Fri, Oct 4, 1:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Lighting in Superly (Poser 11)

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 3:14 PM · edited Wed, 05 October 2022 at 3:14 PM

I have the water tower about 50% complete. I am still going to add linkage to the legs from the support struts, and make a ladder. I am going to work on better textures. I am thinking maybe I should model the roof as wood. This model is at 50% scale in Poser:

wfEJc4CQowpYpl9ESr8P9VnPKMlKnb3cB9g41L8G.png

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 4:24 PM

Nice work on that Rokket 👍

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 6:28 PM

primorge posted at 4:24 PM Wed, 5 October 2022 - #4445918

Nice work on that Rokket 👍

Thank you. I added the stairs and a safety rail. I will post another pic of it later.

Just have to figure out how to punch a hole in it. 

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

primorge ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 6:31 PM

Make a dent morph pushing inwards and than a transmap hole with jagged edges

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 05 October 2022 at 6:38 PM

That sound like a winner. I'll give that a shot when I finish UV mapping the thing later. It's almost time for me to shut down, so I don't want to get too involved.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2022 at 9:25 AM · edited Thu, 06 October 2022 at 9:25 AM

I changed the textures around a bit. It's still probably too clean, but I'll dirty it up. I need to do a little bit more work on it. I can see when I subdivide in Poser that things don't look quite right. I still need to attach the supports to the legs. And the safety rail isn't right. But I don't want to get too detailed either. Just enough to sell the visual. It will be visible in the background of the scene, and of course a close up on the tank when Kara goes through it...

50% scale again.

RR406J6DdlXM8AWD4iOJxC9agEkoQsXFv35kPqFK.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2022 at 9:26 AM · edited Thu, 06 October 2022 at 9:26 AM

100% scaled up. Simon can't believe how tall it is either.

hBETusE48lVmGok5TAm75DBZDrwJSAULVPNJeHHJ.png

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2022 at 11:28 AM

Subdivision in Poser isn't forgiving with non-organic objects.  You're better off modeling it in.  Taking a look at images of actual water towers, the ladder scaffolding like the one you're creating simply doesn't commonly exist.  You either have a regular ladder going straight up to the tower or the ladder built along the struts.  

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2022 at 11:53 AM

Yeah, I know. I might just take it out completely. Or hide it. It probably won't be seen anyhow.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 06 October 2022 at 12:22 PM

I'm going to have to change my textures. I need to match Mr Sparky's prop...

pN4fMT5jkePgQeKa93G1qk5DIjTGnA1jjvZQ6vgn.png

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2022 at 3:12 PM · edited Sun, 09 October 2022 at 3:13 PM

I did a test to see how it was going to look. I have to say, it's got promise.

The first image needs to be redone. I did some color changes to her bangs, which is part of the story. But this test looks pretty cool.

BVeFUxpvww9koq2uCdoG0hMMEyyqnODhFB7SnO5w.png

hborre ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2022 at 4:38 PM

Very nice!

rokket ( ) posted Sun, 09 October 2022 at 8:47 PM

It's coming along...

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:09 PM · edited Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:09 PM

Haven't been posting in this thread for a bit, so..

IT HAS BEGUN!

71oDUKOQzhRTBhK56b6hkcbmqAGaRLP1aet2KkaP.png

1qztW8uprKVDByzGmesZokSNS5zA7FXReRFmYcCl.png

vQSXBQDIJJ7fp7xj4szOGotzN2JCpyD1qMRkXjyT.png

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:19 PM

Woah... great!

𝒫𝒽𝓎𝓁

(っ◔◡◔)っ

👿 Win11 on i9-13900K@5GHz, 64GB, RoG Strix B760F Gamng, Asus Tuf Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 1 TB SSD, 6+4+8TB HD
👿 Mac Mini M2, Sonoma 14.6.1, 16GB, 500GB SSD
👿 Nas 10TB
👿 Poser 13 and soon 14 ❤️

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:25 PM

A remake of the classic battle of Superman vs Clark Kent from Superman 3.

I found out canon is that BLACK Kryptonite is what causes the good/evil split in the comics. The yellow stuff that Gus Gorman made in Superman 3 was just for the script. So I will reference it in the opening sequence, which will take a few days to do.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 1:32 PM

Remember these words:

"So, you think you can defeat me?"

"I am you."

*scoffs* "No, honey, you're not."

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 2:44 PM

Very well done!  Personally, the last panel should have been a pullback scene with both figures in full view rather than being cropped off by the side panels.  Otherwise, very good presentation, I like the story angle.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 4:32 PM

Yeah, I need to get myself a dedicated external hard drive so I can save all the pz2's that I make. Once I figure I am done with them, I tend to delete them since my laptop hard drive isn't very big.

I could redo it, I guess. But that will take a lot of time.

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 4:49 PM · edited Thu, 13 October 2022 at 4:49 PM

So the problem isn't the image, it's Comic Life 3.

I can't resize the image to fit in the cells.

Here is the original image:

WKtS9mbcpWm9DgQfKxyavedIEpPyJKi10DK2NM2K.png

And what I did it CL3

bEc6sDuOZZEHNWbNtvQ4GwAVCqBKLpuTEUM1EeiX.png

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 13 October 2022 at 6:13 PM

If I put it in a cell that is larger, it crops out the sides.

rokket ( ) posted Mon, 24 October 2022 at 11:05 AM

Wanted to see how it would turn out.

iowRkEgtNE8lZQjSbFpWEOBKILA9E4UxRzQYeTI0.png

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.