Sat, Sep 21, 9:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 1:47 am)

Subject: Free Download

Uzilite ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 9:39 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:38 AM

No, this is not an announcement for a free download. It is a comment in regards to my free download.

I rarely visit the forums to socialize but mostly to ask technical questions usually in the Poser Technical forum. But when I do visit the forums to do the former I am mostly welcomed with accusatory and sometimes offensive remarks to my person.

My very ever first free clothing item, HellAndBack, that "blasphemous" morphing undergarment, received such a beating in one of the forums that people forgot the generous act behind it.

I've been so very often accused of plotting some dubious marketing trick. Or playing a practical "joke." Offering people bogus download opportunities only later it will be sold for "$10,000" somewhere. Also for the record, no, I am not trying to infect anyone's computer with some exotic virus. The HellAndBack thread alone is far more interesting.

You see, I would like to point out that people who contributes to the free stuff section suffers from this rare disease called "kindness." It sometimes can be quite debilitating. For example, I got slapped with a huge bill by my hosting service for providing "free stuff" for the community here. A very high fee that will take me sometime to pay. Hence the commercial move (and no, unfortunately, this is not some BS I made up as an excuse.)

And yet, I still managed to provide my latest item LaSeduzione (which I woked very hard for and pay many attention to detail) for free, albeit now, a limited time only.

I am not seeking sympathy nor a pat in the back nor endless words of compliments. I merely like to state that the very people who kept the Free Stuff section full are actually doing the community a very BIG favor. Isn't the free downloads that drive many people here in the first place.

My point being, before cutting my body into pieces and decorating the forums with it, kindly take the issue directly to me first. If I am unreacheable by IM, you can reach me at webmaster@uzilite.com. The latter being a better means of communicating with me.

The issue with La Seduzione:

1. The side was pulled down temporarily by the hosting service after the first few hours of the launch because of the sudden surge in bandwith.

2. The .EXE file is a Flash movie stand alone application. It also contains coupons to get the 10 next new clothing items for free from uzilite.com (just joking.)

3. I don't even know what is the STD(1).VBS. I suspect it comes from the tripod site.

4. The World Wide Web is populated with "cookies." A fact of life. About 125% website out there places "cookies" on your browsers.

5. Marque and others, especially to Margue, as a favor to you and to show that I read, comprehend and symphatize with your complaints, from now on there will be no more uzilite.com free downloads. So you really should not worry anymore in the future. That's one paranoia gone for you.

6. If you'd like to see a non-flash page for the free download, pay me then I will make a special one just for you. Like, dude, I am, like, giving it to you guys for free already!?!

7. I think Briney Spear is hot.

It seems for every free downloads offer I make I get abused, either from this community or my hosting service and sometimes from the jerk sitting across my room.

I would not mind so much if it was a critique about my modeling skills or my art work (in fact I encourage that kind of criticism) or even grammar correction for my pur Engleeshz but when it directs to my character as a person that is another matter.

Now on to my love life problems. There's this tall brunette, very beautiful. she's French and.....

If you are going to respond to this thread kindly begin with: "Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful..."

Sayonara

movida ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 9:52 PM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful.... ok, here's my .02 g First, thank you for everything you've given Second, I don't blame you one bit Third, make room for me because I'll be in the shit house too! ROTFLMAO

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:00 PM

Wusamah, you handsome, beautiful thing you...I applaude your creativity and thank you for the beautiful free downloads you shared with us.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

daeve ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:14 PM

I too would like to thank you for your generous items. They are way above quality I expect from free items. Thanks daeve oh yes, and you are handsome and beautiful.

ronknights ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:17 PM

I'm sorry you were hassled so much. I somehow missed that entire thread. I've never seen your hellandback outfit. Was I out of town during that time? I've been here by my computer all year.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:18 PM

Wusamah, What you offered was sooo awesome and I am sooo thankful. I was estatic when I open it and saw all the beautiful things for Vicki that you so kindly gave for free. It is wardrobe in itself. I myself am indebted because without people like you my Vicki would be stark Naked. Beautiful work and I pray you will continue???

