Thu, Oct 3, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser 12

Welcome to the Poser 12 Forum

Forum Moderators: nerd Forum Coordinators: nerd

Poser 12 F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 4:44 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Forums! Need help with these versions, advice on upgrading? Etc...you've arrived at the right place!

Looking for Poser Tutorials? Find those HERE

Subject: Future Developments

MNE ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2022 at 6:51 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:18 PM

Final public release with 12.0.1029, which means there will be no 12.1.

Does this mean that the evolution of Poser will stop now?

Does it mean that Poser 13 will be released?

Is it correct to say that the evolution of Poser will stop if there is no announcement about the future development of Poser?

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 11 September 2022 at 7:18 PM
Site Admin

It says the final release of 12.0, not 12. Likely either we will see 12.1 next or possibly 13. Until we hear otherwise, let's stay positive.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 12 September 2022 at 1:39 AM

Two major updates are worked on, and thus waited for: the real support of Unimesh and an Eevee-like system for Cycles-based material.
So I'm sure that there will be a follow-up

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

MNE ( ) posted Thu, 15 September 2022 at 11:51 PM

Yes, we do. Maybe 12.1 or 13 in the future.

But since this is the last version upgrade, I think there should be an announcement about the future.

POSER has not had any novel new features for a while.

At this rate, I can't help but feel that POSER will be left behind by other CG applications.

I don't mean to compare it to DAZ, but I think long-time users will be worried if they can't see what's ahead.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2022 at 8:32 AM
Site Admin

No one is saying this is the last upgrade ever. I don't know what Poser's plans are, but I see nothing to indicate that there won't be future advancement. Those who know the plans are under DNAs so they're limited on what they can tell us. The Poser team is doing the best they can to bring everything up to date. And I'm sure there will be new novel features eventually.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Rhia474 ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2022 at 2:03 PM

Also, consider how many users even here are afraid to use Superfly or even the Cloth Room (if forum users and gallery posters can be considered a sampling of actual userbase). There are still a lot of Poser 8 or earlier style renders around if you peek. The adaptation to the 21st century is as slow and gentle as possible. For reasons like NFAs as well the commo about new developments is limited.

I remember wishing Poser featured more prominent to Rendo's site marketing when they acquired the program. It took them a very long time to implement those changes too, which is usually a sign of limited resources both in staffing and finance. I see nothing to indicate worry here.

JAFO ( ) posted Fri, 16 September 2022 at 2:38 PM

I'm not worried at all... I've been using Poser since Poser 2, We've come a long way baby. While some may not see and appreciate the recent developments of the past couple of years, those of us who use Poser as a daily driver pick up on the subtle nuance of new releases. A lot of that is simply taking what's already there and refining it to make it work better,  faster and more reliably... Sometimes hardly noticeable other times its WHOA!!! where did that come from? If you're doing animation involving dynamics, you know exactly what I mean... Where in the not-so-distant past it was test and tune.. do and redo... scrap that idea and try something else... Now it just works. I don't know how or why... It just does...I think a lot of that comes from a team of people who are for-real  hands-on experienced professionals who actually play the game, other than those who pinch pennies and  focus more on rounding corners to maximize profit margins..... I'll just leave it at that...

Y'all have a great day.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 6:22 AM
JAFO posted at 2:38 PM Fri, 16 September 2022 - #4444597

I'm not worried at all... I've been using Poser since Poser 2, We've come a long way baby. While some may not see and appreciate the recent developments of the past couple of years, those of us who use Poser as a daily driver pick up on the subtle nuance of new releases. A lot of that is simply taking what's already there and refining it to make it work better,  faster and more reliably... Sometimes hardly noticeable other times its WHOA!!! where did that come from? If you're doing animation involving dynamics, you know exactly what I mean... Where in the not-so-distant past it was test and tune.. do and redo... scrap that idea and try something else... Now it just works. I don't know how or why... It just does...I think a lot of that comes from a team of people who are for-real  hands-on experienced professionals who actually play the game, other than those who pinch pennies and  focus more on rounding corners to maximize profit margins..... I'll just leave it at that...

