Sat, Oct 5, 9:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Poser Has a New Base Figure!!

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 5:18 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 4:44PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345163

I wish La Femme well.

For me she is overly complex with horrible plastic Barbi legs and feet. She takes far too long to do simple work with and is a nightmare to pose realistically... finding the bits through endless menu's and then having to fiddle with each lip or eyebrow end. If you want to spend hours and hours on a single image she is great and her level of minute movement detail amazing. I was really hoping for something that would blow me away. Well she does... but not in a good way for me personally. She is already in the "unusable box" and that's not good. This is one of the problems with new poser figures. They are totally over complex and not simple to use. The number of times I need to bend her little toe is once in a blue moon... what I need is a single dial to make her smile lopsided not freeky. This is what brings me back time and again to V4. I can do in 10 minutes what takes me 10 hours in other figures with no improvement in result.

For me its back to V4 as La Femme is totally unworkable in my workflow. :( I am genuinely sad about this.

The funny thing is, you don't have to even use the body handles, there are over 140 face morphs included in the base. You can turn the body handles off and completely ignore them and they don't 'hurt' you for being there. But being able to grab an eyebrow, a corner of a lip, a chin and just drag it around to do quick expressions is a lot easier than injecting morphs, looking for dials and spinning them. When doing poses you can just move the breast handle around to 'squish' it behind an arm, against the ground or chair, etc which makes realistic poses a lot easier.

Same goes for the toes. If you don't want to pose them individually then just... don't? There's no need to pose the toes individually, but they're there as an option for those that do.

Most people want more control and are embracing the body handles and extra articulated bits like the metatarsals/metacarpals, individual toes, etc. But if that's not your thing there are several different toespread, toecurl, grasp, fingerspread, etc morphs that you can use and you don't have to fuss with them.

As for the feet being too small, all I can say is that some people have been looking at V4 for too long and start to think that that represents an average normal human being. V4's feet are an abomination, they're the size of flippers. But guess what? SCALING WORKS - for the first time properly in a Poser figure. So if you don't like the size of her feet (or the size of her head, her ears, her shins, etc), click on them and scale them to whatever size you like and conforming clothing will scale automatically. You can give her V4's size 12 feet in two simple clicks.

For someone who 'wishes her well' you're going far out of your way to systematically bash her in at least two forums now. Virtually your entire post history consists of bashing new figures and extolling the virtues of V4. We get it, you like V4 and think that it's the pinnacle of Poser figure development: feel free to use her forever. Fortunately not everyone agrees.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 5:54 PM

I have a question: How many subdivion levels deep do the HD morphs go? If that makes sense... Or to put it differently at what subdivision level is the maximum detail gained.

Seriously loving the HD morphs.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:18 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 7:17PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345163

I wish La Femme well.

She takes far too long to do simple work with and is a nightmare to pose realistically... finding the bits through endless menu's and then having to fiddle with each lip or eyebrow end.

Are you using Poser 11?

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:21 PM · edited Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:24 PM

xocxoc posted at 7:19PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345168

Been playing with her this afternoon.

I noticed right away that the eyes and mouth seem big on the default model, I don't really have a problem with this as it helps demonstrate the face controls, and the included sliders can adjust this. Hint: If you like larger pouty lips, select each of the 6 control nodes on the lips and set the y-scale to 125%.

There are over 140 face morphs in the Pose folder, as well as some basic body morphs. Use the "INJ All Face Morphs" and "INJ Body Morphs" poses to add them to La Femme. Lots of mouth and lip dials in there, as well as tons of other face morphs.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:22 PM

meatSim posted at 6:14PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345173

I have a question: How many subdivion levels deep do the HD morphs go? If that makes sense... Or to put it differently at what subdivision level is the maximum detail gained.

Seriously loving the HD morphs.

2, the default render subD level.

It jumps to around 100k polys on level 1 and 400k on level 2. 3 would be a pretty big jump to >1.5 million polys. I might try it just out of curiosity to test render speeds, but I don't think it would be worth it - Poser even starts popping up warnings at that density. That type of fine detail is for veins, tiny wrinkles, etc which would probably best be accomplished with a normal map/bump map.

DCArt ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:49 PM

randym77 posted at 7:47PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345159

Deecey posted at 4:02PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345138

randym77 posted at 12:48PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345137

The chips take some getting used to if you're accustomed to V4 and her ilk. I was really confused at all the props that load with this figure, and didn't have a clue what they were for. (I guess I should have read the instructions.) That's probably why people think there aren't many morphs.

