Wed, Sep 18, 2:16 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Virtual World Dynamics

Welcome to the Virtual World Dynamics Forum

Virtual World Dynamics F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 1:40 pm)

Subject: Daz Studio bridge to VWD

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:43 PM

Smaker1 posted at 9:42PM Wed, 27 July 2016 - #4277561

When does the error happen?

As soon as I click 'Start ?????? Simulation' - yes static or dynamic. And also when pressing the shift key.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:57 PM

Just to compare I do this: Load G2F Load toulouse hair Launch VWD Select G2F: collison (twice) Select Toulouse hair: hair Select toulouse hair: hair Apply parameter Preset Genesis2Daz Show hair vertices Generate springs Start static simu

Smaker1 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 3:58 PM

More readable! Just to compare I do this:

Load G2F

Load toulouse hair

Launch VWD

Select G2F: collison (twice)

Select Toulouse hair: hair

Apply parameter

Preset Genesis2Daz

Show hair vertices

Generate springs

Start static simu

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 4:41 PM

I will test for hair as well. I was performing hair tests before the previous one timed-out with the new version of VWD, and did not experience any issues.

Writers_Block, it could be environmental with your PC setup. I had an environmental hiccup with a pre-testing latest version of default VWD on my W7 x64 PC that was not there in my WindowsXP win32 laptop. That error message you see is what I was getting every time I clicked on anything, though the program still functioned properly (just an annoyance bug). Gérald was able to correct whatever the anomaly was before the official release went live.

What are your system specs? This might help to narrow down an issue if others have no errors, and the error lies with your environment. Philemot could then make possible changes to account for anomalies.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 4:51 PM

Another small issue...

Are any of you other beta testers testing on an x86/win32 PC?

I am testing on both x86 and x64 PC's, and the plug-in DLL for the x86 fails to activate. For the new DS Bridge version DS can not recognize it as a legitimate file. Has anyone else experienced this?

Current:

CurrentVer_x86.jpg

Previous:

PreviousVer.jpg

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2016 at 6:10 PM · edited Wed, 27 July 2016 at 6:12 PM

DaremoK3 posted at 11:43PM Wed, 27 July 2016 - #4277576

I will test for hair as well. I was performing hair tests before the previous one timed-out with the new version of VWD, and did not experience any issues.

Writers_Block, it could be environmental with your PC setup. I had an environmental hiccup with a pre-testing latest version of default VWD on my W7 x64 PC that was not there in my WindowsXP win32 laptop. That error message you see is what I was getting every time I clicked on anything, though the program still functioned properly (just an annoyance bug). Gérald was able to correct whatever the anomaly was before the official release went live.

What are your system specs? This might help to narrow down an issue if others have no errors, and the error lies with your environment. Philemot could then make possible changes to account for anomalies.

Windows 8.0 (not 8.1) Pro 64bit i7 4770k, Gigabyte MB Z87X UD5, 16GB RAM. 980ti and a 970. I must install the latest drivers for nvidia; (i forgot when reinstalling from the disk image.)

Not betaing the 32 bit version. Don't have access to a 32 bit computer; even laptop is 64bit.

Smaker1 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2016 at 2:13 AM

DaremoK3 posted at 9:11AM Thu, 28 July 2016 - #4277581

Another small issue...

I am testing on both x86 and x64 PC's, and the plug-in DLL for the x86 fails to activate. For the new DS Bridge version DS can not recognize it as a legitimate file. Has anyone else experienced this?

Current:

CurrentVer_x86.jpg

Previous:

PreviousVer.jpg

No only 64 bit config

philemot ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2016 at 2:16 AM

DaremoK3 posted at 9:15AM Thu, 28 July 2016 - #4277581

Another small issue...

