Mon, Jul 1, 10:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 01 5:41 pm)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Challenge Arena Forum Carnival Booth

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Tue, 28 May 2024 at 10:33 AM · edited Mon, 01 July 2024 at 10:09 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Play the game and win!

Theme: Useless Superhero

Welcome to the Superhero game challenge. Here you will create the most useless superhero possible. You may submit as many entries as you like. Staff will pick the winner at the end of the carnival. You may use pre-made products. No AI. You may discuss techniques with other members in this forum challenge. Share your skills. Have fun.

Submissions Open: Tuesday, May 28, 2024, 10:00 AM CDT
Submissions Closed: July 1, 2024, 5:00 PM CDT
Winners Announced: Monday, July 8, 2024

Managers: Forum Moderator

Summer Carnival Prize Listing (One prize per booth, except marble game)

(One Prize Per Person)

1st Place, Grand Prize: Poser 13 or $200 Gift Certificate: 1 person, chosen by staff from all the challenges

2nd Place: 5,000 Render Rewards Points: 2 winners

3rd Place: 1,000 Render Rewards Points: 2 winners

4th Place: 500 Render Rewards Points: 2 winners

5th Place: Rpub Prize Packs Poser & Daz: 5 prize pack with 5 products each to 3 people

Rules: See TOS

Wolfenshire, Moderator/Community Leader

wkt_1 ( ) posted Wed, 29 May 2024 at 7:47 AM · edited Sat, 01 June 2024 at 10:44 AM

looks amazing

MajinBoo ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 9:31 PM

The Hover able to hover about a foot off the ground. Perfect for avoiding spills and thin ice. Hover's speed is slowing than his walking pace. kHqa428pXAPh9poLBs83AoHRGnuzH9KbhWArIa7z.jpg

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Fri, 31 May 2024 at 11:50 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

lol, I love it, brilliant!

antony1 ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2024 at 1:26 PM

The Brokkoli Man

My Mom said, when I eat my vegetables every day I will be a Superhero when I grow up.

hp1WH8q6MFLayFmpVd4DYLtPfMOIfKMchnUiYm7W.jpg

MajinBoo ( ) posted Sun, 02 June 2024 at 8:00 PM

"The Brokkoli Man" even the spelling is cute  

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2024 at 12:58 AM · edited Mon, 03 June 2024 at 1:00 AM

They say that great minds think alike, so may I present

Captain Cabbage

JB3MMHZBmxbW5nw1l3tunSbWeay2gjeGq0z3W4gp.jpg

First appearing over in one my threads at DAZ in 2017, his only known superpower is 'gazing-into-the-distance-in-a-superior-manner-to-commune-with-the-cosmic-cabbage' 

The 3Dcheapskate* occasionally posts sensible stuff. Usually by accident.

*also available in ShareCG, DAZ, and CGBytes flavours.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2024 at 1:25 AM

And we also have The Weather Girls, a trio of superheroines.

Two of the three, June Heatwave and May Electricalstorm, have rather impressive superpowers and thus aren't eligible for this challenge.

But the remaining Weather Girl is eminently suitable, so may I present

April Showers - a rather wet and wimpy superheroine

bPzL4AZICb91qpTq7xRbu9mgunpjtBZ2Xgpv8WWe.jpg

MajinBoo ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2024 at 5:15 AM

Wow my brain totally misread the deadline so here's another I did over the weekend.  "The Clicker" can turn on any tv and change the channel but can't control which channel she turns to. Emits a clicking sound when using her powers.

HVlELrvFBxthbtn5XRAthFhMKVtJ6Qj3IYCveTMx.jpg

MajinBoo ( ) posted Mon, 03 June 2024 at 10:33 AM

Kari Okey-doke

Can't instantly memorize the lyrics to any song. But she's tone deaf. 