😂😂 that is a good one. "Subtle improvements", I like that one.
Don't forget to mention, that they've charged you with subtle 250 $ for it, including some kind of a cycles render engine, that comes free with Blender.
Being framed with the past two Poser releases never felt better.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 8:00 AM

Nevertrumper posted at 6:22 AM Sat, 17 September 2022 - #4444643

Don't forget to mention, that they've charged you with subtle 250 $ for it, including some kind of a cycles render engine, that comes free with Blender.
In fact, each time someone comes up with such comments, I'm feeling so stupid because I still don't get why those people are still loosing time in Poser's world (including its dedicated threads) if Blender is so better than everything.

Would you, by any chance, have the energy and time to enlighten me, so that I too can acquire certain knowledge that seems to border on the sacred?

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Nas 10TB

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 8:13 PM

WOW  just WOW.... The way I see it, negatives only serve to accentuate the positives. Trolls are gonna troll, chuckle if you must, but be reminded it doesn't amount to much (if anything) in the long run...

Y'all have a great day.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sat, 17 September 2022 at 10:01 PM

I have bought every version of Poser since Poser 5 to Poser Pro 2014 Game Dev and every upgrade was worth it.

If I dont remember it wrong, Poser 11 was a free forced upgrade if one still wanted to use Poser and i can understand why that was the case.

Poser 12, I cant see myself buying it.

I love Poser, still use it and want to support it, Dont know if its poor advertising but I dont see what makes Poser 12 worth it.

Not on a tight budget when it comes to Poser as I always have saved money for upgrades,

Nevertrumper is not completely wrong as I see it and to label the poster a troll is not constructive.

I want to feel about Poser 12 as ive felt before everey other release but its just not there.

Im also afraid that as Renderosity makes a living of selling content, they will focus on adjusting Poser for that kind of user base.

jonnybode ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 8:49 AM

Just to correct myself regarding Poser 11, it was not a free upgrade (see that when i look in my purchase history), it just stopped functioning if one did not install the latest service release (poser 11 could not longer call home to smith micro, that changed with the service release so Poser could validate itself to Renderosity instead).

No problem with that.

JAFO ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 9:08 AM · edited Sun, 18 September 2022 at 9:09 AM

Jonny is right I shouldn't have labeled Nevertrumper a troll , for that please accept my humble apologies. Don't get me wrong descent is a good thing, it creates the demand that leads to improvement. Thanks Jonny for calling me out on that... Now I'll just get back to work...

Y'all have a great day.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 10:38 AM

Honestly, I've seen a few people in my admitedly small "inner circle" of Poser friends who also thought P12 was a waste... until they actually used it. The performance and render time improvements made it worth it for them. Like almost all P12 users, I have P11 installed alongside P12, initially to use older python scripts that haven't been ported over to P12 but... I think I haven't loaded P11 in over a year, last time was to check specific version issues a customer had with a product of mine.

I'm waiting for something like Colorcurvature's Poser Morph Loader to be ported over. But if/when we get true Unimesh, I won't need that either.

Still, my thinking is always, keep to the program (or version) that suits you best. I absolutely adore Blender, and by now I think I've spent more on addons for it than a high-end software would have cost me, and I don't go telling people to quit Poser. I'm using both. Hell I've even been learning DS and I'm not dropping Poser - nor am I gonna go into either program's section of the forums to annoy people about how one is better than the other (personally I think all of the three shine bright in different things and I plan on using all of them.)

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 11:24 AM
Site Admin

Poser 11 wasn't a free upgrade for the most part, but it kind of was. It was a paid-for program. But when Smith Micro shut down its servers, those who used Poser 2014 game dev were given the upgrade for free.

Like Ohki, I find there are a lot of nuances of Poser 12 that make it run so much smoother than Poser 11.

Miss B ( ) posted Sun, 18 September 2022 at 11:53 AM
RedPhantom posted at 11:24 AM Sun, 18 September 2022 - #4444709

Like Ohki, I find there are a lot of nuances of Poser 12 that make it run so much smoother than Poser 11.

I don't use P12 all the time . . . yet . . . but when rendering, super fast compared to P11.  😁

OK . . . Where's my chocolate?

Butterfly Dezignz

RobZhena ( ) posted Wed, 21 September 2022 at 6:00 PM
Rhia474 posted at 2:03 PM Fri, 16 September 2022 - #4444596

Also, consider how many users even here are afraid to use Superfly or even the Cloth Room (if forum users and gallery posters can be considered a sampling of actual userbase). There are still a lot of Poser 8 or earlier style renders around if you peek. The adaptation to the 21st century is as slow and gentle as possible. For reasons like NFAs as well the commo about new developments is limited.

