Fri, Jun 28, 5:57 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / New Poser Users Help

Welcome to the New Poser Users Help Forum

Forum Moderators: RedPhantom, Staff

New Poser Users Help F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 27 5:51 pm)

New to Poser? Ask questions here for expert help!

Subject: why conforming shorts fall off?...

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 4:29 PM · edited Fri, 28 June 2024 at 5:54 AM

...and why have her legs changed color halfway down?

drawn

kASTy4c3ka5alLGo7MyaX1uv3xGt4D9ficC6ua3o.png

I ran the shorts again, tho they were conformed fine before, thru conforming process again, but no luck. wth going on?

Rhia474 ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 5:06 PM

'conforming process'...what do you mean by that. If it's a conforming short, all you need is drag and drop onto the figure. It should move with the figure when you change the pose. If it is a dynamic prop, it needs the simulation process every time you change the pose.

Please clarify and make sure you use the correct terms when asking for advice to avoid confusion.

As to the color--is that a render or a screencap before render? Color may just mean the lights fall differently. Way too many variables, so please specify and understand that these factors all may influence both your results AND the answers you are getting:

1. render or screencap

2. If render, Superfly or Firefly

3. If render, render settings

4. What lights are you using

5. Material settings from Advanced tab of material room

Each of those needs to be considered one factor at a time to troubleshoot your problem (s) correctly.

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 5:48 PM

What you are observing maybe due to the absence of a morph or morphs in the conforming outfit.  This can be solved by copying the morphs from the parent figure to the clothing.  Rhia is correct in pointing out that critical information is essential to determining exactly what is happening.  Despite the fact that most of the individuals helping you sort out your problems have knowledgeable information, we can only guess at how to approach certain situations if we are not given enough information, or the right terminology, to resolve the issue.

drawn ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 6:42 PM

Ed a detailed answer to most of your questions and the whole fricking reply dissected when I hit add comment. I might as well give up

fricking thing o ty

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 8:52 PM
Site Admin
Sometimes, a post can time out if it takes a while to post. A trick I learned when I first started as a mod and had long complicated posts was to copy the whole post before hitting Add Comment so that if it did disappear, all I had to do was repaste it.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

hborre ( ) posted Thu, 16 May 2024 at 8:56 PM

You need to type comments quickly, or else it will be kicked out because of the time limitation.  Your best alternative is to type everything out in a text program, then copy & paste the comments into the comments box.  It's less aggravating.  

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 8:46 AM

Thanks

drawn ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 9:55 AM

ok replying again: it is not a render, its a screen cap of preview, many times saved and opened again. I was working to find reason stair prop kept leaving where it was placed as connecting to stage, when I moved the camera. at some point I noticed girl's shorts were shorter and legs multi-colored. I dunno why. lights pretty much stayed the same, altho they've multiplied like rabbits and I dunno why. will simplify again. the shorts are conforming and sometimes when they slipped I would tell them to learn from her body and then reconform Tham and zippo it would correct. not now. hope ive answered everything?

drawn

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Fri, 17 May 2024 at 10:25 AM · edited Fri, 17 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Those shorts are made for La Femme 1. It looks like you are trying to conform them to La Femme 2. Their bodies are shaped differently which is why you are getting the pokethrough (they aren't slipping). ALWAYS be sure to confirm that you are adding clothing that was made for the figure you are dressing. Otherwise you will need to convert it. And converting involves rigging and weight mapping which is typically an advanced skill. But, here's how you convert LF1 clothing to LF2.

Afrodite included a prefit rig in the La Femme 2 Pro package. Her instructions.

(I would create a scene with no characters in it first).

1. Import the clothing's obj from the geometries folder into Poser

2. Load LF2 Pro's LF1 to LF2 Prefit Tool from the props library

3. Copy the LF2 shape morph from the tool to the clothing obj

4. Export that obj

Now you can import that obj in a new scene and take it through the fitting room or setup room :) Using the dev rigs as donor will be better than using LF2 herself, but both will work as a start. Remember to Copy Joints From after that, if you're in Poser13. 