Actually, look in the Pose folder. There are face and body morph injections for La Femme in there. Over 140 face morphs, and 23 basic body morphs. In general, use the face chips for expression and animation, and use the face MORPHS for character development.

Thanks, Deecey. I did find the injectable morphs, but it wasn't clear to me what the difference was.

Think of it this way ...

Face chips are used for expressions and facial animation. Kind of like bones are.

The face MORPHS are like good old fashioned character morphs that you are used to seeing in older figures.

So use morphs for character variation and appearance, and face chips for expression and facial animation.

meatSim ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 6:54 PM

I'm really optimistic with this figure. I like the way you guys went about the launch. No pre-hype. Just a really good figure with some great assets available and a trusted team right out of the gate. I'm sure you are all tremendously proud of your accomplishment here and you should be.

As much as some people post history consists mostly of bashing new figures, mine probably comes across as a new figure cheerleader... But I can't help it!!
Having seen first hand how much goes into these things with the poserplace crew, I can only be greatful and appreciative of anyone who's willing and able to run that gauntlet whether the end result suits my tastes or not... In this case I think you knocked it out of the park.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 7:14 PM · edited Sun, 03 February 2019 at 7:15 PM

Quote by Dalek Surpreme: “This is what brings me back time and again to V4. I can do in 10 minutes what takes me 10 hours in other figures with no improvement in result.“

Setting up a scene and a good pose is allways complex and time consuming. Doing it in 10 min. with a limited figure like V4 seems impossible to me, when the result is suppose to be high quality. PE is a first class figure, but hard to work with. La Femme has a good balance. Not to difficult, but with good results.

ZigZag321 ( ) posted Sun, 03 February 2019 at 10:09 PM

I just couldn't stop myself. LOL. When I saw what Dalek said, this idea popped into my head ....

😀

All for fun all for fun all for fun! Have a great week, everybody, and thank you so much for this awesome, super fun, beautiful figure!

0011.jpg

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 2:12 AM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Anyone interested in a fairly simple corset morph? Partially dialed, partially morph brushed. Breasts moved inwards and up, waist narrowed (obviously!), hipbone crests smoothed out. Basic slender figure suitable for almost any period clothing where corsets and girdles were supreme.

CorsetMorph.jpg

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:33 AM

Blackhearted posted at 9:18PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345170

"For someone who 'wishes her well' you're going far out of your way to systematically bash her in at least two forums now. Virtually your entire post history consists of bashing new figures and extolling the virtues of V4. We get it, you like V4 and think that it's the pinnacle of Poser figure development: feel free to use her forever. Fortunately not everyone agrees."

Actually as someone who has not posted for over 4 years due to the constant trolling and negative feedback when someone states an opinion on this site your comment about my "entire post history" is both uninformed rubbish and rude.

Yes I find her both ugly about the legs and hard work to use, and yet I hoped she would be successful. I hoped to be wrong and I did wish her well.

What I was referring to about V4 was her ease of use and commerciality. No she is not perfect. Otherwise we would not be desperately looking to replace her. If you can't take feedback about how what made V4 a success and apply it to your own creation well good luck to you.

Now I hope you enjoy spending the money I have pumped into her accessories and your products, and when you get feedback I hope you have the ability to take it on board without being rude. In the mean time good luck with your figure.

Please don't worry... I won't be buying any more of your products and I will now delete La Femme from my runtime so you wont have any more issues with me commenting in future.

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:41 AM

-Timberwolf- posted at 9:35PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345181

Quote by Dalek Surpreme: “This is what brings me back time and again to V4. I can do in 10 minutes what takes me 10 hours in other figures with no improvement in result.“

Setting up a scene and a good pose is allways complex and time consuming. Doing it in 10 min. with a limited figure like V4 seems impossible to me, when the result is suppose to be high quality. PE is a first class figure, but hard to work with. La Femme has a good balance. Not to difficult, but with good results.

I think you will find I did not mention setting up a complete scene.

Please enjoy using La Femme. For me personally she is too much effort. I do not doubt you can get excellent results with her. I did not say you couldn't. What I did say was for "ME" I can get an equivalent result that "I" want faster in V4.