3DDmcOkKoo2ABHqfGBYkeDmfAFOO2ep8a6fxxzhW.jpg

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 5:37 AM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 5:38 AM

MajinBoo  I'm currently at a loss to come up with a genuine superpower that's as useless as that of The Hover - that's absolutely inspired, I take my hat off to you ! :oD

Hmmm... I've just realized that there's nothing in the rules to indicate that an image is required, so...

T h e   T i m e   R u n n e r

Timmy Traveller, aka The Time Runner, has the superpower of travelling into the future by running fast. If he runs fast for thirty seconds he can travel thirty seconds into the future.

But rather strangely, if he sits in front of the TV for thirty seconds he actually travels half an hour into the future...

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 11:39 AM
antony1 posted at 1:26 PM Sun, 2 June 2024 - #4485563

The Brokkoli Man

My Mom said, when I eat my vegetables every day I will be a Superhero when I grow up.

hp1WH8q6MFLayFmpVd4DYLtPfMOIfKMchnUiYm7W.jpg

Maybe Brokkoli Man and Captain Cabbage could team up with The Sprout, Cauliflower Girl, Kale Boy and Kohlrabi to form a superhero team called the Brassica-Men ? Or perhaps The Greens ?

MajinBoo ( ) posted Tue, 04 June 2024 at 7:49 PM · edited Tue, 04 June 2024 at 7:52 PM

I think all these characters would make for a great team. Well maybe not "great" but they would make a team. 3Dcheapskate appreciate the praise for "The Hover" The real challenge is coming with some more interesting ideas. Like could "The Time Runner" go back in time if he ran backwards?

msansing ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 8:23 AM
Site Admin
MajinBoo posted at 9:31 PM Fri, 31 May 2024 - #4485510

The Hover able to hover about a foot off the ground. Perfect for avoiding spills and thin ice. Hover's speed is slowing than his walking pace. 

That's great! I love it!! 

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Wed, 05 June 2024 at 11:25 PM · edited Wed, 05 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

MajinBoo posted at 7:49 PM Tue, 4 June 2024 - #4485706

I think all these characters would make for a great team. Well maybe not "great" but they would make a team. 3Dcheapskate appreciate the praise for "The Hover" The real challenge is coming with some more interesting ideas. Like could "The Time Runner" go back in time if he ran backwards?

That's an interesting question to which I don't know the answer, so I'll ask him next time I see him.

Thinking further about The Hover's superpower - what happens when he hovers over a weighing scale? If the scales read zero then his superpower would allow him to avoid triggering pressure sensors or setting off landmines. On the other hand if they read his normal weight...

And finally for this post here are the names, just the names, of a few other potential superheroes (superpowers not yet fully fleshed out): the Karma Komedian, the Hider, the Effluencer, the Timelord*, and the Muddler (although I think that last one's more of a supervillain than a superhero)

*I think he has a bit more control over the passage of time than the Time Runner. But not much more

MajinBoo ( ) posted Thu, 06 June 2024 at 4:03 PM

Well, I'd say force of power (although not an intense one) that allows him to hover exerts an amount of pressure that although wouldn't read as his actual weight it would definitely register on a scale and set off a pressure sensor. A coworker also reminded me of another fact about the Hover's ability. He can only a foot above any surface so if he was top of a ladder activated his power and moved away from the ladder he would drop until he was a foot of the ground. Hearing Karma Komedian's name makes me think Kari Okey-doke would want to start singing "Kharma Chameleon". 

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 2:16 AM

I ran into Timmy Traveller (aka The Time Runner) very early this morning while I was walking across the empty town square. I hadn't seen him approaching but he bumped into me, literally, and said "I did indeed! I did indeed!". He'd somehow snuck up on me from behind and bodychecked me, but as I turned to confront him he was already running away. He was running quite fast, and he was running forwards, but he was running rather strangely. The movement of his legs was rather, well, wonky is probably the best word I can use to describe it. His gaze was constantly directed over his shoulder, occasionally switching to look over the other shoulder, and even though he was paying no attention to where he was going he negotiated the kerbs with ease. He was also leaning backwards in an impossibly unbalanced manner. He ran like this in a large loop around the town square and ended up standing in front of me looking rather confused, wobbling around, glancing here and there with a puzzled expression on his face

"Did you just run backwards in time?" I asked him, at which point there was a loud 'thwack' sound and he collapsed on the ground in a limp heap.