It's corrected now. A small but annoying copy & paste error.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2016 at 1:55 PM

Thank you, philemot. Everything is working great now.

akuei2 ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2016 at 5:18 PM

Excuse me, the bridge already done ? :X

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2016 at 6:28 AM

akuei2 posted at 12:28PM Sat, 06 August 2016 - #4278907

Excuse me, the bridge already done ? :X

It's in Beta.

janrendo ( ) posted Sat, 06 August 2016 at 3:36 PM

Damn everytime I see this thread bumped up I think the bridge is ready lol

philemot ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 3:58 AM

janrendo posted at 10:54AM Mon, 08 August 2016 - #4278968

So do I 😇 Every-time I'm ready to release, I have a report from a beta tester with a new issue 😅

TeknoGypsy ( ) posted Mon, 08 August 2016 at 10:42 AM

Just remember that "perfect" is the enemy of "good" - or to quote the laws of Klingon programming: "Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak. Bugs are good for building character in the user." ;-)

Mythico ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 9:10 PM

janrendo posted at 9:03PM Tue, 09 August 2016 - #4278968

Well now it's my turn to get somebody else's hopes up.

The desire for the Daz Studio bridge is very pent up obviously.... 2442 plus views of this thread compared to the other threads...

Daz Studio hasn't had any major plugin for some time already since Look At My Hair.

I think many people look forward to this very HOT landmark plugin!

I also think most will gladly play paid "gold" testers to the bridge, given the intermediate-advanced nature of this tool. Well, at least I am! So don't worry too much about perfection, just basic usability.

Waiting waiting...

akuei2 ( ) posted Tue, 09 August 2016 at 10:09 PM · edited Tue, 09 August 2016 at 10:12 PM

Mythico posted at 10:06PM Tue, 09 August 2016 - #4279381

janrendo posted at 9:03PM Tue, 09 August 2016 - #4278968

Well now it's my turn to get somebody else's hopes up.

The desire for the Daz Studio bridge is very pent up obviously.... 2442 plus views of this thread compared to the other threads...

Daz Studio hasn't had any major plugin for some time already since Look At My Hair.

I think many people look forward to this very HOT landmark plugin!

I also think most will gladly play paid "gold" testers to the bridge, given the intermediate-advanced nature of this tool. Well, at least I am! So don't worry too much about perfection, just basic usability.

Waiting waiting...

Agree, glad to paid as a tester!

Check this thread 2~3 times per day, make me wilt like endless waited :X

I'm wish a basic use only.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Wed, 10 August 2016 at 5:56 AM

TeknoGypsy posted at 11:53AM Wed, 10 August 2016 - #4279139

Just remember that "perfect" is the enemy of "good" - or to quote the laws of Klingon programming: "Debugging? Klingons do not debug. Our software does not coddle the weak. Bugs are good for building character in the user." ;-)

Haha

Not so sure I've found any in the bridge at all; I have, however, found one or might have been two in VWD, so I still feel slightly useful. :)

philemot ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2016 at 4:05 AM

A quick word to let you know that the Daz bridge has been submitted for sale here at rendo. It will be available for buying when accepted by Q&A.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2016 at 4:27 AM

philemot posted at 10:26AM Sat, 20 August 2016 - #4280506

A quick word to let you know that the Daz bridge has been submitted for sale here at rendo. It will be available for buying when accepted by Q&A.

Good news!

Mythico ( ) posted Sat, 20 August 2016 at 6:12 AM · edited Sat, 20 August 2016 at 6:17 AM

philemot posted at 6:11AM Sat, 20 August 2016 - #4280506

Thanks Philemot for this GREAT news!

And my faith in this marketplace is somewhat restored too! ;)

In case new Rendo visitors don't know clicking on the house shape icon next to forum member's name will lead to the store... Here's the direct link to Philemot's Renderosity shop front

Which I will be checking every hour LOL!

kittykat98 ( ) posted Sun, 21 August 2016 at 6:03 AM

Because Daz doesn't own or control VWD, it can't make money off of it and will (in my experience) do their immature, short sighted and greedy best to break it's compatibility. Their arrangement with Optitex was a failure and I'm sure they're working on some other behind the scenes deal to make users think that Daz has dynamic clothing while not actually providing it in any real way. The same way people are still led to believe that Hexagon is a real 3D program worth paying money for.