(EDIT TO ADD: After you complete the conversion, save the converted clothing to your library so you don't have to do it again. Don't overwrite the LF1 version.)

Y-Phil ( ) posted Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:34 AM · edited Sat, 18 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

And if the process doesn't go as well as you need it, you may use the Morph Tool to finalize the details, especially this one:

M8mf0SGquN6KqAP4zzOp4GdPIxHdJ8zFhXl0H97p.png

As it moves in/out (here related to the orientation of the said object, compared to the screen), with its included details

PhYl.

Win10 on i7 8700K@4.3Ghz, 64Gb, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4070 OC Edition, 2x 2Tb ssd + 6+4Tb hd  + 1x 8Tb hd + 1 10T NAS, Poser 11, Poser 12  and now Poser 13 

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 8:23 AM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 8:23 AM

question: instruction says: 2. Load LF2 Pro's LF1 to LF2 Prefit Tool from the props library

3. Copy the LF2 shape morph from the tool to the clothing obj

I've followed along but when I try to copy morphs from the profit tool to the shorts, it gives me no option to do that?????
drawn

KEvC26VlfGzh51uI9cTdnaZX0T696Wx378HdFTLK.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 8:58 AM
Site Admin

You missed the first step "1. Import the clothing's obj from the geometries folder into Poser" You're working with the figure rather than the obj

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:18 AM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:18 AM

and where is the geometries folder on Mac? I use color and it brings up the "theoretical" obj. but clicking on add to scene produces nothing. wot can I do?

lNUr1SP5RSK9N99jE86zxqXJT9CcHy2P6g2cgcOF.png

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:26 AM

You need to manually import the OBJ from the Geometries folder; there is no provision to load it from the Poser Library.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:30 AM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:30 AM

This is where you will find the Geometries folder within the Purchases Runtime folder:

DvtgEzBpxcbtJCYRrHWN938Qz0qLiFu61hPYRT5W.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 9:44 AM

Start with File---Import, then select that folder and bring the object in to your scene.  Everything follows after that step.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 12:43 PM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 12:43 PM

well, my hopes raised but this is what I found...plain text, which..

5pAosJr2qocYQeFFZhckJf636l4AL33YuZpNZ2MG.png

looks like this...

5iOYBNEVRk2LDpjLqUWcHO8gqK3t89TZZkhhCd9Y.png

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 12:52 PM

You need to import inside Poser, not open it with a text editor. 

Open Poser.Click File Import, navigate to your Runtime, Geometries folder, find the short's object file  and follow the prompts.

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 1:32 PM

file import shows only..

LYuupCCfOw2sqilPj9EmSeld6LdNZvGs0P0tnRer.png

how can I navigate through that?

drawn

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 3:11 PM

Import OBJ is what you need, since you are importing the OBJ file.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 3:11 PM

Select Wavefront OBJ and navigate to the geometry folder.  You did find the geometries folder, right?

drawn ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 6:57 PM

this is what I get when I click on wavefront obj....how do I navigate from here? I clicked on OK and got a finder view of some files...use that?QhNSck3pn1fNg7liyCar7L5bpE9DU28xBlEHEF05.png

I clicked on OK, navigated to geometries and it was empty.

drawn

Rhia474 ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 8:32 PM

You need to find the exact folder you put those shorts' geometries. On the screenshot above you actually show you have them, so make sure you find that Geometries folder.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 4:41 AM

sorry if I seem buffaloed, but all I find in the geometries obj files is TEXT and doesn't apply anything that I can see on the figure...?

rbXyfa6gac7rSV0fkxaDU1rZN4wPOm1jMmcbWmA7.png

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 6:59 AM
Site Admin

That just means some program decided they look like text files and associated them with that. They can actually be opened with a text editor and edited but I don't recommend doing that. Those are all geometry files and can be imported into Poser. Most programs don't care what the computer thinks the file kind is. As long as the extension (the .obj) matches the contents that's what it cares about.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 9:16 AM

I suspected that, Red, but how do I get the words to be interpreted as an object and not as text?

