Thu, Sep 19, 9:33 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:20 pm)

Subject: Orion for Poser 11

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 4:31 AM

I second that. more previews please!

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

quietrob ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 8:55 PM

Pinging for updates and a fun thread

randym77 ( ) posted Tue, 09 July 2019 at 11:15 PM

I like him.

Dusk is a bit too beefy for my taste, even with the body morphs that make him smaller. My favorite male figure remains David 3 weight-mapped, though I have more stuff for M4 and so use him more. Orion reminds me a bit of David.

Biscuits ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 1:35 PM

Are the UV-maps final yet?

I would love to see them!

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

duanemoody ( ) posted Tue, 16 July 2019 at 2:51 PM

My first priority would be what I need to do to the skull to use legacy hair content.

How's the head geometry subdivided in terms of mouth interior: is it separate (DAZ), all one piece with the head (Scarlet), mouth and jaw a separate mesh (Hivewire) or something else?

AmbientShade ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 5:13 PM
Online Now!

Biscuits posted at 5:53PM Wed, 17 July 2019 - #4357153

Are the UV-maps final yet?

Unless I run into some major issue (haven't so far), yes they're final. He is UDIM mapped and all the UV templates will be included. There are 7 tiles total.

duanemoody posted at 5:54PM Wed, 17 July 2019 - #4357162

My first priority would be what I need to do to the skull to use legacy hair content.

Depends on what hair you're trying to use. He's the same height as M3, M4 and the E-Frontier G2 guys, so there shouldn't be too much involved in getting hair to fit. Conforming hair might be a bit more involved since the rigs are all somewhat different. (Orion has waist, abdomen and chest groups while M4 only has abdomen and chest, for example). He will have hair and beard options available at release.

How's the head geometry subdivided in terms of mouth interior: is it separate (DAZ), all one piece with the head (Scarlet), mouth and jaw a separate mesh (Hivewire) or something else?

The body geometry is all one continuous closed mesh. The only pieces that are separate are the eyes and nails. I had originally made the nail geometry continuous with the body but I didn't like the results of that so I made them separate.

Wanted to include some more images with this post but haven't had time for rendering lately so I'm just replying so you don't think I'm ignoring you.

Morkonan ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 7:41 PM

[AmbientShade]... So weight maps and anatomically correct geometry can get you pretty close, but jcms are still going to be required for extreme poses. They just aren't as much of a requirement as they used to be in older figures. In order to completely remove the dependency on jcms you would have to replace them with helper/ghost bones, which can be just as problematic when rigging clothing, sometimes moreso.

^--- This.

Though, I'm not as JCM-adverse as some when it comes down to ultimate rendering quality of a figure vs the work required to get it that way by the user. For me, the key there is "How heavy is it." The final processing/memory footprint can be important, especially considering that most users will be rendering it on the same PC they use for playing Solitaire/whatever, not a cloud farm. Getting completely past JCMs would require... something that does the same thing as JCMs. :)

Anyone who has ever created a human figure knows this one simple thing - The human shoulder is a marvel of ancient evolutionary design. I mean... what the heck? :) It is the most difficult to rig part of human anatomy. Nothing else comes close to be as hard as rigging a realistic shoulder joint that actually acts like one.

On that, I see you've emphasized the collar bones, somewhat isolating the neck and slope of the shoulders about halfway. (Shoulders are the first topo I look at on the body, after the face for basic human face topo skill in evidence.) What's the rigging there like? Do the collarbones pucker or "break" sometimes? I'd love to see their movement, if you have a posed pic.

On the face - Ah, the joy of "cheek stars." I hate those. :) V4 has 'em as well as some unfortunately placed diamonds, IIRC. But, overall, that mesh, as well as yours, is very nicely constructed for high-detail still rendering and morphing, too. The latter is always important as some people don't realize how valuable geometry forcing its own "control" during the character morphing process. With a good figure, nobody producing a character should have to wonder where they are, exactly, on a well constructed mesh. Nobody. Blob meshes are for quick animation and throw-away work or for game production, not for high-res still rendering.

It looks like a nice figure, so far. Any plans for a female or a female morph for this base mesh?