Writers_Block ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2016 at 7:49 AM

kittykat98 posted at 1:48PM Mon, 22 August 2016 - #4280626

Because Daz doesn't own or control VWD, it can't make money off of it and will (in my experience) do their immature, short sighted and greedy best to break it's compatibility. Their arrangement with Optitex was a failure and I'm sure they're working on some other behind the scenes deal to make users think that Daz has dynamic clothing while not actually providing it in any real way. The same way people are still led to believe that Hexagon is a real 3D program worth paying money for.

I've bought four items of clothing from Daz, that without VWD, I wouldn't have bothered with.

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 22 August 2016 at 9:48 PM · edited Mon, 22 August 2016 at 9:53 PM

kittykat98 posted at 9:24PM Mon, 22 August 2016 - #4280626

Because Daz doesn't own or control VWD, it can't make money off of it and will (in my experience) do their immature, short sighted and greedy best to break it's compatibility.

Any marketplace an do their immature, short sighted and greedy or sloppy best to break any vendor's tool's compatibility or reputation. But why would they do that to themselves? Some people are also saying Daz bridge is being held hostage on Youtube but why would a marketplace sabotage its own vendors and spite its own face?

Marketplace owners are typically getting less than 51% of the sales, so it's not their responsibility to ensure updated products get loaded to the shelf ASAP. It also takes an army to interrogate and test the viability of a plugin app. Perhaps, VWD/ Philemot products maybe landmark tool to the greater community, but they're probably just a backlog bleep on the vast warehouse inventory of Walmart Rendo with many hundreds of hotter sexier content waiting to be boxed and delivered. Software utility customers should expect to be lowly prioritized and wait an unknown time (24 hours to 24 day) to have Daz bridge getting the green light. Be patient, as they say, because there aren't any tools out there that will dress Genesis with dynamic clothing so we have no choice but suck it up, think about it, right?

To conclude, we customers of the marketplaces, Daz3D or Rendo or others, have no choice but to suck up all manners of store professionalism. Or go elsewhere I guess.

Cheers! I mean it!

Looking forward to Daz Bridge being green lighted....

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 10:55 AM · edited Fri, 26 August 2016 at 10:57 AM

To fellow users who are adventurous like me....

I've bought VWD a few days ago, and can't wait indefinitely for Daz bridge, so I sitemail Philemot directly for the Daz bridge today.

I have since installed both VWD program AND the Daz Bridge files with ease, and got some nice static and dynamic simulation happening on my Genesis's long sleeves tunic dress right out of the box.

I'm running Daz Studio 4.9.2.7, and Win7 64bit.

An appreciated fact: VWD comes with 58 pages of very thorough PDF documentation complete with basic illustration.

Philemot's Daz Bridge also came with basic and clear installation guide PDF.

NolosQuinn ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 12:28 PM

It's in the Marketplace now! Can't get it till I get home! Oh, yeah!!

'I'm paying for this movie. I want guns'

Kaine ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 12:29 PM

It's in the shop :) https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/daz-studio-bridge-for-vwd-cloth-and-hair/116509/

Mythico ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 12:47 PM

Cool! Let the creative revolution begin! 😆

agape ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 3:35 PM

I'm chompin at the bit! I have to wait until I get home this evening too! EEEEEEEEEEK!!!

DustRider ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 3:37 PM

As both a DS and Carrara user, I'm quite interested in VWD. But I've got a couple questions from info I've seen posted else where.

1. I noticed one post where it was mentioned that VWD and the DAZ Studion plugin only supports Genesis 2 and V4. Is this correct? Also, does the Carrara plugin support Genesis and Genesis 2?

2. In the Gallery here someone noted that Iray shaders don't work with VWD, is this true?

Thanks in advance!

PS - any sales planned :)

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Biscuits ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 4:20 PM

@ Dustrider

To answer your questions,

1. You can use VWD on any character, whether human or animal or prop, you just need to select some vertices manually to glue them to the model.