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

willdial ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:40 PM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful...and if you want me to continue it will be $4.99 a minute (joking, its $2.99) First, I want to say thank you very much. I absolutely love all your items. I also want to say thank you for making them free. I want to reply to your comments. 1. I too had to find a new host due to bandwidth over-use. I have come to expect that with poser downloads. 2. The .EXE file did give me some pause. Rightfully so people are kind of paranoid of downloading an .EXE file. Perhaps a text file saying what the .EXE was probably would have helped. 3. That virus that only infect IE with Visual Basic Scripting activated. VBS lets in most of the viruses in. It was from the Tripod site. Shame on them. 4. The cookies problem one person was complaining about was their browser screwing up. It is their problem, not yours. 5. I am really sad to hear that you are not going to make any more free items. I will just have to cherish the ones that I already have. And, when dealing with difficult people, I remember the line "... you can please some of the people some of the time." 6. I like your flash pages. I also recently got high speed internet so they come down fast. I can understand the people with 56k being a little upset. But, Patience is a virtue. I remember 56k downloads. 7. Britany Spears is hot no doubt. well thats my two cents and a whole dollar.

jrsamples ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:52 PM

Ditto on the praise. Your stuff is incredible. After reading through that thread, I can understand how you probably feel pretty beat. I was gonna make a statement about one particular person who posted to that thread, but I'm not. That would make this message about them and it's really about you. I for one love the stuff you make. And being somebody in the real world who pays for bandwidth, I understand the trouble with hosts and am more than willing to be patient and wait for what your talent has made. I also saw a lot of people posting praise in that thread and you certainly can add me to that list.

wolfetrap ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 10:54 PM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful...having said that.

Thanks for the freebies. When people hassle you politely invite them to go and copulate with themselves. It works for me.

OpticalSingenoid ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:23 PM

Well, Are You?? :-0 Beauty comes from within & spills out onto the Shell called the body... So, Yeah! You are Handsome!! ;-) A big thank you for the Amazing stuff you so generously donated!! Since, i'm learning modeling from my bro Viomar, i can attest to the fact that it's lots of work! Especially Clothes! So i Salute your Brilliant efforts!! Well, make sure to let us know where & when to get more of your Goodies(Even commercial). Be well!! Anik(Tall brunette who happens to be French & happily married!) ;-)

leather-guy ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:39 PM

"Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful..." I thought your response, as posted in the forum just now, bespeaks a great maturity. Well spoken! I'm sorry the behavior of the few will deprive us all.

spudgrl ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:44 PM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful... why does this happen so dam often? One person f's it up for everyone else. Now we dont get anymore wonderful freebies from you..which BTW I looked forward to with baited breath. You presentations were inovative and fun and I for one am sorry you got so many hassles. thank you very much. I look forward to your items you will be selling.

Scarab ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:44 PM

Handsome and beautiful<-ditto Please make more stuff.....Please make some of it freebie....but I would consider paying for the rest, your stuff seems to be that good....I just like freebies...it harks back to the excitement I always felt opening the toy surprise in the CrackerJacks....(I had a very boring childhood) Scarab<-diabetic and toothless from eating that crap....still have the secret decoder ring and the flipbooks...

Lovely Lady ( ) posted Thu, 14 February 2002 at 11:56 PM

Oh handsome and beautiful one (from a long ago brunette who can only speak French with a Texas accent, but who is still "lovely"), I want to thank you and say that I was a bit disappointed at the slamming you got. How ungrateful!

beav1 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:09 AM

"Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful..." Thanks for the great download.... People should recognize your "niceness" rather than griping like they're owed something. ...much appreciated...:)

ElectricAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:10 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful...and it's a shame that there are not more people like you. Don't feel too aweful, you aren't the only one who's been slammed in this forum. Some folkes around here are pretty punchy 24/7. Britney Spears IS Hot I enjoy your freestuff, please make more and just don't give it to mean people. Mean people suck.

Ms_Outlaw ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:11 AM

Everyone notices the jerk... that is what they thrive on. The attention they get. A spot light for them alone while the rest of us pass by unoticed and forgotten when the battle wages. We pay the price. It gets so damn tiring. I've only been here for around 6 months now and it's been one battle after another. Some very talented people don't post anymore or give things away. I don't blame them... but I do miss them. Good night... Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful...

lmckenzie ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:26 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful....
Your work is excellent, your generosity above reproach. It would be sad if you were to abandon either based on the meaningless drivel of the small and the silly. Heed these words of wisdom.

"If I care to listen to every criticism, let alone act on them, then this shop may as well be closed for all other businesses. I have learned to do my best, and if the end result is good then I do not care for any criticism, but if the end result is not good, then even the praise of ten angels would not make the difference."

~ Abraham Lincoln ~

"In judging others, folks will work overtime for no pay."

~ Charles Edwin Carruthers ~

"Reviewers are usually people who would have been, poets, historians, biographer, if they could. They have tried their talents at one thing or another and have failed; therefore they turn critic."

~ Samuel Taylor Coleridge ~

"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes."

~ Source Unknown ~

"It is the nature of the artist to mind excessively what is said about him. Literature is strewn with the wreckage of men who have minded beyond reason the opinions of others."