PS - Don't incorporate any gens in the base. It's a waste of effort. I'm sure you know that, but am ironically forced to mention it. Provide an accessory for that as humans sometimes wear pants. (Crazy, I know! :) )

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 10:30 PM
Forum Moderator

Biscuits posted at 10:28PM Wed, 17 July 2019 - #4356080

AmbientShade posted at 12:09PM Fri, 05 July 2019 - #4355555

Also considering taking the whole project to patreon or some other avenue at least until he's completed, as there hasn't been much interest shown lately due in large part to this community being so gynocentric.

End quote

• Trying out Patreon is a good idea for all creators, there are many ways to use Patreon, the beauty of it is you get closer to the fans and supporters who really have heart for your passion in creation.

I am happy that I made a Patreon page to distribute all my goodies that way and no longer through freestuff...it’s so much more loving/rewarding this way and you can actually ask people for feedback.

• About the gynocentric part, yes I always yelled I’m not gonna do male content, it doesn’t interest me....however.....your orion and venus are the best modelled figures in the DS and Poserverse....and as I have a deep love for excellent topology.....it’s not unthinkable anymore.....:P

Biscuits, do you have a link to your Patreon page, so I can download some of your freebies? TIA!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 17 July 2019 at 10:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Ambientshade, I am IMPRESSED with your Orion and Venus figures and want them both in my runtime! The sooner the better (I know, I'm impatient and an eager beaver), but I'm willing to wait till you get them just right before releasing them on an unsuspecting public. Can't have too many Poser figures to have fun with 😀

Keep up the awesome work!

Biscuits ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 7:07 AM · edited Thu, 18 July 2019 at 7:16 AM

Anim8dtoon posted at 2:03PM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357288

Biscuits, do you have a link to your Patreon page, so I can download some of your freebies? TIA!

My Patreon Page:

https://www.patreon.com/Biscuits3D

My YouTube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVlbKGkS-TA00LBxUvw5fA

My Twitter Feed!

https://twitter.com/Biscuits3D

My Deviant Art!

https://www.deviantart.com/biscuits3d

Or...Take a lookie in my Profile >>> Bio tab.

https://www.renderosity.com/?uid=572568

There I put all linkies to my socials and videochannel!

My 2D&3D Store 

My Youtube Channel

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 8:22 AM
Forum Moderator

Biscuits posted at 8:18AM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357311

Anim8dtoon posted at 2:03PM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357288

My Patreon Page:

https://www.patreon.com/Biscuits3D

My YouTube Channel!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwVlbKGkS-TA00LBxUvw5fA

My Twitter Feed!

https://twitter.com/Biscuits3D

My Deviant Art!

https://www.deviantart.com/biscuits3d

Or...Take a lookie in my Profile >>> Bio tab.

https://www.renderosity.com/?uid=572568

There I put all linkies to my socials and Biscuits, TY so much! I’m off to get some of your wonderful goodies now. Have a wonderful day and keep up the awesome work you do ???????

AmbientShade ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 4:17 PM
Online Now!

Morkonan posted at 5:07PM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357275

It looks like a nice figure, so far. Any plans for a female or a female morph for this base mesh?

Yes, there is a female. Her name is Venus. I was going to wait and make her own thread but since I haven't had as much time to fill this thread with all the renders for Orion that I'd hoped to have done by now, here's a sample render of Venus I did some weeks ago. She is not a morph she's her own figure, created from Orion's mesh. Their geometry is slightly different in a couple key places (breasts and genitals, really that's about it). Otherwise it's the same mesh and rigging/morphing/scaling all function the same. Ignore the hair, it's not hers, she just borrowed it for the moment til she gets her own. I've been building them in tandem, but lately have been focusing most of my efforts on getting Orion finished.

VenusBaseTrioWIP01.png

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Thu, 18 July 2019 at 4:45 PM
Forum Moderator

AmbientShade posted at 4:41PM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357373

Morkonan posted at 5:07PM Thu, 18 July 2019 - #4357275

Yes, there is a female. Her name is Venus. I was going to wait and make her own thread but since I haven't had as much time to fill this thread with all the renders for Orion that I'd hoped to have done by now, here's a sample render of Venus I did some weeks ago. She is not a morph she's her own figure, created from Orion's mesh. Their geometry is slightly different in a couple key places (breasts and genitals, really that's about it). Otherwise it's the same mesh and rigging/morphing/scaling all function the same. Ignore the hair, it's not hers, she just borrowed it for the moment til she gets her own. I've been building them in tandem, but lately have been focusing most of my efforts on getting Orion finished.