I remember wishing Poser featured more prominent to Rendo's site marketing when they acquired the program. It took them a very long time to implement those changes too, which is usually a sign of limited resources both in staffing and finance. I see nothing to indicate worry here.

Just for the record, I am not afraid to use Superfly or the Cloth Room. I have used Superfly. Superfly is way too complicated for barely any improvement in my renders. The Cloth Room is a time suck and a poor option for scenes with numerous figures. And Poser 11 Pro actually belongs to the 21st century, too.

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Thu, 29 September 2022 at 7:55 AM

I don't believe in future developments. Poser has gone through so many hands, all promising to dime the boat.
Nothing. 
Poser will be a small fan based project only.

moogal ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 4:33 PM
MNE posted at 11:51 PM Thu, 15 September 2022 - #4444571

Yes, we do. Maybe 12.1 or 13 in the future.

But since this is the last version upgrade, I think there should be an announcement about the future.

POSER has not had any novel new features for a while.

At this rate, I can't help but feel that POSER will be left behind by other CG applications.

I don't mean to compare it to DAZ, but I think long-time users will be worried if they can't see what's ahead.

There was not a single thing in v12 that tempted me to upgrade, other than wanting to support development. I thought it was ironic that one of the promotions included a copy of version 11 acknowledging that updating python was (again) going to break a lot of scripts people had come to depend on.
Daz is the obvious comparison as D|S started out as a Poser alternative. But when I think back to why I first wanted to use Poser it's iClone/Character Creator that have really targeted that niche. Honestly, I am curious why anyone just starting out would choose Poser or D|S over that combo. Price? Fear of being nickel-and-dimed to death?
I'm not knocking Poser, I use it several times a week and have it open now. But things like being able to control my character with a game controller, walk paths that follow uneven terrain, huge outdoor environments with lots of figures... It seems like the Poser devs have spent the last decade trying to play catch up with Daz, not actually looking at how the program could be improved from a current user's perspective. I recall nearly two pages of small things that needed improvement from the RDNA forums. But none were the kind of bullet points that move copies, and to my knowledge not a single one has been addressed in the last two full version releases. (Why do those lists always seem to disappear from official forums?)
Instead of fixing known issues with usability and stability, nearly every version has complicated things. Cycles is indeed a better renderer than Firefly, but all I wanted was just a faster Firefly with some fixes like caustics and colored shadows. And as far as upgrading to 12, I have no idea what kind of can of worms that would be opening. But if they ever do implement an accelerated viewport that I can use for final output (I consider Eevee acceptable) I would consider upgrading.

moogal ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 4:40 PM

Y-Phil posted at 8:00 AM Sat, 17 September 2022 - #4444647

Nevertrumper posted at 6:22 AM Sat, 17 September 2022 - #4444643

In fact, each time someone comes up with such comments, I'm feeling so stupid because I still don't get why those people are still loosing time in Poser's world (including its dedicated threads) if Blender is so better than everything.

Would you, by any chance, have the energy and time to enlighten me, so that I too can acquire certain knowledge that seems to border on the sacred?

I just have too many things I started in Poser to abandon it entirely. But if I were comparing it to other options today I don't think it would be in the running for the most compelling option. (Nor would D|S which IMHO is essentially just Poser with different quirks.)

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 10 October 2022 at 5:59 PM
Site Admin
moogal posted at 4:33 PM Mon, 10 October 2022 - #4446320
I recall nearly two pages of small things that needed improvement from the RDNA forums. But none were the kind of bullet points that move copies, and to my knowledge not a single one has been addressed in the last two full version releases. (Why do those lists always seem to disappear from official forums?)
There is a forum here for suggestions for new features for Poser and it does get looked at. When it first came out I thought it was like all those other threads where everyone makes suggestions and they get ignored. But I have seen several of these implemented. Not all. Listing it there isn't a guarantee, some things aren't possible, and some things may need more time for implementation.

