever replace true artistic genius that can take any resource and produce a work of art where others would merely have an awkward, dated, old model rendered floating in the air or with no shadows and flaring nostrils. :) Software can give you the tools but you must learn to use them.
Check out beton's gallery and see what he has accomplished with V3 and posette! https://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/artist/beton Nudity checked for the gallery content.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 5:39 AM · edited Thu, 16 June 2016 at 5:39 AM

Kalypso,

I've seen this before and it's exactly what I meant. This is some beautiful work and illustrates dedication to the craft. As a professional graphic artist, this sort of work is a constant inspiration.

Thanks for the link,

Bob

Boni ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 6:14 AM

I assure you my comment was NOT aimed at Kittykat98 or adosidy. you both just got your comments in at the end of the questionable exchange I was commenting on. Please carry on.

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

Kazam561 ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2016 at 9:44 AM

I still use V4. I don't animate much but good to know about issues and current problems in trying to animate characters.

The dust settled, thinking "what a fine home, at least for now" not realizing that doom would soon be coming in the form of a vacuum cleaner.

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2016 at 5:30 PM

Absolutely, TG. I just bought one of your clothing items for her the other day.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2016 at 4:06 PM

Oh wow this thread is still alive 😂

Thanks for the "welcome backs" to those who said so :) And thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the last person still using M4/V4 😁

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 5:20 AM

[TrekkieGrrrl] And thanks for reassuring me that I'm not the last person still using M4/V4 😁

I hang around in the more obscure and niche segment of the Poserverse (which includes the Dazverse) and see Vicky Four everywhere. It's impossible to quote numbers since any poll will reflect users who respond, not users who are using her, but I get the feeling that she's still darned popular. I've been keeping track of clothing available for Genesis Three and despite the prolific output by the content folks, there still isn't the huge wardrobe available that Vicky has. If one wants a lot of fantasy costumes your well served, but there's not a lot (in comparison) of regular stuff. Vicky is also getting an upgrade via Erogenesis over at CgBytes. his new figure (Project E) will be compatible with Vicky characters and clothing. It's also nice to see new items for her being released. While I don't buy everything for Vicky, I do take the time to thank the artist for releasing stuff for Vicky.
Bob

tonyvilters ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 9:14 AM

V4/M4 are the figures that keep Poser alive for 99.99% of the end user base.

Glen ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 4:14 PM

I've never used Victoria 4... she has always been a more than willing participant in my various experiments!

Awesome to see you back, looking forward to seeing some quirky new stuff from you! :D

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

kittykat98 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 4:38 PM · edited Wed, 22 June 2016 at 4:39 PM

[Glen]> I've never used Victoria 4... she has always been a more than willing participant in my various experiments!

This is hilarious, I've also found Vicky Fourpointtwopluspluselite to be pretty open minded about trying new stuff (really big idiotic grin). Thanks for the chuckle.
Bob

3dkaya ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 6:17 PM

I glanced through this thread. Actually I tend not to use V4, but I do like to get stuff for A3 and H3. I love Aiko 3 as I think she was my first real figure I used. I did get V3 RR but did not play with her much. I can remember ten some years ago I was trying to do an image of A3 but I had so little content then and the friend I was showing the render to did not like the A3 outfit I used, but as I said I did not have much content at the time so I was upset. A3 was new and I had little for her to wear at the time.

I remember when V4 came out, I got the base figure and only the base figure. She did not come with that purple bikini texture and I had nothing yet for her to wear. I know there are clothes converters now but for some reason I did not have that for V4 yet so I tried to render V4 without breaking the TOS of the forum. That was a challenge for me at the time.

Glen ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2016 at 10:52 PM

Hahah, no worries, Bob! Thanks for the compliment! You should see the stuff I put my Annie through! Plenty of fun goings on featured on my DA page. I love how bendy she can become! ;) ;)

I'm running Win 10 Pro 32GB RAM Intel Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti

My DA Gallery: glen85.deviantart.com/gallery

Peace, love and polygons!

kol_2005 ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2016 at 5:23 AM

I have to say V4 is the way to go for Poser users, she has her faults but she has and still does render superbly, it is no wonder vendors still make skins for her as her facial features IMHO beat anything G3 G2 G1 have ever been able to do - I have used G2 a lot and apart from her more perfected stomach morphs she looks like she's undergone severe plastic surgery, I also have not seen a realistic skin and facial looking G3 either, sure Daz show you how amazing she renders and if I used Daz then I would be prepared to wait 24 hours for a render as amazing as they make her in there pics, I prefer Poser so V4 is still the girl for me! And welcome back Trekkie

pigfish9 ( ) posted Fri, 24 June 2016 at 8:37 PM

I primarily use V4 and Dawn. I like Poser and don't feel like trying to make any of the newer DAZ Vicki's work right in Poser. After the DSON importer, I've given up on that.

s

MarkHirst ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2016 at 5:34 AM

I'm still a keen V4 user.

