Mon, Jul 8, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: Advertising going wrong

Y-Phil ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 5:00 PM · edited Mon, 08 July 2024 at 8:28 AM

Rant mode: on

We have all been living in a technical world for some decades now. When you're looking for products online, you may filter for example by character.
Many have already asked the people who manage the website to save somewhere our own preferences, many websites are acting this way, but not here.

We have to support Genesis-based advertisement even in emails just because once on ten there's some really interessant information.
I can live  with this.

But... more often then not I have difficulties to live with Ross and his recurrent problems, I even don't give a f... about it
I can live with this

But this:

kYrlrBBwtsN0FLzMEVdnIy1K9fnSdibDmLM8TmLJ.png

Let me repeat it politely for now: I am not, I will never have the smallest interest in genesis, from the generation 1 to the generation 99999 (Oh I'll be dead long before Pm9WMxteIuLOoXDprRHHNolSBnlSGCLSPKdSWtUw.gif)

If Poser stops, I jump in Blender's world, Genesis: never.

I'm a customer, I'm the guy who pays. I can understand the unsupportable needs for advertising, but Genesis stuff in a Poser forum?
Do not insult our intelligence with spurious excuses. 
I have started to browse inline long before the Internet. I've constructed numerous website, also with forums.
Dedicated, intelligent advertising should be the base. After all, artificial intelligence is all the rage nowadays, right?

The same apply when browsing the marketplace: non-sense everywhere

So my question for the crew is: what's the next step? a height of 4 screens of useless and invasive ads?

Rant mode off...

Totally useless but wow... but what a relief 5mrhNvVgfOySUFMtsCGM05FconAr3slwDa6bHIZG.gif

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

Boni ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 5:33 PM

Thumbs up!

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

ThunderStone ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 5:42 PM

I was thinking the same thing. It's Poser's thang, right? Why are they supporting the competition, when the competition doesn't support us? I mean, come on now, What the F*C* are they doing inside this Poser shop? 

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 6:21 PM
ThunderStone posted at 5:42 PM Wed, 15 March 2023 - #4458565

... Why are they supporting the competition, when the competition doesn't support us? ...

Was thinking of the same thing.  We have tried to stay on code when it comes to Daz vs. Poser.  But this...? 

I am still waiting to see what P13 has to offer and still support it, but pushing Genesis this and that in a Poser forum, I feel it's more like a slap in the face.   Just... speechless right now.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

Rhia474 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 6:27 PM

I literally haven't seen a Poser product advertised on that banner since the new format launched. It is now beyond annoying and makes me really question the competence of the ad/ marketing team. 

Wait : There IS an ad/ marketing team here, isn't there? Or Jenn does that by herself as well?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 7:48 PM

I've blocked ads here. Too much Genesis stuff.

cabled ( ) posted Wed, 15 March 2023 at 7:54 PM

There is some wisdom to the adage "When someone tells you who they are, believe them."

Ruminate on that a bit

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 2:43 AM

I've come up to think this: advertising is a science for me, a wrong target may be rather negative either for the vendor presented and for the company.
Just try for two seconds to imagine ads for Microsoft's Surface Pro in all Apple's stores: the reactions will be between humoristic ones and aggressive ones, but in any cases the target won't be correct, it can even be counter-productive.

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

ewkokii ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 4:52 AM

Thumbs up :)

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 7:27 AM

That space  has replaced another banner  ad space that used to be there. If I understand correctly, they'll fine tune it to user preference soon, I think.

IMHO, should give us  a preferences tickbox, "show me Poser stuff", "show me DS stuff", "show me others". Might be easier than using cookies or analizing your previous purchases or whatever.

- - - - - - 

Feel free to call me Ohki!

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

Persephone (the computer): AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, RTX 3070 GPU, 96gb ram.

NikKelly ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:10 AM

I, too, find it exasperating to scroll through lots of (rather nice) Gen-9 stuff.

Must be said that DAZ do trawl some 'rested' PS stuff from their vast archives, offer such discounted.

Also, following screams of outrage, they now even check for claim that 'templates available on forum' when most were purged long, long ago...

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 10:08 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

You know what really makes me pissed? I have to physically go and click into the New Poser Products category to see what is available because none, and I mean, none of those ever show up in the ad scroll/ banner. Ever. Like, wtf? You guys own this software????

wfbp1w ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 11:26 AM

I think the advertises picked randomized. The more products for a character are in store, the greater the chance to appear in the advertises. Maybe, there are a few more values addressed. This morning (after reading this thread), I looked the first time explicit at the at the Top and saw a product for Genesis 8, one for LA Feme and one Scenery product for both Studio and Poser.

But you are right, the most of the time there are genesis products only! seldom a poser only product.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 5:00 PM

Adblock Plus has a 'block element' feature which works a treat on this waste of my display pixels. Other adblockers will probably have a similar function.