I am not saying V4 is better but she is... in my humble opinion easier to use.

Now I know giving feedback and expressing an opinion other than fulsome praise is unacceptable in the modern world so please... enjoy the new figure. She is wonderful.

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:46 AM

grichter posted at 9:43PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345108

I really appreciate all the deep thought and the time expended by the developers of LaFemme

(soapbox on)

Regarding the nit-picking, No product developer of any product from software, to any retail product, to a poser figure, can anticipate all the various uses and setting combinations of any new product they create. In my lifetime I have created hundreds of mechanical products that have endured for over 40 years. Most if, not all have been revised over time based on customer feed back. How many updates have been released to fix problems for either the operating system or the web browser you are using to read this thread? Lots!

In the Poser world the most popular figure in recent times is V4. I think some of you are all forgetting there was the original Victoria 4.0. Then version 4.1 . Followed by version 4.2. We as a group didn't cast Victoria 4.0 aside because of flaws discovered that Daz didn't know of when Victoria 4.0 was released. And again even when 4.1 was released. We pointed out the flaws and waited for Daz to react.

Going back to the mechanical products I have developed over the last 40 some odd years, I craved constructive criticism.

There is a motto that goes something like this. You can please most of the people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.

I am not a fan of Studio's interface at all. My hope is that the clothes, shoe, hair and character product developers get behind LaFemme and that causes a resurgence of the popularity of Poser. And that the product developers behind LaFemme react to constructive criticism and improve her in ways they did see or know about on the day she was released.

Very few if any products as complex as a 3D character are ever prefect on initial release. If they were there would never have been V4.1 or V4.2.

(soapbox off)

I agree 100%. I hope she gets better and better.

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 5:26 AM

Deecey posted at 9:48PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345174

DalekSupreme posted at 7:17PM Sun, 03 February 2019 - #4345163

I wish La Femme well.

She takes far too long to do simple work with and is a nightmare to pose realistically... finding the bits through endless menu's and then having to fiddle with each lip or eyebrow end.

Are you using Poser 11?

Poser 11.1 Pro.

It's nothing to do with the software. Its just a fiddle "FOR ME" finding the right dial at the end of a certain menu and then finding another dial for another part of her mouth and then trying to get the legs a different shape, scrolling through the morphs... and so on...

She has far more flexibility than V4 and infinite variations in everything... and every control you can imagine over every part... Brilliant.

I personally don't have time for that. It is my personal opinion. I'm not saying it's wrong to have a figure this complex. Lots of people will love her, I hope. I also don't like most Rap music. (Waits for sky to fall in)

It is only my personal opinion for what I do with poser. Other people will love her. I wish her well, but due to other comments I have now deleted the figure from my runtime and I will not personally support the figure going forward. This has nothing to do with the figure itself or the hard work that went into creating it.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 5:53 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 5:54 AM

Fine by me. Femme is not for you. Hope we're through with that.

If anyone still uses Dizzies Hampelmann, I've made a La Femme Body template for it. I still work on a face template, I haven't found a good looking layout yet. I can share the Body template, the face will follow soon.

If anyone need the templates, just say so.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 6:30 AM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:56 PM

DalekSupreme posted at 4:37AM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345205

Blackhearted posted at 9:18PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345170

"For someone who 'wishes her well' you're going far out of your way to systematically bash her in at least two forums now. Virtually your entire post history consists of bashing new figures and extolling the virtues of V4. We get it, you like V4 and think that it's the pinnacle of Poser figure development: feel free to use her forever. Fortunately not everyone agrees."

Actually as someone who has not posted for over 4 years due to the constant trolling and negative feedback when someone states an opinion on this site your comment about my "entire post history" is both uninformed rubbish and rude.

Yes I find her both ugly about the legs and hard work to use, and yet I hoped she would be successful. I hoped to be wrong and I did wish her well.

What I was referring to about V4 was her ease of use and commerciality. No she is not perfect. Otherwise we would not be desperately looking to replace her. If you can't take feedback about how what made V4 a success and apply it to your own creation well good luck to you.

Now I hope you enjoy spending the money I have pumped into her accessories and your products, and when you get feedback I hope you have the ability to take it on board without being rude. In the mean time good luck with your figure.

Please don't worry... I won't be buying any more of your products and I will now delete La Femme from my runtime so you wont have any more issues with me commenting in future.