When DAZ initially dropped support for Poser, I was reluctant to move to DS because my experience of it and other DAZ software such as Hexagon and Bryce was of a fragile and unreliable program. I regularly lost work and data to Hexagon. Then was a rapid succession of replacement figure generations which seemed designed to force yet more re-purchasing.

For the most part V4 feels more than good enough. I rarely do really close up pictures, so what ever technical benefits there might be wouldn't be seen anyway.

www.CambrianMoons.com

false1 ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2016 at 9:47 AM

V4 is like MP3 for Poser users. There are "better" formats/figures but none with the universal compatibility and support that these supply. Like MP3, the results are good enough for most users. There are too many competing formats to supplant MP3 altogether. Going forward I suspect that there will be those who are gung ho on Dawn, some on Pauline, some on Project E or another figure to come. Even in Daz Land there are grumblings from those that liked the flexibility of G1 or from "new" users who don't want to rebuy their content for G3. I assume V4 will eventually fade but will never be replaced as a single figure with the same kind of universal support.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website

kittykat98 ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2016 at 4:49 PM

I've been following 'Ero' and project E before it was a real project. He's stated that it will be compatible with Vicky Four's hundreds of characters and her extensive wardrobe thereby giving her a new lease on life..or simlife?

CobraBlade ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2016 at 11:15 PM

I think we all have our favourite style we strive for. Like some people have said, their favourites were the Gen 3 characters and they didn't have any interest in what proceeded them. My favourites are ManiHoni's characters, and since he hasn't made any in years I'll be sticking with V4/M4/M3/Miki2. So yep, still a V4 user here. It's great there are many choices out there and we are free to work with what suits our needs most.

Poser scripts by Snarlygribbly

EarthCrone ( ) posted Sun, 26 June 2016 at 10:19 AM

I still love V4 and A4. I agree with the statements about having new models for Victoria such as 6 etc. The truth is Daz can't make up its mind. Look at the oh so -Cool- "when it came out" ARTZONE. I guess they didn't like that. Not to mention Hexagon. The loss of Blacksmith 3D. And on a further now when I asked them for installers for some of my old projects IE: Tempest for Sadie and a few others. All I got back from them was the really old architectural set. -frowns-

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

kol_2005 ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 4:17 AM

wolf359 posted at 3:46AM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273472

" it is no wonder vendors still make skins for her as her facial features IMHO beat anything G3 G2 G1 have ever been able to do - "

For $38 USD the GENX2 Plugin can transfer ones favorite V4 Faces& shapes to the G1 or G2 female and with UV switching all existing V4 Skin maps are usable with G1-G2 I have completely recreated V4 & V3 legacy characters as G2 figures using this Plugin.

"Daz show you how amazing she renders and if I used Daz then I would be prepared to wait 24 hours for a render as amazing as they make her in there pics,

Not sure where you are getting this "24 hour "render time perhaps with your hardware config but there are people who have invested in proper NVDIA capable graphic cards who are not waiting "24 hours" for Iray renders but the same holds true for Octane or Reality/LUX users ..........its all about the hardware

"I prefer Poser so V4 is still the girl for me! "

Yes for a poser user V4/V4WM is still the superior figure to all of the other efforts by Smith Micro and other third parties ,but I suspect "Project E" may soon Dethrone the poser Queen.

Hi Wolf thanks for the reply -

1. I only ever used Daz to DSON over clothing fitted to poser for GF2 and have to say that anything GF2 or GM2 looks low key as opposed to textures for V4 etc and I find the actual figures to be great on muscular attributes, but doll like on facial and hand details just not realistic - I can't say how GF3 looks as I use ProDev 2014, Poser 11 when I did buy it was a mess the library did not work and it crashed every 2 mins (got a refund for this btw)
  2. The 24 hour render comment was just being sarcastic as compared to a render in poser it is way too long and when I did take a good look at Daz as I have a good Nvidia card I resulted to using 3Delight as it was quicker and a lot easier to set up - Yeah I can see the results using Iray are quality, but I would imagine Daz's pictures are heavily photoshoped and probably take a long time to render - but in truth I prefer Firefly it is fast and delivers quality renders too, unless you are doing close up's of hair and have a lot of metallic reflections then your in for a wait (also word of note to anyone who has found that skin looks blocky- turn off reflections)
  3. Oh yes I cannot wait for E Project from what I have seen so far looks immense - I am guessing that the clothing system that will be employed for her will be similar to the Weigh Mapped V4 script [ http://www.runtimedna.com/Outfitter.html ]