VenusBaseTrioWIP01.png

Whoaaah! Awesome figure. I can not wait to get the two of them in my runtime. One can’t have too many figures to play with. Need a beta tester? I am pretty much retired and have the time to put them through their paces....just say the word!

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2019 at 7:29 PM
Forum Moderator

Please post more renders of Orion while we're waiting for his release....PLEASE! Thank you! 😀

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 31 July 2019 at 7:56 PM

I keep reading the thread title as "Onion for Poser". o.O

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

R_Hatch ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2019 at 12:41 AM

Did it make you cry XD

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 01 August 2019 at 6:22 AM

R_Hatch posted at 12:22PM Thu, 01 August 2019 - #4358476

Did it make you cry XD

😂

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

erogenesis ( ) posted Fri, 02 August 2019 at 3:12 PM

Yo shades just wanna say I'm looking forward to what you're going to do with Orion. My girls are getting bored of M4. Just gotta ask what's happening between Orion's legs? You're taking care of that yourself or are you leaving that to us naughty people? 😁

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

R_Hatch ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2019 at 12:55 AM

They're incorporated into the main figure, with a morph to simulate sub-zero temperatures if you need to hide them under clothing.

erogenesis ( ) posted Sat, 03 August 2019 at 12:12 PM

lol ok cool. cheers!

R_Hatch posted at 7:11PM Sat, 03 August 2019 - #4358584

They're incorporated into the main figure, with a morph to simulate sub-zero temperatures if you need to hide them under clothing.

"The fool is not the one that does something foolish, but the one that does nothing at all."

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2019 at 12:46 PM
Online Now!

An update (so's y'all don't think I've abandoned the thread):

I've been working on finishing Orion's face rig. That's some tedious work as it's 40 bones that each need 3 weight maps, a scale map and a smooth translation map. Along with that I had to recut a couple of his groups so that he's more compatible with certain features and some other content down the road. That wasn't the chore I thought it would be as most of the morphs and FBMs I've done so far still worked after the re-cut, they just required a little bit of cleaning up on the weight maps. And scaling zones. Those can be tricky and take a while.

I'm also working on his skin textures, along with hair and beard in zbrush. Along with working full time and other boring RL house maintenance stuff, so I don't get to spend as much time every day on him as I'd like to. But things are progressing and his rigging is almost fully complete, pretty much just doing fine-tuning/cleanup work now.

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2019 at 1:22 PM

YEA!!!

Ta for the update, Shane! +10

erogenesis ( ) posted Sun, 04 August 2019 at 4:59 PM

AmbientShade posted at 11:58PM Sun, 04 August 2019 - #4358691

I've been working on finishing Orion's face rig. That's some tedious work as it's 40 bones that each need 3 weight maps, a scale map and a smooth translation map. Along with that I had to recut a couple of his groups so that he's more compatible with certain features and some other content down the road. That wasn't the chore I thought it would be as most of the morphs and FBMs I've done so far still worked after the re-cut, they just required a little bit of cleaning up on the weight maps. And scaling zones. Those can be tricky and take a while.

Tell me about it!

elena_c ( ) posted Mon, 05 August 2019 at 2:49 AM

Looking forward immensely to his release.

pgtyner ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2019 at 5:20 PM

I am really looking forward to the release of Orion and Venus, especially a Orion because there are not nearly enough male 3D character's. I would also like to care more about your developers kit, due to a back injury I have recently started working to learn to develop product that might help the community as well as help with earning an income for my family.

Miss B ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2019 at 6:16 PM

I'm also waiting for Orion's, and Venus', release, as they're both great looking characters. 🙂

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

jartz ( ) posted Mon, 02 September 2019 at 7:36 PM

I second that.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Giana ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 7:18 AM

i'll third through fifty it... heh

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 10:36 AM · edited Tue, 03 September 2019 at 10:45 AM

I will def be buying these when they are available. I just hope they have content support.

I really wanna diversify may character base. But I've gotten so comfortable with M4 and V4....

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 11:01 AM

I meant to say more, but tit won't let me edit it. I really want Venus and Orion to be my new go to figures. They both look excellent

EClark1894 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 1:31 PM

knyghtmare2021 posted at 2:24PM Tue, 03 September 2019 - #4361081

I will def be buying these when they are available. I just hope they have content support.

I really wanna diversify may character base. But I've gotten so comfortable with M4 and V4....