I helped him back to my lodgings where a glass of whisky helped bring him back to his senses. He then explained that running backwards in time was easy, but it was when he stopped that things got difficult. The act of running backwards in time apparently forced him into a timeline where, once time resumed its normal progression, he had no choice but to do the running backwards in time that he'd just done, but in reverse. The best analogy he could come up with was if two bungee ropes wer stretched in equal and opposite directions and released simultaneously - the moment that he starts to run backwards in time is the moment that the bungee ropes thwack into each other, and him.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 1:11 PM · edited Sat, 08 June 2024 at 1:11 PM

I present to you: Captain SuperFart! Only his farts are bigger than his biceps and ego. This character was created for a contest kindly organized by Wolfenshire. Thanks for that!

CyVlX6SD5nlir4FyHSx5lqMpSOFEc7TTkSf4EFz4.jpg

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 5:37 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

Oh no, the cat burglar is getting away!

fantail451 ( ) posted Sat, 08 June 2024 at 11:32 PM · edited Sat, 08 June 2024 at 11:33 PM

7wKPatkjHh59ND94Nm7ompKIKXxavPs7u5yZ3TgC.jpg

Super unPicker, she can semi-flatten the fingers of only her right hand (except the index finger and thumb) which means she can't even pick her own nose properly. This makes her sad.

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2024 at 12:02 PM · edited Sun, 09 June 2024 at 12:02 PM

Bounding into the room in an acrobatic manner and making a little stumble before adopting her superheroine action pose we have...

L o n g   S l e e v e d   L e o t a r d   G i r l

SsYWfiS1sqaAx23NidgoKrc4zRGWqfaRcpaCnjEs.jpg

Her superpowers include bounding into the room in an acrobatic manner and making a little stumble before adopting her superheroine action pose...
...errr...
I think that's about it. Although she's apparently quite good at mountaineering - but that's not really a superpower, and she says the super-outfit's not very practical for climbing mountains.

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Sun, 09 June 2024 at 2:28 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

These are all so wonderfully creative. I can't pick a favorite.

MajinBoo ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 6:35 AM

Got an idea last night.  Team Tantrum  a group of kids with the power to  throw a tantrum through sheer will power. Making adults and villains shake their heads, walk away or try to ignore them. Their weaknesses is their parents spanking them. A time out has no effect.  I'll post a picture later.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 9:53 PM · edited Mon, 10 June 2024 at 9:53 PM

- 2024 Monarch Magnet Aka Magnetic Mess PaiThan V01

There once was a Monarch who aspired to become a superhero.

He concocted a super-expensive pill exclusively for his own use, 

aiming to transform himself into a human magnet. Being a monarch, 

he already possessed a cape! Therefore, all he required was a cool name. 

Thus, he dubbed himself: Monarch Magnet! However, unlike his favorite comic book character,

he couldn't control the power. Soon, he gained notoriety as: Magnetic Mess!

** According to the TOS no blood nor bloody mess:)

7Xzv7ZS7D9O4yd0VkpcZZXe9GkX689OeV7gTYXDE.jpg

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 10:36 PM · edited Mon, 10 June 2024 at 10:38 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

@PinkCloudSlippers The TOS has been updated. Depictions of blood are allowed in art on Renderosity, in the galleries and forums, with the violence tag checked. Just not in the contest modules because the contest modules don't have the ability to place a violence tag. But I wouldn't use violence in the carnival either, not because it's not allowed, but because if you win, I couldn't post your image on any page with the other winners.

