Fri, Sep 20, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 4:25 pm)

Subject: DINA GOES REAL..................YA GOTTA SEE THIS

RemCreations ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 11:21 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:19 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_222203.jpg

THis is my model dina and I made the skin. It's based on photos of real people. It took me months to create the skin. The hair is also looking real. It took 4 hours to make this brown hair. It has 40,000 different hairs. I hope you like it Remco

Calseeor ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 11:37 AM

She is gorgeous. GREAT job on the skin and hair. Very well done. I like the attention to detail, such as the tan line and the moles. Very nice.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 11:39 AM

Not to bust on all your hard work and everything, but her hands don't look like Dina's...they look like Vicky's. I see some of the bent finger malformations on them. And they don't look like Dina's hands much. How did you fix the collar bone? Believe me, I'm not being over critical, I'm just making an observation :). Laurie

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 12:36 PM

Looks good, Rem, though it appears there are still some bulges in the neck area where it joins the body (look just under the ends of Dina's hair in the closeup on the left.) As someone who's played around quite a bit with morphing Dina, I'd love the chance to get a better look at what you've obviously spent a lot of time on. The texture is pretty, but I'm amazed at the look of the mesh. Could you post an image of your new Dina in the default position with no hair, so we can get a better look? A wireframe render of her like that would be even better, so we can see the vertice distribution and how you've morphed the body. -nemo

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 12:53 PM

file_222205.jpg

Gee, 4 hours and 40,000 hairs, and it looks just like some other hair I could name (which I happen to know took a lot longer than 4 hours!). You are kidding, right? And now that Laurie points out what I should have noticed the first time, it, this is either SMMV or some other Vickie character, right? ;-) Don't kid the kidders!

RemCreations ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 1:06 PM

I don't kiddin' I really took me 4 hours to make the hair text. In this hair you couldn't see it very good, but In kaz's hair you can see it. And it's really dina's body. The body is based on the body of vickie

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 1:14 PM

"And it's really dina's body. The body is based on the body of vickie" Then could you post us some clearer images of it? Some wireframe shots so we can see how the mesh is morphed? Laurie and Jim are right, it does look very much like Vickie around the collarbone (a Dina trouble spot) and around the hands, and not like Dina. It must have involved a huge amount of work to resculpture Dina like this. This is the fourth or fifth time you've posted about your Supermodel Dina, so it seems like you're anxious to show her off. Please, let's see lots of details on how on you did it.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 1:18 PM

One other thing...how could it have taken you months to do a texture for a model that's only been out little better than a month? Did you beta test her? Just askin' ;). Laurie

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:22 PM

Uh-oh :)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:32 PM

O.K., just I'm still not buying it, though. Nor am I accusing you of anything other than trying to make a spoof, but I know that is my Hollywood Hair (not K's), perhaps (very slightly) morphed, and that is mostly Vickies (or SMV's or SMMV's) body, gee look at the belly button (it shows better in some of your other renders), I've started on SMD, and you are never going to morph Dina's belly button to look like Vickies - and why would you even want to? And why does she have high-heel feet in every render? (just like SMMV & SMV!) Youth wants to know! ;-)

Kageboshi ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:36 PM

'but I know that is my Hollywood Hair' 'And why does she have high-heel feet in every render? (just like SMMV & SMV!)' D'OH!

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:47 PM

file_222207.jpg

Here is the real work-in-progress SMD. I haven't touched her in a week (been finishing my French Maid), but she has roughly SMV's measurements, Dina's detailing, and Dina's head Later she will have SMD's detailing, which will be different from, but equal too, SMV's No one is going to belive you unless you can produce a render of her in mesh, that is all it will take, BTW!