Take care to click on the rectangular area which surrounds all three adverts - it won't be serious if you click on something smaller, but one of the options seemed to encompass the whole page. That struck me as a little too draconian. :) 

Digitell ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 5:24 PM · edited Thu, 16 March 2023 at 5:26 PM
EnglishBob posted at 5:00 PM Thu, 16 March 2023 - #4458755

Adblock Plus has a 'block element' feature which works a treat on this waste of my display pixels. Other adblockers will probably have a similar function.

Take care to click on the rectangular area which surrounds all three adverts - it won't be serious if you click on something smaller, but one of the options seemed to encompass the whole page. That struck me as a little too draconian. :) 

Wow Thank you English Bob!! I was able to get rid of Ross..finally..plus some other stuff too. Many Thanks!

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:45 PM · edited Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:48 PM

ublock Origin has a block element function also where you right-click on anything and block from viewing: avatars, unused spaces, ads, the little icons key for prime or others... anything really... you are in control of what you want to see displayed on the webpage... and you can easily revert what you previously blocked by editing the blocklist in settings. It even gives you a date for each element.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 March 2023 at 9:52 PM

Dear Lord, my blood pressure just went down fifteen points. Thank you, EnglishBob!!

Y-Phil ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 2:49 AM · edited Fri, 17 March 2023 at 2:51 AM

Cool. Thank you EnglishBob 
Woah... even Ross is taking holidays... 

rC0p7jAZf25ZmWb1GdkSyBsfwyvzFhe7i8ZS9FYG.png

PhYl.

Crystalis ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 6:32 AM

Thank you, twiz. adblockplus is not available for the opera browser I'm using but ublock origin is. This is good for other websites too :)

EnglishBob ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 7:20 AM

Glad to find everyone a little happier this morning. :)

I agree with Ohki's suggestion "... give us  a preferences tickbox ...", but it's a fair bet that most people visiting this forum would prefer to see Poser-centric adverts.

Richard60 ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 10:23 AM

It could be because the recommended for you feature is broken.  At the end of last month, I bought some things and clicked on the recommended for you tab and it popped up a number of items a couple that I thought were nice.  But I could not click on the picture/link to get to the product page.  Turns out the redesign of the site caused the first and last pictures to be scroll forward or backwards and not show the product.  The Second and Third pictures do move you to the product page.  I reported it and ever since there has been a blank page when I go to recommended for you page.  The other issue is that vendors pay to have their product placed on the billboards much like real life when you hear radio commercials or drive by real billboards you really don't get a choice in what you see.

Poser 5, 6, 7, 8, Poser Pro 9 (2012), 10 (2014), 11, 12, 13

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 3:24 PM

IDGAF what it's advertising up there; could be my favourite booze but I still wouldn't want to see it.  It's a long standing gripe about all the real estate at the top of the screen being taken up with garbage; this is yet another example.

As it happens, I have an ad blocker in my browser but it won't get rid of that thing, for some reason.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 4:04 PM · edited Fri, 17 March 2023 at 4:13 PM

I'm not blocking the store ads on the right of the page when viewing the galleries. Those are actually cool. Even though I'm using Poser mostly I'm still inclined to purchase a gift for friends here, who are using only Daz.

You have to know how, when and where is the right time to approach someone to make a sale.

TwiztidKidd ( ) posted Fri, 17 March 2023 at 4:27 PM

And yes... the ads displayed should be based on your previously purchased items. I believe it's called a smart ad.

JimTS ( ) posted Tue, 28 March 2023 at 6:00 PM

No money for any of these merchants until they start listening better results matter. DAZ hasn't gotten any of my money since 2010 give or take Genisis preceded Exodus uninstalling DAZ Study a lot more wiped out all my Runtimes I have yet to get the rest of my content but that was 25+years of buying digital toys. I'm buying a new system on the money not spent

A word is not the same with one writer as with another. One tears it from his guts. The other pulls it out of his overcoat pocket
Charles Péguy

Heat and animosity, contest and conflict, may sharpen the wits, although they rarely do;they never strengthen the understanding, clear the perspicacity, guide the judgment, or improve the heart
Walter Savage Landor

So is that TTFN or TANSTAAFL?

tim ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 5:13 PM
Site Admin

@Y-Phil & @TwiztidKidd - good points.  To be fair, we had a bit of heavy lift with the site updates & Poser 13 release rolling out around the same time.

We do have plans to make the advertising system more targeted.  Stay tuned.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 6:14 PM
JimTS posted at 6:00 PM Tue, 28 March 2023 - #4459822

No money for any of these merchants until they start listening better results matter. 

These ads are not under the control of the merchants. They have a system of their own to show, we aren't purchasing ad space for these.

So if you wanna boycott any specific merchant because you don't like the ads, you're just hurting people for doing nothing.

But from my experience from being around here since 2001... they tend to try new things, see what helps, do away with what didn't work well. No need to get angry or make threats about it, just let them know what you don't like.

- - - - - - 

Poser Pro 11, Poser 12 and Poser 13, Windows 10, Superfly junkie. My units are milimeters.