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Mon, 10 June 2024 at 11:17 PM · edited Mon, 10 June 2024 at 11:21 PM

Aha. Well there no blood in it, nor a splashed King:) I kept it all child and imaginary friendly with just the cape and crown, you know maybe the king had an undo pill after all... and could escape just on time.

MajinBoo ( ) posted Tue, 11 June 2024 at 3:46 AM

Team Tantrum: Crybaby, Kid Tantrum and the Grumbling Pout

These three young "heroes" have the power to have a temper tantrum at same time as others. Despite their distance from each other, as long as one has one the other two shall follow. Watch as adults, even heroes and villains walk away in fear, confusion and disappointment in their parents. Try to ignore them their noise and collateral won't allow it. A time out has no effect whatsoever. Sometimes even a good spanking from their parents is ineffective. Usually, the effects of their power wain and disperse after about 15 minutes after the initial start. kZsNe1P5Olf42CBZa2Xic8lkj6sYLTX36HVnaLPx.jpg

TerraMoore ( ) posted Thu, 13 June 2024 at 6:56 PM

The enVisioner - her prescience allows her to accurately predict the near future... too bad it's limited to the grocery prices at her local store

x8sXkNK9bkSMRHvqJbc1WHjrtBX0XUyltf9o8Ccm.jpg

nemesis74s ( ) posted Fri, 14 June 2024 at 1:18 PM

The render hero

Ptt7QAraJ2EPZ5kOrkhdgfrKu3xTzCpZfpAFn4MX.jpg

That's me, lol! :D

MajinBoo ( ) posted Sun, 16 June 2024 at 10:32 PM

Alright inspiration hit me while I was at work today. Patrick Butter (his friends call him Pat) is "Butter Fingers" Able to transform his fingers into actually butter. Make sure he washes his hands for at least twenty seconds before he transforms his digits.  Takes about a week for his fingers to regenerate back to normal. Best to refrigerate his left-over butter fingers. Perfect for pancakes and waffles. UbvjbrfpvNG5g0e5t28NNQtrDjru2in58MNaYqua.jpg

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 17 June 2024 at 7:48 AM
Site Admin

I think this might be a reason to switch to margarine.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

antony1 ( ) posted Thu, 20 June 2024 at 11:35 AM

Invisible

My power is my magical cloak. All the monsters out there can't see me because for them I'm invisible now.

l5ag4xhGetZTvCgUWXbdwqb905yWW34WjFj2JWAD.jpg

sanderling ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2024 at 4:08 AM · edited Tue, 25 June 2024 at 4:08 AM

xCZLXriEysHAkBjbfCU8EpBSeN5F9Me5W4J5CvcA.jpg

7QpmzMBPOeIizgKC9ERc2Q6QGaCV0O5JvegNxBTb.jpg

sanderling ( ) posted Tue, 25 June 2024 at 7:47 PM

Oh rats! I think I have to disqualify myself. I just saw the sentence "No AI" in the instructions. The background image of my first panel is AI-generated -- I didn't have a model of a ruined city, lol. 

The balloon animal and the monster in the first panel are 3d, and everything in the second panel is 3d. Does that salvage my entry? Either way:   Best contest EVER!

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 2:30 AM
Site Admin Online Now!
I would say the first image is significantly a.i., and would not be allowed.

The second image is fine.

And thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the Carnival.

msansing ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 7:56 AM
Site Admin
MajinBoo posted at 3:46 AM Tue, 11 June 2024 - #4486044

Team Tantrum: Crybaby, Kid Tantrum and the Grumbling Pout

These three young "heroes" have the power to have a temper tantrum at same time as others. Despite their distance from each other, as long as one has one the other two shall follow. Watch as adults, even heroes and villains walk away in fear, confusion and disappointment in their parents. Try to ignore them their noise and collateral won't allow it. A time out has no effect whatsoever. Sometimes even a good spanking from their parents is ineffective. Usually, the effects of their power wain and disperse after about 15 minutes after the initial start. 