moogal ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2022 at 5:42 PM · edited Sat, 15 October 2022 at 5:43 PM
RedPhantom posted at 5:59 PM Mon, 10 October 2022 - #4446330
I recall nearly two pages of small things that needed improvement from the RDNA forums. But none were the kind of bullet points that move copies, and to my knowledge not a single one has been addressed in the last two full version releases. (Why do those lists always seem to disappear from official forums?)
There is a forum here for suggestions for new features for Poser and it does get looked at. When it first came out I thought it was like all those other threads where everyone makes suggestions and they get ignored. But I have seen several of these implemented. Not all. Listing it there isn't a guarantee, some things aren't possible, and some things may need more time for implementation.
I'm not talking about new features, but rather things that have just never worked the way people would prefer that they did... Like having to re-type an item's name every time you save it to the library, or that scenes saved through the file I/O don't have thumbs created/updated, or that changing the viewport camera doesn't change the selected camera. Stuff like that.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2022 at 6:17 PM
Site Admin
moogal posted at 5:42 PM Sat, 15 October 2022 - #4446722
RedPhantom posted at 5:59 PM Mon, 10 October 2022 - #4446330
I'm not talking about new features, but rather things that have just never worked the way people would prefer that they did... Like having to re-type an item's name every time you save it to the library, or that scenes saved through the file I/O don't have thumbs created/updated, or that changing the viewport camera doesn't change the selected camera. Stuff like that.
You can make those kinds of suggestions too. One I asked for that they implemented was collapsing the library in one click. They did that. Finally, after years of asking for it. Turned out they didn't understand what we wanted. Now, the library and many other lists are so much easier to work with.

JAFO ( ) posted Sat, 15 October 2022 at 6:40 PM

I wonder how many of those who suggest Poser isn't being improved even bother to look at the change logs available with every update?

Seems those bellyaching haven't even upgraded. They all insist they're not upgrading because....    How can you present a valid argument against the current release without having tried it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-oqgIZGhbU

Y'all have a great day.

MNE ( ) posted Sun, 16 October 2022 at 5:24 PM
JAFO posted at 6:40 PM Sat, 15 October 2022 - #4446732

I wonder how many of those who suggest Poser isn't being improved even bother to look at the change logs available with every update?

Seems those bellyaching haven't even upgraded. They all insist they're not upgrading because....    How can you present a valid argument against the current release without having tried it?

I started using POSER4 and upgraded to the last version of POSER 12.0.1029.
And I think that POSER12 was all about bug fixes.
So, in terms of improvements, it may have been accomplished.
It is true that there are some optimizations in rendering and some improvements in the material room.
However, I am talking about new technologies in 3DCG today.
Since its launch, POSER has evolved with exciting new technologies with every update.
However, POSER 12 has yet to support unimesh, although it was initially released, and there are many new technologies that have stopped the evolution of POSER in the last few generations, such as each system room, and the new technologies that are being realized in various areas.
And the introduction of new technologies that have been realized in various areas.

If you are satisfied with the current system, which has been in use for several generations, you may be fine.
But those who love POSER and use it with several other CG applications are frustrated by POSER's delays.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Mon, 17 October 2022 at 6:52 AM · edited Mon, 17 October 2022 at 6:54 AM

MNE posted at 5:24 PM Sun, 16 October 2022 - #4446809

It is true that there are some optimizations in rendering and some improvements in the material room.
Since its launch, POSER has evolved with exciting new technologies with every update.
However, POSER 12 has yet to support unimesh, although it was initially released, and there are many new technologies that have stopped the evolution of POSER in the last few generations, such as each system room, and the new technologies that are being realized in various areas.
And the introduction of new technologies that have been realized in various areas.

If you are satisfied with the current system, which has been in use for several generations, you may be fine.
But those who love POSER and use it with several other CG applications are frustrated by POSER's delays.
Poser 12 is not only about bug fixes, it's also about an inevitable migration to Python3,x, to compensate SmithMicro's desparing silence once they introduced superfly. It was a known fact that Python 2.x was about to die, and they let things evolve in the wrong direction. I'm calling this "irresponsibility"...
Poser12 is also about some very welcome optimizations, noticeably in terms of superfly's speed, Cycles2 implementation instead of Cycles1 which had many errors.