My products may be for sale but I am not. I'm not going to sit here quietly while you bash them with unfounded criticism thinly veiled behind 'I wish it well'. A question posted across forums is someone looking for an answer: a complaint reposted simultaneously in several forums is someone trying to stir the pot. You have around 50 posts bashing Victoria 7 in the exact same way -- I don't use DS or Genesis much, but saying that Victoria 7 brings nothing to the table over Victoria 4 is totally absurd.

I'm here to help and have already done my best to fix some features that people requested. You're literally complaining that there are 'too many features' and thus it's 'too complicated', yet there is nothing forcing anyone to use those features. You don't need to pose her toes or extra bones or touch her body handles if you don't want to, but they're there if those who spend more than '10 seconds' on their art want that option. Some people complain about the stagnation in Poser and that they want something better than V4 but when anything comes along they complain that 'it's different than V4' and 'it doesn't automatically use my existing hoard of V4 content'.

Hey, I love V4 and I did my best to squeeze what I could out of her. But for the last decade I've been fighting with crippling V4 joint issues that all the 3rd party 'joint fix' add-ons in the world don't come close to fixing.

My typical V4 workflow is something like:

-load V4
-load 3rd party textures/shaders
-load 3rd party morphs
-pose figure trying my best to avoid any arms up or thighside poses
-Figure - Skinning Method - Unimesh, set subdivision to 1
-GoZ and start fixing joints in Zbrush, trying to avoid all the poles in her mesh

She's virtually unusable in her default state and has had over a decade of third-party support (myself included) to build her up to what she is today. But aside from a small handful of vendors people are abandoning V4 and - as a result - Poser in droves because there's only so much you can do with a 10 year old figure.

Certain people are looking at V4 with some seriously rose-colored glasses. Here is a simple workspace capture of what they look like without any 3rd party content. And I'm being nice: V4 by default loads looking like a sexless cabbage in a pixellated purple painted-on bikini. I had to go through about 20 material zones to change the teal default color that Daz loads to adjust her texture's color saturation.

cabbage.jpgLF_V4_comparison.jpg

^that's with simply moving her arms and legs down and 'nipples' and 'thighsthicken' on (AFAIK V4 doesn't even come with nipples for $30, you have to buy them separately). I wanted that as the default but for technical reasons it was decided that a zeroed t-pose was better (I'll zip it up and put it in my filelocker for anyone that wants a modified base pose).

There's no reason to abandon V4, but if the Poser community doesn't start being more open-minded towards change and new features it's pretty much doomed.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 7:13 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 7:14 AM

LaFemme BH Default

also the V4 hair fit is now in Freestuff.

Glitterati3D ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 7:31 AM

Blackhearted, I applaud you for setting the record straight.

Personally, I think the reaction to La Femme has been very positive. Are there folks who will take swipes at her, sure? But, we can't possibly know their motives in doing so.

I do think Hivewire made a fatal mistake in not defending Dawn and allowing the sniping and unearned comments become the default response to her, because here we are years later still listening to the same thing no matter how many times they tried to please the community. Kudos to you for defending your art and craftsmanship! La Femme represents not only the talent of the team who created her, but the care taken to ensure other vendors can provide the support she warrants.

As a rigger, I've said many times Dawn is easy to rig for in Poser. Now, with Chuck's Clothing Dev Kit, La Femme is even easier. Clothing comes out of the Setup Room nearly ready for a store! Does a good rigger have to look at every joint and ensure they are "commercial ready?" Yes, but it's part of rigging commercial products! And there's far less refining and re-working than any figure I have ever rigged for.

This whole idea that every figure ever developed for Poser will have to use the old technology and products of V4 is, and always will be, a ridiculous fallacy. Not only does DAZ replace their figures every 2 years, asking their customers to dump all their existing content for the new girl, they re-work the same clothing and sell it BACK to their customers for the new girl - Morphing Fantasy Dress, version 8, anyone? It's the same dress, using the same textures! And, a large chunk of those customers are former Poser users!!!!!!!! I'm not saying there's anything wrong with this approach, I'm just saying let's put this silly meme to bed once and for all. It's never been true, and it's certainly not true now.

La Femme is an amazing figure, using everything Poser is capable of delivering to their customers. Everyone I speak to has spent a great deal of time "getting to know her" and complaining only that using her is addictive. They're having a good time in Poser again, enjoying using it.