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 9:54 AM

ATM, you are not interested in opening the OBJ files, you just want to import them into Poser.  Getting the OBJ format files associated with a different 3D program will be tedious and unnecessary.  Without knowing what programs are installed on your system, it will be like 'looking for a needle in a haystack', close to impossible to remedy.  Concentrate on the clothing conversion.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 10:03 AM

Sb, I am focused on that but I APPARENTLY NEED the obj file for the shorts so they’ll work with the lf1 to lf2 tool…

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 10:19 AM

So what is stopping you from importing the OBJ file?  Have you tried, or do you need further instructions?  Elaborate.

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 10:25 AM

From Poser, choose File > Import > Wavefront OBJ

You will be prompted to locate the OBJ file you want to import. 

When the Import Objects dialog (shown above) appears, leave it at 100% Of Original Size, but UNCHECK all the other options (in other words, UNCHECK Centered and Make Polygon Normals Consistent. This will import the OBJ "as is".

The rest of the directions should be outlined in the LF1 to LF2 conversion thing. I don't have it, otherwise I'd comment further.

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 11:59 AM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 11:59 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

ok, I did the file import wavefront obj thing, and found this:

OMOE6UbBdsFcQcKVYYHWxYhSTZc49KIIEg2tTAiG.png

notice they're all png or pg or g files, no OBJ.

but I click on a few of trhe shorts ones:

S4KetASlB01jF2a7csuXcssjCsFSAIEEvTgDPsYS.png

and I think: maybe they're elsewhere, so I set the hounds to search, wide and far:

doDoE1wJdD5A1SFyMZeHUsT4XhMubzVoKtczGHD2.png

and nothing in this expanse, but the display window says I have the shorts installed. where are they?

drawn ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 12:40 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 12:40 PM

I kept looking and found this:

FiVktLiXnjcdpxvRFySCYrwuCILIsXWPCjlVFYkC.png

ah-hah, I got 'em, thinks I, and then...

dU3neXBl1SnwdWmcp9YNMs0PMfCEUtLrmWUajVCM.png

yay, got them on LF1 to LF2 figger, and think I almost got 'em,

6qtgoSjDNmbKK47yvfobzHPyDF2ebDxDz8EIVtVE.png

I try to follow instructions and export them so I try to export them with different name to add on to the original pants, but I can't see them. and this happens when I try to put the "conformed" pants on lafemme 2.. I feel so close and yet still not there yet. corrections?

d

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 1:20 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 1:27 PM

I'm shooting blind here because I don't have the conversion item. But most likely this is what you have to do.

-- Select the shorts in the scene.

-- Choose Object > Copy Morphs From

-- When you are prompted to select the item to copy morphs from, select the Fitting Suit PROP (you may need to use a drop down menu to select it)

-- There should be a morph in the fitting suit named LF 2 or something like that. But I suspect there might be other JCM morphs in there as well. It might help if you provide a screen shot of the morphs that are included.

-- In any case, after you copy the morphs, you want to select the shorts object, and "dial in" the LF2 body shape morph. You should see the shorts change shape.

-- With the shorts selected, choose File > Export > WaveFront OBJ.  Export the LF2 shorts object to the location of your choice (check the LF2 readme perhaps it makes suggestions). Make sure to name the object differently than the original. Perhaps the original filename with LF2 appended.

However, note that this OBJ file is still a PROP, it's not a conforming figure like the original shorts were. Not having the instructions for the conversion kit I'm not sure if it explains where to go from here --- and if you think you've had questions up until this point ... you're in a whole new, and very advanced, ball game with creating conforming clothing 8-)

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 2:53 PM

Once the morph is transferred and applied to the OBJ shorts, it is exported from the scene, as DeeceyArt described.  The next step is to delete everything in the scene or reboot Poser.  Import the saved OBJ shorts back into Poser and proceed into the Setup room.  From the Library, load the LF2_DEVSuitHI figure into the scene.  This is as far as I can get, going from memory.  I will need to find the instruction tutorial to continue.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2024 at 7:16 PM · edited Fri, 07 June 2024 at 7:26 PM
Forum Moderator

The thing about Poser is there's as many ways to do something as there are people doling it. Let's try this the "All inside Poser way" with minimal import-export steps. This technique is fine for personal use. A pro content developer will use some extra steps for improved quality.