Just a final word I am not trying to make this thread a daz v poser one, I have bought poser since 7 to pro dev I just want vendors to realise that v4 is very much alive and combines both software users unlike GF3

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 6:17 AM · edited Mon, 27 June 2016 at 6:20 AM

kol_2005 posted at 7:10AM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273854

wolf359 posted at 3:46AM Mon, 27 June 2016 - #4273472

" it is no wonder vendors still make skins for her as her facial features IMHO beat anything G3 G2 G1 have ever been able to do - "

For $38 USD the GENX2 Plugin can transfer ones favorite V4 Faces& shapes to the G1 or G2 female and with UV switching all existing V4 Skin maps are usable with G1-G2 I have completely recreated V4 & V3 legacy characters as G2 figures using this Plugin.

"Daz show you how amazing she renders and if I used Daz then I would be prepared to wait 24 hours for a render as amazing as they make her in there pics,

Not sure where you are getting this "24 hour "render time perhaps with your hardware config but there are people who have invested in proper NVDIA capable graphic cards who are not waiting "24 hours" for Iray renders but the same holds true for Octane or Reality/LUX users ..........its all about the hardware

"I prefer Poser so V4 is still the girl for me! "

Yes for a poser user V4/V4WM is still the superior figure to all of the other efforts by Smith Micro and other third parties ,but I suspect "Project E" may soon Dethrone the poser Queen.

Hi Wolf thanks for the reply -

1. I only ever used Daz to DSON over clothing fitted to poser for GF2 and have to say that anything GF2 or GM2 looks low key as opposed to textures for V4 etc and I find the actual figures to be great on muscular attributes, but doll like on facial and hand details just not realistic - I can't say how GF3 looks as I use ProDev 2014, Poser 11 when I did buy it was a mess the library did not work and it crashed every 2 mins (got a refund for this btw)
  2. The 24 hour render comment was just being sarcastic as compared to a render in poser it is way too long and when I did take a good look at Daz as I have a good Nvidia card I resulted to using 3Delight as it was quicker and a lot easier to set up - Yeah I can see the results using Iray are quality, but I would imagine Daz's pictures are heavily photoshoped and probably take a long time to render - but in truth I prefer Firefly it is fast and delivers quality renders too, unless you are doing close up's of hair and have a lot of metallic reflections then your in for a wait (also word of note to anyone who has found that skin looks blocky- turn off reflections)
  3. Oh yes I cannot wait for E Project from what I have seen so far looks immense - I am guessing that the clothing system that will be employed for her will be similar to the Weigh Mapped V4 script [ http://www.runtimedna.com/Outfitter.html ]

Just a final word I am not trying to make this thread a daz v poser one, I have bought poser since 7 to pro dev I just want vendors to realise that v4 is very much alive and combines both software users unlike GF3

Then if you do not want to make it an App war post, which you did and probably shouldn't have done, then please post accurate information as all three of your points are wrong.... Especially wrong is about Project E using V4 clothing, it won't and it can't if it doesn't want to be shut down by DAZ. Also if you looked in the Cgbytes forum for Project E, the figure has put on indefinite hold with multiple problems getting everything to work and was rebuilt in Poser 2014 (downgraded from Poser 11 because of issues) and now it doesn't work in Poser 11. Feel free to hunt down the thread there as I can't post links. But seriously this about if you still use V4, not uninformed posting about software wars so stop the baiting post and stick to the subject.

EarthCrone ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 6:38 AM

I've had Poser since 4

"Imagination is more important than knowledge" Albert Einstein

MistyLaraCarrara ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 9:54 AM

more than ever!

♥ My Gallery Albums    ♥   My YT   ♥   Party in the CarrarArtists Forum  ♪♪ 10 years of Carrara forum ♥ My FreeStuff

agape ( ) posted Mon, 27 June 2016 at 10:23 PM

Although my main app is Daz Studio now, I still use V4 and M4. I have all the others...prefer the original Genesis over Gen 2 and 3, but my heart belongs to V4. I still enjoy dabbling in Poser too. I keep my versions updated.