Because of La Femme!

DalekSupreme ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 7:46 AM

Blackhearted posted at 11:46PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345213

"My products may be for sale but I am not. I'm not going to sit here quietly while you bash them with unfounded criticism thinly veiled behind 'I wish it well'. A question posted across forums is someone looking for an answer: a complaint reposted simultaneously in several forums is someone trying to stir the pot. You have around 50 posts bashing Victoria 7 in the exact same way -- I don't use DS or Genesis much, but saying that Victoria 7 brings nothing to the table over Victoria 4 is totally absurd."

Thats "Total BS" Blackhearted. Go ahead take what you want out of context to blow something up beyond belief. You had to go personal. BOOM. The nuclear option

I have not had 50 posts on any topic in total here and have not posted in years due to fabricating trolls arguing the toss. Most comments I did make were in response to some tedious "Poser is crap" rubbish nothing to do with the merits of a figure I cannot use. For Pity's sake I am not wedded to V4... why in gods name would I spend $100 on La Femme if that was the case? I wanted La Femme to be brilliant.

Its not a "systematic attack" its one blokes opinion... god forbid anyone else makes a comment...

If you had just said " I'm sorry you feel that way, where are you experiencing particular problems, and this is why I decided to do this" then we could have had a nice civil conversation... going over some of the merits of the figure I missed in my ignorance... but no. This is now bigger than Walmart for no good reason. Why? I was just giving my personal opinion. I did not expect you to get so angry about nothing. I'm genuinely sorry. I was not having a go at you personally, but clearly you have decided to attack me personally. That is uncalled for.

Ok you don't like my feedback fine. I will not comment on La Femme again or use her. I have deleted her and all her content. Not because of the figure (and I appreciate the work that has gone into her production) but totally because of your attitude. I happily spent $50 on her accessories made by you. Never again. I have also reviewed my runtime and I am deleting all your historic content I have purchased. Please don't think I will put you out again by giving any further feedback because I would hate that. You will note my emphasis on the other replies I have placed about my personal opinion and the repeated comments about hoping the product does well and that there are aspects about the figure I think are brilliant. I'm sorry if that is so offensive to you.

Please relax. I am no longer a problem for you and I will never buy anything from you again so you won't get offended.

Any criticism I may make is my opinion, I am very sorry if my opinion as a CUSTOMER is "UNFOUNDED" by what my PERSONAL opinion is. I did not realise that I had to unquestionably love everything you make, but I do now. Great. Result. Thank you so much for the product I have enjoyed in the past.

"Several forums" is 2 I was actually looking for the discussion forum, I apologise for posting twice. I genuinely wanted to wish her well. OK.

END OFF.

Please feel free to launch into more personal attacks if it makes you feel better as I will not respond again as I don't want to upset you further. Oh and bash V4 all you like. I really don't care and would love to replace her with something better. I hoped La Femme was it and for everyone else she still could be.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:05 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:11 AM

DalekSupreme posted at 8:48AM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345208

It's nothing to do with the software. Its just a fiddle "FOR ME" finding the right dial at the end of a certain menu and then finding another dial for another part of her mouth and then trying to get the legs a different shape, scrolling through the morphs... and so on...

She has far more flexibility than V4 and infinite variations in everything... and every control you can imagine over every part... Brilliant.

I personally don't have time for that. It is my personal opinion. I'm not saying it's wrong to have a figure this complex. Lots of people will love her, I hope. I also don't like most Rap music. (Waits for sky to fall in)

It is only my personal opinion for what I do with poser. Other people will love her. I wish her well, but due to other comments I have now deleted the figure from my runtime and I will not personally support the figure going forward. This has nothing to do with the figure itself or the hard work that went into creating it.

Well here's the reason I ask. A lot of the things you have issues with may be due to misunderstandings both in the Poser software itself, and in the features in the figure. This isn't meant as an attack, by the way ... it's an attempt to help.

First ... the "endless nested menus" aren't really a La Femme issue. It's a Poser issue. There is a setting in the Preferences dialog that controls how many levels in a body hierarchy you see before Poser creates a "subfolder" in the actor menu. Choose Edit > Preferences and click the Interface tab. The setting that controls the number of submenus in the body part list is the Hierarchical Threshold setting in the "Object Popup" tab. Here is what the Poser manual says about that:

Object Popup Menu: When you use the Object Popup menu to select an actor in your scene, the menu arranges them in a series of submenus. The value entered in the Hierarchical Threshold field determines the maximum number of actors that are allowed to appear in a menu item before they appear in a branch beneath the previous level. Lower values increase the number of submenus. If you want all items to appear in a single level in the hierarchy, enter a higher value such as 200.