~ Virginia Woolf ~

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:31 AM

I almost wrote a reply to that original thread when I saw how many people were complaining about having trouble getting something for FREE. I got a small dose of that when Questor was having some trouble with his server that was hosting my Vickybuster texture. People wrote to me angrily asking why the download links didn't work, and some wanted to send it to them directly. I'm sorry to hear about all of this, and I understand your feelings. People ought to just be thankful that they're getting something for free before mouthing off. Take care (and thank you for the nice comments you've given me as well, I appreciate them very much). SnowS Hoping his pictures are worth 1001 words

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

rudipooimf ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:32 AM

Well folks it seems someone else understands where we at Dynagrind were coming from a while ago. Not enough of the "cash cows" share with the community in a "free" way. And once again one of us "Free Stuff" guys has gotten fed up with all the crap and complaints. I got a new host for Dynagrind.com and the unlimited bandwidth saved me paying all the extra cash. We still do freestuff but not as much anymore. Sorry to see you had the problems you did man. Join the club. :)

whoopdat ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:41 AM

and damn kind. Thanks for the stuff you've provided. It's certainly very high quality work. It's a shame people bitch about getting things that are free, but if you can ignore them, you're on the right track. I'm sorry to hear that you've incurred a large bill and that you'll have to cut down on the kindness, but I appreciate what you've given thus far and will look forward to your new items regardless. It's been fun. Don't let the whiners get to you.

Stormrage ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:52 AM

Doooo i haveeeee ta???? well okay Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful. There now i said it. :) Your work is TOP NOTCH! I really like the pieces you have done and realllllly wanted this one.. but missed it due to the fact that I wasn't online today .. (hubby sleeps in room with computer) Don't let people get you down. Most people appreciate your efforts and enjoy your work. Don't stop please? Storm

pokeydots ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:22 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful! :) I never panic about viruses, but I did ask in the thread what they were talking about. I did get to download the outfit, and I am so glad I did. So thank you from the bottom of my heart, for what you gave freely. I must admit, just when I find something good, it disappears :( This is the first I have seen of your work, and it is wonderful. Thank you once again, pokeydots

Poser 9 SR3  and 8 sr3
=================
Processor Type:  AMD Phenom II 830 Quad-Core
2.80GHz, 4000MHz System Bus, 2MB L2 Cache + 6MB Shared L3 Cache
Hard Drive Size:  1TB
Processor - Clock Speed:  2.8 GHz
Operating System:  Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 
Graphics Type:  ATI Radeon HD 4200
•ATI Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics 
System Ram:  8GB 

pendarian ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:45 AM

Wusamah, you truly are handsome and beautiful, inside and out :) I was not able to get any of your free downloads simply because I wasn't at the right place at the right time, but that's okay :) That's not why I'm writing this post :) I just wanted to thank you for being generous with your time and your hard work. You and anyone else that provides free items for the communities are a treasure and should be treated as such. So, I am sorry that the few once again has messed up something good for the many...but do what you have to do. We'll all still love you anyway, no matter what you decide, simply because you cared to give away rather then sell at one point in time :) I'm sorry you were given a hassle. I wish it had not happened, but people being people, I'm really not surprised, which is a sad thing. And people wonder why freebies are disappearing at an alarming rate...if it's not bandwidth issues, it's the breaking of a spirit. Pendy

MadYuri ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:04 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful... I like your stuff and if you are going commercial I will probably buy it. I have one question through: Will you make some matching clothing for the handsome and beautiful Mike also? ;)

Skygirl ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:31 AM

Wusamah, I have no idea if you are handsome and beautiful, but one thing I do know...I understand you !!! Getting slammed one or another way for giving away free stuff seems to be normal praxis at certain sites. Some people seems to forget the hart work put into those free things and forget that you or anybody else offers time and sometimes money to make those free things available. Well, when greed graps certain people....

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:36 AM

Wusamah, I have no idea if you are physically handsome but your free sharing was an act of beauty. I wish I had gotten to download any of your stuff, I had seen them but too late. A lot of people do BITCH about free stuff. Please ignore them and keep doing your own thing. :) many people appreciate your work. The craftmanship (I say judging from renders) is way beyond average. Goodluck with the love life.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

mayhem ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:58 AM

Wusamah, like a broken record with these replies, you are so handsome and beautiful. I applaud you on your FLASH websites, FREE products, and unbelievable creativity. Since I've become involved with Poser and Renderosity.com, your name has been plastered all over the place. I managed to get in on your new La Seduzione product (which I think is fantastic). F all those who bitch and moan- we all know who the real artists are around here. You're a trooper. -MAYHEM

lelionx ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:59 AM

don't let'm get you down bud.it's like my dad says,there no shortage of a-holes in this world.i think it occurs even more on the internet because they know you can't reach through the screen and smack the hell out of them.