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2016 at 8:36 AM

I really like lyrra's young morph for V4. now a lot more options for characters. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ErickL88 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2016 at 10:52 AM

wolf359 posted at 10:51AM Wed, 29 June 2016 - #4273905

The GENX2 Plugin now supports G3 as well so your legacy V3,V4 M3 M4 Character morphs/shapes can now be used on G3 figures as well.

Oi, now that sounds interesting. I might have a look at it. Thanks for the heads up.

KyReb ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2016 at 8:11 AM

I love V4.. Still use V4. Several things keep me from upgrading.

1. I really despise Daz Studios interface; and am really comfortable with Poser
  2. The COSTS involved. Both the amount I have sunk into V4 morphs and accessories and the higher costs for the new stuff.
  3. The fact that G3 doesnt work in Poser, Yeah I managed to get it to BE in Poser 11 via the new method without the morphs
  4. I have really detailed characters with V4 They dont look like they the V4 characters in the Marketplace which most look indistinguishable from the other. You can look at my characters and they are as recognizable as idividuals. The GENX2 is encouraging though that I could take these characters to the new figure, and NOT have to abandon them for the sake of a new figure.
  5. A lack (to my knowledge) of a method to upgrade the best of the V4 clothing items to the newest figure.

jura11 ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2016 at 3:15 PM

Personally I still use V4 and still keeping her alive,although I've G2F or G3F,but still I rather use V4 and if something needs to be fixed then ZBrush is good starting point I don't animate and most of the time I do single renders like with Poser or 3DS MAX

Hope this helps

Thanks,Jura

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 10:39 AM

Hey wolf?? G3 is for another forum. So sorry, but we work in Poser with Poser figures and Poser content. Thank you.

99.99% of the end users have TONS invested in V4. Those that want to use G3 can freely go to DS (that is also free) And wanna know a secret? LOL. They have their own forms too. LOL.

Male_M3dia ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 10:54 AM

tonyvilters posted at 11:53AM Mon, 04 July 2016 - #4274557

Hey wolf?? G3 is for another forum. So sorry, but we work in Poser with Poser figures and Poser content. Thank you.

99.99% of the end users have TONS invested in V4. Those that want to use G3 can freely go to DS (that is also free) And wanna know a secret? LOL. They have their own forms too. LOL.

So why did the admins post this thread in the Poser forum?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro?thread_id=2899963

Please don't pick fights that don't need to be picked.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 2:15 PM

tonyvilters posted at 11:29AM Mon, 04 July 2016 - #4274557

Tony, you can always depend on the self-appointed Daz Defenders to appear in ANY Poser thread where we are talking about any figure. And no, they aren't going to help the poor people up in the DS forums. They feel their time is better spent here.

There is a place for all figures (even the G figures) in Poser, although unless one buys them in "Fast Grab" or a similar promotion, they are a TCO fail.

It isn't just that we have a monetary investment in the V4 ecosystem - there is also the fact that the V4 products have both more variety and better versatility.

More characters, by several more orders of magnitude; hell even the SM G2 series of figures (Simon, Sydney, etc) had more characters made for them than either the Daz G1 or G2 series ever managed - I counted) - this is kinda important if you want anything outside of "young white girl". In all fairness, Terrance is the ONLY DS vendor that can be depended upon to make non-caucasian characters for the g figures, especially the male ones.

More morphs and morph sets, also by several more orders of magnitude, (and we mustn't forget, an entire cottage industry built around fixing the shortcomings of the V4 mesh).

More clothing by several orders of magnitude. V4 managed more clothing in the first 90 days after launch than any of the G series managed in their entire life-cycles. As an added bonus, most of them come with movement morphs, which appear to be sadly lacking in DS clothing. The other thing is the amount of additional texture sets made for clothing - before the split, when a new piece of clothing rolled out, we knew there would be half a dozen or so vendors making texture sets for that clothing. Those days are behind us, unless one is using V4 clothing content.

Then there is the added versatility, if one actually leaves the Poser 4 workflow behind and use Poser Pro as it is meant to be used in the 21st century.

I can quickly take a conforming V4 clothing item and make it dynamic (My figures can have a dress that goes below the knee, without needing to go all the way to the floor). Or I can pull it into the fitting room and fit it to any other character that has taken my fancy, like Dawn or Pauline or Antonia or Sydney or Mariko or V3 or Anastasia or Eroko or Scarlet or Roxie or Terai Yuki or Miki (any version), etc.