With that out of the way, here is the main reason I asked if you are using Poser 11:

"It's nothing to do with the software. Its just a fiddle "FOR ME" finding the right dial at the end of a certain menu and then finding another dial for another part of her mouth and then trying to get the legs a different shape, scrolling through the morphs... and so on..."

When you first load LaFemme you will notice rectangular "face chips" in her face. You can use these chips in one of two ways. You can either click and drag the chip to "pose" that part of her face, or click the face chip and then the correct parameter dial will appear in the Parameters palette. There really isn't a need to scroll through a menu to select the correct body part. Just click the face chip and there you go.

As far as changing the shape, there are tons of face morphs built into La Femme, and body morphs available for purchase seperately. These morphs are no different than using the Morphs++ pack for Victoria 4. Same difference. If you are used to V4 body morphs, La Femme has the same capability there.

As far as posing the toes, there is no need to pose each toe individually ... just select the lToe or the rToe actor and bend as you would on any other Poser figure. Though I might recommend also playing with the Metatarsal bone in her foot because you can get EXTREMELY realistic foot arches by playing with it. Really!

Also, a lot of people are missing that there are Face and Body Morph injections in the Pose library. If you inject the "INJ All Face Morphs" injection you'll end up with over 140 face morphs that shape eyes, nose, mouth, lips, cheeks, chin, jaw and more. These are used just like the Victoria morph packs to create different character faces.

There is a PDF manual that comes with La Femme that points out some other stuff that might be helpful, you'll find it in the documentation folder.

I realize that La Femme won't be everyone's cup of tea ... we each have our own preferences and tastes. But a lot of the issues that you raised might be because any new figure takes some getting used to, and La Femme will be no exception to that. Maybe one day you'll give her another try.

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:21 AM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 8:23 AM

DalekSupreme posted at 8:22AM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345219

I have not had 50 posts on any topic in total here and have not posted in years due to fabricating trolls arguing the toss. Most comments I did make were in response to some tedious "Poser is crap" rubbish nothing to do with the merits of a figure I cannot use.

A civil conversations with you is impossible as evidenced by your behavior in this thread.

A vendor, an admin, a customer.. you could be the Pope -- it makes no difference to me. Everyone is accountable for their behavior. If you jump in swinging, then don't expect to be coddled.

Other than to re-emerge to bash LaFemme, your only activity in the past 7 years was to bash Victoria 7, with basically the exact same passive-aggressive statements you are re-posting here, each one starting with a 'I'm sure she's fantastic', 'I wish her well', etc ?

dalek1.JPG

dalek2.JPG

dalek3.JPG

Unfortunately I should have taken this advice:

dalek4.JPG

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 10:14 AM

No feeding.

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 10:40 AM

Thanks for the V4 hair fit.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 11:38 AM

BTW: I have notice while La Femme's arms look great when moving up, her arm joints leave room for improvements, when moving down. One suggestion whould be to offer more JCMs a an add on to fix some minor joint issues, in the marketplace or the free stuff area.

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 11:48 AM

Timberwolf, could you elaborate? I think her arms look pretty good?

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:07 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:57 PM

Letterworks posted at 7:07PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345247

fantastic.jpgahhhm, not so much.jpg

duanemoody ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:10 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:12 PM

A few further observations:

• LF has kind of horsey teeth but there aren't any teeth morphs for either upper or lower, not even fangs. The HD morphs pack doesn't appear to have any either judging by store material (haven't bought it yet)
  • Upper/Lower teeth for some reason have the head's phonemes under Morphs and show a Phonemes list (that doesn't expand). Can these be hidden and left in Head where they belong?

Again, thanks for the free iris and V4 hair fit morphs and apologies for not making more renders, new puppy in household eating most of my spare time.

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:12 PM

OK, well I didn;t work on the figure but I took that as the same reason for spacing between the legs, It makes it way easier to rig clothing without a ton of poke thru or even pushing in of the fabric, Maybe I'm wrong but that's why I figured it was done that way... as a compromise. Personally I would have opted for an A pose which I think is also way easier to model clothing for.