M4 and V4 are older figures that have been around for some years. While there is nothing wrong with continuing to use them, newer software like Posers 9 through 11 are made to benefit weightmapped figures, which V4 and M4 are not. You CAN get a weightmapped version of V4 called Sasha, but to my knowlwedge, there is no weightmapped version of M4. And you will still need to convert the clothing to weightmapped on your own.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 2:24 PM

EClark1894 posted at 2:22PM Tue, 03 September 2019 - #4361095

knyghtmare2021 posted at 2:24PM Tue, 03 September 2019 - #4361081

M4 and V4 are older figures that have been around for some years. While there is nothing wrong with continuing to use them, newer software like Posers 9 through 11 are made to benefit weightmapped figures, which V4 and M4 are not. You CAN get a weightmapped version of V4 called Sasha, but to my knowlwedge, there is no weightmapped version of M4. And you will still need to convert the clothing to weightmapped on your own.

Sasha is the only verison of V4 I use. I find that M4 is nowhere near as bad as the stock verison of V4, but thats for another discussion. I'm looking forward to using some new figures in Poser, finally, and I'm hoping Venus and Orion deliver.

movida ( ) posted Tue, 03 September 2019 at 7:21 PM

I'm also waiting for these 2 - definitely

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 1:31 AM

ghostman posted at 2:30AM Sat, 28 September 2019 - #4355667

AmbientShade posted at 6:45PM Mon, 01 July 2019 - #4355555

there hasn't been much interest shown lately due in large part to this community being so gynocentric..

I am VERY interested. 😃

Me too! Males all the way! 😆

Laurie

arifzhafir ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 3:46 AM

I'm VERY interested too! And I don't even use Poser, but I have 11Pro, and I will use it for a chance to work with Orion and Venus. Please consider contacting maelwenn and Virtual_World to offer them an opportunity to do original characters to go with him (one from each major racial grouping perhaps). That would be an awesome way to make a splash when he comes out.

Anim8dtoon ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 7:49 PM
Forum Moderator

I definitely want to add Venus and Orion to my Poser runtime, so hopefully they both will be out soon and have community support. Update, please?

Giana ( ) posted Sat, 28 September 2019 at 9:23 PM

ooo, i, too, would love an update of any kind... pretty please?

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 1:43 AM

Exactly, I like to know too!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

samsiahaija ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 4:50 AM

I like both a lot, but after Mankahoo's Bella, Project Evolution and La Femme, I think we need a new male figure more than a new female. Keep it up; looking forward to the finished versions.

FleetR ( ) posted Sun, 29 September 2019 at 5:02 PM

I want both. They look so good.

Maybe they will be completed soon and will receive super community support.

knyghtmare2021 ( ) posted Sun, 13 October 2019 at 1:51 PM

Any news on these figures?

elena_c ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 9:26 AM

Seconding the enquiry after news. Not to sound weird on main, but I need a new man.

movida ( ) posted Thu, 24 October 2019 at 1:01 PM

"Me too" me on the above (both of them)

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 10:57 AM
Online Now!

I had to take a break for a bit, but I'm still working on him. His rigging is finished and I've been working on setting up erc's and some morphs. Currently using him in another project, which helps me iron out some issues and create more morphs and content as needed. I've been thinking about making him available on gumroad for those interested in supporting his development and gaining early access. I'd of course include all updates and corrections that I find, and some exclusive stuff that won't be available in wide release, as a thanks for helping, and come up with some other incentives along the way.

Giana ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 12:27 PM

i'll accept that deal... absolutely :)

DreaminGirl ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 3:34 PM

Gumroad is fine with me!

jartz ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 5:18 PM

DreaminGirl posted at 5:17PM Sun, 27 October 2019 - #4368483

Gumroad is fine with me!

Second with that. I'm totally interested in support of your figures. Let us know, but do take care of yourself.

movida ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 7:31 PM

"Me too" yet again! Gumroad is fine :)

estherau ( ) posted Sun, 27 October 2019 at 11:32 PM

looking forward to the finished one. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

VedaDalsette ( ) posted Tue, 29 October 2019 at 10:31 PM

AmbientShade, that gorgeous and only 31K? I'm sighin' for Orion.

W11,Intel i9-14900KF @ 3.20GHz, 64.0 GB RAM, 64-bit, GeForce GTX 4070 Ti SUPER, 16GB. 

Old lady hobbyist.

All visual art or fiction is "playing with dolls."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.