In my Star Trek comic, EVERYBODY is wearing the same uniform (Courageous for V4 and Valiant for M4) even though my go-to figures are the SM G2 figures (because I need normal sized people - Dusk & Dawn are my "tall folks"). Although thanks to Lyrra's scaling product, I can adjust V4/M4' height a bit easier than in the past.

As an added note - if you go to pg 288 - 293 in the Poser Manual, you get instructions on how to add facial bones to any Poser figure (including the G figures in Poser) - I find this very amusing, by the way. My G1 & G2 figures have the "new" G3 tech selling point. Although why they call it Control Props is beyond me.

LaurieA ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 9:57 PM · edited Mon, 04 July 2016 at 10:00 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

Will there EVER be ANY time when people will stop getting butthurt over EVERYTHING said by a non-fan of Poser or DS or Vicky or G2 or G3 or whatever figure? PLEASE knock the shit off...it's really no wonder why this place is deserted, is it? People have opinions. Last time I checked, in most countries it's ALLOWED. Get over it, please. This has to be the most childish bullcrap by a bunch of adults I've ever seen. It's getting old folks. Real old.

Laurie

ghostship2 ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2016 at 11:03 PM

RorrKonn posted at 10:02PM Mon, 04 July 2016 - #4274591

KISS Got to Choose is just a song man. It's a cool song but if you was to choose between a harem or ... well we would all choose the harem. Rock on ;)

kiss got to choose

Got to Choose cause you "got nothing to loose!" LOL I saw Kiss in 77' with Cheap Trick. Great show!

W10, Ryzen 5 1600x, 16Gb,RTX2060Super+GTX980, PP11, 11.3.740

JVRenderer ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 12:28 AM

This thread is about V4.and people using V4 We've established that people are still using V4. The OP wasn't asking whether V4 is better than Genesis(n), nor whether we're using DS or Poser.. Why do we need all this drama that has nothing to do with the original question? Don't you all have some art to do? Go render some Genesis 3; Make some new shaders; Create some nice morphs. Teach some newbies tricks. Do something worthwhile..

JV

Software: Daz Studio 4.15,  Photoshop CC, Zbrush 2022, Blender 3.3, Silo 2.3, Filter Forge 4. Marvelous Designer 7

Hardware: self built Intel Core i7 8086K, 64GB RAM,  RTX 3090 .

"If you spend too much time arguing about software, you're spending too little time creating art!" ~ SomeSmartAss

"A critic is a legless man who teaches running." ~ Channing Pollock

My Gallery  My Other Gallery 

Suucat ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 4:08 AM

KyReb posted at 4:05AM Tue, 05 July 2016 - #4274457

I love V4.. Still use V4. Several things keep me from upgrading.

1. I really despise Daz Studios interface; and am really comfortable with Poser
  2. The COSTS involved. Both the amount I have sunk into V4 morphs and accessories and the higher costs for the new stuff.
  3. The fact that G3 doesnt work in Poser, Yeah I managed to get it to BE in Poser 11 via the new method without the morphs
  4. I have really detailed characters with V4 They dont look like they the V4 characters in the Marketplace which most look indistinguishable from the other. You can look at my characters and they are as recognizable as idividuals. The GENX2 is encouraging though that I could take these characters to the new figure, and NOT have to abandon them for the sake of a new figure.
  5. A lack (to my knowledge) of a method to upgrade the best of the V4 clothing items to the newest figure.

All of this, with great emphasis in point 1. I too hate the Daz Studio interface.

Who finds a friend finds a treasure!

KristiS ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2016 at 12:29 PM · edited Tue, 05 July 2016 at 2:35 PM

Male_M3dia posted at 12:21PM Tue, 05 July 2016 - #4274560

tonyvilters posted at 11:53AM Mon, 04 July 2016 - #4274557

So why did the admins post this thread in the Poser forum?

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro?thread_id=2899963

Please don't pick fights that don't need to be picked.

It was posted in the Poser forum because it is a tool to help Poser users.

This is rude to the OP and all others who are trying to ask Poser users if they still use a certain character or anything else they'd like to know and or want advice on. This type of behavior will not be tolerated any longer. Warnings will be issued and bans as well if necessary. This goes for a few people in this thread, not just one person.

A Moderator came in and said to keep it civil and it still became a software war...this is not okay on any level.

People like what they like and should not feel like they are wrong just because they like something different.

I will lock this thread if this keeps on as I think the OP got what they needed.

It is great to see you back my Dear and I'm sorry it turned into this.

Kristi

Community Relations Specialist

This is your life - your platform - your stage - your story  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.