duanemoody ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:55 PM

Attached Link: http://www.facialsurgery.com

Dina's nose always disturbs me, especially when accompanied by the word "REAL" in an image. The nares are too thin, poorly defined (i.e., nothing to suggest the cartilaginous structures), too open and wide, and the columella is level with the nares (a classic mistake in Posette and Vicky). This link to a lecturer in plastic surgery (with prior formal training in engineering) is an excellent resource for an artist who needs to model the human nose, regardless of which media is being used. Just as you can't properly model the head without understanding the structure of the skull, you can't model the nose without understanding its surprisingly complex structure, a combination of soft and hard cartilage and surrounding bone structures. If I could find more plastic surgery sites this educational I'd be in heaven.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 2:55 PM

Color me awestruck. Damn, Jim, she looks great!! And at the risk of sounding like a broken record, could I see a wireframe render of her? I'm not trying to be an ass... I really am curious. I've spent some time trying to morph Dina's body myself, and I know how difficult it is. I just want to look and learn. And Remc, every time you have posted images of your "Supermodel Dina" before, you have abruptly left the thread and stopped answering questions as soon as people have asked you for wireframe shots, etc. The last time you posted, I pointed out some neck artifacts in your image that made it look very much as though the render was of Dina's head mesh stuck on SMV's body mesh. Here's your chance to show everyone that I don't know what the hell I'm talking about and that your SMD is the real deal.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:20 PM

Wait, never mind... I just re-read Jim Burton's post and it's clear to me now that Jim said his version of SMD is SMV's body and Dina's head. Sorry, I will work on my reading comprehension :-> I just got all worked up at the idea that someone had finally managed to eliminate all traces of DinaV's implants. You're not off the hook though, Remc... let's see them wireframes...

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:23 PM

uh-oh x 2 :)

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:35 PM

fauve, Jim Burton said he DID morph Dina's mesh and that SMD is not SMV with Dina's head, but Dina's actual morphed geometry. He's just trying to play with Dina's mesh to get her close to SMV's dimensions and specs so that SMD can wear SMV's clothes. But Jim IS using all Dina, no Vicky. I wish I could say the same for Remco's even tho he did do a good job. If I wanted Dina's head with Vicky's body, I could do it myself tho. Laurie

DTHUREGRIF ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:37 PM

Jim, I was trying to figure out where I'd seen that hair before! I agree, this does not look like Dina's body. I thought that when I saw the series of renders from the other post. The hands and feet are definitely Vicki's (or SMV). That broken finger is a dead giveaway. I also noticed in the other series of renders posted by RemCreations that the joints on the elbows and knees act more like Vicki's than Dina's. Also look at those other renders and you will see "cut" lines in the abdomen that are definitely Vicki's. That's not something that would be very easy to translate to Dina's body. Her abdomen does have the mesh designed for a "six-pack" look, but it is very different from Vicki's.

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 3:44 PM

<>... Thanks, Laurie. Man, when people start swapping heads and bodies around, I get all confused...

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 4:10 PM

Please don't ask him to post a wire frame pic, at least not until he's learnt to crop it to a sensible size.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:19 PM

file_222208.jpg

Gee, I'm confused too! ;-) What I ment by "SMD has SMV's body" is I've got Dina's mesh started on the road to matching the shape of SMV, which will be step 1, then she will go her own way. She is all Dina, honest! Just to confuse the issue, here is a "fake" SMD, which is Dina's head on SMV's body, using a upper neck adaper which needs-more-work (I only spent about 5 minutes on it). No texture mapping at all (I wasn't about to start on that), and fake SMD is posed with one of the poses that come with SMV, only with the head looking forward. I think this pose was also used on "YA GOTTA SEE THIS" too, now that I look at it, and I don't think Dina can use SMV poses (not for the same look, anyway).

Jim Burton ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:22 PM

Actually, I ment "no textures at all" just a skin color set.