FaerieGurl ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:41 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful... smiles That said I thank you bunches for the GREAT freestuff, and I look forward to buying things that you will sell in the future! :O) About those that constanly complain about freestuff... I hear it all the time, it's usually never by people complaining about the actual stuff but how they have to go about getting it... (on my website they have to click 3 whole links!) don't worry about them they will always complain... Cookie

etep ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 3:47 AM

hi, h & b 1, it seems some people believe that they r due things as of right, and if they can not get what they want in a hurry then they kick up a stink, free is free even if it takes a little time, i wonder how long it would have taken these individuals to make the items u freely gave away, from me many thanks, i would love to hear that u change your mind ,but u must do as u feel

jonfe ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 4:23 AM

Wusamah, I have truly enjoyed both your flash presentations and your generous offers so far - please don't let these complaints spoil the fun for all the rest who appreciate your efforts :) I, for one, spent my entire office hours yesterday refreshing the tripod page, waiting for the download to appear - I'm glad we are 'only' twelve hours apart :) Jon PS Excuse me skipping the obligatory 'handsome and beautiful' part - I feel your art and behaviour speak for itself :)

Papu ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 4:39 AM

Mr HandsomeBeautiful man, I am very sorry about everything. I read some of that thread and ... sorry. Paula PS: your flash is some of the best I have seen. Keep it up!

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 5:10 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful... Thank you so much for sharing your creations with us. I can understand the way you're feeling now and I am sorry you had to go through this. Wishing you nothing but the best, -Eowyn

welcomesite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 5:12 AM

I feel your pain. I also discontinued creating 'free stuff' after my experiences here. A few turds seem to often spoil things for the majority. Britney Spears is a repulsive pig.

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 6:04 AM

Wusama kawaii desu 8 ) thank you for all the trouble you've gone through. It'd be nice if greed and "me me me" wasn't all there was in the world.. but there we are.. you Storm, Trav, and many many others have all given so much only to be abused for it.. sigh and people wonder why there's so little still being given away.... CHeers

saxon ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 6:18 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful... I just wanted to join in and encourage a fellow Flash user.......

gryffnn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 7:38 AM

How can I resist using such a great subject line? Hope you make enough on your products to pay off the huge hosting bill. The great benefit of being a vendor is not getting rich, but maybe Poser isn't making us poorer! Well, unless we buy everybody else's stuff... By the way, Jaager, SnowSultan and AprilYSH, you are handsome and beautiful, too.

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:56 AM

Wusamah, you are so handsome and beautiful....giggle... I thought your free stuff was great...unfortunately I was an idiot and thought..."i don't have time to download it now, I'll come back and get it later"...and later...it was gone :( I have been to your site and although i don't usually like Flash sites, I find yours to be very well done. If you intend to sell your clothing items, I will definately be putting some of them on my wish list until I can afford them because they looked fabulous. As a mater of fact, I was planning a piece using that shirt and scarf but they were the things I went back to find that were gone. Keep up the good work! And Thank You!!!

Admin: http://www.artistsagainstcensorship.com
Artist: http://www.skyewolfimages.com

rasputina ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 8:58 AM

So handsome, so so beautiful, Thank you for the free downloads that you have offered, the items are beautiful and quite unique to the Vicky garb be it commercial or free. The Flash presentations were fascinating. People should appreciate free-it is right there in the very word free, a gift, something to share with the community. I am sorry you have been so slagged that you are put off of making more items gratis. Best of luck to you in the future.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 10:37 AM

Ahhhhh....I love it how the whiners about free stuff can defend thier right to whine...and then complain when the recipient (Wusamah) of thier spoiled rotten, gimme-gimme-gimme attitude gets pissed about it. Many thanks to all the whiners and complainers for the loss of all the great free stuff over the years they caused by making free stuff makers feel unappreciated for thier hard work. How I do appreciate you. (This would be sarcasm.)

Wusumah....you handsome and beautiful person you!! Thank you sincerely for all the amazing freebies you have provided us with despite the constant complaining of a few spoiled children who never learned to say Thank You. Personally....I loved the Flash instructions included in the zip. I enjoy your Flash work alot and thanks to you...I am picking my flash books back up. ;o)

I'll be waiting in line when your stuff hits the Marketplace.

welcomesite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 11:23 AM

Looks like another 'lovefest' brewing? I guess there are 2 'camps' regarding how one might receive a gift that is 'less than perfect'. 2 schools of thought on the proper response one should give when faced with someone who gives a gift.. but doesn't fulfill some narrow minded, preconceived expectations of the 'requirements' that an arbitrary receiver of the gift might demand. Wusamah, I think that you should institute a 'double your money back' policy for anyone who's not happy with your free offerings, or anyone who presumes to tell you that you shouldn't use Flash, because they don't happen to like it, you handsome, beautiful person, you.