This is great I love it! 

MajinBoo ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 7:25 PM

Thanks, msansing let's just say I've had plenty of inspiration for Team Tantrum. Overall, this has been a fun challenge and some pretty great ideas from the other participants as well. Might be able to squeeze out one more idea. 

APlusDesign ( ) posted Wed, 26 June 2024 at 8:44 PM · edited Wed, 26 June 2024 at 8:44 PM

Health Food Ninja - turning all Supervillians' sweet treats into healthy ones, stopping them from eating their favourite sugary treats ever again.

EiXJIz5dhLxfjO1GmR0s8qaGaKL8ZUYQ31pGWCAB.jpg

wkt_1 ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 7:49 AM

the graphics are wow

3dcheapskate ( ) posted Thu, 27 June 2024 at 11:51 AM · edited Thu, 27 June 2024 at 11:51 AM

And now may I present to you...

S u p e r n o v a

...who can create a huge, blindingly bright explosion that will  blind evildoers (temporarily of course, since he's a superhero not a supervillain) and/or totally destroy any physical objects that are causing a hazard to good honest citizens (especially hazardous objects put there by supervillains).

laKXQ1AnGQCuOXhYfSv6latOwrhSqNh6EZlalCMd.jpg

However, after doing so all that will be left of him will be a large expanding cloud of gas and debris.
So obviously he hasn't ever used this superpower.

His nemesis is a supervillain who goes by the name of S h r a p n e l and who can turn his body into deadly shards that fly out in all directions wreaking havoc.
Once.
Obviously he's never used his superpower either.

Supernova and Shrapnel have had many long standoffs.

sanderling ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2024 at 1:49 AM · edited Fri, 28 June 2024 at 1:49 AM

I'm resubmitting my initial entry. This time, the background image in the first panel is all 3d render (plus some layering in Photoshop). No AI whatsoever!!!  Sorry for that first one, everybody. Next time I'll read the instructions! 

b2z3cD3HvUIpqyg7DMBAI7sRxVStmyug8TNUpRLX.jpg

TWBiw4IGyrxEOuQYazEKrZRrVoWjSocqBq0erYxk.jpg

PinkCloudSlippers ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2024 at 8:16 PM

Sanderling. Cool that you have been honest. And i like your resub better!

sanderling ( ) posted Fri, 28 June 2024 at 10:44 PM

Thanks, PCS!!!  

MargyThunderstorm ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 2:01 AM

Spiderman-Kid
...maybe he'll be brave when he grows up. But until then he is relatively useless. :D

Y7LPu8rRuZbhFbOPKfIvag25wS9wByWQxOxohj3W.jpg

fantail451 ( ) posted Sat, 29 June 2024 at 4:17 AM · edited Sat, 29 June 2024 at 4:17 AM

9xskE374ahGh6YzraHYjY4xjgnG9KUyEedcCgnvd.jpg

WaxMan. Can turn any flesh into wax (but not hair or eyes) but needs to avoid strong light and heat. Isn't able to regenerate and so wouldn't wish this power on his worst enemy (and he has quite a few).

wkt_1 ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2024 at 8:40 AM

the quality of the graphics looks real 

MajinBoo ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2024 at 10:00 AM

Last day one more entry.

The Great Gobbler

Thomas Turkington was peck by a turkey (no not radioactive). The next day he found he developed a superpower! The ability to command turkeys no. To communicate with turkeys no. To turn into a turkey no. But he emits an irritating turkey gobbling sound. Fear not he won't shatter glass. But it can startle and annoy criminals, civilians and other heroes. 

XtoRbmSFhXRn3S65FccIAUmTjX8HpcZ82b6JfN8S.jpg

Wolfenshire ( ) posted Mon, 01 July 2024 at 5:41 PM · edited Mon, 01 July 2024 at 5:42 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

admin place marker:

Entries as of this post: 22

Carnival is over. Thanks for playing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.