1) In a new, empty scene import the OBJ for the Figure you want to convert from LaFemme1 to LaFemme2. When you import make sure you un-check all the import options. You don't need any "fixing" of the imported OBJ. (This is the only import step. The rest of this is pure Poser)

2) From the content library in the Props category load the "LF1 to LF2 Prefit Tool"

3) Select the Clothes and from the Top Menu choose Object > Copy Morphs From ...

4) Pick the prefit tool "LF1-LF2 Prefit" as the source of the morphs

5) Make sure the Clothes are still selected. Find the new morphs "LF2 Shape" and dial it to 1.0

6) You're done with the LF1-LF2 Prefit tool. Delete it from your scene.

7) Save often, save your sanity. Save with a new file name.

Now you have clothing geometry that's morphed to the shape of LF2 but it's not a figure. Next we need to turn a simple geometry into a Poser figure. This is the "All Poser" way. When you get comfortable with this work flow this is the point where you can touch up the auto-generated shape to be more artistic. That's for another day.

8) Load the figure or the "DEV" figure that's the target. In this case use "LF2 DEVSuitHigh"

9) your scene should look like the Clothes are on the Dev figure. There may be some small poke through. This is when you'd fix those by editing the morph that you created earlier. For now let's just get figure finished.

10) Save for your sanity. You will almost certainly need to return to this point.

11) Switch to the Fitting room This is where the Clothes become a figure.

12) [New] fitting session

13) Pick the Object, That will be the shorts prop that you added the morph to. Un-check the option to zero the prop. You need that morph you created and dialed in earlier.

14) Pick the Goal. That's the figure it's going to fit. That will be the LF2 DEV SuitHigh.

15) [OK]

16) [Create Figure] ... Give the new shorts a name "CFLaFemme-Shorts_LF2" will do for now. [OK]

17) Uncheck all the body parts, then add back only the parts that this clothing needs.

18) Uncheck Transfer Morphs, (We'll transfer morphs later) Uncheck Auto Group, Check Zero rotations

19) [OK] (And it looks like nothing happened ... )

20) Switch back to the Pose Room. (Still looks like nothing happened ...)

21) The new figure the fitting room made and the prop you made at the beginning are right on top of each other.

22) Save for your sanity

23) select the PROP shorts "CFLaFemme-Shorts 1" Delete them from the scene.

24) You should have the newly created shorts figure and LF2 DEV Suit in your scene.

25) Now we need to make the newly created shorts figure better.

26) Select the Shorts figure you created "CFLaFemme-Shorts_FL2"

27) Top Menu > Figure Copy Joint Zones From ...  Pick "LF2_DEVSuit" as the source for the joint zones.

28) Top Menu > Copy Morphs From ...  Pick "LF2_DEVSuit" as the source for the Morphs.

29) (Optional) Un-check irrelevant morphs (Arm morphs don't apply to a pair of shorts) Uncheck the "TOOL FaFemme Shape"

30) [Ok] (This may take a while.)

31) Select the Clothes' BODY and make sure it's setup to conform properly.

32) With the shorts selected choose a library folder in the Figures category where you want to save the new LF2 fitting shorts.

33) If you're asked where to save the OBJ let Poser save it in the Geometries folder (Default choice)

You now have a pair of shorts that fit LaFemme 2.

Next to explore is adding more morphs so the shorts will fit other characters. Maybe tomorrow.

nerd ( ) posted Fri, 07 June 2024 at 7:49 PM
Forum Moderator

FYI For all of you watching from the sidelines this method can be used to swap clothes between any two figures providing you have a bodybag prop that has a morph from the original shape to the goal shape as a morph. So yes, V4 to LaFemme is a bodybag away.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

nerd. :3) Select the Clothes and from the Top Menu choose Object > Copy Morphs From ...