AprilYSH ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:03 PM

You know something, I think some people would be lost without the ability to give away their free stuff then go strutting around, and complaining about whiners. that says you agree that there ARE whiners in the first place. that's what most freestuff givers are stumped about! have you thought about it in a real life scenario? you bake a cake, you take it to work, leave it in the kitchen with a note saying "please enjoy the cake, no need to pay, it's on me!" two people pass by your desk and one of them is saying to the other, "i can't believe that person who left the cake didn't bother to bring a knife, plates and spoons!" shock! THEN and ONLY THEN does the cake baker get all uppity about his cake. he says "well, at least i even made the cake. sniff sniff next time i won't bother" and THEN the two people pass by again saying, "guess what, that snobby cake baker has threatened not to bring more cake! what a bloody show off. he just made that cake so he can strut about and threaten us with no more cake!" shakes head i have NOT seen any freestuff giver get all snobby BEFORE they were abused. if you have witnessed this, who the heck is it??? are you sure you aren't painting everyone with the same brush from one encounter with a specific individual? many threads now i've seen a few people complain about the freestuff givers complaining about user's complaints! they seem to have an axe to grind there and can't let it go. we've tried to figure out technical solutions for it (classifying freebies better) but they would rather continue to grind. unfortunately, they are grinding away at real people, not an unfeeling whetstone.

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:08 PM

You go girl! That was a good post, AprilYSH.

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:11 PM

"And look! That snotnosed baker brought cake when we SPECIFICALLY requested cupcakes!!!" LOL -- I think we've all seen variations on that one as well, right?

VirtualSite ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:19 PM

You know, just a small second thought..... I used to be involved with this guy whose family had a particularly bizarre set of traditions around Christmas. Instead of getting, say, his mother a robe, he'd buy three of them, wrap one, let her open it, then show her options 2 and 3. She'd pick one, and he'd return the other two to the store. Now I admit, I can see a certain practicality in that. But when I bought him a DVD player and a set of carving knives, both brands that he had very specifically asked for, only to see them both returned "because I can get you a better deal on these someplace else", I figured, screw it, what's the use? It wasn't a gift anymore, it was... well, a non-gift at that point, I guess. Bottom line? It's a gift, people. If it's not the right size or the right colour or the right this or the right that, no one says you have to download it. If it's not available because of bandwidth, send the donor an e-mail and ask real pretty if he/she will send it to you. Sometimes they will, just cause you asked so nice. If it doesn't work the way you think it should, send them an e-mail and explain what the problem is. Maybe it's something they hadn't figured on when they built it. If there's something seriously wrong with it, send them an e-mail and tell them. And by the same token, if it's something really nice, send them an e-mail and tell them. It takes all of ten seconds to do. And I don't think any of us are under such tight schedules that we can't write a short note.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 12:28 PM

heh Wonderfully stated April and VS.

nikitacreed ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:10 PM

That is the attitude that I often see from SOME free stuff contributors.

Who? Please do list here the folks that you have seen post thier free contributions and demand praise for it? All I see here is someone being pissed about being constantly slammed when they contribute to free stuff. Nobody asking to jump thru hoops....nobody expecting any Thank You....nobody doing anything but getting pissed about being berated because thier gift didn't suit the standards of some spoiled children.

So...who? I'm genuinely curious to see a list of these free stuff contributors who demand all these things you imply.

SnowSultan ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:14 PM

"i have NOT seen any freestuff giver get all snobby BEFORE they were abused. if you have witnessed this, who the heck is it??? " Exactly, I'd like to know too. And why do the receivers of these "gifts" have to complain at all? I recently downloaded several fairly large files that turned out to be corrupted zips, but I didn't tear into the creator with angry e-mails or threatening IMs. Just because we may have the right or even the reason to complain doesn't mean we always should. I'll say it again, we should be thankful that these items are free AT ALL. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 1:50 PM

ronknights, if you could name even ONE contributor who does that, I might go through the trouble of trying to see your point of view....

Eowyn ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2002 at 2:12 PM

That's not much of an answer. If you use this thread as an example it feels like you are also saying wusamah doesn't have the right or the reason to be upset (which he does) shrug I fail to understand you - again.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.