Unimesh? they're have been speaking of it for a long time, yes... But the idea is to avoid to break anything, so that it take time, even though if they seem relatively silent.
Same for a Cycles2 preview mode and quite deeply hiding bugs in that area, among them many assets are still crashing the couple Cycles2 + OptiX (I've a bug filed for some time now, and they're still opened)

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

MNE ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 9:32 AM
Y-Phil posted at 6:52 AM Mon, 17 October 2022 - #4446852

MNE posted at 5:24 PM Sun, 16 October 2022 - #4446809

Poser 12 is not only about bug fixes, it's also about an inevitable migration to Python3,x, to compensate SmithMicro's desparing silence once they introduced superfly. It was a known fact that Python 2.x was about to die, and they let things evolve in the wrong direction. I'm calling this "irresponsibility"...
Poser12 is also about some very welcome optimizations, noticeably in terms of superfly's speed, Cycles2 implementation instead of Cycles1 which had many errors.

Unimesh? they're have been speaking of it for a long time, yes... But the idea is to avoid to break anything, so that it take time, even though if they seem relatively silent.
Same for a Cycles2 preview mode and quite deeply hiding bugs in that area, among them many assets are still crashing the couple Cycles2 + OptiX (I've a bug filed for some time now, and they're still opened)

I said too much.
I said bug fixes are everything, but I should have said bugfixes are central.
POSER used to introduce innovative new technologies with every version upgrade.
I was excited each time and used the new features with great enthusiasm so that I could master them.
Certainly, Cycles and its associated materials have been optimized and evolved.
However, while I am happy with the faster rendering, I am not thrilled with it.
And for some reason, the results of rendering with Cycles2 in POSER do not seem to keep up with the results of rendering with Blender.
When I was using FierFly, I was using external rendering.
For me, it is more important to get better rendering results.
I don't know what the future holds for the transition from Python 2 to Python 3.
But I don't think everyone currently realizes the evolution, only that there are somewhat fewer scripts available.
And I think it is also true that there are many systems that have been neglected.
The rooms such as Hair, Cloth, Fitting, Setoup, etc., and animations have stopped evolving and seem to be falling behind the times.
It would be a real shame to leave Bullet Physics in the halfway stage.
When it comes to FaceRoom, it has just been removed.
You could have evolved that and included a system like Faceshop, which is available as a plug-in in DAZ.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 11:54 AM

1'000'000'001th comparison between Poser and Daz.

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Nas 10TB

MNE ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 3:59 PM
Y-Phil posted at 11:54 AM Thu, 20 October 2022 - #4447129

1'000'000'001th comparison between Poser and Daz.

This is not a comparison with DAZ.
I do not use DAZ.
I am talking about an example of such a system.
My preferred 3DCG applications are POSER, Blacksmith3D and other POSER related applications, ZBrush, Blender, Marvelous Designe, Metaseq, MikuMiku Dance, etc. DAZ is not my favorite, but it is ugly to split hairs too much.
I don't use DAZ, so I can't compare, but comparing is not a bad thing.
I think it is good to compare with competitors, but it seems to me that many POSER users these days hate to be compared with DAZ. I don't particularly mind.
When DAZ was still catching up with POSER, I saw many people comparing it to DAZ and putting it down, and even I used to think DAZ was a poor program.
Even though I don't use DAZ now, I can see that DAZ is boldly trying new systems. I have heard that it has many bugs, but I do not dislike its attitude of challenging without fear of bugs.
How is it that you now resent being compared to such DAZ?
Look here at the parent of POSER.
In the past, this place was all about POSER products. Now it is full of DAZ products.
Don't turn your back on it, there are more DAZ users, that's the reality.

But I believe that POSER will evolve.
I will not use DAZ in the future. Maybe.

I dare to speak out because I love POSER.

LastQuest ( ) posted Thu, 20 October 2022 at 6:10 PM · edited Thu, 20 October 2022 at 6:10 PM

it is very obvious that there is a comparison between Poser and DS, they grew up together, V4 made poser what it is today, but where does V4 come from. There is nothing wrong about that, just that the poser community are getting a bad taste about the development of DS , sure understandable. Due the fact that we all know where V4 is born there development never stopped on mesh creations. Poser fell back because the good creators had to fallow the customers interests. I looked at the Daz forums and nothing gave a reason that Poser could not have these models, actually it is the poser community that turned there back from these developments, trying to compensate it with models that do not seem having a great future. 

Customers are influenced by Visual communication and not what you write or pretend on doing with words, not offering the visuals to it. So woow ! look at this, say's the costumer , being influenced by a visual attack. "My Heart stand's still"

NPerXW6daW6MJb3ycxKrC3HRDTtQ1KCF9YpNtGaM.jpg

JyusPblNjOaECBfaG8g5nQDMAvDwRvwDnMgAEtTH.jpg

not trying to make any publicity, just trying to show how visuals affect us, and do not even want to start placing a comparison on how Poser figures evolved. A customer needs to choose where to place he's investments and what will please him most. 