Turtle ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:27 PM

Wow!!! Jim, I won your SMV, and one day I decided to use one of your poses for reg vicky and her face then looked just like a big version of SMV. I thought that was amazing. I know very little on this tech stuff but that hair is Jim's. I'll sit back now and just keep learing from you nice people. :O)

Love is Grandchildren.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:30 PM

Woohoo...that's it! Those are the hands exactly, right down to the pose. Tsk, tsk ;). Laurie

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:43 PM

i been reading this thread throughout the day but,...what the heck is SMV and SMD, somebody please! I feel like i'm reading a newspaper with all these abbreviations. Thanks :p

fauve ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 5:50 PM

file_222210.jpg

Ok pplz look at this... you all MUST look at this or I will post it eighty more times and I won't be doing no sissy image croppign next time! This is my mine all all mine SUPERDINA... she is not some lamer morph job like you peepz do... I have been working on her for years and years, before Jack and Dan and Diane even got the idea to do regular Dina! she is not based on photos of real people, she IS real people! I snuck over to the real Dina V's beach condo in Santa Monica and I stole some of her toenail clippings. Then i got an advanced biochemistry degree and cultured them and made a whole new SUPERDINA clone! I spent more than 400 hours lovingly handpainting every single inch of her body. THen I decided I better start working on a texture for her! It took a crew of over twelve people to hold her down so we could use the Cyberware digitizer on NEW SUPERDINA and she kept demanding that we call her agent the whole time. BUt it was worth it!! isn't she amazing, peepz? Greetz to my dog Jim Burton who only wishes he could do this kind of GODLIKE WORK like I do!! And don't ask me to post any wireframes, ppl 'cause I'm not going to do it. SUPERDINA already kicked my shins once today. Oh, yeah... the hair is by Kozaburo. -nemo (feeling silly today)

ohman ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 6:12 PM

ROFLMAO

dkirk ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 6:29 PM

HOLY SHIT-is she in freestuff or the marketplace? My credit card aint quite maxed out yet.

LaurieA ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2001 at 6:45 PM

;P

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 8:24 AM

file_222211.jpg

Ha!! fauve, you've got it exactly, you going to sell this here or at DAZ? ;-) O.K., for those who joined in late in the story, here are what all those initals mean: Vickie - the original lady sold at DAZ SMV - Supermodel Vickie, my rather extensive modification of Vickies mesh, sold as a complete figure, take Vickie Head morphs and textures (only). SMMV - sort of the same thing, but done as a character, that is a collection of morphs for Vickie. The Mk 1a version sort of confuses the issue, as she has SMV's high-heel feet, the default ( 0 bend) isn't flatfoot, it is on her toes. SMD - Remcreations first posts called her Supermodel Dina, he doesn't call her that any more, but this got me started on my own version of Dina, to be called that, she will be made like SMMD, as a morph set, and she will have the high heel feet, and (I hope) wear SMV's clothing. (SMV has her own line of clothing, too, BTW!) ************************************************* Anyway, here is MY Supermodel Dina, a work in process (she is just roughed out as a proof of concept), part in mesh, which is also how Remcreations is going to have to show his to get anybody to belive it.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 8:33 AM

Attached Link: http://www.bbay.com

file_222212.jpg

I ment "she will be made like SMMV", not SMMD, incidently. Anyway, here is SMMV, same pose, Jane II texture by Cake1, slightly modified, wearing some of SMV's new duds. SMMV can take all the Vickie II head morphs, which I can't legally put in but the purchaser can, if he owns her, they work very well on her, I think. SMV can also use them, if you add the free "back to stock head" morph at my website. Are we all confused even more, yet? Anyway, I will say one thing, Remcreations does do nice renders, a little too big, but nice work. If you really like the figure you know were to buy it, SMMV is sold in the store here, SMV and SMV's clothing is at BBay, per the link.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 9:03 AM

where is the supermodel head on Dina?!? please fix that sooner rather than later so we don't flinch when we pan up her supermodel body then come across that mug! it's like... ooh.. ahh.. ack! btw, $30 for stock Dina and $20 for SMD morphset is fair. (from another thread)

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

LaurieA ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2001 at 9:27 AM

Supermodel Dina's coming along very nicely Jim! :) Laurie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.