2. Any materials and shaders can be added in your software of choice after the VWD plugin created a new prop, whether those are iray or superfly doesn't matter.

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

agape ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 5:21 PM

I think where the confusion came in is because there is a drop-down with a list of model presets. And there are way more than just 2 presets on the list.

DaremoK3 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 5:46 PM

Congratulations, philemot, on the official release.

Looking forward to seeing what everyone creates with it.

Biscuits ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 6:05 PM

agape posted at 1:04AM Sat, 27 August 2016 - #4281235

I think where the confusion came in is because there is a drop-down with a list of model presets. And there are way more than just 2 presets on the list.

And....You can make you own presets with predefined "glue".

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

akuei2 ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 6:20 PM

cheer, get it's !

DustRider ( ) posted Fri, 26 August 2016 at 7:29 PM

Biscuits posted at 6:16PM Fri, 26 August 2016 - #4281228

@ Dustrider

To answer your questions,

1. You can use VWD on any character, whether human or animal or prop, you just need to select some vertices manually to glue them to the model.

2. Any materials and shaders can be added in your software of choice after the VWD plugin created a new prop, whether those are iray or superfly doesn't matter.

Thanks! Both seemed a bit odd to me, especially since earlier in this thread I saw an example on Genesis 3, and I didn't think that VWD had anything to do with rendering in DS. But I thought I'd better double check.

I'm sure there will be a lot of miss information floating around since it started as a Poser plugin, then a Carrara plugin, and some things that weren't possible in Poser or Carrara (like the initial in-ability to use Genesis 3 in Poser, and Genesis 3 still can't be used in DS).

Now I just have to start robbing the piggy banks, looking for loose change under the couch cushions ...... maybe looking for lost change in the WalMart parking lot.

My Rendo Gallery ........ My DAZ3D Gallery ........... My DA Gallery ......

Oso3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 10:12 AM

Excited by this product! Two questions: If I click 'Dynamic parameters/Apply parameters and generate', ... nothing happens and most options vanish. ??

Attempting animated drapes and the figure just moves out of the clothes, which don't seem to react. ??

Oso3D ( ) posted Sat, 27 August 2016 at 5:14 PM

So far, every long hair I've attempted to model with a G2F has resulted in some sort of address violation and, well, no simulation.

Help?

killy1999 ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 9:52 AM

I got the same problem as wtimmins. I tried to keep the scene as simple as possible but even with just a single Genesis 2 plus the hair, the error is the same (access violation)

I did not customize any parameter, but tried to follow the exact steps as in pages 37-38-39 of the manual, but still no luck.

I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate

Oso3D ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 7:31 PM

Started working again for possibly no reason. Although turning off Dropbox might have helped...

agape ( ) posted Sun, 28 August 2016 at 8:43 PM

People are talking about this over in the Daz forum. Strangely enough, it seems to be isolated around Gen2. Other models aren't having a problem. I'm playing with Gen1 now so I will know shortly.

kwan ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 12:36 AM

Hi, Newbie here, I am having issues with the VWD Daz Studio Bridge. I just purchased it a few days ago and I'm not really sure what I need to do to get a functioning copy of the latest demo, which works with Daz Studio. I actually purchased the full version here at Renderosity a few months ago and was working with it in Poser with no issues. Once I saw the Daz Studio Bridge I jumped on it because I really love working in Daz. The version of the purchased version of VWD is 1.0.408.2976 and I cannot get this version to work with the Daz Studio Bridge. I am using Daz Studio Pro 64 bit version 4.9.2.70. I tried the Daz Studio bridge with the latest VWD demo and it seems to work for static simulations but just freezes up for dynamic simulations, and of course the demo version won't send the simulation to Daz studio. Where am I going wrong here? How can I get a full copy of the latest version since have already purchased a full copy of an earlier version. Any advice would greatly be appreciated

Kwan

agape ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 1:58 AM

You have what it takes to make it work. Do not use the demo. I have the same items you have and my animation dynamics are working fine. Are you sure you installed everything correctly? The Poser version 1.0.408.2976 is the correct version for you to use. Are you sure you have installed it correctly? The first time you used it, did it ask for the path to the StartVWD.py? If so, are you sure you clicked on it and not the file above it? You might want to start over with the install just in case. I did it wrong the first time because I forgot I was using the Beta. Once I put the plugin file into the Beta instead of the main program, it's working as it should.