Renderosity is in the same boat and needs to make a gain to survive, no wonder that the flood concentrates more on DS ! Now probably even more. The great words from the poser community should be changed into tasks and not just promises, pretending, wishes. Else there will not be any great future surviving next to DS on the same level, there is no winner , no looser. Rather then to discriminate DS you should learn what it needs to make poser better, the way it is now, only great words with no results, like a Jules Verne but none that bring these great words into reality or Visuals.

I am not a DS user, but when I saw these it was like a fist right into my face, asking my self , " Am I missing something? "

Nevertrumper ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 4:47 AM

I can already hear it:
"Why do DAZ Studio users come here and complain about Poser?"
Because I purchased every Poser version from Poser 4 to Poser Pro 2014.
That gives me the fogging right to complain.

LastQuest ( ) posted Fri, 21 October 2022 at 8:11 AM

Actually there is nothing to be complaining about :) Poser could handle it as the Program is provided, it did for 2 decades. Right now it is rather to the Creators bringing up something that makes it worth using in the future, not just bla bla bla! 

I had a closer look at the details of he gen9 renders "Boa" looking at the first image "the hands", it is just stunning, ok such a gold chain could break your neck, just a detail. I have no Idea how long it would take the poser community making it up to what they are having now on assets in DS. Only option is to get the DS assets converting them for Poser ! But is that really worth it rather then just use DS? No Idea I am just not familiar enough with DS jet.

Poser creators fell back decades, that's for sure. Remembering times of releases with similar skins and details, but that is past. It is as if the Poser community got a full reset starting up rom zero, just like when it started after poser 4, Poser does do not have a Daz that is providing a good base figure any further. That sure is the hard troth.

I have nothing to complain about, things work just right and it sure is admirable to see that at least the poser brother DS is keeping things up, how terrible would it be if they also start failing, not making any improvements, we artists would have to find another alternative. For some of us it is not easy , some are getting older having a hart time starting all over again.  Guess that was the largest mistake of Poser making that hard reset renouncing on the feeding DS hand for great assets.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2022 at 8:54 PM

LastQuest posted at 8:11 AM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447183

Actually there is nothing to be complaining about :) Poser could handle it as the Program is provided, it did for 2 decades. Right now it is rather to the Creators bringing up something that makes it worth using in the future, not just bla bla bla! 

I had a closer look at the details of he gen9 renders "Boa" looking at the first image "the hands", it is just stunning, ok such a gold chain could break your neck, just a detail. I have no Idea how long it would take the poser community making it up to what they are having now on assets in DS. Only option is to get the DS assets converting them for Poser ! But is that really worth it rather then just use DS? No Idea I am just not familiar enough with DS jet.

Poser creators fell back decades, that's for sure. Remembering times of releases with similar skins and details, but that is past. It is as if the Poser community got a full reset starting up rom zero, just like when it started after poser 4, Poser does do not have a Daz that is providing a good base figure any further. That sure is the hard troth.

I have nothing to complain about, things work just right and it sure is admirable to see that at least the poser brother DS is keeping things up, how terrible would it be if they also start failing, not making any improvements, we artists would have to find another alternative. For some of us it is not easy , some are getting older having a hart time starting all over again.  Guess that was the largest mistake of Poser making that hard reset renouncing on the feeding DS hand for great assets.

Ken1171 has an entire range of scripts for moving DS content into Poser - I highly recommend them. AFA using DS - to reach rough feature parity would cost about $600 in 3rd party scripts, still won't have multi-threading - still won't have multiple GPU support for rendering.  That number was not picked out of a hat, btw.

AFA the past -

1.  We had a LOT of Poser vendors that were aggressively unwilling to learn any of the newer features of Poser to make Poser products. 

2.  Rosity was very, very unwilling to follow their own guidelines for products. The number of products for Dawn (a figure that would only work on Poser 9 and later) built to Poser 6 standards was immense.  The vendors really didn't understand why their products didn't sell as well as they hoped, and JHC did they ever get defensive when customers would tell them why.

Hopefully  when we get Dawn 2, Chris won't screw it up the way he did with Dawn 1.  We will get another chance to say Vicky who?