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:17 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:18 PM

Letterworks posted at 7:13PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345251

OK, well I didn;t work on the figure but I took that as the same reason for spacing between the legs, It makes it way easier to rig clothing without a ton of poke thru or even pushing in of the fabric, Maybe I'm wrong but that's why I figured it was done that way... as a compromise. Personally I would have opted for an A pose which I think is also way easier to model clothing for.

Technically I agree, an A-pose would have been the better choice, but I understand, they wanted it to make it easier to convert other clothes to LF. I don't think it should be to much of an issue. Just another market niche. Just make JCMs for fixing little joint issues.

qaz ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:21 PM

So, the moment of truth. New figure loaded. Can I make a morph for it. Well here it is, quick and dirty. la femme dirty copy.jpg

So looks great out of the box. I can create morphs for it unlike evo. It comes supplied with a decent texture - awesome. Superb bending. Well done guys.

This is day one so still finding my way round. Can't find a jaw In-Out morph. Is there one ? The mouth could be a bit of a problem. Need to find a way to overwrite so I have the mouth the way I prefer.

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:29 PM

Nice job!

Jaw in/out was missed. Apologies. I thought I caught it all! LOL

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:36 PM · edited Sun, 10 February 2019 at 2:59 PM

-Timberwolf- posted at 1:35PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345248

Letterworks posted at 7:07PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345247

fantastic.jpgahhhm, not so much.jpg

Duane, I'm not seeing that large of a gap so I can only assume that it's due to different lighting. Can you give me the settings you used for that pose so I can be sure?

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:37 PM

To get to my point again:

image.png

This is my body interface for Hampelmann. You can select actors with the click of a button, you can move or translate actors as well. Hampelmann is here in Free Stuff, I will do an interface for the head as well. Anyone interested?

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:54 PM

The gap may also be due to shoulder fwd/back and twist. Are you using the arms down pose dial on the body, or moving them manually?

There's a lot you can do with joints by moving not just the primary actor (in this case the shoulder) but also the supporting actors like the collars.. or in the case of the neck/head by distributing twists and bends between them instead of cranking the head around 90 degrees, for example.

With 3D figures there's always gotta be a compromise somewhere: I would have happily made 100 JCMs, but then every single clothing creator would have to match each of those JCMs in clothing. It's a fine line :(

operaguy ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:55 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:57 PM

qaz, try using the face chips to move the mouth. You'll get all the subtlety you want. [They are for expression, though, not permanent character traits]

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 12:56 PM

bantha posted at 12:55PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345257

image.png

This is my body interface for Hampelmann. You can select actors with the click of a button, you can move or translate actors as well. Hampelmann is here in Free Stuff, I will do an interface for the head as well. Anyone interested?

Looks neat... what's a Hampelmann? O_o

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:18 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:27 PM

Blackhearted posted at 1:05PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345260

bantha posted at 12:55PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345257

image.png

Looks neat... what's a Hampelmann? O_o

Hampelmann is the german word for a Jumping Jack, I suppose. The puppet with a string toddlers use. If you pull the string, arms and legs move.

The programm is here:

https://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/hampelmann---figure-posing-tool-for-poser-8/58913

I've put the body template here. I will upload the face template when I'm happy with it.

http://poser.maredias.de/Hampelmann-LaFemme-Body.zip

Copy the files from the ZIP into the data folder, on windows in %appdata%roamingPoser_ProacbHampelmann The Import function most likely won't work.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:22 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:23 PM

Blackhearted posted at 8:11PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345258

The gap may also be due to shoulder fwd/back and twist. Are you using the arms down pose dial on the body, or moving them manually?

Yes , arms down pose dials only.

With 3D figures there's always gotta be a compromise somewhere: I would have happily made 100 JCMs, but then every single clothing creator would have to match each of those JCMs in clothing. It's a fine line :(

Oh I understand completley. -1. You don't have to do all the work. Leave something up to the community.