4) Pick the prefit tool "LF1-LF2 Prefit" as the source of the morphs

I for some reason cannot choose object, copy morphs from and get the lf1 source. see screenshot of  photoPZTadCHWX4FXynEkhHmY8Qki3ZpSpr8RiLgiL3gz.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 1:47 PM

You have the wrong Prefit tool selected.  You will find it in under props.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 2:32 PM

nerd: in saving the converted shorts I saved them to the country fresh folder with lf2 in name. that seems to work, but then in attempting to follow your directions about the OBJ file I made a temp folder in same place. don't know. that's not what you did. what do you advise about that?

dZn5mH6Gl9vMYgmaj0cryfy1xMmVibkAx0KW0xuWf.png

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 3:45 PM

Technically, OBJ files can be saved anywhere as long as you know its location and have easy access.  If you follow Poser's folder hierarchy convention, the OBJ file should be placed within the Geometries folder in an easily accessible subfolder.  It could be the same folder as the original, as long as the original is not overwritten.  Once a conforming garment is created, it is advisable not to relocate the OBJ file elsewhere afterwards.  Doing so, will break the absolute path the conforming clothes needs to find the OBJ file.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 4:08 PM

I’ll try but I have to go outside ponder to find geometries…

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 5:39 PM
Forum Moderator

I'd go outside but it's 105 here today.That glowing plasma ball in the sky is very unfriendly today.

And it doesn't really matter where you save the finished clothes. Poser will have created the OBJ in the Geometries folder. Just leave the OBJ there. You can move the character file (the CR2) if you need to.

nerd ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 5:51 PM
Forum Moderator

P.S. For the fans in the bleachers. In P13 the "Save to Geometries" choice was added when poser creates a new OBJ. It will save the OBJ in a geometries folder that's in the same relative place as the CR2 is saved.

So ...

If the Figure is saved in runtime:libraries:characters:mystuff

the OBJ will be in runtime:geometries:characters:mystuff

Not perfect but way better than dumping it in the character's folder.

drawn ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 5:54 PM

Me looking forward to the rest of your great teaching 😮🙌

hborre ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 7:14 PM
nerd posted at 7:49 PM Fri, 7 June 2024 - #4485902

FYI For all of you watching from the sidelines this method can be used to swap clothes between any two figures providing you have a bodybag prop that has a morph from the original shape to the goal shape as a morph. So yes, V4 to LaFemme is a bodybag away.

How would one go about creating a bodybag prop?

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 4:45 PM

nerd: I find that in copying relative parts of the Tool, I only clicked on waist and the results indicate I should have clicked on hips and thighs and maybe glutes. is there a way to click on all important parts to transfer those to clothes item, or do I have to go back and repeat the process for each?

drawn

DeeceyArt ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 4:56 PM · edited Mon, 10 June 2024 at 4:59 PM
hborre posted at 7:14 PM Sat, 8 June 2024 - #4485957

nerd posted at 7:49 PM Fri, 7 June 2024 - #4485902

How would one go about creating a bodybag prop?

Start with the La Femme fitting suit. Use a modeler, or ZBrush (and highly recommend the ZWrap plugin for ZBrush) to reshape the fitting suit to fit whatever figure you want to transfer shapes to. When reshaping, pay attention to "landing points" like nipples, breasts, belly button, knees, elbows, etc so that the clothing transfers fit correctly.

You might be able to use the fitting room to do this as well, just keep an eye on the landing points appearing in the right places.

Rhia474 ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 5:27 PM
drawn posted at 4:45 PM Mon, 10 June 2024 - #4486026

nerd: I find that in copying relative parts of the Tool, I only clicked on waist and the results indicate I should have clicked on hips and thighs and maybe glutes. is there a way to click on all important parts to transfer those to clothes item, or do I have to go back and repeat the process for each?

drawn

You click on ALL the parts the clothing would cover at once. So for a short, you need waist (maybe abdomen to be sure), hip, left and right thigh, if glutes are separate on the figure you're using, those as well (not having Poser at hand atm so don't remember if LF2 has those separate). You do this once for each ITEM you are converting.

drawn ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 7:26 PM

Thanks,Rhia 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.