NikKelly ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2022 at 11:06 AM

IMHO, it is easy enough to port DS props to OBJ+MTL for use in eg Poser.

https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/Porting-DAZ-Studio-props-to-Poser-friendly-OBJ-MTL-911478576

Snag is that they are entirely un-rigged.

Given discussion of that gold chain, could it be imported as OBJ then 'auto-conformed' to wearer using Poser's 'dynamic' tools ??

LastQuest ( ) posted Tue, 25 October 2022 at 2:55 PM
NikKelly posted at 11:06 AM Tue, 25 October 2022 - #4447521

IMHO, it is easy enough to port DS props to OBJ+MTL for use in eg Poser.

https://www.deviantart.com/nik-2213/art/Porting-DAZ-Studio-props-to-Poser-friendly-OBJ-MTL-911478576

Snag is that they are entirely un-rigged.

Given discussion of that gold chain, could it be imported as OBJ then 'auto-conformed' to wearer using Poser's 'dynamic' tools ??

Should be no big deal. using the auto group match to figure in poser, some adjustments on joints to get a good fit. might even work with the fitting room for basics! You need some knowledge in building conforming figures, the rest goes all by it self.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Thu, 27 October 2022 at 10:56 AM · edited Thu, 27 October 2022 at 10:58 AM
Nevertrumper posted at 4:47 AM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447175

I can already hear it:

Actually, no it doesn't. If you were still buying and using Poser, then yeah, maybe. But you stopped, with a version from 8 years ago. According to your thinking, you'd have a right to complain even if you stopped using Poser after version 4.

MNE ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 3:36 PM
EClark1894 posted at 10:56 AM Thu, 27 October 2022 - #4447653
Nevertrumper posted at 4:47 AM Fri, 21 October 2022 - #4447175

I can already hear it:

Actually, no it doesn't. If you were still buying and using Poser, then yeah, maybe. But you stopped, with a version from 8 years ago. According to your thinking, you'd have a right to complain even if you stopped using Poser after version 4.

Agreed.
I think only current users can give their opinions to the current POSER.
I believe that only those who have experienced the performance and functionality of the current POSER 12.0.1029 can give their opinions on the future direction of POSER.

I don't think it's right for the old POSER users who stopped using it just because they can't use the DAZ figure to criticize POSER.
The fact that DZA figures cannot be used natively was once a shock to the current users, but they continue to use POSER because they like it.
The reason why V4 products are still available is because POSER vendors and users know how wonderful DAZ figures are.
Also, there are many people like me who use POSER as a tool for their own modeling products.
At such times, they are concerned about the functionality of the current POSER in comparison to other CG tools they use.

So I think you are welcome to give your opinion on why you no longer use POSER, other than the fact that you can't use the DAZ figure, which is currently out of your control.

ssgbryan ( ) posted Sat, 29 October 2022 at 10:39 PM
MNE posted at 3:36 PM Sat, 29 October 2022 - #4447890
So I think you are welcome to give your opinion on why you no longer use POSER, other than the fact that you can't use the DAZ figure, which is currently out of your control.
If you REALLY want the G figures in Poser - it can be done.  I would prefer not to use them - but if I need anything other than an early 20's Caucasian female, there isn't very much to choose from.

722 ( ) posted Wed, 02 November 2022 at 8:17 PM · edited Wed, 02 November 2022 at 8:19 PM

Poser 13 has been talk about and a time table of release

https://www.posersoftware.com/article/559/poser-13-update-and-survey

didn't know if someone already showed this 

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 9:30 AM

There is already an active thread posted in the forum.

patlane ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 9:35 AM

Thank you 722, that's pretty good news.

I like Poser 12. It is a very powerful piece of software.

Pat :)

MNE ( ) posted Thu, 03 November 2022 at 6:41 PM

I upgraded to POSER 12 with the announcement of unimesh geometry full support. And we have upgraded every time.

However, POSER 12.1 was never released and seems to have ended with POSER 12.0 units.

The full support for unimesh geometry, which was announced to be included in POSER 12, was not completed until the end.

It is a pity.

And now we are being urged to move to POSER 13, which claims to support unimesh geometry.

JimTS ( ) posted Fri, 11 November 2022 at 11:55 AM

Funny version 13 is being announced and it is just bug fixes maybe  when it hits the bargain bin in 2024

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.