-2. There is something, that SmithMicro urgentley has to adress, and that is, how Poser is handling clothes. It appears to be an anachronismn to me, that figure creators have to limit themselves, to prevent a clothing problem, or have to create a complete dummy figure set up (cheers ERO). It can't be denied. Poser needs an auto fit system.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:32 PM

Well, I guess there's obviously a lot of work done with this figure. At least this should be easy to fix.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 1:59 PM

bantha I jsut picked it up, what threw me is it says it's for Poser 8 so I was afraid it wouldn;t work with LaFemme

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 2:16 PM

-Timberwolf- posted at 3:14PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345252

Letterworks posted at 7:13PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345251

Technically I agree, an A-pose would have been the better choice, but I understand, they wanted it to make it easier to convert other clothes to LF. I don't think it should be to much of an issue. Just another market niche. Just make JCMs for fixing little joint issues.

I think an a pose may have also affected walk designer support.

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 3:29 PM

Maybe I'm not sure ,I just figured there was a good reason since so many poseable figures have been made with the T pose. Still in all I think she's a fantastic figure.

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 3:48 PM · edited Mon, 04 February 2019 at 3:48 PM

Letterworks posted at 3:44PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345264

bantha I jsut picked it up, what threw me is it says it's for Poser 8 so I was afraid it wouldn;t work with LaFemme

It works in all Poser versions since Poser 8. The editor is buggy, but I know how to get around these bugs, IMHO. Dizzie has never updated it, but it works.

Here is the Interface I did for the facial controls. It's much less intuitive, but I don't know how to do it better.

image.png

I still have a little testing to do, but then I will upload this.

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Letterworks ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:15 PM

cool, will be giving it a work out

xocxoc ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:42 PM

The thread so far:

Here's a mix of Deecey's Asian Flower face, with Akaste Hair thanks to Blackhearted's V4 head fix, and Ghostship's Superfly lighting. Rendered on default Superfly, took about 4 minutes.lafemme1.jpg

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:45 PM

SuperFly Low Render settings test on "La Femme" and "Ma Femme". La femme loaded as she comes. Ma Femme after a visit to Blender to merge and remove material zones, and to Krita for texture merging, and with my default texture node setups. (=> Took about 38 minutes to convert La Femme to Ma Femme.) LaFemme and MaFemme.png

PS, the above is a single area render. Material zones are :

• Cornea
  • Eye
  • Lashes
  • Skin

bantha ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:54 PM

I've uploaded a beta face template on my website:

Head Template Hampelmann

-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Blackhearted ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 4:59 PM

Cool.

I tried getting some MAT zones merged (notably the lips:skinhead, and making some masks for shader combinations), but the reaction from all texturers was 'WTF!' so that's likely not going to happen yet, people are too used to the separate zones.

The base shaders can always use some improvement, none of us are shader gurus. If the community develops some better shaders and they are OK with it we can either merge them into an upcoming update as a new shader folder, or even replace one of the base shaders. Some of the new morphs and things like the corneas will probably make it in, if only into a 'Bonus Content' folder.

Just keep in mind that user-friendliness is also a big consideration. For example the refracted eyes are significantly better than the default shaders, and I use them in most of my renders, however they load in as beady white 'Marilyn Manson eyes' and if someone doesn't have the proper render settings enabled then they will render like shiny black demon eyes. So they don't really work as the 'default'.

tonyvilters ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 5:24 PM

Blackhearted posted at 12:14AM Tue, 05 February 2019 - #4345298

Cool.

THE trick to merge the skin is to stack the UV fields VERTCALLY. Poser has a known issue with horizontally merged skins. => in Mantis for some time now by me.. Head on bottom, torso above, and limbs on top. => Skin texture becomes 12288 high and 4096 wide.

Put a HSV node between "Skin" and the PhysicalSurface Diffuse and you suddenly have a complete "Skin" adapter. LOL.

Since the same trick works on ALL figures, but very easy to do with La Femme, I might make a video about this procedure.

Your remark about eyes. => What do you see? => Correct , the cornea. => That is what you see (or don't) and becomes the most important material on an eye.

Best regards, Tony

RobZhena ( ) posted Mon, 04 February 2019 at 5:55 PM

Blackhearted posted at 6:52PM Mon, 04 February 2019 - #4345298

I tried getting some MAT zones merged (notably the lips:skinhead, and making some masks for shader combinations), but the reaction from all texturers was 'WTF!' so that's likely not going to happen yet, people are too used to the separate zones.

SM’s modern Pauline amply demonstrated why a single zone is a bad idea for most users (and freebie makers). All makeup had to be the entire face. No mix and match.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.