EClark1894 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2023 at 8:48 PM
tim posted at 5:13 PM Wed, 29 March 2023 - #4459891

@Y-Phil & @TwiztidKidd - good points.  To be fair, we had a bit of heavy lift with the site updates & Poser 13 release rolling out around the same time.

Sorry Tim, but as of now I'm from Missouri, the "Show Me" state.

Y-Phil ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:31 AM · edited Thu, 30 March 2023 at 1:31 AM

tim posted at 5:13 PM Wed, 29 March 2023 - #4459891

Thank you Tim.
In my own case, the most important is Poser. I'm still encountering crashes when rendering in RTX mode using some old stuff.
The website can wait a few days more...

gLVaVVXMMpxrmCFN7pomZalLhDyU1LL4ipkyyOTh.png

PhYl.

Afrodite-Ohki ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 6:51 AM

I think giving us an option in preferences with a tickbox "Show me Poser ads", "Show me DS ads" and "Show me other product ads" would already help a bunch.

- - - - - - 

Ken1171_Designs ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2023 at 5:15 PM

I have a long history of developing contents for both Poser and DS, but I have to admit the sheer amount of DAZ contents can be overwhelming to me. Some people even claimed Rendo had become a "DAZ outlet", and it's understandable based on the contents we see on the store. It can be a struggle to search for Poser contents at Rendo.   

However, this comes to no surprise to me. The moment Bondware acquired Poser from SMS, I asked myself how would they reconcile that with the massive amounts of DAZ contents that dominate their store? Wouldn't this become a conflict of interest? After all, Rendo is now the home for Poser, but it's literally buried under products from the competition. For once, DAZ won't allow products from competing companies to sell at their store - I assume to avoid conflicts of interest exactly like this. A recent example are how figures from Hivewire3D (and related contents) are simply not allowed at DAZ.   

I imagine Rendo will have to make a stand for Poser at some point, but what I think holds them back is how much DAZ contents sell here. Poser would have to establish a comparable market to be competitive, but the flood of DAZ contents makes it difficult. Like said above, it's like advertising for the competition. A conflict of interest.

My Store at Renderosity

Characters, Body Sculpts, Morph Corrections, Outfits, Python Scripts, Universal Heads, and Videogames!

FVerbaas ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2023 at 3:01 AM
Forum Coordinator

Just in case someone missed this: For the forum, cicking the little 'gear' symbol bottom-right of the ads block. It will give you a drop down menu where you can set your ad preferences: Poser; DAZ; or no preference. Default is 'no preference'. 

Enjoy! 

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 03 July 2023 at 7:19 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

You can also find it here, along with a few other options

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

FVerbaas ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 2:16 AM
Forum Coordinator

LOL! There's a whole world behind these 'settings' menu choices. I never know.

Thanks! 

jimros ( ) posted Tue, 04 July 2023 at 5:56 PM

Very frustrated about the lack of Poser support, especially for Victoria 4, which for me is still easily the best female figure, it seems Renderosity only support  La Horsehead,

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 05 July 2023 at 10:20 PM
jimros posted at 5:56 PM Tue, 4 July 2023 - #4469264

Very frustrated about the lack of Poser support, especially for Victoria 4, which for me is still easily the best female figure, it seems Renderosity only support  La Horsehead,

V4 is an ancient figure, not even supported now by the people who make it.  LF is a Rendo product, so of course they'll support it.  Besides which, it's the vendors who decide what to make and sell; Rendo has no dog in that fight.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TwoCatsYelling ( ) posted Tue, 11 July 2023 at 5:18 PM · edited Tue, 11 July 2023 at 5:20 PM

In a weird way, it's heartening to read this thread.
At least I know it's not just me who finds it odd - and discouraging - to see DAZ/Genesis products dominating the space on Poser's home turf.
I'd love to jump into Poser, and upgrade to 13, but I don't know if it's worthwhile since it seems this site is more favorable to DAZ than its own product.  And it makes me question how "strong" Poser is overall.

If I'm going to use DAZ products, I'll just stick to their site and their software. I'm using this site 'cause I want to jump more into Poser and dig its depths. I don't want to use DAZ products.

Just would be nice to come here and see Poser as front-and-center as DAZ products are on their site.

Would boost my confidence in putting the time into learning and improving with Poser itself for sure.

PoserWorld2019 ( ) posted Tue, 12 December 2023 at 9:59 AM

Makes sence that most of the banner and ads should be for the Poser Market in the Poser topic Forums.  What will help drive the interest is to demonstrate the greater diversity and unique capabilities Poser in our projects.  Compete with more creatitivity and Poser presents that potential better.   

Very happy to see Bondware take it to the next level with PP13, and the re-integration of the content management system and storefront brings back the old feel of when Poser had the CP store embedded.  Sure wish Bently catches on too, as E-On Vue is suffering big lack of interest since they dropped the C3D content store integration.  Damn shame but so glad Poser has it back.  The integrated PP13  content library and installation scheme from Renderosity and PoserSoftware.com is absolutely fantastic.  

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.