VirtualWorldDynamics ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 2:58 AM

@wtimmins, @killy1999 : I just want to be sure. Do you click directly on the Dynamics parameters? The "Dynamics parameters" tab have to be opened using the import cloth or import hair buttons. You select the parameters you want and then, you press on the "Apply parameters and generate" button.

@kwan : have you made the same test with the Poser version and the Daz Studio version? The version of VWD that you currently use is the right one. It seems there are some issues with Genesis 2. I have to make some tests with this character. Could you tell the characters with which you have problems I could make tests with the same products if I have them or with identical products.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 3:46 AM

@Philemot: coming back after a long break far away from my computer and I see that the DS4 bridge is out! Congratulations!!

A new gallery, new tutorials, some troubles with one of my hard disk :-( , ... so many things to do and so little time!

killy1999 ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 2:25 PM

VirtualWorldDynamics posted at 9:22PM Mon, 29 August 2016 - #4281465

@wtimmins, @killy1999 : I just want to be sure. Do you click directly on the Dynamics parameters? The "Dynamics parameters" tab have to be opened using the import cloth or import hair buttons. You select the parameters you want and then, you press on the "Apply parameters and generate" button.

I followed the steps in the PDF file : first imported collision, then hair, then glue to vertices and then simulation.

In the end I read the advice NolosQuinn in the errors thread and deleted all VWD files, then copied again and started over : now it seems to work fine, even if I don't know why. Perhaps some weird setting in the previous configuration.

kwan ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 2:49 PM

Thanks for the feedback on my issues but I am still having issues with Daz Studio Bridge. I went back to my account at Renderosity and downloaded the latest copy of VWD version 408.2976 and placed in (j:VWD folder ) since my Daz program is on m j: drive. I also created an action for the VWD Bridge script in the Scripts drop down tab in Daz Studio.

I then loaded G3 and Missy Dress and created a short 30 frame animation with just her left leg moving. I then clicked the the VWD Bridge script from the drop down and VWD starts. Before I load anything I go to utilities and delete all exchange files. I Click host list button and G3 figure and Missy Dress populate Scene Import List. I click on G3 and click collision twice, with no issues. When I select Missy Dress and click Cloth once I get the following: One message box that says: DS VWD Bridge Bridge to VWD crashed and will terminate Please close VWD as it is not connected anymore Error is ReferenceError: Can't find Variable: VWDPluginSupportLib

Another message box that says: Vwdclothandhair The file Missy Dress.obj does not exist

And the message ( Preparing Cloth object... )appears at the bottom of the VWD Cloth and Hair program

I just remains stuck in this state..........with no change.

Please tell what I'm screwing up here...........Thank you

Kwan

Smaker1 ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 3:10 PM

Hello Kwan

tried with G3 and Missy dress without any troubles. Is it the only clothe that have problem?

Bridge version: 1.4.0.114

VWD version: 1.0.408.2976

Untitled-1.jpg

agape ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 4:31 PM

kwan, I got the same message but when I got everything in the right places, the message went away. I think you have something in the wrong place. Where did you put the plugin file?

Mythico ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 11:13 PM

@ Kwan

Try 'Delete all "Exchange" files from VWD's Utilties tab, see if that works...

Or agape said, check if the Daz bridge (plugin).dll is in program files/Daz3d/DazStudio4/plugins/

Either that or there's conflict between the demo and the final...

agape ( ) posted Mon, 29 August 2016 at 11:49 PM

This is what concerns me: Can't find Variable: VWDPluginSupportLib It means that Daz can't find the plugin. kwan says he placed the script and the VWD program but what about the Daz plugin. When I had my plugin in the wrong place, that is the same error message I was getting. Daz was saying "I can't find the plugin!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.